[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>download HeartGold rom >see starters >chikorita looks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: shinychikorita.png (29 KB, 604x901) Image search: [Google]
shinychikorita.png
29 KB, 604x901
>download HeartGold rom
>see starters
>chikorita looks weird
>realize it's shiny
>think "oh it's probably the rom"
>save state and restart to make sure
>the chikorita is normal
>it's completely legit

I didn't even know the preview could show a shiny pokemon.

I've heard stories of people resetting for weeks for a shiny starter so this is pretty crazy. Any other shiny stories?
>>
When I first played through Pokemon Ruby the Poochenya attacking Birch was shiny.
>>
>>26658724
Dont worry it has shit nature
>>
I was chaining for a shiny weedle in X, and a shiny caterpie broke my chain.
>>
>>26658863
It's ingame, so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>26658724
I was going through Emerald a second time after learning about the cloning glitch so I could get a ton of TMs to use in Gen IV when I stumbled across a shiny Geodude. I cloned it a bunch and transferred them over; they were a big component in me being able to trade for legendaries to complete the National Dex. Now I have two shiny Geodude, a shiny Graveler, and a shiny Golem. A third Geodude is forever trapped inside My Pokemon Ranch.
>>
Just caught my first random shiny today. An Octillery in ORAS.
>>
File: PKmnUnwanted.jpg (279 KB, 648x906) Image search: [Google]
PKmnUnwanted.jpg
279 KB, 648x906
First shiny was the roaming Zapdos in Y.
I'm colorblind, so I didn't notice it at first, thinking that it just sparkled because it was a rare encounter.
I traded it off for another roaming legendary I didn't have at the time. [Regret] Once I'd filled out the main pokedex, I went back to collecting the MoZaRt birds again, but noticed that Zapdos looked funny. I went back into the dex and noted that it had his shiny picture available, but the one I had did not have the shiny star.
UUUUUUGGGH.
>>
File: wow.jpg (13 KB, 201x206) Image search: [Google]
wow.jpg
13 KB, 201x206
>shiny gloom in emerald safari zone
>throw ball
>it runs
>soft reset the game and manipulate rng so that the same encounter is forced again
>catch shiny gloom

>mfw
>>
>>26658724
Oh weird. A month or so ago I also started HG with a shiny Chikorita, also Careful natured.
>>
>>26661678
Also, that said, be prepared to rarely use it because Chikorita and grass-types in general are crap in-game for HGSS.
>>
File: 1463851139973.jpg (37 KB, 474x592) Image search: [Google]
1463851139973.jpg
37 KB, 474x592
>release day of BW
>start game, choose tepig
>send out tepig, is shiny.
>mfw more hype on top of hype day is maxed out
>>
I'm playing SS right now, with a code to make all pokemon shones

feels bright mang
>>
>>26662464
If every pokemon is shiny, none of them are.
>>
The second time I decided to play through X, decided just for shits and giggles to see how long I could keep soft resetting for a shiny starter before I got bored and stopped trying.

Got a shiny Fennekin on my second try.
>>
>>26662464
Congratulations.
You've made your battles pointlessly longer.
>>
>>26658988
Golden Octobro is a good catch
>>
>>26658947
>My Pokemon Ranch
Fuck that takes me back
>>
File: triggered.jpg (7 KB, 172x200) Image search: [Google]
triggered.jpg
7 KB, 172x200
>>26658724
>ot: gold
>>
>>26658724
I stopped playing roms because I was paranoid I would catch a shiny. I would rather catch a shiny in the real game. A shiny in a rom would not feel legit to me.
>>
>>26660005
DonĀ“t worry Zapdos in Y is shiny locked
actually every legendary in XY is shiny locked
>>
I got 2
>End Game
>Fuck, I need this pokemon to be Bold for some reason
>I'll just grab on of my Ralts with Bold/Synchro
>....no bold
>Fine, I'll Dex Nav the fucker
>1 hour later, about 40% of what dex nav gives me is Synchro, but none are Bold
>Fuuu... this has to be done sooner or later, the soo-
>Shiny
>A Shiny Ralts spawns
>Quick ball the fucker
>... not Bold
>I got a Shiny Ralts before I got a Bold/Synchro Ralts
---
>Going to do alot of breeding, mind as well get the oval and shiny charm.
>Need Phanpy
>Throw Donphan from Safari Zone into the over, covered in Ditto for 450 degrees F for 30 seconds
>Egg pops out
>Batch Hatch it with 4 other poks
>Phanpy Hatches
>This isn't how I remember Phanpy... this isn't how I remember Phanpy at all.
>Check it
>Another Accidental Shiny

