[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I get Alpha Sapphire?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 511x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 511x288
So SuMo will be out in Nov, but I haven't played AS/OR yet. Is it worth it, or will it just make SuMo boring when that comes round?

Also anyone who loves HGSS, how does ASOR compare as a remake?
>>
Not worth. Not even comparable to HG/SS. Just wait for S/M.
>>
>>26653726
get omega ruby for Latios, baby.
>>
File: image.png (721 KB, 389x500) Image search: [Google]
image.png
721 KB, 389x500
>SuMo
>AS/OR
>>
Ok, it's ORAS you contrarian.
Second, yes I would buy it and play it if you're looking for something to tide you over until SuMo. Is it better than the original? No. Is it good for a remake? No, plenty of flaws, but if you want to relive RSE era and you want to play in the current meta then ORAS is your best bet. Might as well play the last game SuMo will be compatible with to transfer between. Compared to X/Y it's amazing though.
>>
>>26653726
Its great, it has rewritten the story of RS, it has improved features like Secret Bases (which can be super useful), contests (which are much nicer this time around). It also includes some brand new neat features like Soaring which allows you to catch almost all standard legends from generartions 2, 3, 4 and 5 and visit many "mirage spots" which hold many pokemon from other regions. DexNav is anew feature where you can track down pokemon and find some with very rare moves and abilities. The region has some extra lore about it. The post game mission is super cool even if not very long.

Its a very solid game.
>>
Just get ORAS, they're fine as R/S remakes. And even though it's nothing but a glorified fetch quest, the Delta episode has its moments.

Also updated Secret bases to where you could literally create your own gym, with puzzles/traps. I recall there being one guy who always posted in the Secret Base threads who made mini Trick House based puzzles in his base which were fucking awesome.
>>
>>26653726
>SuMo
>AS/OR
I'm surprised you didn't also say SS/HG.
>>
Its great ignore haters.
I mean its a massive letdown considering what they did to it, but it's still a good game
>>
>>26653976
This. Regret buying it cuz it's pretty shit besides Soar and nostalgia.
>>
Not at full price, but I'd recommend it. I've been doing a runthrough recently after stopping after the 6th gym and it's nothing special, but it's comparable to XY, so about mediocre.

Still sad they didn't just remake them with Emerald elements. Emerald was actually really good.
>>
File: 1458599058406.jpg (90 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
1458599058406.jpg
90 KB, 500x492
>>26653726
>>
>>26653726
My favorite pokemon game was emerald. And the oras remakes are nothing like hgss. the story has been altered to fit in their new meme feature megas. You are hand held through all of it and i dont mean the exp share. Breden always revives your pokemon and teleports you to your next location so you dont have to walk tooo far. Latios/latias is just give to you for free. You dont have to do anything you just get it. And i know you dont have to use it but its the point of these use to only be acheivable after the e4 and you get it before the 6th gym just so you can soar above hoenn and see how much empty space there is.
Besides this shit the characters are better. Team leaders have more personality along with their teams.
Game corner is removed, batttle front and battle front tents are gone. They, for whatever fucking reason, decided to actually copy the RS gym leader pokemon over E gym leaders who were much harder.
The only thing the game is worth for is its shiny hunting. and egg hatching. any other aspect is gone. Even secret bases feel like shit.
I cant wait for DP remakes where teh story is altered to team galactic trying to get their hands on mega stones for palkia and being handed a lake legendary for being super nice and helping out people.
>>
>>26653726
If you really want to play it then pirate. That game is pure disappintment.

>SuMo

Don't.
>>
File: 1437020015509.jpg (42 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1437020015509.jpg
42 KB, 625x626
>>26653726
>SuMo
>ASOR
>>
>>26653726
Does anyone have the full ver of this pic?
>>
>>26653726
>ASOR
>SuMo

guaranteedreplies.jpg
>>
>SuMo
if any faggot is still saying this by release I'm going to be mad
>>
>>26657215
You don't get the eon flute until after the Kyogre/Groudon battle you pessimist.
>>
I really enjoyed the main campaign, soaring and using the dexnav. Lack of post game sucks, but I feel I got my money's worth.
>>
>>26653726
It's a great game compared to XY, so definitely yes.
>>
>>26657215
>Latios/latias is just give to you for free.
XY gives you a fucking Ubers Pokemon with Adaptability and GREAT moves (unlike Latios/Latias). Also better typing. Your point?
>>
>>26653726
Not all full price. I got mine for 22 at Target when it was on sale.
>>
>>26653726
It's super fun. The story has some refreshing tweeks and they added a ton of stuff to do. AS and Y got me back into Pokemon after I had quit for 5 years. Definitely pick it up
>>
>>26657366
When you have friends that are into BDSM, it's hard to use SM when you mean Pokemon
>>
>>26657578

Maybe you should try having friends that aren't degenerates.
>>
>SuMo
Triggered
>>
If you don't at least have XY then you're missing out on a year's worth of free event pokemon.
>>
>>26657464
XY is shit too. I dont care if they are good competitively or not I hate that gamefreaks new design idea is to just throw around legendaries that are suppose to be elusive.
Placing bets that in Sun/Moon Suicune joins your team with out you even needing to battle it.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.