[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT ACTUALLY unpopular opinions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 89
File: 1462586667552.jpg (34 KB, 535x547) Image search: [Google]
1462586667552.jpg
34 KB, 535x547
No popular "unpopular" opinions, faggots. Keep your memes to yourself. I'll start this off.

ORAS are better than RSE in every way.The Battle Frontier does not matter and has no value.

I prefer first/paired version to third versions.

The fact that Pokemon games only take baby steps of advancement between generations is a problem.

Ohmura is superior to Sugimori and I have glad he's replacing him.

I have yet to see one bad Pokemon design, opinion disregarded.

Rowlet's eyes are kind of weird and creepy and despite it being my new starter choice, it looks weird.
>>
>>26654082
OP IS NOT A FAG
>>
>>26654082
>The Battle Frontier does not matter and has no value.

If you had left this single piece out, your opinions could be valued.

Sorry, you have lost /vp/. You do not win our grand prize, you do not win a home version, you do not even win the crappy $20 giftcard to Applebee's, you get nothing. Goodbye.
>>
>>26654082
Charizard and Lucario are literal trash tier pokemon.
>>
>>26654096
tell me ONE REASON why the Battle Frontier matters.

>>26654098
nigger everybody knows this
>>
>>26654098
you're in the right place
>>
>>26654104
Battle Pyramid.
>>
I think contests are the fun in ORAS
>>
>>26654082
>>26654082

>ORAS better than RS

yeah, on a technical standpoint

>ORAS better than E

rong. and there's many reasons for it being inferior without mentioning Battle Frontier even once.
>>
>>26654114
literally worthless
>>
>>26654122
Please explain, Hoennshitter. ORAS is inherently better than Emerald in every single aspect. There is no way to disprove this.
>>
I actually love the Goldenrod City remix in HGSS.

Gen 5's overworld and aesthetics were great, and the second best after HGSS.

ORAS's Hoenn map artwork isnt that great

>>26654104
It is literally the maison but with more content.
>>
>>26654104
>tell me ONE REASON why additional content and challenge matter.
What is wrong with you. Are you okay?
>>
>>26654122
Bait but I'm bored.
>Battle Tents over tons of Contest areas.
>having pre Gen 4 shittiness compare to anything after
>comfiest music
Okay.
>>
File: 1448116827259.png (174 KB, 499x455) Image search: [Google]
1448116827259.png
174 KB, 499x455
Gen 5 sprites and animations, in and out of battle, are the best in the franchise.
>>
>>26654082
It's absolutely not an issue if Solgaleo and/or Lunala are OU.

Zygarde is the worst handled Pokemon.

TPCi was completely right to change Jynx's appearance.

A Pokemon MMO would be terrible.

Infinite weather should have stayed.

Stealth Rocks did not actually ruin any Pokemon.
>>
>>26654145
>Hoennshitter can't make an actually argument
Like clockwork.
>>
>>26654104
>tell me ONE REASON why the Battle Frontier matters.
More content with restrictions that encourage a deeper level of gameplay?
>>
>>26654163
Literally the only way to experience real battles outside of multiplayer.
In an arcade environment
Making battles fun
>>
>>26654171
>More content
ORAS has tenfold the amount of content Emerald does.
>with restrictions
Oh, don't even start.
>encourage a deeper level of gameplay
Why don't you just pull down Emerald's pants and suck on its dick if you're so biased towards it?
>>
>>26654135
You look retarded.

ORAS does a lot better than Emerald, yes. And anyone denying that is stupid. But so are you.

>lower framerate
>no gym leader rematches
>no frontier (even if you find it worthless it's still worth more than the maison)
>RS gym teams rather than the updated Emerald ones
>less Double Battles in the overworld
>ORAS has better characters, but a worse story (no, Delta Episode hurts ORAS's story, not help it.)
>less difficult

inb4 none of those count because I dont care about them.
inb4 Hoennshiter. I'm a Johtoddler and Unovabortion

>>26654153
dumbass. I agree completely
>>
>>26654135

For one, Emerald didn't add unneeded exposition that slowed the pace of the game down, new areas that were actually worth a shit instead of just placements for legendary events that made very little sense, expanded on the safari zone, improved the overal AI and ingame teams, didn't butcher 90% of the soundtrack, just to name a few.

The only things ORAS has over Emerald is the DexNav and being able to fly to routes.
>>
>>26654178
>ORAS has tenfold the amount of content Emerald does.
How do you mean?
>Oh, don't even start.
What do you mean?
>Why don't you just pull down Emerald's pants and suck on its dick if you're so biased towards it?
This is not an argument. It's a standard insult.
>>
File: 1453699844980.png (168 KB, 748x756) Image search: [Google]
1453699844980.png
168 KB, 748x756
>>26654173
>battle frontier
>"""""""""real battles"""""""""

>>26654179
>lower framerate
Oh yes, I love seeing my 2-framed GBA animations in glorious 60fps. So crisp!
>no gym leader rematches
Who even wants to do this?
>no frontier (even if you find it worthless it's still worth more than the maison)
The Frontier is equally worthless with the Maison.
>RS gym teams rather than the updated Emerald ones
So being different makes it better? Emerald's are no fucking harder or more exciting. It's an in-game gym battle, jesus.
>less Double Battles in the overworld
Good, that shit is stupid. The only reason Gen III had so many is because it was the new feature and they wanted to force it down our asses.
>ORAS has better characters, but a worse story (no, Delta Episode hurts ORAS's story, not help it.)
RSE didn't even HAVE a fucking story, what are you doing?
>less difficult
Give me actual evidence of this other than M-MUH EXP SHARE and M-MUH MEGAS. You can't compare apples to oranges. Play ORAS and RSE back to back while only using the preserved features from RSE and it's no easier or harder. You probably just remember it being hard because you were a dumb little underaged shit.

>inb4 Hoennshiter. I'm a Johtoddler and Unovabortion
Good taste.

>>26654180
>Emerald didn't add unneeded exposition that slowed the pace of the game down
Can't suppress your raging autism for two minutes for a cut scene? Poor baby.
>didn't butcher 90% of the soundtrack
If you actually like Masuda's GBA trumpet rape I feel bad for you. I can only play that game on mute.
>>
I find Lillie completely uninteresting, and I hope she appears as scarcely as possible.

Hau on the other hand seems fun so far, and I don't mind too much that he is the "weak" rival.
>>
File: 1441487103604.png (232 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1441487103604.png
232 KB, 512x384
>>26654223
I'm now convinced this thread was a shitpost. Or you didnt play Emerald. Either way I legitimately dont beleive someone can have these opinions and think they are the majority. Or maybe you know you arent.

>Play ORAS and RSE back to back while only using the preserved features from RSE and it's no easier or harder

I did. I played Emerald for the first time and played ORAS directly after. Emerald is harder. I dont even remember my E4 experience in ORAS but Emerald's was fucking awesme. I remember losing to Wallace with one pokemon left to beat and how fun that was.

The gym leaders had higher leveled pokemon in the first half of the game too. And Emerald doesnt give you Megas. Which I never used anyways, besides Mega Altaria. And never for gym battles. Also, Tate and Lisa.

>Emerald's are no fucking harder or more exciting
Tate and Liza had more than two pokemon that could be taken down by one move in Emerald.

>Good, that shit is stupid
nigga.....SHIT taste.

Either way, most of them were optional, meaning multiple ways to approach a battle, plus more choice given to the player. Even if you dislike them, still a positive.

>RSE didn't even HAVE a fucking story
They have the same story as ORAS, but without the Megas. Like I said, ORAS has better characters, but the clash between the legendaries was nice. If anti climactic as hell. Still, it didnt have Delta Episode, so that's a plus. Because that was shit.

>Good taste
We can at least put our differences aside for that

>>26654305
Lillie will likely be the other rival you know. But I agree Hau is better.
>>
Rotomdex is fucking ugly and looks like babby's first leapfrog tablet. Rotom's fuckhuge eyes on the zoom-in screen are distracting as fuck to any information actually being presented, including in static screenshots.

