[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Blunder of the Century
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 10
File: pokken.jpg (1020 KB, 7092x4042) Image search: [Google]
pokken.jpg
1020 KB, 7092x4042
Blunder of the Century
>>
>>26645537
Nigga you didnt even play it
>>
>>26645537
The basic gameplay is good but it has like 0 content
They better be working on a sequel
>>
>>26645816

because they just testing the idea, there will be sequel if it will be successful
>>
Anyone have ideas for expanding content in a sequel besides a longer story mode and more Pokemon to play as?
>>
>>26647108
Give us at least 100-150 total fighters to choose from. Then add a story mode with 8 gym battles, E4 and Champion like any other usual pokemon gaem, with being able to level up your chosen story mode character, random fights between gyms, and so forth.

Also, the ability to have the top players be gym leaders/E4/Champions would be amazing, to allow for maximum Epeen showing and something to strive for whilst fighting them too.
>>
>>26647146
>100-150
Totally unrealistic. 30+ would be great.
>>
>>26647146
That sounds like a shit story mode.
>>
File: images.jpg (18 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
18 KB, 300x168
>>26647108
-MvC-style tag team battles
-Stadium-style modes, Gym leaders, elite 4, mini-games
-unlock pokemon if you have it in your main game, download special pokemon to your main game. pretty much any form of main game connectivity that most games lack lately
-individual endings per pokemon
>>
>>26647146
>100-150
Holy shit you are a retard
>>
It pretty much needs to be Pokemon Stadium but with the new combat. And they need to really try to add some diverse pokemon for gameplay. The pokemon theyhave given us now are just jokes.
They need to get rid of megas/boosts and support pokemon. And make the default kits for those pokemon be what determines playstyle.
They also need to prioritize NOT adding the most fan favorite pokemon to the games. Add pokemon like beedrill, heracross, primape, furret. They dont all have to be some bipedal furbait. Adding suicune was such a surprise to me because of this. And i thought it was pretty cool to see it in the game.
But the thing i dislike most is that they are adding already popular pokemon to the game. They should let this be an opportunity to add pokemon people forgot or dont use because they have shit stats in the main pokemon games and add them to this game to highlight them and give them some new fans.
also the pokken cover is literal cancer, remove pikachu and lucario please
>>
The roster and shit is fine, since that's all you can really expect from the first entry in a series without a bunch of copy/pasting. It really needed a more interesting single-player mode, though. Maybe an lite RPG-esque mode, a monster raising mode, or even just some challenges.
>>
>>26647325
Don't worry, the sequel will have Greninja on the cover.
>>
File: 1450145822066.gif (12 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1450145822066.gif
12 KB, 500x500
>>26647325
>The pokemon theyhave given us now are just jokes.
Why?
>They need to get rid of megas/boosts and support pokemon.
Why?
>They also need to prioritize NOT adding the most fan favorite pokemon to the games.
Why?
>Add pokemon like beedrill, heracross, primape, furret. They dont all have to be some bipedal furbait.
Those are all bipedal and furbait. And they're nostalgiafag bait to boot.
>Adding suicune was such a surprise to me because of this. And i thought it was pretty cool to see it in the game.
Oh. You're a Johtobabby.
>But the thing i dislike most is that they are adding already popular pokemon to the game. They should let this be an opportunity to add pokemon people forgot or dont use because they have shit stats in the main pokemon games and add them to this game to highlight them and give them some new fans.
> also the pokken cover is literal cancer, remove pikachu and lucario please
And a gigantic hipster.
>>
>>26647298
I'm surprised it doesn't have team battles already considering it's Pokemon. I guess they didn't want to complicate things too much on the first game.
>>
>>26647458
maybe because capcom is better at it, they were the ones that made SFxT
>>
>>26647108
Aside from the obvious "bigger roster", it mainly needs better presentation and more things to do. The story was shit, the 2D trainers and menus are lame and once you beat the laughably easy and boring campaign the only thing you can do is either more generic CPU battles or going online. Just something like Tekken's arcade modes with scores and times to compete against would add a lot of longevity.

I'd also prefer it if each Pokemon had it's own story mode with some snippets of story explaining each one's motivations for joining the tournament. I know TCPi doesn't like it when pokemon are treated as individuals rather than species but it would make for an interesting playground for Namco.
>>
>>26647548
Weren't the Pokemon just loaned to the trainers?
>>
Well for the first entry of the series the roster lineup is fine as it is, but has the same problems with SFV, pretty fun games with barebones modes.

The only difference is that SFV is getting updates every month and Pokken sold a little better.
>>
File: kaguyapc.png (16 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
kaguyapc.png
16 KB, 500x400
I checked my history today and found out that I only ever started the game 7 times.

