[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was this region so good? Why was unova so shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: Shin'ou_Region.jpg (172 KB, 800x557) Image search: [Google]
Shin'ou_Region.jpg
172 KB, 800x557
Why was this region so good? Why was unova so shit?
>>
>>26657247
>Why was this region so good?
Comfy, lot of exploration

>Why was unova so shit?
Bland, linear and full of terribly designed pokemon
>>
Nothing is wrong with unova as a region. It's the poor "reboot" Pokemon designs and the horrible battle scenes that ruin the game. Fuck the panning/zooming camera in battles makes me motion sick
>>
>>26657247
Vast expanse of environments, routes and accessible but irrelevant (storywise) areas. Also top-tier music, whatever played at the Valley Windworks was top notch.
>>
>>26657296
>Fuck the panning/zooming camera in battles makes me motion sick
I didn't have a problem with this.
>>
>>26657247

All of the Pokémon regions are oh ok.

It is the Pokémon, what's most important.
>>
>Why was unova so shit?
Obvious bait OP
>>
>>26657247
Why are all the threads on this board either memes, shitposting, reverse trolling or a combination of all three?
>>
>>26657403
Summer
I'm sick of it too.
>>
>>26657403
Hype cycle brings all the kids from Reddit and Gamefags.
>>
>>26657403
Because 4chan as a whole has degraded over the years, as everyone keeps enabling each other to shitpost. Not even the "niche" boards are safe from the shitposting.

In /vp/'s case, in addition to the above reasons, it's as awful as it is for the obvious baggage pokemon will attract(children, legitimate autists, reddit "trolls", people like OP, people like you and me who feed into them, etc)
Expect it to be one of the worst boards for all time.
>>
File: 1457642392794.gif (1 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1457642392794.gif
1 MB, 200x150
>>26657247
>it's another Sinnohick bashing Gen. V thread
>>
>>26657403
see
>>26657409
>>
>>26657358
>Obvious bait OP
Obvious bait anon
>>
>>26657247
>Why was this region so good?

It wasn't and we've been over WHY Sinnoh is a garbage region a thousand times.

Unova, despite its linearity, actually has routes that are much more enjoyable to explore with more hidden areas and towns that shit all over Sinnoh's towns so much it's not even funny.
>>
>>26657524

>Replying to a post that is posting a reply to that post

Fuck off faggot
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 305x268) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 305x268
>>26657403
Welcome to the site, bud.

It's all shit here.
>>
>>26659267
I liked Brun Way a lot and the other route with the Lost Hotel part a lot.
>>
Unova's cites/towns are far more rememberable than Sinnoh's.
>>
Sinnoh was incredibly boring to me.
>>
>>26659478
>>26659486

These.

Why are people suddenly so infatuated with Sinnoh now? It was almost as bland as Kanto.
>>
>>26657358
Gen 5 is the least popular Gen outside of your hugbox on 4chan.
>>
>>26659707
The routes were ok, but the most charming thing about the region was its diversity, it has a large amount of different zones and microbiomes. Plus the cities were a such cool place to rest in and say because of the goty soundtracks. The rest is caves.
>>
>>26660198
This meme is shilled here to death. Gen 5 is generally praised outside here since XY released. Gen 5 probably gets more shit here than anywhere else. Stop shilling memes from 2012.
>>
>>26660198
It's funny how people pretend this isn't true.

This board's contrarianism has gotten past stale.
>>
>>26660342
>Gen 5 probably gets more shit here than anywhere else.

It wasn't like that at all before.

It's funny how much all that Gen 5 hate seems to coincide with all this sudden Gen 4 praise. Smells suspiciously like a fetus infestation.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.