[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>GF gave it a type combination with many weaknesses >They
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: lunala.png (154 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
lunala.png
154 KB, 500x500
>GF gave it a type combination with many weaknesses
>They also gave it a defensive ability

I'm scared. I've got the feeling that Lunala will either be a fast special attacker with a somewhat useless ability (for its role), or a pokemon with tanky stats that I can't take advantage of because of its many weaknesses.
>>
>>26651204
It doesn't have many weaknesses--it has two. It just so happens they're both 4x weaknesses. It also has two resistances and two immunities.
>>
Do you think there's any chance the new legendaries' abilities have additional properties they haven't revealed yet? Would be weird for them to be literal renamed existing abilities...
>>
>>26651204
to be fair, it only has two weaknesses, it just so happens that those weaknesses are 4x effective. That sucks, but it's ability totally mitigates the effect of it, and will probably let it tank a 4x effective move and then deal with whoever threw it at it with a dark or fairy type move.
>>
>>26651204
>a fast special attacker with a somewhat useless ability (for its role)
That's not how that works though. That's like saying intimidate is useless on Salamence.

Defensive abilities you don't have to invest into while being an offensive presence are the best. It ensure you can setup and sweep while your opponent can't kill you.
>>
>>26651238
It's not unheard of. Rayquaza had Cloud Nine. Zekrom and Reshiram had Moldbreaker.
>>
>>26651238
They did that in gen V, it wouldn't be weird at all.
>>
>>26651238
>Would be weird for them to be literal renamed existing abilities...
That wouldn't be even slightly weird. Like half the major legendaries from Gens 1-4 just had pressure. Gen 5's legendaries both had Mold Breaker, but each had an entirely different name for it.

Gen 3 and 6 were the only times we've ever gotten where the legendaries got interesting or unique abilities. And Gen 3 was the gen that introduced abilities to begin with.
>>
It seriously doesn't look like the kind of Pokémon to have high defenses, I'm guessing it will have a ton of special attack and pretty good speed, kinda like Gengar.
>>
what if she gets Quiver Dance?
>>
>>26651339
Quiver Dance
Roost
Gourgeist Beam
Moonblast

I like it.
>>
>>26651204
They gave it that ability because they know it's a frail type combo. They also gave the event Hoopa a focus sash.

Relax. Lunala is a batmon. It will be fast.
>>
>>26651204
Who cares? Only children actually use legendarys. They're just for show.
>>
>>26651339
Why would a bat get butterfly dance?
>>
>>26651547
Lilligant gets it.
>>
>>26651557
And half of the moves it learns are dance-themed. Does Lunala look like a dancer to you?
>>
>>26651255
This. It's exactly why Dragonite is OU right now, and why roost Lugia is ridiculously good in Ubers. Multiscale is a phenomenal ability.
>>
>>26651204
It'll have these:
>U turn
>Willowisp
>Moonblast
>Calm mind
>Moonlight

It 'might' get these:
>Nasty plot
>Glare
>Ice beam/Ice moves
>Thunderbolt/Electric moves
>Roost

Don't panic much, between wisp, u turn and recovery it has a defensive niche. Between moongeist beam, moonblast and setup it has an offensive one.

Good shit.
>>
>>26651687
>>26651404
I can guarantee it won't learn Roost.
>>
>>26651702
Literally everything with wings can learn roost besides fucking Mantine
>>
>>26651702
Just like dunsparce
>>
>>26651204
It just needs a boosting move to take advantage of the ability. Weakness policy + whatever
>>
>>26651547
dancing with the stars, friend.
>>
>faster than gengar
>stronger than gengar
>100+ BP ghost move
Lunaala won't be OU even if it's 0% usage in Ubers.
>>
>>26651702
How about crabhammer?
>>
>>26651961
based anon asking the important questions
>>
>Lunaala won't be shit it has multiscale!
>Dragonite is good and has Multiscale therefore Lunaala will be good too!
>neglecting that powerful ice types like Weavile and Mamoswine can KO Dragonite through multscale with their STAB moves
>neglecting that Dragonite is fortunate enough most ice type moves it will encounter are hidden power or non-STAB ice punch
>neglecting Lunaala has a 4x dark and ghost weakness in a tier with some of the most powerful dark and ghost pokemon in the game, as well as the ubiquity of knock off
>>
>>26651204
That ability is actually really useful for getting a Nasty Plot off if he gets it.
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 241x403) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 241x403
>>26652028
Well, gee anon you sure do make a good argument. I guess Ho-Oh should drop to OU since its weak to Stealth Rocks!. While we're at it, we should drop Hoopa U back down too because U-turn is WAY too common in OU for it to be useful! What about those shitmons Landorus-I, Mega Salamence, and Shaymin Sky? They can't take Icy Wind for shit! Better drop them too!
>>
>>26652096
I didn't say Lunaala would be OU, see >>26651906 for the obvious reason why, just that its flaws are crippling enough it won't be good in ubers.
>>
>>26651702
OK, then Recover.
>>
>>26652096
cant actually compare that to how many tiomes you encounter ghost ball/dark pulse/cock off vs u turn
>>
>>26652028
A 100 BP ghost move without some memey drawback is enough to keep this thing out of OU.
This is a hard fact. OU cannot deal with hard ghost stab right now.
>>
>>26652096
The problem isn't whether or not it's good enough to be banned (unless it seriously is Black Kyurem-level blegh). It's whether or not once in Ubers it'll be Reshiram-tier shit.
>>
Lemme send this thing into UU
>steel gets its ghost resist back
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.