[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me >working as cashier for your local Safeway >wear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 12
File: a-clockwork-orange.jpg (100 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
a-clockwork-orange.jpg
100 KB, 1500x1500
>be me
>working as cashier for your local Safeway
>wear pin with my favorite Pokemon on my apron

"Hey there how we doing? You find everything okay?"

"oh yeah, hey haha I love your pin"

>oh great, let's see what kind of unrelatable fan you are

"Thanks, are you into..?"

"Yeah but..."

>only the original 150, of course, High Five Bruh
>[teenager] when I was a kid
>[a girl] not really but That's my favorite pikachu holy shit I thought this was just a meme
>I only play real games "do tell?" Aw you know, Halo, Battlefield, uummm.. Call of Duty

>guy covered in pokemon tattoos
"Nice ink, man, who's your favorite?"
>I just got these for my kids

ITT: Reasons you lost hope for finding fellow fans you actually want to associate with.
>>
>>26647526
>working as a grocery store cashier
so bruh you can't talk.
>>
Why tf post an image relating to clock work orange?
>>
at the liquor store and the clerk has a shirt with a mew on it

>nice shirt man
>yeah stopped caring after 150
>oh nice did you see they released r/b on 3ds
>awkward "cool"

walk out liquor store
>>
>>26647526
>Wearing pins
>Wearing pins with Pokémon on them
You're a pretty big reason.
>>
Unfortunately I haven't met very many people who genuinely enjoy pokemon. It's always more of a casual thing, where they played one game out of the series once. There was one time though, a friend of mine let me check out what Pokémon he had on his team. He didn't battle outside of the trainers in the game, but his starter was the only one he used and it was bogged down with HMs for all four moves. He couldn't understand why I was telling him that was absolutely retarded.
>>
>>26647526
>I just got these for my kids
That's kinda sweet.
>>
I should wear my pin at work
Thanks for the idea OP
>>
I've got a group of four friends (myself included) that all play Pokemon, dark souls, JRPG's, and Nintendo games. Only of
Us ever plays AAA games. Anyway, I'm thankful I've got three dedicated Friends to battle against every time a new one launches or whenever one of us is feeling a battle
>>
>Pikachu pin
Fuckin normie
>>
>>26647555
it's his first imageboard post, cut him some slack
>>
>>26647526
my bf likes pokemon

it's nice, we battle each other sometimes and we're hyped for SM

it's one of the upsides of being a degenerate I think
>>
>>26647526
What was the pin?
>>
>>26647965
one of the 150 pokemon. because according to OP story, no one would have recognized it as a pokemon.
>>
>>26647593
For you.
>>
>>26647699
It's not just any pikachu, it was probably the evil dark pikachu or the cool flying fire dragon pikachu
>>
>>26647588
>yeah stopped caring after 150
Why was he wearing a Mew shirt?
>>
Don't feel bad anon, I wouldn't want to hang out with you either

>unironically working as a grocery store clerk

LOL
>>
>>26647947
Same with my gf but she suckssss at battling me, great in game but so are children. Still nice, I'm getting moon, she sun, I'm getting rowlet, she litten. Gonna be sweet. And it is great sharing hype
>>
>>26648164
If I pull the pin off, will you die?
>>
>>26647526
>safeway
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>26647526
>>I just got these for my kids
Wow. That's some commitment.
>>
>>26650561
NW grocery store chain.
>>
>>26649577
Do you dislike eating?
Are you getting off your ass every day to plow/plant/water/harvest the fucking fields, anon?
No?

Someone has to sell you the food. Way to sound like an entitled 12-year-old.
>>
>>26653142
Oh yeah! Way to go! Pop me some boner!
>>
File: 1460513832107.jpg (25 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1460513832107.jpg
25 KB, 500x375
>>26653248
>pop me some boner
>>
>>26653248
underage
>>
File: 1464912937268.jpg (170 KB, 747x521) Image search: [Google]
1464912937268.jpg
170 KB, 747x521
>Select all images with grass

There's no grass. Anywhere.
>>
File: 1465186414867.jpg (27 KB, 323x343) Image search: [Google]
1465186414867.jpg
27 KB, 323x343
>>26653248
this is what summerfags do each and everytime
>>
>spotting pokemon fans in the wild