I only get accidental shinies.
>>
>try 3 of Black nuzlocke
>Route 1
>grinding
>shiny Lillipup

Now its in my pokebank and I'm on try 4. Fuck crits and fuck those useless monkeys
>>
>>26658724
I met a Shiny Sandshrew when playing Heart Gold Nuzlocke.
And I caught it fuck the rules
>>
>>26663551
Shiny Clause allows for it anyway so you didn't break any rules
>>
I encountered my first shiny in one of my earlier Crystal playthroughs. It was a Tentacool off the coast of Olivine. I wasn't aware of the shiny mechanic so I thought my game was broken so I immediately turned off the Gameboy to prevent further damage.

Another story, I didn't know that the Master Ball had a 100% catch rate so I used it on an Aipom.
>>
>>26663547
BW is terrible for nuzlockes, the early game crits are off the fucking charts. Getting to and past Burgh without dying to crit tackles and fury swipes is a matter of pure luck
>>
Got my first legit shiny in White 2 postgame. I was EV training special attack in the Celestial Tower when a shiny Litwick appeared. I was stoked when I caught it but I was a little disappointed after I looked up Chandelure's shiny sprite. I just let it sit untouched in my PC.
>>
My first shiny ever was a Zigzagoon, caught it in Sapphire, if it wasn't for the star animation that appears I wouldn't have noticed it was a shiny since I was playing on a GBA and I could barely tell the difference, that save file was lost however. Since then the only other shinies I have ever encountered are Skitty and Zubat, I have both in my copy of HeartGold.
>>
>>26665688
I just find it hard to build momentum. I just got the first badge again but only have 3 pokemon.

I feel like in the first few routes there's too few trainers to fight and too low level pokemon. Its impossible to get good levels in nuzlocke or not
>>
>>26663449
>shiny before bold Ralts
I've gotten shinies like that before.

>looking for female Growlithe in Friend Safari
>find a shiny instead
>still not female

Good times.
>>
>>26658724
I've actually gotten a shiny chimchar in Plat and a shiny mudkip in emerald. Pink Swampert raped so much butts.
>>
>>26658724
>be me safaring for shiny Luxio for about 5 hours straight
>oh shit a sparkle
>mffw shiny Electabuzz
>catch it anyway even though I was so sad and pissed I just wanted to run away from it

>another time
>safaring for shiny eevee
>encounter not one
>but TWO
>fucking two shiny loudreds
>still no shiny eevee to this day
>>
>>26666120
FS does that so much.
>friend and I have been looking for Shiny Rhydon or Pupitar on different ds'
>searching for days
>find five shiny Nosepass instead
>>
First shiny was a Seaking in ruby. I wanted to catch all safari zone mons, and all i needed was goldeen & seaking, got that fucker on the first super rod cast. Was female, ended up naming it seaqueen, and won the master rank of beauty contests with her. Still have her to this day, and shes won master rank beauty in gen 3, 4, and 6.
>>
First shiny was a Ditto in Platinum. Wasn't even sure what was wrong with it until I looked it up. Emulated Plat so couldn't trade it forward. Didn't see another until XY that somehow showered me with shinies.
>First encounter in the daycare route: shiny roselia
>8th masuda egg: shiny eevee
>early fishing chain: 2 shiny corsola
>switch to Black: Pokerus Golurk
>>
>Going for a Modest HA Eevee for a Sylveon
>3rd Dexnav Spot
>Shiny
>Bold
>Adaptability
And that's how I got a Shiny Umbreon
>>
>>26663449

I remember getting a shiny like that, I was randomly breeding a single piplup to go from gen 4 to gen 5, and I didn't even realise it was shiny till I got it into my gen 5 game.

Was an absolute bro even though it's ev's were shit.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.