[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Moves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: Razor Leaf.jpg (53 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
Razor Leaf.jpg
53 KB, 480x320
Is the four-move limit just right?

What Mons would become totally broken with five moves?
>>
Gengar would become even more of a monster, allowing for a dream eater set that also has destructive coverage
Starmie would become the go to rapid spinner more than it already is, it would be able to hit most everything and use rapid spin
Infernape would improve, I don't know how game breaking it would be but he would be able to have coverage on almost everything
Those are the three I can think of
>>
>>26662214
Smeargle
>>
The popular frog.
>>
Mew
>>
>>26662214
alakazam, mega aggron, charizard-y and x, smeargle, mew, tyranitar, any uber, mega metagross, thundurus, lando, scizor, azelf, most megas.
>>
>let's give prankster mons ANOTHER priority status move
>scarf and band mons need MORE coverage
>stall mons need access to both a status clear AND an HP recovery move in addition to their stat boost/phase, coverage move, and status move

end your life
>>
File: 1424584723663.png (219 KB, 642x642) Image search: [Google]
1424584723663.png
219 KB, 642x642
>>26662261
>dream eater set
why would you do that. why
>>
>>26662214
porygon-z
>>
>>26662565
A lot of scarf users already don't use a lot of their coverage moves anyway, I don't think there are very many at all that really want for a fifth.
>>
>>26662214
Charizard, specifically xzard.

>DD
>Flare blitz/Fire punch
>Outrage/Dragon claw
>Quake
>AND thunderpunch
>>
>>26662214
>five moves

"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."
>>
What should be done is you can have a mons moves in "reserve" and get to pick the 4 you take into battle
The move relearner is pointless and we have infinite tms already
Why keep the middleman?
>>
>>26662660
Bruh, that's genius
>>
>>26662660
best be a way in the menus you pick them because being prompted to pick a move every battle would suck dick
>>
What if
>Mega Pokemon get to use the Mega Evolution Button as an extra move
>This move has a unique animation when used, sometimes being a new move entirely
>>
I kind of had an idea that every species of pokemon would have a fifth "natural" move that they all knew, and could be thematic to that pokemon. For example all dugtrio would have dig, all electrodes have explode, basic bird pokemon could have fly.

This would give pokemon 5 moves, but at the same time prevent the brokenness of greninja with 5 free moves. They could use it to buff weak pokemon by giving them great moves for free, it would be an opportunity to spread utility moves thoughout the game that are fun to use but often not worth the slot, like fell stinger, smack down, etc. It could also be used to ease HM burdens by making early pokemon species know fly/cut/rock smash inherently
>>
>>26662660
This would be very convenient, but I think I would miss those moments when a pokemon has 4 good moves and it gets to learn another one and I don't know which one would be better for it and the team. Having the moves in reserve would allow you to be delete-happy.

It'd be a cool feature, but if it ever happened I hope it would be post-game only
>>
>>26662660
This is a great idea. Please be hired by GF

>>26664712
I assume this would apply for wireless/online play only.
>>
>if we had five moves, the following pokemon would get an extra move and it would be GAAAAAAAAAAME BREAKINGGGGGGGGGG
Just stop. It's not like just Garchomp and Starmie get 5 moves. Every Pokemon would get 5 moves. The meta would just change. Nothing would break.
>>
>>26662660
So like Side Decking.
But for moves.
>>
Every Klinklang now has the exact same moveset because it only has 5 worthwhile moves.
>>
Mew
>>
>>26664651

Might be amazing, but the UI would be funny lookin.
>>
Gliscor?
>>
>>26665394
And you can have a list of saved side decks with little markers that tell you whether or not your pokemon can use all the moves in it
>>
>>26664651
Holy shit that would actually be really cool
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.