[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So are we supposed to be getting z next year once they figure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 4
File: Screenshot_2016-06-07-17-55-05.png (918 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-07-17-55-05.png
918 KB, 1440x2560
So are we supposed to be getting z next year once they figure out what all of these forms are supposed to manifest in the anime? When can we expect the 100% form to start breaking the OU tier?
>>
>>26648611
>STILL expecting Z
>>
We'll likely just get a side story in Sun and Moon for the Zygarde stuff
>>
Is there any hope for green doggo?

Could they treat z like rotom and have a place to change forms?
>>
>>26648611
Gamefreak has been trying to break patterns since gen 5 when they skipped the 3rd version to make sequels instead.

I simply assume their pattern break this time around is to either tie in the Zygarde story into SM, or for the first time have the 3rd version be part of another gen.
>>
>>26648699
>>26648810
They are going to expand on the middle ground legendary of x and y in sun and moon?

It looks like zygarde 100% has a huge tie in to the other two x and y legendaries going off his arms. How will that work in a completely different region?
>>
>>26648611
I think at some point they were planning on doing Z and created this story around Zygarde and its forms and communicated that with the Anime team. At some point they thought it was probably better to skip Z and take these Zygarde ideas and implement into SM but still let the anime use the ideas otherwise they wouldn't have anything to work with. Seeing how all the Zygarde formes have been appearing in other media and have official merchandise such as plushies and appear in a lot of marketing I think it's safe to say they'll be appearing in SM.

Maybe it the beginning you get Zygarde Core and the more you travel, the more Cells you discover and if you met an x amount of cells you can transform it into 10%, later 50% etc.
>>
>>26648853
Well according to the anime there are two different Zygarde's the one with a red hexagon like you see in the image and another with a blue hexagon who is currently under the command of Team Flare, both being able to turn into 50% (the Zygarde we all know) simultaneously. And I know that the anime isn't canon, but considering the anime is currently the only place where the forms ARE canon it's the only way we have of actually seeing what the forms are capable of. So with the two Zygarde's basically being canon it could be highly possible that one protects the ecosystem of Kalos and the other the ecosystem of Alola, the Zygarde Cells maybe being scattered around the entire Pokemon world so either of them can change form wherever they are.

Also even if the forms aren't relevant to the plot or even a subplot of Sun and Moon it still is highly possible and even highly likely that the forms will still be included and we can change between the forms in some way.
>>
I'm still at a loss for how a feature like this can be put in the game.
>>
I'm just expecting Game Freak to put the forms in SM with no role in the story.
>>
>>26648611
Why would we get Z if it would be the third game of a gen that would already be finished?
>>
>>26649038
Because they like money and people would still buy it.
>>
>>26648876
>Maybe it the beginning you get Zygarde Core and the more you travel, the more Cells you discover and if you met an x amount of cells you can transform it into 10%, later 50% etc.
Oh, this would have been really sweet. Like maybe instead of Kanto starters Sycamore gives you Core, and then as you travel and do story events now they give you cells, then after certain points in the story you get enough cells to "evolve" into 10%, them again into 50%. Like a kind of story-locked evolution.
>>
>>26648853
They always put different legends in different regions, with the excuse that immigrants from the other region built a shrine to honor them or something. See: HGSS.

They can just say that the big tree on the western island was planted by AZ during his travels, and has ties to Kalos or something, and make it a shrine where Zygarde can be summoned and transformed or whatever. Being in a different region is totally meaningless to GF.
>>
>>26648611
What's that 4chan like notification you have there?
>>
File: anistarsundialtheory.jpg (25 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
anistarsundialtheory.jpg
25 KB, 480x360
>>26648853
Because we're going back to Kalos, baby.
>>
>>26649038
Because Masuda has said that he doesn't want the games to be predictable, he wants to surprise fans. What a better way to surprise us than to release a Z version in Gen 7? Honestly I don't think it'll happen but it would be an interesting little surprise to spring on us.
>>
>>26649136
That wouldn't be Gen 7, that'd be hopping between gens.
>>
>>26648611
>X/Y
gen6

>Sun/Moon
gen7

>Z
gen6

It doesn't make any sense, does it? There will be no Z. Also, we don't have a third version since Platinum. It's been seven years, let it go~
>>
>>26649112
I honestly think the sun dial is just another dropped story line
>>
>Pokemon Z will be the third version in generation VII in addition to being a sequel to XY
>>
>>26649112
Considering they'd have to remake Kalos to match the Gen 7 graphics, I doubt it.
>>
>>26649232
Implying Gen 7 graphics are sooooo different...
>>
>>26648810
They are not going to do that. As SM use brand new 3D engine with full sized models, Kalos is made in the old model and it wold take too much effort to redo the entire game for the new engine (and no, they aren't going to the old engine mid-gen)
>>
>>26648611
>Zygarde the defender of Kalos
>Alola
>>
>>26648876
>At some point they thought it was probably better to skip Z and take these Zygarde ideas and implement into SM