I don't like Rotom enough as a mememon to enjoy a closeup of its goddamn face every time I want to use the Pokedex.
>>
>>26654223
Also, saying a place with 5 facilities is equally worthless as a place with 1 is just idiotic. But I know you're trying to "trigger hoenbbabies" or some shit.
>>
the new games are mostly tougher than older ones
Fairy type is great
Rowlet is worst one of the gen7 starters,but still good
/vp/ has a serious problem of hating things when they get even semi-popular
>>
>>26654321
>Is told to play ORAS without the optional added features that make the game easier ie Megas
>"I did."
>Uses and bitches about Megas.

>Good taste
>We can at least put our differences aside for that

Yes.
>>
>>26654343
I used one Mega in a few Secret Base battles. Stay BTFO friend.
>>
>>26654343
He said he only used M-Altaria and never for gym battles. As in the only difficult part of any pokemon game. So it changed nothing and his argument stands.
>>
>>26654082
Finding and catching pokemon has always been dull as fuck
Game Corners were shit and may as well have just been shops
Safari Zones are tedious shit
There is nothing wrong with friendly rivals
The first half of XY is great
>>
>>26654407
Agree with everything except the first
>>
>>26654179
>autism: the post
>>
File: 1464312037379.png (81 KB, 204x200) Image search: [Google]
1464312037379.png
81 KB, 204x200
>>26654085
>>
File: 1464984435576.gif (407 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1464984435576.gif
407 KB, 250x250
I get a feeling this whole thread will be full of Unovabortions saying "Gen 5 were the best games" thinking their opinion is unpopular.

Then again, this whole thread is just trash anyway.
>>
>>26654159
Indeed, infinite weather should have stayed or failing that, the rocks should make weather unending.
>>
>>26654515
Everyone knows gen 5 is popular on /vp/ anon.
>>
>>26654082

PokƩmon isn't shouldn't be play competitively.

It's a role-playing game.

It's lore is what's most important.
>>
>>26654515
>>26654545
Gen 5 is popular everywhere. On /vp/ contrarians think it's an unpopular opinion to dislike it.
>>
>>26654082
>ORAS are better than RSE in every way.
Almost correct. The climax of the stort in Emerald with the Rayquaza cutscene kicked ass.
>The Battle Frontier does not matter and has no value.
This is not an opinion anon, it is a fact.
>Muh content
>Muh hard AI
Just play online faggot wtf
>I prefer first/paired version to third versions.
I judge on a case by case basis.
B, C, E, Pt, W,W2, X
>The fact that Pokemon games only take baby steps of advancement between generations is a problem.
Define "problem"
Consider that if they deviate too much from the standard good old recipe, Pokemon as a franchise may loss customers. Customers > shekels > RnD > more games for us. We really don't want pokemon to become unpopular.
>Ohmura is superior to Sugimori and I have glad he's replacing him.
Indifferent.
>I have yet to see one bad Pokemon design, opinion disregarded.
Dragonite, Feraligatr, Groudon, Kyogre, Blaziken, Swampert, Mightyena, Heatran, Emboar line, Delphox line
>>
Gen 4 was the most fun purely for the Contests, Berry grinding and the Underground. I'm yet to see any side games as good as in DP.
>>
>>26654588
>Feraligatr, Kyogre, Heatran, Dragonite
What are you doing.
>>
Mr. Mime is my favorite pokemon. hes cute and has a clever design. no clue where the idea of him being creepy and ugly came along
>>
File: Cute.png (269 KB, 490x457) Image search: [Google]
Cute.png
269 KB, 490x457
>>26654341
>the new games are tougher
How anon? I don't remember finding the games challenging at all after gen 4.

>>26654594
Contests and underground are fucking perfection.

>>26654664
We'll, it is a clown, and clown phobias are fairly common.
>>
File: GTI.jpg (81 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
GTI.jpg
81 KB, 650x366
This is the best Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game
>>
File: 1441604400743.png (349 KB, 576x594) Image search: [Google]
1441604400743.png
349 KB, 576x594
Totodile evolves into one of the ugliest pokemon in the game.

I like HGSS's Goldenrod City theme.

Contests were never good.

Chespin is the best looking starter out of all the gens.

I think Umbreon is the worst eeveeloution.

M-Ampharos is one of the best looking megas.

I don't care if the rival isn't an asshole and Blue is heavily overrated.

Flannery is one of the worst gym leaders.

Litten is the worst gen 7 starter, but isn't bad, just a little too basic.

The MD games are better than the mainline games.

Battle facilities aren't fun because every opponent has perfect pokemon.

The old Safari Zone sucked and I hope the Friend Safari continues to replace it.
>>
>>26654588
>This is not an opinion anon, it is a fact
It is an objectively shit opinion, anon. Hate to break it to you.

Actual Contribution to the thread:
>XY rivals were good
>There is nothing wrong with Gen 1 mechanics
>Reusable TMs were a mistake
>>
>>26654082
More like a "retarded opinions thread".
You've baited some people, so congrats on that I suppose.
>>
>>26654936
The point of the thread is to give retarded/bad opinions though.
>>
HG/SS are pretty lame, while they have some nice features they're absolutely fucked by not improving on all the faults of the originals.

Yokai Watch games has potential to surpass Pokemon in a few years, provided that they continue to improve with each game (so far so good) and Level 5 does not drop it for the next big thing too soon.

PMD were cool at first, but now they're just as much of a rehash as the mainline games. Their stories are good only in comparison with other Pokemon games.

Having too many Pokemon in a single game can be a bad thing - see XY where encounter rates for some species were absolutely awful due to not too few areas to spread them through.

Mega evolutions are bad and I keep erasing them from my memory, only to be reminded of them while browsing /vp/.
>>
>>26654082
>ORAS is better than RS
I agree with you op, ORAS is better than RS but Emerald is still better than both of them.
>>
>>26655092
Some Emerald features are indeed better tha ORAS (frontier, gym leader rematches) but overall ORAS feels stronger
>>
>>26654082
What do you want? An entire paradigm shift between each generation? I think the level of advancement is juuust right.
>>
File: 25.png (216 KB, 721x459) Image search: [Google]
25.png
216 KB, 721x459
>>26654082
>ACTUALLY unpopular opinions

GB Sounds is overrated. It's a great concept but the execution is utter trash, it's not actually the GSC OST, it's just chiptune instruments in a MIDI, if you compare GSC to GB Sounds it's noticeable within seconds. If given a choice between the mediocre HGSS remixes and this horrible excuse for the GSC soundtrack I'll pick the HGSS remixes.

BW2's handholding at the start of the game is just as bad as XY's handholding if not worse. The game handles it slightly better XY by eventually laying off but holy shit is it bad at the start, makes the new area of Unova unenjoyable.

Roaming Legendaries (the Gen II-IV ones, not the XY ones that eventually roost) are good and should come back.

The Safari Zone is great and should come back, and it's a colossal sin for ORAS to cut it out and put a regular route in its place. The fact that this is actually an unpopular opinion and not one of the popular-unpopular opinions people post in these threads saddens me, the Friend Safari isn't even fucking special you just go into a patch of grass and catch things normally, there's no contest aspect to it like the Bug-Catching Contest or anything why do people like it it's just normal wild battles I don't understand.

>>26655116
The level of advancement would be fine if they didn't remove half the features they add every Gen.
>>
>>26657285
*handles it slightly better than XY
>>
>>26654082
Unpopular on /vp/ or on the bigger scale?
Cause for exemple, Gen 6 being much better than Gen 5 is an extremely unpopular opinion here, but outside of this board almost everyone agrees
>>
Following pokemon is unbelievably overrated. If it ever returns, and I hope it doesn't, I pray it's optional. /vp/ complains about OCs with dumb traits all the time. Well, the only thing more Mary Sue than following pokemon is talking to pokemon.

