[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
any of you guys have any fun experences with monotype runs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 210px-May_Beautifly.png (58 KB, 210x158) Image search: [Google]
210px-May_Beautifly.png
58 KB, 210x158
any of you guys have any fun experences with monotype runs?

I'm in the midle of a mono flying type alpha sapphire run
>>
>>26664701
so far I'm at the sixth gym and my team is
>lv 38 pelipper
keen eye
air cutter
stockpile
brine
surf
>lv40 swellow
guts
confide
facade
double team
aerial ace
>lv 28 swablu
natural cure
take down
disarming voice
mist
round
>lv 34 crobat
inner focus
wing attack
confuse ray
confide
posion fang
>lv 34 beautifly
swarm
air cutter
silver wind
giga drain
stun spore
>lv 29 skarmory
keen eye
spikes
fly
metal claw
rock smash
>>
A few years back I was doing a poison monotype in fire red with my brother (there's a lot of poison pokeguys in Kanto) and I had to contact nintendo customer support over something and he was playing on the GBA player on the tv and he kept insisting I tell the support guy we're doing a monotype, but I'm a big boy who doesn't cave into peer preasure.

8/10 actually had a reason to use venomoth.
>>
>>26664701
I did mono-grass for Pokemon X. Malva was basically the final boss. That Talonflame was almost enough to end all 6 of my Pokemon by itself.
>>
>>26664701
Poison Monotype in Gold, that shit was incredible.

Ended up grinding coins at the slots for an Ekans to round out my team. Little things like that gave the whole team a lot of character.

Ended up with Crobat, Tentacruel, Arbok, Gengar, Vileplume, and Muk. It was a nonstop bro parade.
>>
>>26664797
mono posion type sounds like a lot of fun and venamoth is always on my kanto team.
really underrated pokemon if you ask me
>>26664817
mono grass sounds pretty painful. did you use cradily to counter the talonflame?
>>26664827
that sounds like a damn good team with all bases covered pretty well!
>>
File: 1465044631356.jpg (18 KB, 259x224) Image search: [Google]
1465044631356.jpg
18 KB, 259x224
Mono-poison seems popular! I had a mono-poison team in Pearl a couple years back. I know I had Roserade and Gengar, plus like two other Pokemon and HM slaves.

Right now I'm doing mono-ghost in Platinum, though it didn't really start until after the first gym, where I caught Drifloon. Currently have Drifblim, Rotom, and Haunter. i forgot to grab a misdreavus ;-;Fantina and the first Cyrus battle were both genuinely challenging! I can't evolve Haunter though since I'm using a phone emulator, but it's kinda fun using unevolved pokes.

I'm planning on doing a monotype in HGSS soon but I'm not sure what type to choose.

I like doing monotype runs because it makes the run harder and I really get to connect to different types.
>>
I do monotype bug for every gen.

Gen 6 was kind of boring because it's just vivillon and a bunch of old bugs.

Gen 5 was fantastic, except it got too easy at the end. I probably shouldn't have used volcorona or shell smash on crustle.

Gen 4 was decent, but I had to resort to toxic stall with vespique, and used 2 wormadams which I regret.

Gen 3 was by far the hardest despite people thinking gen 1 would be. Only good gen 3 bug was armaldo who had a horrible natural movepool.

gen 2 was okay. Surprisingly ledian was a big part of my team, but forretress and pinsir are great

Gen 1 was nice too, total sleep abuse though.
>>
>>26665863
>I'm planning on doing a monotype in HGSS soon but I'm not sure what type to choose.

Please not grass. I did mono grass in HG and it was an ordeal.
>>
>>26665906
I'd do a mono bug type run in sun/moon, but that owlorb is calling my name!
mono flying type again for sun/moon no doubt

>>26665917
flying, ice, bug type gyms. I feel your pain o\
>>
Barring the use of HM slaves, are all types actually usable for a full game playthrough? As in, does every type have at least one member that can learn Rock Smash or Strength or Surf or etc.
>>
>>26666609
No. As an example, a ghost run is impossible in DP because no ghost types could learn surf back then.
>>
>>26666609
it mostly depends on what gen you play

some types require you to use a pokemon as an HM slave.
my personal rule with that is only teach it moves that your pokemon cant learn and as soon as you dont need that HM anymore box him
basicaly using him as a key item to get past a part of the game
>>
>>26664701
I had a monotype run in both black2 and X/Y with bred steel mons.
Surprisingly, it was a bit difficult. Those games are the only ones where you can go full monotype since they don't require you to have HMs to complete the story.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.