...or implement them into the anime. The anime IS Pokémon Z
>>
>>26648810
>Surprise pokefans! You get to revisit the region you literally just explored last gen! Same starters, same gym leaders, same pokemon! But with some new zygarde forms! Isn't that exciting?

no
>>
>>26648810
There are a lot of hints that it can tie into XY, but who knows.
I don't really care, I just want my cyber dog.
>>
>>26649265
The overworld graphics in Gen 7 are realistic unlike Gen 6. It's different, but I never said the difference is that major. It's just something I can't see them wasting time to do.
>>
>>26649474
>realistic
>Lillie has Swampert hands
They've made improvements but come on
>>
>>26649351
>implying that matters

How many times have we seen regional legendaries in other regions? Exactly.
>>
>>26648876
I've posted this in these threads before, and both times some idiot came out of nowhere and started listing off shit like the Strange Souvenir that "proved" Gamefreak never intended to make Z. I have no idea if it was the same guy or if there are just multiple idiots who somehow came to the same conclusion.

That said, I'm sure we'll get some of what was intended for Zygarde in SM, but it probably won't get the same focus it would have in Z.
>>
>>26649073
Make it exploration locked, not story locked. Have 100 items hidden around the region. You get 10 of them it can go to 10%, 50 of them to go to 50% and all of them to go to 100%.
>>
>>26649504
Still, the world has a completly different camera perspective and size. They would need to redo it all. They won't do that. Forget Kalos.
>>
>>26648810
>le BW2 wasnt a third version meme
>>
>>26649382
You did the exact same thing with GSC but those are really popular games, why exactly are you complaining?
>>
>>26649295
>As SM use brand new 3D engine
It's the same fucking engine, did even see the battles?

And it's not like gen VI didn't use full human character models either, they just appered only in certain situations.
>>
File: image.png (35 KB, 110x129) Image search: [Google]
image.png
35 KB, 110x129
>>26649800
>gamefreak redoes Kanto 4 (FOUR) generations in a row
>nuh-uh they can't redo Kalos, that's just impossible! Who cares that SM run on the same engine and shit
this fanbase i swear...
>>
It having 5 forms bothers me.
and the dog form makes no sense. it is out of place with the other forms.
>>
>>26649474
>The overworld graphics in Gen 7 are realistic unlike Gen 6.
L E L
E
L

This thread is quickly turning into a cringe thread
>>
>>26648611
>serebii
>>
>>26648611
>being a Smogon sheep
>>
>>26649351
Porygon wasn't called the first artificial Pokemon.

Wait... It was. Now Magearna exists. So Zygarde being said to be the defender of Kalos means nothing.
>>
>>26649351
>"Mega evolution is found only in the Kalos region!"
>nah just kidding it was in Hoenn the entire time
Zygarde can be in Alola.
>>
>>26649851
If BW2 is a third version then SM is a third version.
>>
>>26650622
Explain.
>>
File: ff6OZH6[1].gif (498 KB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
ff6OZH6[1].gif
498 KB, 500x200
stop trying to make Z happen, its not gonna happen
>>
>>26650686
>tumblr gif
>reddit filename
Holy shit this is hybrid cancer.
>>
>>26650622
It's about as much of a sequel as GSC was to RBY. It's partially compatible (what's stopping you from transferring one of the existing 721 from SM to XY through Bank?), but it's not a third version.
>>
>>26650640
Same engine. Third legendary focused on. New protags and towns.

>>26650787
Nope. Because GSC couldn't battle with RBY and it wasn't plot about a RBY legendary.
>>
>>26650742
the fact that by looking at an image and file name you can discern the 2 places it came from show that you welcome that cancer and frequently browse it. who are you trying to fool?
>>
>>26650811
Third legendary focused on? I don't see zygarde on either box...

The towns were still in unova though....
>>
>>26650811
>Implying same engine means anything.
>Implying S&M will focus on Zyggy
>Implying S&M can battle with X and Y
>>
>>26648611
>wanting yet another dragon/ground mon
>>
>>26650844
>Third legendary focused on? I don't see zygarde on either box...

still plot focused. it doesn't need to be on the box. Use your head.

new towns are new towns.

>>26650848
>implying it doesn't
>implying it won't
>implying they can't when there are 2 penta slots/zygarde moves/event mons leftover
>>
I would agree SM could be the sequel to XY lore-wise. With crossover characters, mythology, and Pokemon. For everyone replying to >>26648810, you don't need to include the actual Kalos region to tie them together.
>>
>>26650866
>implying it doesn't
It really doesn't.
GSC where on the same engine as RBY and they're very obviously different gens.
The one thing all new gens have in common is new starters.
>implying it won't
There really isn't anything to support this idea.
>implying they can't when there are 2 penta slots/zygarde moves/event mons leftover
These really don't mean anything either.
It's more likely the two remaining penta slots where meant for an X and Y 2 that where aborted for Sun and Moon.
>>
>>26650952
>It really doesn't.

yes it does. same engine means compatibility. GSC isn't the same engine because the mechanics are different.