Speaking of which, N was stupid. At least BW2 redeemed team Plasma. I cannot fathom why N is so goddamn popular.

I don't have an issue with Exp. Share. People who are so mad about it should just turn it off. It worked great in XY because of how many pokemon there were to catch in the wild. It made switching your line up a hell of a lot more convenient.

Difficulty Settings in a pokemon game aren't needed. Trainers and Gym Leaders do, however, need more than a team of 3. That is ridiculous.

Didn't care that Battle Frontier wasn't in ORAS. It sucked to have to do Maison again but oh well.

3D models are fine. No, we should not switch back to sprites.

3D models being reused is also fine. There is no reason to remodel 720+ pokemon for a new generation. Reusing the old ones means we get more new mon and megas.

Syncro/Synergy seems dumb but I am willing to see where it goes. I was anti Mega when it was announced but it turned out ok.

I liked more than half of Gen 4's cross-gens and wouldn't mind seeing more of those or new split evos.

Sinnoh was a great region. Up there with Johto and Unova, imo.

Trade evos and version exclusives aren't shill tactics. They are social tactics. If you can't use /wfg/ or F R I E N D S to get those pokemon, you're only hurting yourself.

I hope we get something like Underground in a future game. Racing would be super fun too.

Safari Zone and Friend Safari are great. I would love to have both available in the game.

Cynthia is one of the best champions and NPC in the series. She isn't a random encounter at the end, she shows up during the plot, and does more than sit around waiting for a battle.

I'd rather see balancing of the current types before new ones are ever introduced.
>>
Hau looks like the more interesting rival
I don't mind the Gen 6 Gliding models that much, with the exception of Xatu
Every gen has its flaws, even my favorites
Vanillite is good
Charizard pandering isn't that bad
There should be a few complex bans on Smogon, like Protean Greninja and Speed Boost Blaziken, so people can use the normal abilities in lower tiers
>>
>>26654082
>Unpopular Opinions
I didn't like Gen V comming from Gen IV, because I thought Gen V had no atmosphere, and felt sort of like a Level-5 game in that respect (like LBX or Yokai-watch), which was hard for me coming off of D/P's sombre and melancholic atmosphere throughout the game. Also thought the pokemon design was meh a lot of the time in regards to the fillermons, which tend to be my favorites (e.g., Drifblim>Jellicent). I also thought the story was pretty shit despite it's being shoved down our throats; if it were adapted into an anime/movie/etc without pokemon (but with suspiciously-similar replacements), for example, only bulking it up with more writing like what we got within the game itself, it'd be pretty poorly received.
I also feel like RPGs in general are just excuses to play as anime characters/pokemon/whatever and as vehicles for art and story, and that they would be much better without the RPG elements, whether that be through exclusion of gameplay in general in favor of an anime series or something (in the case of games like Final Fantasy) or in alternative styles of gameplay like third-person hack 'n slash or fighting games (for games like Pokemon). Pokemon is better than most RPGs, but I've still never had fun within the battles themselves unless I'm finding out how much ass a newly-aquired mon kicks or I manage to pull around an important battle from the brink of defeat (although I'm pretty sure both of those feelings'd still come up from time to time regardless of genera)
>>
>>26654082
Hoenn and all its gross Pokemon suck

Competitive Pokemon is really bad

Chikorita is my favorite starter

Pokemon Y is probably my favorite Pokemon game, tied with Crystal

I do not like Rowlet and I do not see why other people prefer him over the other two
>>
>>26657318
>almost everyone agrees

Not really, it's more debatable outside /vp/ but nowhere near unanimous.

>>26657387
The last two are very popular.

>>26654223
Who wants to do Gym Leader rematches? Seriously? ORASfags are the worst Hoennbabbies
>>
>>26657544
>The last two are very popular.
I didn't think /vp/ liked Cynthia outside of shipping herwith Dawn..

Good to know. Only threw in the type thing because more than once a week someone posts about Sound, Cosmic, or Up-the-Butt type speculation.
>>
File: 1407048958944.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1407048958944.webm
1 MB, 640x360
>>26654082
Smogon is garbage compared to VGC
>>
>>26657387
>Mary Sue

You said this in another thread and you're still wrong.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (197 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
197 KB, 3000x1688
>>26657634
>still wrong.

>opinions thread

Pick one.
>>
>>26657646
"I don't like following PokƩmon" is a shitty opinion.

"Having a PokƩmon follow you around is a Mary Sue trait" is wrong.
>>
>>26654082
Stall is an absolutely fine playstyle that takes more skill than hyper offense.
>>
>>26657659
Do you even know where you are?

Take a look at the thread title again.
>ACTUALLY unpopular opinions

I don't give a fuck what (you) think. Following pokemon is super Mary Sue and stupid. Don't like my opinion? Tough shit. Not gonna change it because some cocksucker on /vp/ disagrees.
>>
>>26654082
I think Popplio is legitimately adorable--even more than Rowlet is.

I think Infernape is better than Blaziken in every way except--unfortunately--competitively.

I like playing through XY and ORAS the best right now because they're the most recent games and I tend to find newer games more enjoyable. I feel like this shouldn't be an unpopular opinion, but it always seems like it is. Replaying older games is tedious for different reasons, and I'm sure more parts of XYORAS will feel tedious to me after SM comes out.
>>
>>26657674
>Following pokemon is super Mary Sue

You cannot give any justification to how it's remotely "Mary Sue."
>>
>>26657694
You cannot give any justification why it isn't.

Just because Ash and his buddies do it in the anime doesn't mean it needs to happen in the game.

And, again, I'll point you to the topic of the thread. Quit being a faggot, you faggot. Your entire argument is BUT I LIKE IT.

Oh well, people are can and will disagree with your shitty opinion. Doesn't make them wrong. This is a lesson most 5 year old children have learned already. What's your excuse.
>>
>>26657614
2015 worlds.jpeg
>>
File: Watchog.240.1471911.jpg (18 KB, 240x234) Image search: [Google]
Watchog.240.1471911.jpg
18 KB, 240x234
I actually like Watchog a lot, and consider its design really neat-particularly how its furry is reminiscent of crossing guard vests.
>>
Black and white did linear right. Lots of fleshed out side areas to make up for no main route exploration
>>
File: lyra.jpg (21 KB, 254x190) Image search: [Google]
lyra.jpg
21 KB, 254x190
>>26657712
>You cannot give any justification why it isn't.

Because it's not even anything special? I mean yeah, we don't see too many trainers who keep their PokƩmon out of their PokƩballs, but that's because Game Freak is too lazy to make more than a few overworld models for PokƩmon per game outside HGSS.

Is Lyra a Mary Sue for carring her Marill out of its ball?

Are all the trainers in Amity Square Mary Sues?

Is Jasmine a Mary Sue? She lets her Ampharos out of its ball.

Oh shit! Even Lance had his Dragonite out of its ball that one time in Mahogany! Is he a Mary Sue?

Is the trainer in Celadon who let his Poliwrath out of his ball a Mary Sue, or the Slowpoke trainer in Cerulean?

"He lets his PokƩmon out of its PokƩball sometimes? That's completely unheard of! It' almost the same as having psychic powers and being able to talk with PokƩmon!"

The entire cast of PokƩmon Adventures must be Mary Sues, they sometimes let their PokƩmon outside! I mean some of them are here or there but you get what I mean

We don't "need" following PokƩmon in a game, you're right. Not having following PokƩmon doesn't kill a game. And it's a completely subjective opinion to not like following PokƩmon, you're right. However, you are completely wrong in your use of the word Mary Sue, having your PokƩmon follow you is a completely mundane feature that any trainer in the franchise would be able to do in-universe.

