[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Satoshi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7
File: 213px-Satoshi_Tajiri_2016.jpg (14 KB, 213x320) Image search: [Google]
213px-Satoshi_Tajiri_2016.jpg
14 KB, 213x320
I wonder why Mr.Tajiri does not appear in pokémon related press releases or media... Can vp explain why?
>>
>vp
Fuck off, newfag.
>>
>>26658013
He's the Bill Gates of Pokémon. Way overrated, doesn't have so many merits as people think he has, expecialy nowadays
>>
>>26658013
He's reclusive and literally autistic.

Check out the Game Center CX episode or the TIME interview for a glimpse into his personality.

He's not the sort of person that's a good public face for a company, and he overworks himself to the point of illness.
>>
Literal autismalism
>>
>>26658045
Oh, sorry I forgot to write /vp/.

Fucking moron
>>
>>26658013
Wild guess but he probably made a deal with the rest of the team after GSC. He didn't want to keep doing pokémon games but the others wanted to keep milking the franchise so he became a figurehead and let Masuda in charge.
>>
The picture I posted in this thread was taken on february this year (got it from bulbapedia).

>>26658083 yo might be right
>>
>>26658013
Because he's not related to Pokémon anymore. He's just the CEO of Game Freak and gets all the money, but not related to game development. >>26658013
>>
>>26658115
Now that makes a lot of sense
>>
>>26658083
This.

People can get on my ass for not having sources here, it's not anything I haven't heard before, but the Tajiri exiting was not unlike Sakurai being unwittingly roped into Smash Bros.

Nintendo announced the title publically before telling Sakurai, and told him it would be given to another developer if he didn't take it up.

Pokemon was in no place to fold up when Tajiri left around 2000, it was far too profitable. Enter Masuda with his a region designed around his childhood vacation spot.
>>
>>26658013
Damn, he looks like he's 25 in that photo. Fucking chings don't age.
>>
all of this is news to me and it makes me sad that as my favorite franchise, pokemon's creator is possibly harboring some kind of resentment towards it. I suppose it's a phase all creators go through, I have a medium popular webcomic and to see that go full franchise would give me mixed feelings but...it seems like for tajiri it's not a phase rather his permanent feelings
>>
>>26658183
>is possibly harboring some kind of resentment towards it

Nice baseless speculation. If only you'd bothered to see if it held any weight. Go watch the Game Center CX special, where he plays a FRLG linked battle against the shows' host.

I bet you also think cancelled TV shows were cancelled just to spite you. Fucking selfish sociopathic twat. Artists don't exist to serve you.
>>
>>26658211
What?

a...are you tajiri himself?
>>
>>26658238
Oh, you have such a narrow world view.

No, I'm speaking to a larger issue of people feeling entitled to art. I empathize with the shit people laud at such productions, because of the emotional attachment they form with fiction.

We become so much in love with escapism that we often turn on those in the real world who created these characters which we adore.

It's like that new Ghostbusters movie. I don't argue it looks like shit, but there's this undercurrent of people feeling betrayed or deserving of something else. Y'all don't deserve shit.
>>
File: 17.jpg (269 KB, 557x780) Image search: [Google]
17.jpg
269 KB, 557x780
>>26658152
>>
>>26658013
lol he's named after the japanese name for ash? what a weeb.
>>
>>26658285
>>26658211
dude, you are a genuine idiot
>>
>>26658183
I bet you think Stan Lee hates marvel because he doesn't work on the comics any more.

Anyway, no he doesn't hate Pokemon he just doesn't work on it anymore because he has other work to deal with now.
>>
>>26658352
No Ash is named after him.
>>
>>26658368
what else does he do
>>
>>26658362
And you're a blind consumer who probably skips over the credits.
>>
>>26658395
But the dude's name isn't even Ash.
>>
>>26658404
how does anything you've said so far even make sense especially when considering my posts that you're replying to? i'm arguing with an actual 12 year old right now
>>
>>26658352
>>26658413
I take the bait. The creator of Pokemon is Satoshi Tajiri. In Japan Ash is named after him.
>>
>>26658433
Dude, you can't say that when your posts have been nothing but speculation and your own feelings.
Also you haven't actually said a thing relating to his posts and just went
>No you're stupid!
>>
File: satoshi-tajiri-autism-LOOP.jpg (30 KB, 411x278) Image search: [Google]
satoshi-tajiri-autism-LOOP.jpg
30 KB, 411x278
>>26658314
Here's a different pic.
>>
>>26658433
So, what points have you made?

For what I've seen you've just said 'no' in greater words, all lowercased.

You literally have no point to make here. Be gone.
>>
>>26658013
He was killed by a fanatic, just like John Lennon, and the press is trying to cover it.
>>
>>26658452
because you are stupid lmao, that's what the whole fucking threads been, suck my dick

>>26658505
you don't need to say anything else than no sometimes, but im actually not even sure which post you think you're replying to anymore lmfao

"be gone" rofl you cheeky little summer cunt, it's "begone" and no way, you're both fucking retarded. I'd be surprised if you weren't a samefag
>>
>>26658494

That's Tsunekazu Ishihara.
>>
>>26658051
What? he seemed normal, he was extremely friendly with Arino.
>>
>>26658183
>pokemon's creator is possibly harboring some kind of resentment towards it
I don't think it's resentment. It's probably something more like apathy. He was done with pokémon in gen 2. And if you carefully look at it, GSC were the culmination in terms of material. We got almost everything there. Game Freak has just been doing improvements, adding "specia one time" features and some downgrades since gen 3. The cool innovations from gen 1-2 are not present anymore, that means Tajiri doesn't contribute at all with ideas even now where Game Freak is clearly having a tough time coming up with original things.
>>
>>26659102
He has Asperger's/high functioning autism. He's likely fine with people he knows in situations he's familiar with but it probably takes a lot out of him to meet with new people and pretend he isn't scared shitless.