I was at a college bookstore where the cashier girl or somebody who worked there had that red/black fox pokemon as a plushie. This was a couple years back.
>>
>>26649552
Underfuckingrated post
>>
In my experience, the only pokemon fans easily spottable in the wild are the fucking weirdos that give Pokemon a bad name. Anyone who isn't one of those weirdos knows well enough to hide their power level when out and about.
>>
>at lunch meeting with people from another company
>chatting with another intern my age
>so anon, what do you do for fun?
>I watch a lot of anime in my free time
>AW DUDE! I LOVE DBZ1111
>proceed to nostalgia for ten minutes about Dragonball
>doesn't even know about Super, but I decide to test his power level anyway
>Are there any other anime that you liked as a kid? Did you watch One Piece?
>haha, what?
>Or did you ever watch Pokemon?
>Dude! Pokemon?! That's, like, not even an anime!!
And that was the end of that conversation
>>
>>26653802
To be fair, it was a mind-blowing experience when I first connected those two dots in my brain as well. I watched anime, and liked Pokemon, but didn't link the two until I was like, 17.

4Kids succeeded in its quest, I suppose. I never even questioned the Jelly Donuts.
>>
>>26647526
>play in pokemon TCG tourneys
>most people in the Masters divisions are bros with some high strung autismos scattered throughout that usually just make for a quiet game
>then you have the dads
>50% of the time they're cool and fun to be around, maybe 10 years older, sometimes a few cool grandpas in the mix
>the other 50%...
>"oh I'm just playing because my kid is here, I'm hoping he grows out of it."
>look at cards, it's all meta shit that costs money or investment in the tourney scene and smart trades to get
>"well might as well play the best cards if I'm going to be stuck here all weekend"
>usually end up being the people who timestall in game 2 if they won the first game or accuse you of timestall in the 1st or second game if you're ahead
>tend to interrupt the game with calling judges on basic rules like how abilities work and refute calls, usually well after calling about it is unwarranted (like in game 2 when the action they're calling on happened in game 1 unopposed)
>when game ends in a stalemate they're predominately the people who try to strong arm you into a coin flip to determine who gets the win, regardless of legality in the tourney
>"c'mon anon, at least one of us will have a chance at the top cut"
>insists on using their coin that isn't tourney legal most times
>wants to make top cut despite not being in the game out of enjoyment.

They straddle the line between defensive faggot about their interests (at a fucking pokemon tourney) and being a career player who is likely a monster to their children (I've witnessed a few incidents with parents that have been disgusting) in order to get them to win the most prizes and money while they're in an early easy age group with low skill and low attendance. It's like child pageantry bullshit, only pokemon.

As soon as I hear
>"I'm just playing because my son wanted to be here"
I prepare for a disappointing hour of games.
>>
Only happened twice

>in line to test out Smash 4 Wii U few years back
>kids all over got thier 3DS's out
>kid a couple people ahead bragging about his OP Cloyster
>"Hey man I've got Y version, let's battle
>"Prepare for trouble"
>reveals Rosalina-themed knapsack and billions of Rosalina and Team Rocket pins
>instantly realize I'm in over my head
>proceed to get bodied by him

And the other

>detroit comic con last year
>find some cool plushies
>gf points out Darumaka keychain plush
>"oh he's so cute!"
>0.00000001 seconds later
>"Darumaka is a hideous Fire type"
>wild memelord appears, sporting a charizard hat complete with the horns
>*rubs charmander plushie on cheek*
>"CHARMANDER CHAR"
>back away slowly

So, yeah. I stay the fuck away from Pokémon fans in real life.
>>
>>26647697
Wait till they find a dedicated pussy to sit on their dick. You will be forgotten in a heart's beat.
>>
>>26647526
>Hey there how we doing?
>how we doing
Why would you say this?
>>
>>26649552
10/10
>>
>man i stopped caring after the original 150

Do people think this makes them look cool or something?
>>
>>26648164
>>26650524
i hate all of you
>>
File: 1463883557263.jpg (461 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1463883557263.jpg
461 KB, 900x675
>>26654470
Yeah, Pokemon can have the worst of "fans".