Like fuck, you could bring up that all the protagonists in the series stop an organized crime group singlehandedly, or how they meet highly powerful Legendaries, or even the fact that you seem to be the only trainer who can complete the PokƩdex in each game, with any actions of past player characters also completing the PokƩdex seemingly erased. To fixate on having a PokƩmon outside of its ball out of all the things in the franchise that are much bigger oddities is retarded, and you are also retarded.
>>
>>26657787
I don't see anything wrong with linearity in a Pokemon map. RSE/ORAS, DPPt, and XY were all linear in progression--the maps were just not as linear as BW's. I don't think there's really any difference in practice.
>>
>>26654223
>Who even wants to do this?
I spent most of my time doing Gym Leader rematches in HG/SS.

>>ORAS has better characters, but a worse story (no, Delta Episode hurts ORAS's story, not help it.)

It does actually. It was retarded and simple, but it was a story. The way they tried to expand it then added 20 mins of exposition at the end was stupid.

>less difficult
There are some lowered levels, it's easier. Movesets are changed so your starters learn better moves earlier, it's easier.
>>
>>26654223
(You) earned it
>>
>>26657839
>Is Jasmine a Mary Sue? She lets her Ampharos out of its ball.
>Oh shit! Even Lance had his Dragonite out of its ball that one time in Mahogany! Is he a Mary Sue?

Are you a retard? There's a big diference from mary sue MC "My pokemon is always following me cheeky bugger wont go back in its ball!" and Guy using his Pokemon to fight Team Rocket in the overworld and using your Pokemon to power a lighthouse.

Fucking retard.
>>
>>26657839
>her Ampharos
is not hers fag
>>
>>26654148
>4 Contest Halls that do the exact same thing is better than just one and the tents for the rest.
>>
File: volbeat.gif (436 KB, 500x502) Image search: [Google]
volbeat.gif
436 KB, 500x502
I unironically like Volbeat.
>>
>>26657904
>There's a big diference

The only "diference" is that, as the MC, you're always around when you play the game, while Jasmine and Lance only pop in for a short period in the game.

Tell me, should we remove customization not that I'm a fan of it, male customization sucked because nobody else in the franchise ever changes clothes (with exceptions like Elesa, Elesa is SUCH a fucking Mary Sue how dare she)?

Should we remove Megas just because they're rare and you're one of the few trainers in XYORAS to have them, the others being the Mary Sue big bad, the Mary Sue champion, and your Mary Sue rival?

Should we remove all the starter PokƩmon from the franchise? Nobody ever seems to use them besides you and your rival(s), and you can't catch them in the wild.

Hell, at this rate, let's reduce the number of party PokƩmon you can have because Gym Leaders never have more than three PokƩmon in modern PokƩmon games, and to carry more than the Gym Leaders is a fucking Mary Sue trait. We should make it so you can't battle the Gym Leaders either, because it seems you and your rivals are the only ones who ever bother.

I could go on, but I'm sure you'll say "all those things are different!" and handwave it away.

>>26657914
I always thought she was in charge of the lighthouse, made it seem like she'd own the PokƩmon that powered it. I'll take your word though, my bad, all the other examples still count though, including the Lance one because if he weren't a Mary Sue they'd just have him shove the trainer to the side instead of giving him a special snowflake overworld PokƩmon.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (37 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
37 KB, 200x200
>>26657839
Holy fuck.

Being THIS mad because someone disagrees with (you)r opinion.

You are either actually autistic, a literal child, or just an all around shitty person. Maybe a combination of all three.

You're the one getting assblasted here. I hope you realize how foolish you look. Take solace that you're posting as Anonymous because if this were any other site you'd have been laughed off by now.
>>
>>26654082
>>26658040
One of the worst threads I've seen in a while.
I hope you're proud.
>>
>>26658040
Stop samefagging
>>
File: k.gif (2 MB, 325x252) Image search: [Google]
k.gif
2 MB, 325x252
>>26658076
>multiple people disagree with me
>no, no I'm not wrong... It's clearly one person samefagging
>>
>>26657387
>>26657674
Mary Sue has become a meaningless word for Youtube Cartoon reviewers and TVTropes browsers to throw at random things in an effort to sound smart.

Saying it's a "Mary Sue trait" is entirely meaningless and makes no sense.
>>
The only actually good thing about this franchise is the Pokemon themselves.

The excuse that "Game Freak is polishing the formula" to justify the minimal changes between each game is total bullshit. If that were the case, there would be a clearly visible evolution in the way the game plays. The only real differences between D/P and X/Y outside of graphics are Fairy type, off-grid movement, and character customization.

At least 90% of the time, shiny PokƩmon aren't worth the immense trouble necessary to obtain them.

All of the new Gen 7 mons have been unanimously disappointing, Popplio and Ć¼ber-Pyroar especially.
>>
>>26658159
Mary Sue isn't meaningless, but Sue-ness is relative. You can't simply claim that a trait is one of a Mary Sue without giving why and what it is relation to.
The only exceptions to this are citations of writing that include allegedly neutral, observational material that attempt to choose your emotions and preferences.
>>
File: 13528755135257.gif (481 KB, 300x170) Image search: [Google]
13528755135257.gif
481 KB, 300x170
>>26658159
>Tropes and cliches cannot be used to describe something
>people who uses said terms just want to sound intelligent
>More importantly I dislike the term so NO ONE should ever use it ever.

Let's again remind you we are in an unpopular opinion thread
Let's again remind you that opinions are personal preferences
Let's again remind you that just because someone has a different opinion than you or one you disagree with does not make them wrong
Let's again remind you that the above statement is something 5 year olds have come to terms with.

I'll ask again, since you didn't answer last time, what is your excuse?
>>
>>26658093
Alright then, can you explain how it's remotely Mary Sue then, since you're supposedly a different person?

>>26658206
Tropes and cliches cannot be used to describe something they are not.

If I said Mew can learn Crabhammer I would be objectively wrong, it's not something I can brush off as being an opinion. You saying it's Mary Sue to do something mundane that any and all trainers can do is wrong, you are using the term wrong, it is not at all like you describe.
>>
>>26654082
Battling other human beings is the worst part of Pokemon.
>>
Vanilluxe and its line are fanfastically-designsd Pokemon. Trubbush and Garbardor are alright, too.

I have never for a second wanted to fuck a pokemon
>>
>>26658231
I hope the second isn't really an unpopular opinion. I hope the ones who do want to do that (or any of the ones who want to fuck the underage cartoon character in the game) are just a vocal minority.
>>
>>26654321
>Emerald is harder
Well yeah of course it is.
Gyarados has no fucking moves at all, Swampert is unplayable, Sceptile's only redeeming quality doesnt exist, Acrobatics Crobat doesnt exist, not as much variety in 'mons without DexNav, etc.

Delta Episode was GOAT please die
>>
File: 1406070343753.jpg (865 KB, 608x1070) Image search: [Google]
1406070343753.jpg
865 KB, 608x1070
>>26658221
Once again your argument boils down to I AM RIGHT LA LA LA CANT HEAR YOU.

Trying to argue or reason with someone like that is completely pointless.

To take something so trivial and dereail the entire thread because of it is petulant and juvenile.

There is nothing wrong with expressing an opinion, even (especially) when it differs or opposes your own. IN AN UNPOPULAR OPINION thread nonetheless.

Have you ever seen the "healthy Arcanine on the play field" guy? Congrats, you have sunk to a new low on this board since you are worse than he was.

