[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Pokemon is more fun the less you know about IVs and EVs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: 250px-MainSeriesStarters.png (104 KB, 250x167) Image search: [Google]
250px-MainSeriesStarters.png
104 KB, 250x167
>Pokemon is more fun the less you know about IVs and EVs
>Pokemon is even less fun the more others know about them
>The key to making Pokemon fun again is to hide EVs, make IVs even harder to calculate if not outright impossible,
>Get rid of any NPCs that tell you your Pokémon hidden power so you have to figure it out yourself
>Get rid of move relearners so once a move is forgotten, it's gone, to bring focus back to the way your Pokémon are raised

I signed up for monster raising fun times not fuckin AP calc
>>
>>26660138
That's why I don't bother with competitive. It sucks the spirit out of what Pokémon is supposed to be about: Friendship.
>>
>>26660175
Lol
>>
>>26660138
>it's a /vp/ pretends to know anything about game design episode
>>
You know, you don't HAVE to obsess over the details if you're just playing through the game. It's pretty easy to stop thinking about them and just go with the flow. The changes you suggested will never happen because it alienates the competitive players, one of GF's big focuses right now. Those features aren't even visible to you unless you seek them out anyway.
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 696x528) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 696x528
>>26660138
>Pokemon is more fun without types, so just get rid of typing weaknesses and strengths
>>
File: 1445023599669.jpg (43 KB, 500x328) Image search: [Google]
1445023599669.jpg
43 KB, 500x328
>>26660185
>Lol
>>
>>26660210
Lol
>>
>>26660138

>AP Calc

Kek you're still in high school
>>
Speaking as someone who IV breeds and EV trains... you're kinda right.

IV and EV stuff is fine when you're battling post-game, but when you're just playing the regular games, they can be very distracting. EV especially.

It's hard not to go through the game and think "OK, if I battle this pokemon I'll get this EV point, so I should switch to my other pokemon because he'll benefit more from that". It's not so annoying that it ruins the game, but it makes certain aspects of the game last longer (like grinding, since you don't want to waste EV points by battling wild pokemon your own won't need, so you have to keep escaping in order to find that one that will benefit it).

This could just be me though, I don't know. They're not game breakers for me though, and I respect the people who put a lot of effort into breeding and raising their perfect pokemon.

I can't say I agree with removing them altogether, but maybe add a different way of obtaining EVs in some casualized play mode? Like an easy mode, while the standard way of obtaining them is just the standard mode.

It's a shitty opinion, sure, but it's all I can really think of right now.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.