>be at a party
>some guy has an Umbreon card attached to a chain on his belt
>start a conversation with him, asking if he's interested in Pokken which hadn't come out at the time
>"sorry what's Pokken?"
>I explain it's a new game releasing soon
>silence
>bring up X, Y, Conquest
>"oh sorry I only played the originals"

Every goddamn time. I have tons of these encounters however because I bask in the awkwardness and generally actually like talking about games to people
>>
File: 1462127681960.gif (885 KB, 500x418) Image search: [Google]
1462127681960.gif
885 KB, 500x418
>>26655810
>notice someone playing BW in class
>ask them if they competitive battle, or e.v train at all
>"Yeah I train Eevees"
>mfw
>>
>>26655810
>Umbreon card attached to a chain on his belt
Sounds gay as fuck
>>
>>26647526
So far I have only met one person in my university that plays Pokémon as well. He's a bit awkward but a nice guy. Although the only thing related to Pokémon we've done is a session of trades to help each other. I helped him evolve some pokémon and he gifted me two pokemon (one a Shiny) to help me complete the Pokédex.
>>
File: aaaa.png (19 KB, 58x104) Image search: [Google]
aaaa.png
19 KB, 58x104
>>26655810
>"oh sorry I only played the originals"
>Umbreon
>>
File: 1463732023343.png (643 KB, 1022x731) Image search: [Google]
1463732023343.png
643 KB, 1022x731
>>26655943
I know. He didn't even know what the Pokemon on the card was.

>>26655848
Ofcourse. It was a rave. It's funny because he then asked if I knew where to get drugs. Normies reee.
>>
>>26654470
have some general gamestop cringe

>middle school and high school
>local gamestop is shit
>never has fun events for Nintendo games, half the time never releases the games on release date because "man Nintendo didn't send us anything" despite only getting shipments in midweek and games releasing on the weekend/early week and miraculously appearing the next day when the manager comes in
>Walmart and Target sucked because they released games whenever they bothered stocking them back then
>Best Buy in my area charged $5 down payment for preorders that didn't go to the cost of the game and held stock back
>fuck Toysrus
>basically have to deal with gamestop being total shitheads, and wondered why they didn't want events with Nintendo fans
>brawl release
>gamestop forced to have a midnight
>go with my bro at midnight to pick up the games
>long ass line of college age guys
>told to go in the store to trade out our receipts and pay our balance to make things smoother, since we paid in full earlier we're allowed to stay near the front of the line
>some sweaty nerd is bitching the whole time that "some kid is here cutting line", and "half these people don't even appreciate smash on his level, being a competitive Melee player"
>lots of dudebro wannabes comparing gamerscores and saying they only bought a Wii for Smash, and to see some tits jiggle when their gf plays Wii Sports, so they're totes not gay for owning multiple consoles
>there's an odor
>someone's mom keeps honking and saying "it's 11:30, when are you going to get your game, it's almost midnight!"
>midnight hits
>people jam into the store cutting eachother
>the neck beard bitching about me being there cuts in front of me, telling me he's going to put his matches online so he needs the game
>he runs outside with his game
>"mom start the car, quick! I need to play this game now!"
>his mom was the woman in the minivan circling for an hour
I never questioned why Gamestop didn't want Nintendo events after that.
>>
>>26655810
>>26655810
>Umbreon
Honestly should have been a red flag. Anyone who carries Umbreon merch IRL is pretty much guaranteed to be an idiot or a furfag.

Bonus points for Shiny Umbreon because that pulls out the emo furries as much as Sonic OCs ever did.
>>
I remember all these tattoo threads where the people only had tattoos of the first 151. And some anons trying to argue me that these are just their favorites.

>it's just a coincidence that all our favorite Pokémon are from gen I!! I swear!!
>>
>>26656133
Jesus Christ the kind of people who go into eb/game stop are either autistic man children or asshole parents I have to go to the eb a town over because of how shitty the service is in my town every damn time they fucked up my pre-order bonuses
>>
>>26653402
Report it as unsolvable.

>>26653142
Well said.
>>
>>26654019
>(I've witnessed a few incidents with parents that have been disgusting)

Examples?
>>
>>26647526
the tattoo guy was obviously shy about his hobbies. if he is beta enough to tattoo for his kids, he is beta enough for pokemon.
>>
>>26656500
Oh boy, where to start.