There is nothing left to say at this point other than

k.
>>
>>26654664
Uncanny valley. Looks a bit too human while being clearly not human

>>26654594
>Underground
Sounds like a really bad meme, but we'll see come Gen4 remakes in either 2 years or 5.
>>
Pokken should have been an actual 2D fighter and not some weird hybrid of other Bamco fighters

Lucario gets too many unwarranted hate on /vp/

Gen 5 had more worse Pokemon designs than good designs
>>
>>26654594
>Gen 4 contests
Fucking casual.
>>
Except Route 10/Victory Road, Neo-Unova was the best region ever made. All it needed was following pokemon from HGSS and for Nintendo to have put their DS servers on something that wasnt fucking GameFly and I'd be playing it to this day
>>
>>26658341
Of course Gen V had more worse Pokemon--it had the most Pokemon introduced. Only one Pokemon can be the best, so every other Pokemon is worse; therefore, it has the most worse Pokemon at 155 worse Pokemon than the 1 best. Gen I is a close second with 150 worse Pokemon and 1 best.
>>
I really like Garbador, he's kind of like the 'so ugly you take subconscious pity on him' pug situation.
>>
>>26658300
>Once again your argument boils down to I AM RIGHT LA LA LA CANT HEAR YOU

I've been giving out examples of NPCs who have PokƩmon follow them and examples of much bigger ways the player character is unique that would be far more prevalent in determining whether they're a "Mary Sue."

All you've been saying is "it's an opinion that means I can't be wrong" even though you are using a defined term incorrectly.

As I said, it's an acceptable opinion to not like following PokƩmon even though you have shit taste, but you're using a word blatantly wrong, which is what sparked the derail. And the only reason I've written such long textwalls is because you told me I had couldn't give justification, so I gave justification, which you haven't even tried to address other than Jasmine being a bad example.
>>
>>26658390
I hate Garbador but that's how I feel about Stunfisk.
>>
>>26658397
k
>>
>>26658412
fag
>>
>>26658421
k
>>
>>26657988
I don't like it as much now, but I remember that when ruby and sapphire first came out I was really into it for some reason, so there's certainly some sort of allure to it.
>>
File: 1463943565699.png (367 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
1463943565699.png
367 KB, 636x358
wow this board is cancer!

>actually dedicating time to shitpost
Is your life that fucking pitiful OP?

that's actually really sad
>>
>>26658200
Yeah, that's what I mean

>>26658206
I'm not that guy. I can say that eggs have Mary Sue traits but that'd be meaningless. There's no logical reason to call it a mary sue thing.

>>26658297
>GOAT
You mean walking from set-piece to set-piece, hearing about how great Zinnia is while she goes on being an awful character, culminating in you being the one destined to meat a legendary for the third time in one game? Delta Episode killed me already

>>26658342
3 Judges were a cool mechanic

>>26658412
>>26658438
lel
>>
>>26658409
Oh yeah, Stunfisk's adorable, aside from Braviary or maybe the Oshawott line it's probably my favorite gen 5 pokemon.
>>
>>26658454
>3 Judges were a cool mechanic
Not really, it just added more RNG shit to it.
Also they removed jamming and combo moves and made shit a whole lot easier.
>>
Epic bait
>>
>>26654096
>you get nothing
le maymay reddit
>>
I like Vanilluxe Klinklang and Garbodor, and all the other inanimate objects. They're just so wacky and unique.
>>
>>26658755
Yeah I feel like people who are angered about inanimate object pokemon are misdirected if they're angry about the fact it's just copying something from the real world or unrealistic, litteraly every pokemon that isn't an inanimate pokemon is either a copy of a real world animal or mythological figure.
>>
>>26658755
Klingklang is god-tier even if I hate the other two. I hate Vanilluxe and Garbodor for their designs, not their concepts, especially Vanilluxe's stupid fucking game.
>>
>>26659064
>game

Meant face, don't know how autocorrect even picked that.
>>
File: 1 day until neeed 3ds.png (612 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
1 day until neeed 3ds.png
612 KB, 500x700
>>26654082
Pokemon is a pretty garbage turn based RPG.
>>
File: 1464704403491.jpg (490 KB, 1716x1253) Image search: [Google]
1464704403491.jpg
490 KB, 1716x1253
If not forming an opinion counts, I guess Zinnia.
On one hand:
>kinda like how she appears throughout story
>alright monotype team, if PC doesn't use mega-Fug
>kinda cute, would fug
On the other:
>terrible pre-battle animation
>still using dragons
>pointless backstory that doesn't go anywhere
>pic related
>doesnt really add anything that another character couldnt
>>
I'm not sure if this is necessarily unpopular or not, but I feel like I'm the only one who finds friends/rivals incredibly annoying. I'm not sure why, they just get under my skin and I hate them. Calem and Brendan weren't so bad, but I fucking hated Bianca and Shauna the most.

I have a feeling that Hau is going to irritate the shit out of me.
>>
>>26658755
I don't care what anyone else says, I fucking love Klefki. It's adorable, it's cry is the cutest.
>>
>>26657387
>Cynthia is one of the best champions and NPC in the series. She isn't a random encounter at the end, she shows up during the plot, and does more than sit around waiting for a battle
I thought this was an unpopular opinions thread, I hate Sinnoh and even I can say she was a great champion. Although, I don't think any other champion than Diantha sits around waiting for a battle.
>>
I actually hope that Synchro/Fusion is the gimmick for gen 7 it seems kinda cool
>>
>>26659256
It's not unpopular to dislike Zinnia
>>
On top of being furbait Weavile's design is fucking trash and I hate it
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-08-13-44-40~2.jpg (319 KB, 1440x1664) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-08-13-44-40~2.jpg
319 KB, 1440x1664
>>26658300
as the other guy in the argument against OH MY GOD KILL (if you dont believe me, look to pic related), im personally offended that you dare compare anyone to that steaming pile of shit for something so trivial.

Especially when you're fucking wrong, dipshit. Mary Sue is a title given ONLY to characters who break their universes by being too good, too loved, and in general making everything out of whack.

Having their Pokemon outside of their Pokeball while not in battle is not a trait that breaks the fucking universe as we know it. It's just something we as a player can't do. Even if Mary Sues often have their Pokemon out, that doesnt mean their Pokemon being out is a trait that makes them that way.

Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>26660167
There's no blanket traits of Mary Sues anyways since it's all about how they are executed more than anything.
>>
I actually like the washed out colors in XY.
I think it gives them a neat style.
>>
>>26654082

People say that Gen 5 was the start of hand-holding, yet I found that BW2 were the hardest games in the series besides Colosseum/GoD
>>
>>26660278
This
Its not what positive qualities a character has that makes Mary Sue, its how many positive qualities.
>>
>>26660278
Exactly.

I'd dare say I see more OMGK in the guy I replied to. He refuses to concede anywhere, even when he's been proven wrong handily.
He also has a warped idea of his main argument- like how OMGK doesnt know the first thing about honor and how most honorbound societies treat forfeiters, he doesn't know shit about Mary Suedom and probably heard it on DeviantArt and now spouts it to sound "in".

I wouldnt say he's the same, but he should be looking in a mirror before he throws around shit like that.
>>
Generation 4 is terrible by any measure possible and I can spot underages and people with shit taste by seeing it high in their tier.
If I met someone in real life who loves gen 4 I'd probably try to kill them or at least beat them up until they can't walk and get away with it.
>>
gen 6 is my favorite gen
>>
File: 1446395624565.jpg (97 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1446395624565.jpg
97 KB, 640x640
>>26660349
bring it on faggot i'd fuck you up
>>
>>26660167
>opinions are wrong!
In an unpopular opinion thread.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>26660462
He's arguing it as an objective statement, so I'm gonna treat it like one.
>>
>>26657285
I liked BW2 but I hated that even after the second gym im still having npcs come up and "teach" me shit. Really frustrating.
>>
>>26660513
Not at all. The Anon who originally stated to dislike following pokƩmon stated an opinion. The other person who replied to that original Anon was butt hurt about someone disliking what he liked.

This is how it should have gone:
1. Following pokƩmon sucks. It's Mary Sue.
2. I like following pokƩmon and disagree with you calling it Mary Sue.
1. It's an unpopular opinion thread. You can like it. I don't.
2. Fine. I still don't think it's Mary Sue.

But no, anon2 went and derailed the whole thread because "shit taste" (something he actually said.)
>>
>>26660573
He didnt say "I think it's mary sue," (an opinion), he said "The only thing more Mary Sue than following PokƩmon is talking to PokƩmon." A statement. Of percieved fact.

