[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it just me, or was third gen = worst gen? >night and day
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 12
File: 3rd gen.jpg (20 KB, 320x158) Image search: [Google]
3rd gen.jpg
20 KB, 320x158
Is it just me, or was third gen = worst gen?

>night and day were gone
>too much water, so many wingulls
>routes were all-around kinda meh
>all around some of the worst pokemon designs
>beginning of the oversaturation of legendaries
>nothing really notable other than Battle Frontier
>just felt like a step-back from Gen 2
>>
Just you.

5th gen was clearly the worst gen.
>>
>>26649957
This
>>
>>26649938
>was third gen equals worst gen
What the fuck
>>
hang yourself
>meh routes
roue 113 is one of the fucking best
plus the ost is great, it may not be the best but it's not the worst that's for sure.
>>
>>26649938
The routes were better than the previous two gens. Kanto's routes were just a bunch of nothing with as many trainers jammed into them as possible, while Johto's routes were tiny areas with a shit load of ledges so you had to go through them several times.
That was gen 2, 3 just continued the trend.
It was also the first gen with a good UI and other quality of life improvements like running shoes, sure doesn't seem like a step back to me.
>>
They were definitely a step back in many aspects. But, the games improved graphically and the battle mechanics were also improved. Emerald certainly shows off the latter improvements with the Battle Frontier.
>>
>>26649938
>night and day were gone
This was the worst, unforgivable.
Water and the abundance of water types was literally the best thing about these shitty games, but I see what you mean.
There were a few that were good, but yes.
I'd say it's above Kalos, but yes.
Indeed, though I don't mind.
Indeed.
Indeed.

IMO, it's above gen 1 and 6, but that's it. 2, 4 and 5 are leagues above it.
>>
>>26649957
This, Unovabortions are the most delusional people on this board. The only good about gen 5 is the story (which doesn't even matter in pokemon).
>>
File: CaXn2xBUcAAIpT3.jpg (16 KB, 438x455) Image search: [Google]
CaXn2xBUcAAIpT3.jpg
16 KB, 438x455
>>26649938
Gen 3 added stuff like natures, island encounter events and had an excellent pokedex. I feel like every gen was good except 6. 6 Was just super fucking mediocre to me, but had some neat pokemon.
>>
Agreed, it's no where near the level of gen 2 or 5.
>>
>>26649938
It's just you
The objective worst gen is gen 5
>>
>>26650257
Saying anything is above gen 1 is really fucking redundant. Of course everything will be, they're the first fucking games.
>>
>>26650492
You're crazy.
>>
>>26649938
Just you.

5th gen was clearly the worst gen.
>>
>>26650494
OK?
Does that make Hoenn any less shit?
>>
>>26650400
5th gens story wasn't even good.
>>
Gen3 had an actual endgame (have fun with the Elite Four in Gen2 that are weaker than in Gen1, plus one or two daily events lel)

Meanwhile in Gen3 you had contests with berry blending, trainer stars on your card, Frontier in Emerald and all these games in one gen, Colosseum and XD too.

What did Gen2 have? Nah nigger, nah.
>>
>>26649938
>night and day were gone
What is it about a daytime cycle that people like?
>>
>>26649957
>>26649963
>>26650013
>>26650086
>>26650400
>>26650492
>>26650511
>>26650523
>>26650536
Hoennshitters, kill yourselves.
>>
>>26650536
>What did Gen2 have?
16 gyms and the best battle of any game with Red, also battle tower.
>>
>>26650536
>What did gen2 have?
A good remake.
>>
>>26650536
>What did gen2 have?
A day/night cycle!
>>
>night and day were gone
features that just make the game look shitty half the time like times of day and seasons are overrated, especially when gen 2 was the only time they really did anything with it
water routes did nothing wrong and led to some great water cities
COMPLETELY false there are some fantastic routes
disagree but that is pretty subjective and you're welcome to think so
yeah though not as bad as gen 4
?
only really in terms of gym amount
>>
>>26650568
Back to johto you nostalgia fag