Had a dad yell at his son for winning a top cut game outside the tourney because it almost went to a third game on a misplay. The kid's deck absolutely shat and countered his opponent's deck and even the slip up wasn't enough to lose, but the dad was furious that he slipped up and "almost lost at the top 8".

There's been plenty of times where parents will get as close to the table as they can without alerting the Judges and try to give tips to their kids. A few have caused scenes when asked to leave and I remember one judge telling me the most spectacular thing he heard a mom say to get him to allow her to coach her son was that he was "retarded" and couldn't play the game himself, despite doing just fine on his own.

Probably the best one though was the time after day 1 at regionals where a couple of competitive parents say at the bar across from me and proceeded to talk strats about how to get their kids to worlds for those sweet tournies and prizes and vacation time, all covered. One dad lamented that his son hadn't been playing well recently and was distracted by school. A mom suggested he ground the kid from tournies and tell him that unless he's going to get serious, he's not going to get to go back and see all of his friends.

>"but will that work out?"
>"well, it's tough to miss a few tournies and still make worlds, but I did that to trevor last year and he's now a lot more eager to focus and get results"
Worst part was they sat at the bar for over an hour getting drunk with their kids sitting in the ground playing cards because the bar didn't serve food or drink to children and had to listen to all this bullshit.

Parents are the worst thing about competitive Pokemon.
>>
>>26647947
>>26649586
R U 2 know each other irl?
>>
>>26653511
there are plenty poekmon fans out there you can't spot. mainly the ones that are cancer stands out.
>>
>>26656749
Closet fans tend to be casual, anyway. So stories like in the OP and this thread mostly apply.
>>
File: 1462302380006.png (462 KB, 649x661) Image search: [Google]
1462302380006.png
462 KB, 649x661
Here, take my shit experience.

>Waiting for a appointment when I was younger
>Playing diamond on my original DS while waiting
>After 12 minutes of waiting some kind of neckbeard waddles over and takes the seat next to me
>Plenty of empty seats around the room
>Red flags and sirens going off in my head seems there was recently pedophile cases in the area
>He leans over and looks at my DS as I was managing my party
>Sees I don't have any 'mons from previous gens
>He starts talking about how the older gen pokemon were so much better to himself but it was probably directed at me
>Turn and ask him "What kinds of pokemon?"
>He smirks and goes "Sure, kid. I'll show ya the best pokemon"
>He takes out his phone and shows me a few pictures
>"Now this next one is my favorite!"
>Shows me a picture of a Gardevoir
>Thinking nothing of it I just say "Wow, looks cool!"
>Starts showing me like 20 more pictures
>Have to go seems i got called in for the appointment
>Jump-cut a couple of years and I finally realize why he had so many Gardevoir images
>>
>Walk into Gamestop with the intention of buying Yellow for 3DS.
>No credit card, no internet, have to do it at the store.
>Adorable grill clerk
>"Can I help you?"
>Just looking to buy an eShop card.
>"Oh, right over there."
>Grab card
>Notice they have Pokemon Yellow VC boxes on their 3DS shelf
>Grab one
>"Oh, if you like, I can just ring you up for Pokemon Yellow directly."
>Thanks, that sounds great.
>I love this game. I think I restarted it about 10 times as a kid.
>"Haha, yeah, I still play Pokemon too."
>Have you seen that new Pokken game? What do you think?
>"It looks fun, but I already bought too many games, haha."

Gamestops have changed. Now that people close to my age are all the employees and managers, almost anytime I go in to preorder or buy or browse, the people there are genuine game fans. Hell, often they're bigger current-gen gamers than I am.
>>
File: image.png (208 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.png
208 KB, 1280x720
>>26647526

The girls just hide their power level with the pikachu thing. Many of them are major Pokemon fans. If you don't believe there aren't many of them, then you are new. Most people still obsessed with the anime at all are all female shippers.
>>
File: KEEEEEK.jpg (64 KB, 491x713) Image search: [Google]
KEEEEEK.jpg
64 KB, 491x713
>>26656883
NICE
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.