The label Mary Sue carries a connotation that the character OBJECTIVELY breaks the universe in their favor. The latter is an actual Mary Sue trait, since in the world of Pokemon communication with all but a select few PokƩmon shouldn't be possible. The former is possible, and has existed in the games before, but Game Freak has refused to add it back in (likely out of laziness).

What I will accept as opinion is the statement that "If [following PokƩmon] ever come back (and I hope it doesn't) I hope it's optional." THAT is an opinion, and though I dont agree with him he can go on having it.

It's the latter statement in that paragraph, and especially the attempt to discredit his (retarded, but uniquesly so) opponent by comparing him to the dumbest person I've ever met is what's grinding my gears.
>>
>>26660717
Who fucking cares?
Leave the Mary Sue shit out of this. The second guy was a complete autist for attacking opinions. In an opinion thread.

OMGK was the a special kind of awful but it doesn't mean you need to let it haunt you. The fact he still grinds your gears (as justified as it is) means he's winning. Don't let him win.

>likely out of laziness
While I'm inclined to agree, couldn't it be something as simple as having follower models is just too much (data) to put into the game for a feature with basically no function?
>>
>>26660810
>The second guy was a complete autist for attacking opinions. In an opinion thread.
Not part of this argument but what's wrong with challenging opinions in an unpopular opinions thread? You want this to be a safe space for unpopular opinions?
>>
>>26660868
Challenging an opinion is one thing. Outright saying Oman opinion is shit in a thread meant for unpopular opinions is autistic.
>>
>>26660894
An opinion*
Shitty phone posting is shitty.
>>
>>26654082
>I agree, though I would've liked BF more than Maison
>I'm interested to know why, I've always preferred the 3rd versions (though I prefer how B/W had only new pokemon to B2/W2's early riolu and growlithe)
>I agree
>I absolutely agree
>I...respect your opinion
>I can see what you mean

Overall, OP aint such a faggot
>>
Here's a shitload
Smogon tiers are superior in every aspect to vgc, and, while not being perfect, at least try to make a balanced game instead of a bullshit 6 threats dogsperm tier.
OU in particular is the king of all tiers.
Gen 4 along with gen 5 was the pinnacle of pokƩmon, and DP were good games.
Twitch streames of pokƩmon competitive games like VGC tournaments/etc are no different from yts, and are the same garbage low quality entertainment tier.
Gen 5 overworld aesthetics was the best in the franchise along with the HGSS' one.
Gen 3 sprites looks quite good.
Alola doesn't look so small.
>>
>>26660972
>gen 4 along with gen 5 was the pinnacle of pokƩmon, and DP were good

Whoa buddy. Where do you get off having such good taste.
>>
>>26660573
As that anon, I wrote two textwalls and a couple smaller posts, and the thread never halted because of the discussion.

If you don't want people to judge your opinions don't bring them up. I defended roaming Legendaries in this thread and regularly do on this board, you don't see me crying about bullying.
>>
>>26661016
Geeze, you're mighty touchy. What got your knickers in a twist? No one is crying about bullying. People are just calling you a twat because you acted like a fucking twat.

If you have a problem with that see your own statement on bullying.
>>
I like Diamond and Pearl more than Platinum because I don't like many of Platinum's aesthetic or story changes and find its additions underwhelming and without impact
>>
>>26654082
>unpopular

>ORAS are better than RSE in every way
That's not an unpopular opinion

>I prefer first/paired version to third versions
A lot of people too
>>
>>26661095
>you're mighty touchy

You've been responding with "IT'S MY OPINION SHUT UP" and "k" the entire thread.
>>
>>26661118
Oh. You think I'm that anon?
No, no. I'm not.

I just happen to think you're a mighty twat.

However, like the original anon said, people can disagree with you. It doesn't mean they are samefag.
>>
>>26661164
>Oh. You think I'm that anon?

Don't know why anyone else would defend him so you have to be.
>>
>>26661180
You do realize that your point of view is not the objective truth right?

I don't agree with that original anon. I thought following pokƩmon was fine for HGSS and yellow. The only thing I do agree with him in is that you're cunt.
>>
>>26661201
>You do realize that your point of view is not the objective truth right?

Yes, but I also know that Mary Sue is a defined term and he's misusing it.
>>
>>26661214
Alright, and?

If that's your nitpick that you went on this entire tirade about you have effectively wasted an entire day on something trivial.

Stop being a twat and move on.
>>
File: doduo.png (31 KB, 197x200) Image search: [Google]
doduo.png
31 KB, 197x200
>>26661262
>and?

And I brought it up and he responded with "IT'S MY OPINION SHUT UP YOU CAN'T JUSTIFY IT" so I continued the conversation. I've spent much more time arguing about much more trivial things.

And I did move on since he seems to have disappeared, you're the only one still bringing it up.
>>
>>26654159
Just gotta know, why would the Pokemon MMO be terrible? If done correctly it could be the best game to date.
>>
>>26661409
If done correctly it would add pretty much nothing to the game because we already have trading and battling and tournaments online. It would be a PokƩmon game with other players walking around that you have to pay $20 per month for, instead of a one-time $40 purchase or something you get for free with CFW.
>>
>>26661351
>I've spent much more time arguing about much more trivial things.

The fact that you even admit that is a new level of pathetic I didn't know existed.

You acted like a spoilt brat with sand in your vagina this whole thread. Like the other anon, I'm done with you. It's pretty clear that you need to have the last word edgewise so go right ahead and reply. It's going to fall on deaf ears.
>>
>>26661473
You really are the same guy from earlier samefagging, aren't you?
>>
>>26661463
Completely agree. A Pokemon MMO would add absolutely nothing to the franchise.
>>
File: harvestmoon39.jpg (88 KB, 530x350) Image search: [Google]
harvestmoon39.jpg
88 KB, 530x350
I fucking love the 3D models, and anyone who carries on about how THEY JUST STAND THERE MOST OF THE TIME is a retard. Of course they do, they're not spastic epileptics flailing their arms around, stomping backwards and forwards in some sad attempt to be interesting/intimidating, they're standing there waiting for their turn to attack. They're acting natural. Watching something repeat the same hectic movements non-stop is stupid. BU-BU-BUT MUH POKEMON SHOULD BE EXPRESSIVE! Fuck you.

And I never liked Pokemon's spritework anyway. I don't mind Sprites, I love the look of Mother 3 or Harvest Moon, they look cozy as fuck. But Pokemon sprites weren't anything beyond "alright, I guess."

Look at this. Pokemon couldn't compete.
>>
>>26658206
when will this "opinions can literally never be wrong" meme end?

the anon isn't arguing that the opinion is wrong, he is arguing that the term "Mary Sue" has a single definition and that the other anon is factually using it incorrectly. That's it.
>>
I unironically think Kanto is the best region and I would happily buy a re-remake
>>
>>26661577
>THEY JUST STAND THERE MOST OF THE TIME is a retard. Of course they do, they're not spastic epileptics flailing their arms around, stomping backwards and forwards in some sad attempt to be interesting/intimidating
>not liking Stadium animations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWZ-tJQ2kzM

If every PokƩmon had this level of expressiveness in their battle animations nobody would ever complain about the Gen 6 models besides maybe Delphox fans because they admittedly got a pretty shit model.
>>
>>26658245
They're fucking fictional characters. Get over yourself, normalfag.
>>
File: 1462142646746.jpg (21 KB, 356x395) Image search: [Google]
1462142646746.jpg
21 KB, 356x395
>>26654082
>Ohmura is superior to Sugimori and I have glad he's replacing him.
if only
>>
B2/W2 are overrated
>>
File: 1454227340707.png (439 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1454227340707.png
439 KB, 400x400
>>26659256
>terrible pre-battle animation

My unpopular opinion; I like her pre-battle animation.