blind to the flaws of your shitty game. go have fun beating Team Rocket, a team with no real boss that just disappears after the Radio Tower in an anti climax. Mm yeah that was some good shit, great game faggot
>>
>>26650627
>making the world feel more alive is overrated
>I like how dead Hoenn is!
Just stop posting, I bet you hate following Pokémon too.
I don't expect anything good from Hoennshitters anyway.
>>
File: image.png (77 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
77 KB, 640x1136
>ITT another episode of "Hoenniggers sperging over 5th Gen after getting rightfully bodied"
>>
>>26650653
who are you quoting?
>>
>>26650661
They sperg over any gen that people like that isn't Hoenn, they are complete drones that are incapable of liking multiple regions.
>>
File: my swamp.jpg (36 KB, 618x673) Image search: [Google]
my swamp.jpg
36 KB, 618x673
>>26650661
>tfw i liked gen 3 and 5 but apparently when you say anything good about a gen you belong to a camp of [region][insult]s
>>
>>26649938
I just recently got copy's of ruby, sapphire and leaf green in the mail and after playing ORAS for so long, RSE just hurts my eyes and feels primitive.
FRLG on the other hand, easily some of the best games in the series.
The Sprite tile set they used in RSE was fucking horrendous, FRLG's Sprite work however was so fucking cosy and tasteful.
>>
>>26650692
Well, that's fine, but as you can see, a large amount of posts in this thread aren't just that, but people shitting on another gen as well. It wouldn't be a recognized problem if there were more anons like you.
>>
>>26650568
>Hoennshitters
No, they're Sinnohfetuses.
Get it right anon.
>>
>hoennshits hate gen5fags
>gen5fags hate hoennshits
you dont see this happen with another gens, so why the hate between the two?
>>
How can people even say the "routes were kinda meh", when before Gen 3 every fucking route had been some variation of a plain / forest / cave / ocean with the same trees, rocks and tiles?

This was the gen were we got a freaking volcano, desert, underwater exploration, a route with heavy rain, secret ruins... this is revisionism at its worst. At the time it was incredible and completely new.
>>
>>26650746
>freaking
Post disregarded.
Please get some better bait.
>>
>>26650735
>you dont see this happen with another gens

Unovabortions constantly shit on Gen 6 in hope it'll make their gen look better
>>
>>26650735
Hoenniggers were exposed by ORAS and are trying to divert the hate into Gen 5
>>
>>26650828
Gen6 IS shit
>>
>>26650735
I don't know. It's sad because while Gen 3 is my favorite Gen, Gen 5 is my second favorite.
>>
>>26650842
Still better than gen 5
>>
Unova had:

>The worst battle UI of any pokemon game
>Rotating sprites that somehow manage too look as bad as gen 1
>The worst pokemon designs in the series (seriously just compare the legendaries of gen 5 to any other gen)
>The most linear progression of any pokemon game bar gen 6
>Uninteresting music, outside of a few tracks like "emotion"
>useless implementation of seasons
>Boring ass weather war metagame
>the worst anime series
>A cringey fanfiction tier plot that tried too hard to make us think about human/pokemon relations

B-but at least we didnt have to use HMs, right guise?
>inb4 hoennbaby
My favorite gen is my first one, gen 2.
>>
>>26649938
>night and day gone
Agree that this sucked, but there was little impact on the actual gameplay, I think it only affected Espeon and Umbreon. It was a letdown though, I agree.
>too much water
I didn't feel this way until Pacifidlog but it did get tedious that all the big water routes were at the end one after another. Maybe if they spaced it out better.
>routes were meh
Disagree, I liked a lot of the routes, especially the ones around Fortree.
>bad pokemon designs
I disagree, but I think all gens have hits and misses, I don't think of one gen as having the "worst" designs.
>Oversaturation of legendaries
I don't think this happened until gen 4. Gen 3 wasn't too many IMO, I actually think it was a good balance. A trio of box legends, some version exclusive roamers, a "secret" trio to find, and only 2 event pokemon. I think it's the best in the series as far as legendary "balance" is concerned.
>muh battle frontier
There was more notable stuff in gen 3, don't bait like this.
>step back
I don't think it's a step back exactly, BUT it was the first gen that actually removed features from the previous gen, which, unfortunately, has been a trend ever since.
>>
File: image.jpg (132 KB, 754x1030) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132 KB, 754x1030
>>26650942
Thanks for disrcrediting your own opinion, nostalgic Johtoddler. Keep in mind everything you said is either a meme, irrelevant, a nitpick which can't discredit and entire gen, or just your own abysmal autism and ignorance.
>>
>>26650942
>>The worst pokemon designs in the series (seriously just compare the legendaries of gen 5 to any other gen)

There are more good Pokémon designs just in the bug type in Gen 5 than in the entire Hoenn Dex
>>
File: uhINHV9[1].gif (2 MB, 432x319) Image search: [Google]
uhINHV9[1].gif
2 MB, 432x319
>>26650942
>My favorite gen is my first one, gen 2.

aka your a nostalgia fag johtobabby
>>
>>26649938
Nah it's just you. My only problem is that the battle animations were shit compared to other stuff on the GBA at the time. Just look at stuff like SRW J

Otherwise, easily the best region
>>
>>26650955
I liked the legendary balance as well. In particular, I liked how the Regis were essentially their own mystery. You were told they were sealed away for reasons, and that they were the seals to something greater, and that was only if you actually decoded the messages. I liked the unanswered questions, and it made me excited to use them, like I was playing with fire or something. I like Regigigas, don't get me wrong, but the reveal that HE was the big secret was pretty underwhelming.
>>
File: Trío_de_las_nubes.png (81 KB, 350x200) Image search: [Google]
Trío_de_las_nubes.png
81 KB, 350x200
>>26650976
The bugs in gen 5 are actually the only things with good design.

