[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>literally no reason not to include the Sevii islands into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 443x332
>literally no reason not to include the Sevii islands into HGSS post game
If they went to the trouble of remake Kanto for the second time in Gen 4, why the fuck wouldn't they include the sevii islands? There absolutely no reason for them not to included them in HGSS, I would've taken them under a months worth of programming/coding maximum
>>
Op clearly has no idea how game development works.
>>
File: Sevii_Islands.png (214 KB, 278x400) Image search: [Google]
Sevii_Islands.png
214 KB, 278x400
>>26658064
Why is there no bigger Sevii Islands map?
>>
>>26658064
Because there would have been no point to including them? They basically served as a Johto substitute in gen III, it was the place where you could find many of the Johto dex mons missing from Hoenn and mainland Kanto. Otherwise there wasn't all that much to the islands other than some pretty routes, but they'd feel kind of redundant having Johto.
>>
>>26659086
>>26659168
I see the Game Freak Internet Defense Force has arrived.
>>
>>26659649

And now you're being a pedantic little double nigger.
>>
>>26659649
>>26659675
>look at me, I mentioned le funny board culture memes
>am I a part of Anonymous now?

Sevii islands weren't in the originals.
>>
>>26659675
>Implying I'm OP
The Sevii Islands could've really made HGSS blow their originals out of the water. They could've explained what happened to Lorelei and Agatha. They could've had an even longer post game quest.

>Wanting more out of games is being a double nigger
lel
>>
>There's a battle facility in Johto rendering the tower redundant
>There's the Ruins of Alph rendering the Tanoby Ruins redundant
>Daycare in Johto renders pretty much the sole purpose of Four Island redundant
>Rocket Warehouse is pointless
And so on. I loved the Sevii Islands and they /could/ do some cool things with them like a Lorelei rematch, something of interest actually going on in Pattern Bush or making Altering Cave actually have a purpose, but literally every point of interest in the original Sevii Islands is made redundant by other features in HGSS. They'd need to give it a fucking huge revamp to actually be relevant again, much more than "under a months worth of programming"
>>
>>26658064
Sevii Islands were only created to catch Johto pokemon because there was no Johto remake in 3rd gen and to be able to breed your pokemon without trying to retcon the original day care. After the whole short Team Rocket story those are the only two things left to do on the island.
>>
>>26658064
Correct me if I'm wrong but werent the sole purpose of the sevii islands so you could catch Johto pokemon as GSC weren't compatible anymore?
When we have Johto actually in the game what the fuck is the point?
>>
>>26659702
>Wanting to make HGSS even more of a drag
Hgss if anything had too MUCH postgame, I dont know about you, its nice to have it but it just ends up being a chore having to go endure hgss's shitty exp system through what is basically another game.
Adding the sevii islands would just pile onto everything and I doubt anyone would literally have cared to complete them.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.