Gives her the "crazy as fuck" appeal where you know that you shouldn't stick your dick in it, but you still kind of want to stick your dick in crazy. Bet she fucks like a tiger.
>>
File: 1396128102730.jpg (73 KB, 990x1000) Image search: [Google]
1396128102730.jpg
73 KB, 990x1000
Gen V OU was the best meta.

UU is the worst tier.

I don't give a shit about following Pokemon.

Smogon does nothing wrong.

VGC is a joke, has always been a joke, and always will be a joke.

Gen 3 music had the most impact. Wasn't the best, but the most memorable.

Fairy type should not have been added or should not have been as powerful as it is. Hoping for a nerf in Sun/Moon.

Garbodor is great, but Vanillite is shit.

Gen 2 Pokemon are the worst. (Gen 2 brought some great changes to Pokemon, though not as good as the Physical/Special split).

I don't mind HMs and I don't mind games that require a lot of HMs. I never had a problem with Defog in gen IV because it's not like my Staraptor was using Growl anyway.

Garchomp is a better design than Flygon. "Edginess" is a meaningless buzzword that has no bearing on a design.

>>26657410
You can't ban Protean Greninja or Speed Boost Blaziken because that would bring into question the tiering of every single Pokemon set. Arceus for OU as long as it doesn't carry Extreme Speed, Scizor for UU if it has Swarm, Whimsicott for NU if it has Chlorophyll. It does not work. You tier a Pokemon based on its best set, you don't take its other, shittier sets into consideration.
>>
File: 256788.jpg (50 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
256788.jpg
50 KB, 600x450
Pikachu is one of my favorites.
>>
ORAS is better than Ruby and Sapphire, NOT better than Emerald.

Emerald Battle Frontier is the best post game in any gen, and the contests were actually fun.
>>
File: 1449272805198.png (454 KB, 810x810) Image search: [Google]
1449272805198.png
454 KB, 810x810
>>26660462
>In an unpopular opinion thread.

Being wrong is not an opinion. Up is down is not an opinion. Five plus five equals negative seven is not an opinion.

You don't get to be wrong and hide it behind the wall of "Well that's just, like, my opinion man."

You used a term you don't understand, and you used it incorrectly. You could have just admitted that was wrong and said you still find Following Pokemon a shitty feature. Because I can agree with that somewhat. I don't think it's shitty, but it is completely pointless. Would it be nice? Sure, I don't care, maybe it would be. But it's a feature that adds so fucking little that it doesn't deserve the amount of dickriding it gets from people who consider a generation to be a blunder just because they can't turn around, press A, and have :D appear on their screen with a "PenisInVagoo is feeling happy!" in a text box.
>>
I don't really dislike any Pokemon. Even some of the ones I've been iffy on have proven to be bros in alternate playthroughs with them or in Tabletop situations.

I do however like a lot of unevolved Pokemon more than their evolutions, like Wartortle, Tangela, Pumpkaboo, Helioptile (by a smidge), etc.

It sometimes makes it hard to evolve them.

Also for as bullshit as it was, I miss having things like honey trees scattered across the region to check. I don't mind having berries consolidated because that can be a bitch to check on every few hours to water, but hidden grottos and honey trees to check in on was a fun way to go backtrack as a breather from grinding or journeying.
>>
>>26654795
Literally why?

I'm actually curious
>>
File: image.png (234 KB, 858x476) Image search: [Google]
image.png
234 KB, 858x476
>>26661856
>adventure time
>>
>so many people took the bait
>>
File: 1409792398191.png (48 KB, 189x188) Image search: [Google]
1409792398191.png
48 KB, 189x188
>>26661909
>Naruto
>>
Not really sure if it's unpopular, but Gen 2 made me hate Kanto. Cinnabar Island, The Seafoam Islands and the south Fuchsia beach were some of my favorite places in Gen 1. Downsizing Kanto was fine but losing that to a canonized "the volcano fucked everything up" hurt.

Also fuck the asshole that decided to rip up the Pokemon Tower to put in a Radio Tower. I wish they added spooky things to that part in HGSS to show them pissing off the spirits since that's probably worse than what Team Rocket did in the tower.
>>
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 1296x730) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 1296x730
>>26661964
>family guy
>>
>>26654082
Ohmura does more artwork, yes but Ariga's the better Sugimori stand-in.
>>
I don't use Grass type pokemon, ever. Since gen 1, never picked them as a starter or even been tempted too. I vaguely recall maybe making use of a Victorybell in gen 2. I catch them, but never keep them in my party.

Tl; dr - I dislike all grass types
>>
These aren't "unpopular opinions".
These are carefully crafted statements to trigger the shit out of this board.
>>
I like gen 3 and 4 equally
>>
>>26662167
you sick fuck
>>
>>26661677
Gross.
>>
>>26654082
I believe each generation is good except 6 because it's mediocre. I also thin Ohmura is total garbage.
>>
>>26662184
Diamond was the first game I coherently played through, and ruby after that
>>
Gen 4 has had the best post game.
>multiple places to battle blindly
>Ton of shit to explore
>plently of pokemon
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 292x412) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 292x412
>>26654082
>Ohmura > Sugimori

ehhhhhhh, kinda. I think Ohmura certainly draws humans better but when it comes to Pokemon....its 50/50.
>>
>>26654179
>Lower frame rate
>Muh zinnia is a Jew meme
>PokƩmon was difficult meme

Is this literal bait?
>>
>>26654321
>I remember losing to Wallace with one pokemon left to beat and how fun that was.
>losing
>fun

Hoennbabies confirmed cucks
>>
File: 1465114663234.jpg (75 KB, 750x423) Image search: [Google]
1465114663234.jpg
75 KB, 750x423
>>26661999
>Duck Tales
>>
File: Bob2.jpg (65 KB, 782x573) Image search: [Google]
Bob2.jpg
65 KB, 782x573
>>26662447
>Bakugan
>>
>>26662372
It has a lower framerate. What's not to understand?
>everything I disagree with is a meme

Well that explains it.

>>26660327
Even then, that's not enough. Kim Possible should be the biggest Mary Sue around but works, because it's executed well. The traits a character has is less important than the context around them.

>>26660972
I agree with all of this. A shame these are unpopular. Wait, DP were shit. But besides that I mean.

>>26661262
You're doing the same thing my guy. Thread derailed

>>26662422
Losing didnt bother me because the battle was fun
>>
File: 1385773234754.gif (96 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
1385773234754.gif
96 KB, 355x355
Gen VI is my favorite generation and XY are my favorite Pokemon games. I love pretty much all the new additions that these games brought and I feel like /vp/ is just full of contrarians because the games were very well received practically everywhere outside of this board. Gen VI is the most fun I've had with Pokemon since Gen II and I'm expecting Gen VII to be even better.
>>
File: 1463336895256.png (274 KB, 420x372) Image search: [Google]
1463336895256.png
274 KB, 420x372
>>26662480
>Cyberchase
>>
>>26662666
>Chowder
>>
File: LL.jpg (168 KB, 1500x1179) Image search: [Google]
LL.jpg
168 KB, 1500x1179
>>26662666
>bobobobobobobo