Look at this shit, you faggot. Do these look like pokemon to you? Or some garbage yokai watch shit? Dont make me point out the fucking pony
>>
>>26650942
>>The worst battle UI of any pokemon game
Not even close
>>Rotating sprites that somehow manage too look as bad as gen 1
Only when from your side
>>The worst pokemon designs in the series
yeah, but there were also a lot of good ones
>>The most linear progression of any pokemon game bar gen 6
>implying Kalos was more linear than Unova
>>Uninteresting music, outside of a few tracks like "emotion"
>picking one of the worst and most hammy tracks as a standout
>>useless implementation of seasons
True
>>Boring ass weather war metagame
True
>>the worst anime series
Maybe, I don't watch the show anymore
>>A cringey fanfiction tier plot that tried too hard to make us think about human/pokemon relations
Yeah, dunno what it is with JRPGs and incompetent narratives
>>
>>26651058
What is the point of this post? Do you think anyone defends genies?
>>
>>26651058
Better than Blaziken and Gardevoir at least.
>>
>>26650942
/thread
>>
>>26650955
>it was the first gen that actually removed features from the previous gen
No, that was gen 2, which removed the safari zone.
>>
File: youkai_watch_10.jpg (3 MB, 3685x2400) Image search: [Google]
youkai_watch_10.jpg
3 MB, 3685x2400
>>26649938
>>26650942
>>26651058
>shitting on pokemon designs
A reminder to get a load of this and be grateful for what you have
>>
Gen 2 best gen for facing what was essentially yourself from the last gen at the very end of the game. Hella dramatic. Much childhood trauma.

Gen 3 just couldn't match up to the feel of that. It's forced to live in the literary shadow of that moment, so it can't feel as good, even with all the awesome stuff it introduced, natures, abilities, etc.

Says a lot for game design actually.
>>
>>26649938
No, but it has aged very poorly. Understand, the basics established here are the very same that Pokemon runs on to this day. There has been a rule tweak here and there, but Pokemon as we know it was birthed here. These games were mind-blowing when they came out.
>>
>>26651166
I prefer this than my moms dog herdier and whatever the fuck watchog is. At least these little guys have character, unlike most of the unovadex
>>
File: 1463685036594.png (174 KB, 800x714) Image search: [Google]
1463685036594.png
174 KB, 800x714
Unovabortions getting blown the fuck out in this thread holy shit
I mean they were getting annoying with their bullshit but I didn't think that deserves such utter destruction haha christ
>>
>>26649957
as a general 2 loyalist and gen 1 was first game, this.

I could force myself to finish gen 5
>>
Why do Hoenn fans shitpost so much?
I'm genuinely curious.
>>
>there are people on this board right now that legitimately don't like every gen
Disgusting.
>>
>>26651373
Most of them didn't like their remake because no battle frontier, so when they got constantly called out for being annoying faggots after OR/AS came out, they tried deflecting onto another group that barely existed so they wouldn't be the retards of the board.

And it worked.
>>
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 719x565) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 719x565
>>26651294
>this whole post
Jesus, talk about pathetic. Nobody is getting blown out but the two deluded Hoennsamefags.
>>
File: genwar_bingo.jpg (339 KB, 777x922) Image search: [Google]
genwar_bingo.jpg
339 KB, 777x922
>>
File: image.gif (892 KB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
892 KB, 500x269
>>26651424
This times a thousand. Hoennfags are just desperate for attention. They need everything to revolve around them.
>>
>>26651369
What?
>>
>>26649969
>was third gen equal to worst gen
fuck I hate summer
>>
>It's a genwar that doesn't really involve Gen 1 or Gen 6
Thank god.
>>
>>26651142
Literally broke the game. It was for bug fixing, people are still finding ways to break the game with it
>>
>>26649938
So many fucking samefags here
>>
>>26650828
People criticize gen 6 by comparing it to the game before it,
> wow they're just bashing X and Y to make their game look bad
>>
I like all regions, and don't see a need for Genwar threads
>>
>Best Gameplay
>Best Map
>Best Atmosphere
>Best Story/Villains
>Best Pokemon
>Best Legendaries
>Best Postgame

Post them. I genuinely want to see opinions beyond just "X is shit". Really curious.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.