<spoilers>I speak from experience.</spoilers>
>>
>>26659102

Being reclusive and autistic doesn't automatically make someone socially retarded. Tajiri knows how to keep it under control and act normal when he wants to.
>>
>>26658494
When did this pretending Ishihara is Tajiri meme start?
>>
>>26659226
Google Satoshi Tajiri
>>
>>26659226

Dumb """journalists""" using Ishihara's image when talking about Tajiri.

Most people aren't pretending. They've actually been led to think that's what Tajiri looks like because it's the first google result.
>>
>>26659102
Because it was on TV, and in a casual setting.

I'm also an autismo, but that doesn't mean I can't act like a normie. There are just more cracks in the facade.

There's a reason we don't see Tajiri making speeches or appearing at public events. Even normies break when doing public appearances like that, so a reclusive and obsessive person might not be ideal to be the face of the company.
>>
>>26659270
Ishihara being at the top is due to an old /tr/ maymay, though. That's the point the other anon was making, this started as a joke, but so many people have taken the bait because of the lack of recent Tajiri pictures, and general laziness with regards to research.
>>
>>26658045
>underline the use of vp instead of /vp/
>not vp instead of /tr/
you need to be 18 or older to post here.
>>
File: 285.jpg (263 KB, 720x479) Image search: [Google]
285.jpg
263 KB, 720x479
>>26659226
Actually, the meme is "asian people looks all the same"
>>
It's off-putting how out of the public spotlight he's been. I wonder if he still has that office full of Pokemerch from other countries that we saw in gamecenter cx.
>>
>>26660429
(OP)'s pic was taken in February. That's pretty recent, considering that he hardly ever gets photographed.
Also, for a hikikomori autist, he looks quite fine.
>>
>>26658013
He's a mind behind the company's product. He hires people who are actually good at/want to talk to the public for him.
>>
>>26659266
I tried and I found this.

http://daylover1313.deviantart.com/art/Satoshi-Tajiri-no-pen-coloer-work-3-477123185
>>
>>26658404
What's wrong with skipping credits? I literally don't give a shit who did it. My appreciation comes in the money I use to pay for their product. Am I supposed to suck their dick for making a game?
>>
>>26660626
damn, he's doing well for himself considering Masuda and Sugimori aren't looking any better.

I wonder if there's a picture of Atsuko Nishida, she's an unsung hero of the old gang that's stuck around to this day.
>>
>>26658013
How can this 18 years old be the creator of pokemon?
>>
>>26660683
>I literally don't give a shit who did it
And that's the point.

The anon I was talking to doesn't care about the how or why the thing they like was created.

They feel entitled to the art, even if it's to the detriment of the artist.

>What's wrong with skipping credits?

That was a hyperbolic point, but to address it, you're literally ignoring the people who made the thing you like. If a chef brings you food, you thank them. But because of the impersonal nature of video games or film, people divorce the concept of creators from the work.

You don't need to suck their dick, but a bit of appreciation goes a long way. I don't even know why I'm explaining this to you, this sort of thing is either understood or dismissed before it can be understood.

>>26660626
>February

Yeah, that was the 20th anniversary. It's a rare occasion. It's an exception to the rule.

I think we have one other image (or group of images) of him from before this, but after his appearance on Game Center CX, which nearly a decade ago.
>>
>>26660444
the old days, anon. /tr/ will live again.
>>
>>26659135
This.

Also, I would look at things from the perspective of Tajiri. Pokemon was his conception. When RBGGSC were created, he put a lot of love and passion into creating a coherent Pokemon world. When GSC released, every loose end had been tied up, and Pokemon felt like a "finished project" (iirc these are words that came from Sugimori in an interview about the games).

Now, due to the immense popularity of Pokemon, Tajiri couldn't exactly regard it as a finished project -- Nintendo and GF no doubt wanted more games. And so R/S were made, but not by Tajiri. These games threw away all of the lore, plot, characters, and (most of the) Pokemon that Tajiri had established for the sake of recycling a sure selling formula. Tajiri probably would have liked Pokemon to stay in the finished state that he had imagined for it, but he also might have reasoned that Pokemon was too big to be kept in his hands.

Obviously this is all speculation on the character of Tajiri, but since we haven't seen him participate much since gens1/2, it can be implied that he personally didn't plan for Pokemon to become the formula it is today when he created it.
>>
>>26660774
>open window
>shout "Prepare for trouble"
>post results

Ah, the good old days.
>>
>>26660686
Satoshi Tajiri
Creator of Pokémon!
>>
>>26660416
Then Toriyama is an autist too? Togashi, Miura? Shit, he has people to speak for him you know? he doesn't need to appear in public, he just needs to get that ¥¥¥ until he dies.
>>
>>26658211
>Nice baseless speculation. If only you'd bothered to see if it held any weight. Go watch the Game Center CX special, where he plays a FRLG linked battle against the shows' host.

Link?
>>
>>26660684

>I wonder if there's a picture of Atsuko Nishida, she's an unsung hero of the old gang that's stuck around to this day.

No one is worthy enough to see the ultimate Pokemilf.
>>
>>26658183
Why would he hate something that's made him a multi-millionaire?
>>
File: 1444889136791.jpg (67 KB, 500x652) Image search: [Google]
1444889136791.jpg
67 KB, 500x652
>>
File: Atsuko_Nishida.jpg (10 KB, 220x132) Image search: [Google]
Atsuko_Nishida.jpg
10 KB, 220x132
>>26666116
>ultimate Pokemilf
Wow he's right
>>
>>26661007
>lore, plot, characters

So it threw away literally nothing?
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.