fuckin checked
>>
File: 1449577418555.gif (579 KB, 540x300) Image search: [Google]
1449577418555.gif
579 KB, 540x300
>>26662709
>Samurai Champloo
>>
File: giphy.gif (992 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
992 KB, 500x500
>>26662716
>Attack on Titan
>>
File: 1464675477363.gif (82 KB, 500x326) Image search: [Google]
1464675477363.gif
82 KB, 500x326
>>26662727
>Gundam
>>
>>26662780
>Kill la Kill
>>
File: 542.gif (2 MB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
542.gif
2 MB, 500x282
>>26662814
>heeman
>>
File: 1458690469316.gif (1023 KB, 486x281) Image search: [Google]
1458690469316.gif
1023 KB, 486x281
>>26662859
>Highschool DxD
>>
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10 KB, 259x194
>>26662859
>Bible Black
>>
File: tumblr_ntov3fACTV1twyezqo1_500.gif (951 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntov3fACTV1twyezqo1_500.gif
951 KB, 500x281
>>26662879
>>26662880
>Airgear
>>
File: 1459618700673.jpg (134 KB, 1024x512) Image search: [Google]
1459618700673.jpg
134 KB, 1024x512
>>26662922
>rurouni kenshin
>>
File: bestgirl.jpg (102 KB, 903x515) Image search: [Google]
bestgirl.jpg
102 KB, 903x515
>>26662986
>Donald Trump
>>
>>26662986
Ronin Warriors
>>
File: 1451959506951.png (142 KB, 355x336) Image search: [Google]
1451959506951.png
142 KB, 355x336
>>26663007
>Ganondorf
>>
File: mark-henry-Wallpaper-face.jpg (139 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mark-henry-Wallpaper-face.jpg
139 KB, 1280x720
>>26663041
>Hal 9000
>>
File: 1438963553870.png (301 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
1438963553870.png
301 KB, 500x380
>>26663066
>Kimbo Slice
>>
File: 12313461.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
12313461.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>26663111
>Checked Montgomery Burns
>>
Why the actual fuck do people want the battle frontier so badly? Yeah, it's more creative than the maison. But when you get right down to it, all you guys want for the most part is challenging battles, and the maison pretty much provides.
>>
File: tumblr_mkug4xn40H1s93fs0o6_1280.jpg (176 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mkug4xn40H1s93fs0o6_1280.jpg
176 KB, 960x720
>>26663152
>Sailor Moon
>>
File: 1462970663373.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
1462970663373.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>>26663259
>Attack on Titan
>>
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 275x183
>>26663372
>Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice
>>
File: f89.png (78 KB, 1116x726) Image search: [Google]
f89.png
78 KB, 1116x726
>>26663414
>Overwatch
>>
This thread has been officially derailed.
>>
File: KQIII1-620x.jpg (34 KB, 620x388) Image search: [Google]
KQIII1-620x.jpg
34 KB, 620x388
>>26663428
>Vector Man
>>
File: grirch.jpg (19 KB, 459x347) Image search: [Google]
grirch.jpg
19 KB, 459x347
>>26663451
>Monkey Island
>>
File: image.jpg (112 KB, 533x471) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112 KB, 533x471
>>26654588
>Swampert
YOU TAKE THAT BACK
>>
File: 1444693121682.jpg (27 KB, 228x331) Image search: [Google]
1444693121682.jpg
27 KB, 228x331
>>26663451
>Berenstain Bears
>>
File: giphy.gif (883 KB, 480x200) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
883 KB, 480x200
>>26663473
>Beetle Borgs
>>
File: 1465346954128.jpg (306 KB, 1000x1135) Image search: [Google]
1465346954128.jpg
306 KB, 1000x1135
>>26663218
If that was the case people wouldnt want the Frontier. It's literally a facility with the Maison+ more

>>26663463
>shrek
>>
File: 1422019767377.png (41 KB, 805x688) Image search: [Google]
1422019767377.png
41 KB, 805x688
>>26663480
>Chicken Little

>>26663486
>Castle Town Dandelion
>>
File: tumblr_misv333Og11qj5ahqo1_500.gif (837 KB, 500x240) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_misv333Og11qj5ahqo1_500.gif
837 KB, 500x240
>>26663494
>Parks and Recreation
>>
File: 1402163725319.png (34 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1402163725319.png
34 KB, 640x640
>>26663523
>The Walking Dead
>>
File: upset transportation.png (738 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
upset transportation.png
738 KB, 720x576
>>26663538
>Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman
>>
File: 1416431330646.jpg (204 KB, 500x482) Image search: [Google]
1416431330646.jpg
204 KB, 500x482
>>26663218
>Why the actual fuck do people want the battle frontier so badly?
>it's more creative than the maison

You answered your own question.

I do want more challenging battles, but the Frontier provides more than challenging battles, it provides special battle types you can't get elsewhere in the game (not counting Battle Tents), or the entire main series for some facilities. There are no replacements for the Pike, or Arena, or Pyramid (besides PMD but the gameplay is still not fully identical). The Factory is only in Platinum and HGSS outside Emerald and the Dome kind of has a similarity in the PWT but with no "take 3 use 2" gimmick.

>>26663561
>Jay Jay The Jet Plane
>>
File: 1400365099905.jpg (30 KB, 427x390) Image search: [Google]
1400365099905.jpg
30 KB, 427x390
>>26663607
>Lumberjanes
>>
File: t.png (662 KB, 708x531) Image search: [Google]
t.png
662 KB, 708x531
>>26663628
>the Red Green show
>>
File: 1404946504335.gif (2 MB, 400x226) Image search: [Google]
1404946504335.gif
2 MB, 400x226
>>26663650
>Yu-Gi-Oh
>>
File: 6TKJYeS.gif (4 MB, 700x400) Image search: [Google]
6TKJYeS.gif
4 MB, 700x400
>>26663669
>Seikon no Qwaser
>>
>>26663669
Kuroinu: Kedakaki Seijo wa Hakudaku ni Somaru
>>
File: 74OrhZa.gif (211 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
74OrhZa.gif
211 KB, 500x281
>>26663701
>Tenchi in Tokyo
>>
File: 1457393885866.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1457393885866.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
>>26662880
>Mad Father
>>
File: dangerous erotic equipment.jpg (23 KB, 425x318) Image search: [Google]
dangerous erotic equipment.jpg
23 KB, 425x318
>>26663891
>Legends of the Hidden Temple
>>
File: Mew2king.jpg (30 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Mew2king.jpg
30 KB, 600x450
>>26663782
>NO ME GUSTA
>>
File: James Russel III.jpg (152 KB, 675x380) Image search: [Google]
James Russel III.jpg
152 KB, 675x380
>>26663939
>Une baguette s'il vous plaƮt
>>
File: 1407641591736.gif (3 MB, 242x259) Image search: [Google]
1407641591736.gif
3 MB, 242x259
>>26663982
>Harambe
>>
Competitive training and battling is the absolute cancer of Pokemon
>>
>>26654082
Mystery Dungeon is a terrible dungeon crawler that lets plot get in the way of gameplay.

Pokken should've been a pure 3D fighter. That 2D transitioning bullshit just ruins the pacing.

Edgy hacks like Reborn and Snakewood are more fun than vanilla hacks that just ramp up the difficulty.

I like the idea of future gens having less and less new pokemon.

Instead of making new pokemon just for the hell of it, they should overhaul pre-existing pokemon with alternate forms and reasonably redistributed stats.

I'm not saying they should make a new region with no new mons, but I wouldn't mind if Alola only had 50 new mons. So long as we're not stuck with 10 of those 50 being legendaries.

ORAS was so bad that it made me appreciate Kalos more.
>>
>>26660323
Those things are not mutually exclusive.
>>
File: emeraldoras.png (142 KB, 1400x665) Image search: [Google]
emeraldoras.png
142 KB, 1400x665
>>26658297
Yes, that is the only reason Emerald is harder.
>>
>>26654082
Battle Frontier, Battle Facility and all those similar features are awful. The only one I remember sort of enjoying is the Battle Subway, but even then I wasn't particularly excited by it. The fact that there's no real reward coming from it unless you want an item from the BP shops makes me not care for them at all.

Pretty much anything from the main game that tries to emulate competitive play is shitty. If I want to play competitively, then I'm playing online with real people.
>>
>>26663041
>>26662666
>>26663561
>>26663939
>>26663982
the best ones
>>
>>26665459
You're trying to tell me you don't wants postgame? Or anything to do without wifi? What happens when wifi kicks the bucket?
>>
So far, HG & SS are the absolute pinnacle of the pokemon series. They are the closest to perfect that a pokemon game has ever come. HGSS are the best pokemon games hands down.
>>
>>26665507
>What is exploring the region
>What is Looker missions
>What is catching them all
>What is fucking resetting the game
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 89

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.