[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: $_35.jpg (10 KB, 300x139) Image search: [Google]
$_35.jpg
10 KB, 300x139
Which new type introduced is the worst?

And why is it still bug or poison?
>>
>>26647196
More like Psychic.
>>
Tbh, I only really hate the non-elemental types.
Bug, Dragon, and fighting types are so dumb.
It's like having a Dog type.
>>
>>26647196
Ice

why does it still exist
>>
>>26647203
Psychic sucks too. When was the last time we had a "fun" psychic type?
>>
>>26647223
As a niche type to kill dra... oh wait...
>>
Fairy types feel fun. Dark and Steel types can feel fun. What's a bug or poison type pokemon that actually feels fun that isn't shit, that isn't several generations old?
>>
>>26647303
Literally every bug type from gen 5.
You got me on poison.
>>
>>26647312
This. The Venipede and Sewaddle lines are both very fun to use.
>>
>>26647281
At least fairy isn't immune to dra... oh wait...
>>
>>26647312
I guess I've "blacked" that out...

But really, other than Mememoth? I guess it comes down to a personal feeling of being severely gimped when I use a bug type, whatever pokemon that may be.
>>
>>26647350
Things like Gavantula completely shit on everything in-game.
The worst bug type that gen was Leavanny and even it could pull its weight that game.
>>
>>26647362
>>26647335
Okay. I guess I really don't remember gen 5. I will give you bug type. But can anyone dispute that poison is any good or fun to play at all?
>>
>>26647393
>Nidoking
>drapion
>weezing the old god wall
>gengar
>venusaur

poison is fucking dope
>>
>>26647447
Yeah, well most of those were gen1 pokemon. What has the type done for me recently? And would those gen1 pokemon make Poison a better typing than fairy, steel, or dark?
>>
>>26647259
Malamar, Meowstic, and Reuniclus aren't fun? Mega Alakazam isn't fun? They seem pretty fun to me.
>>
>>26647494
Poison was introduced in gen 1

they add so little but they're still some of the coolest

amoongus is literally in every vgc meta ever

roserade was an OU power house all of gen 4

gen 5 toxicroak was OP, and hes cool as fuck

and then my bro crobat

no type will ever be as bad as ice
>>
>>26647542
Not all of Gen IV for Roserade--it danced down to UU a few times and through BL. I loved it, though. I always carried one to blast Suicune before it started CMing.
>>
>>26647494
The reason for that is because there are only 59 Poison types total, and 33 of them are from gen 1. Nearly all of the gen 4 and 5 Poison types are fun, though.
>>
>>26647885
he gave up on this thread because he was horribly wrong

ice and rock are like the worst types
>>
>Drapion
>Toxicroak
>Roserade
>Scolipede
Of the Poison types introduced in the last 3 gens, all have been pretty based as fuck. Dragalge is kind of wasted potential. When it comes to dragon types, GF should have either went hard or not went at all. Fairy types being introduced killed Dragalge's potential.

As for bugs, they are one of the coolest types around. Don't kid.
>>
Dark is pretty lame to be honest

Has some nice Pokemon but the type itself was bleh
>>
>>26648002
Dark is really built around fucking with your opponent and using underhanded and shifty means of battle so a lot of them aren't heavy hitters and built like tanks unfortunately. Shame cuz they're my favorite type.
>>
>>26647494
Toxicroak
>>
>>26647303
Mega Beedrill
>>
>>26647196
Poison's really been enjoying the buff that Fairy gave it. Bug has handy enough coverage that it supplements other types really well, hence why Heracross, Scizor, and Volcarona are all pretty viable.

Psychic's flat-out bad, only good against Poison, which has enough other weaknesses to handle, resisted by Steel even though Ghost and Dark got buffed against it, and one type it's inherently useless against. Not enough advantages to it vs. the disadvantages. Not to mention weak to U-Turn.
>>
>>26647990
I kinda like how GF has moved away from having Dragon as a strictly overpowered type. Kinda feels good to have relatively "normal" users of the type like Dragalge and Druddigon. Also, Dragalge seemed to me a cleverly cheeky answer to Fairys -- come up with a type that explicitly counters Dragon, then make one of the new Dragons part Poison to counter those Fairys. Seems like...the opposite of wasted potential.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.