>There really isn't anything to support this idea.
>HURR MUH ANIME EXCLUSIVE, I-IT'S JUST A COINCIDENCE THOSE COLORS ON ITS CHEST MATCH THE LOGOS GUYS
stay delusional.

>These really don't mean anything either.
Yes they do.
>b-but muh imaginary unused games!
They had SM planned since before XY was even out, retard. There was no canned Z, there was no canned X2 Y2. Why is it so hard for you faggots to accept SM are the last two?
>>
>>26650983
>I-IT'S JUST A COINCIDENCE THOSE COLORS ON ITS CHEST MATCH THE LOGOS GUYS
No. That's just basic design moving from blue to red.
>They had SM planned since before XY was even out, retard.
And they probably scrapped XY2 to focus on S and M

Again. The only solid indication of a new gen is new starters.
>>
>>26650983
>I-IT'S JUST A COINCIDENCE THOSE COLORS ON ITS CHEST MATCH THE LOGOS GUYS
Considering Red and Blue have been used for four out of seven gens, yes, it is a coincidence.
>>
Is this thread still gen 6.5 people
>>
Zycucks are insufferable.

Kill yourselves.
>>
>>26650983
>same engine means compatibility.
No. No it doesn't. The engine is the base that the game is built up from. For example, when someone makes an extensive romhack of RSE that adds shit like new typings and the Physical/Special split, it's still running on the RSE engine.

That's essentially what GSC: A very heavy modification of RBY. There are even text strings from RBY laying around in the code that they forgot to remove that prove the game is running on RBY's base code.
>>
The Zygarde forms were so ridiculous and terrible, I hope they remain anime only and it wouldn't be the first time.

Is there anything in the actual games that hints at Zygarde having different forms? I don't remember but if not then there's no need.
>>
>>26651709
I think the only evidence was that Zygarde looke jacked-up as fuck, similar to Kyurem before it. Kyurem had an absolutely unfinished look to it, and Zygarde was not dissimilar. It is entirely circumstantial evidence, mind.
>>
>>26651709
No. Only """"evidence"""" but zycucks and the 6.5fags and Ztards will grasp at any straw they can.
>>
Zyggy is dead and will most likely only show up as a sidequest/postgame event in SM.
>>
>>26651791
If that.

Implying GF won't just have some NPC who teaches the snake thousand waves/arrows and gives you an item or whatever to get complete form. Cell and Core and even pokémon from what the anime suggest. Zycucks will be lucky to get doge and mecha.
>>
>>26648611
At best we'll get a Z episode as Sun/Moon post game
>>
>>26648754
Doubt this would happen, considering Z's forms are based on quantity and not typing/stats. If anything, the locations where you could change Z's form would unlock as you go through the game, with more powerful forms becoming accessible as the game goes on.
>>
>>26648611
Is there any kind of chance that this being the second game of the new Pokemon revamp, that we will actually get two regions to explore in one game? Like silver and gold having kanto post Pokemon league??
>>
>>26651741
What about Thousand Waves and Thousand Arrows? Those attacks existing, if nothing else, suggests that they were intending to do more with Zygarde in the future (whether or not those plans were scrapped).
>>
>>26648611
Clearly that Marshadow stuff is a red herring, and Zygarde is actually going to be pulling double duty as legendary trio leader.
>Is basically a Captain Planet deal that keeps the Earth in order if it is ever threatened by coming together
>Part of X/Y trio as Life, Death, Order
>Part of Sun/Moon trio as Sun, Moon, Earth
>Complete Form has him taking energy from each of them to fully form as the greatest pokemon on Earth, hence his chest having the colors from all 4 game boxes.
>>
>>26649382
I see you started in gen 3 or later.
>>
>>26649474
It's just gen 6 with the battle models and no overworld models.
>>
>>26650471
Except GF retconned it by saying ORAS and XY are in an alternate universe from the other games.
>>
>>26653712
Then it makes the possibility of Zygarde in Alola even bigger since the rules of XY and ORAS world wouldnt apply to another dimension

But hey people still forgetting how many times GF just completely shat on their own lore etc
>>
>>26648997
>I'm still at a loss for how a feature like this can be put in the game.

Dont worry, this is the same company that just presented a new Pokedex that merges with Rotom. Not to mention all past Pokemon with form changes

Im sure GF will find a way to make Zygarde forms work no problem
>>
>>26649073
How would the 100% form be implemented without being completely broken?
>>
>>26651709
>Is there anything in the actual games that hints at Zygarde having different forms?
The dex entry? It was obvious they had something planned for Zygarde since the very start.
>>
>>26654391
The entry talks, specifically, about kalos.
Delusional.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.