Legit just finished the story mode and played around 40 matches online.
>>
File: 1453947776235.jpg (19 KB, 168x168) Image search: [Google]
1453947776235.jpg
19 KB, 168x168
>>26645537
>why doesn't this game pander to ME specifically??? i'm entitled to everything I want!
Look, I'm sorry that your "bro" is some irrelevant bullshit like Stantler but if you literally don't like ANY of the Pokemon in Pokken's cast then you're a hipster megadouche who wouldn't be happy even if the roster was 140.
>>
>>26645537

Sold more than SFV so I would say it's good
>>
>>26647628

Pokken did get an update a while ago though

It barely needs it since the game is perfectly balanced already and all Pokemon offer a different moveset
>>
>>26647852
>perfectly balanced
They took Shadow Mewtwo's infinite away and made a few other adjustments, but it's still not that well balanced.
>>
>>26647108
it needs to be a solely 2.5d fighter. ideally third strike with pokemon; a better story and you're set
>>
>>26647108
>More customization options for both males and females.
>3d models for trainers preferrably with animations related to how the battle is going
>Accessories for pokemon
>Ability to choose the alternate color
>Arcade mode which unlocks a movie for each pokemon
>Change music for stages
>up the HP to 150%
>less damage on initial hits
>more damage on combos
>>
>>26647444
3 why?s in a row. expecting anyone to care about your confusion.
>>
>>26647108
Record function in training mode, something that lets me test interaction between two attacks at least.
>>
>>26647852

>Perfectly balanced

Yeah, that's bullshit bud.
Try playing Machamp for a good bit and you'd understand why there's only like five people who pick him.
>>
>>26647108
>roster of around 30-35 Pokemon - not enough to reach Dragon Ball levels of bloat/unbalance but enough to satisfy most tastes
>more boss enemies like Shadow Mewtwo
>character stories
>minigame club
>online lobbies
>multiple alts tor each pokemon
Thats all i can think of atm
>>
>>26647146
>100-150 total fighters
Let me guess, you don't play fighting games?
>>
I want to be able to customize my pokemon. Like put a tutu on my Sceptile.
>>
If there's one thing and one thing only I'd want over anything else, I got two words: ENVIROMENTAL INTERACTIONS
>>
>>26648216
or give him a cute hat
>_<
>>
Make the backgrounds not look like ass. Seriously, it's like some N64 game with the NPCs in all the backgrounds.
>>
>>26648201
It's /vp/, what did you expect

But the point about needing more content definitely stands. Right now there really isnt much to do except online battles, and with retarded ranking system and only 16 characters - some of them clearly better than the rest - this gets repetitive real quick. Unlike some people ITT I don't think a bunch of DLCs is going to fix this glaring flaw. Pokken needs a full fledged sequel, preferably for a new console.
>>
>>26647839
It's based on Pokemon which gave people incentive to buy the game... Not so much to stick around. The game is trash and has an extremely small following. Sales =/= good game. I guarantee if you go on twitch at ANY time there will be less than 50 people watching Pokken Tournament. SFV may have sold less, but a lot more of them still play the game.
>>
>>26648394
Non-main Pokemon titles actually don't sell all that well for some reason.
>>
>>26648282
Isn't that just because of the Wii U's limitations? I remember the arcade version looking nicer in pictures.
>>
>>26648288
They could add meaningful DLC like that 3DS Dragon Ball fighting game. That game got more assist characters, a training mode, online, unlockable super versions of all the playable characters, and a new single player infinite mode all for free a few months after release.
It wouldn't be unreasonable to add a mode or two for Pokken and some more things to unlock.
>>
>>26645537
Here is everything shit which involves this game.

>1
Wii U and Arcades only
>2
Disregard the above, being on a dying console should be reason enough
>3
"Official" Hori pad for the game only works for Pokken and can't be used with anything else. Note it's a wired controller.
>4
Piss poor/no balancing support.
>5
No word on adding anything ever
>6
There are obvious characters which are too well rounded forcing you to play hard counters for specific matchups
>7
Rock Paper Scissors
>8
Disregard the above because certain moves have counter pierces and frame trapping
>9
Disregard single player all together when it comes to learning how to play
>10
Disregard the above, you have the fuck around with singleplayer anyway to get access to certain characters and support sets
>>
>>26648484
Is that game as unbalanced as all the other DBZ games that exist?
>>
>>26648498
Yes and no. The playable characters are divided into their own strength categories, so some characters are much stronger than others. However, there's also like a weight thing where having stronger characters and assists on your team takes up more team points. This is mostly an optional thing, but it can be used to restrict team building to help balance things out more.
In addition, the super versions of the characters help make the weaker ones more viable against the strong characters, but there's also super versions of the strongest characters which are ludicrously strong.
The devs have made some effort to balance the game by fixing some broken things like infinites and overpowered assists though.
>>
Did the game ever get any new content in any update? Even Splatoon keeps getting new stuff and that game was planned to be already finished with updates months ago.
>>
>>26648604
The WiiU version has new characters that the arcade version didn't, does that count?
>>
>>26647108
I honestly just want every Pokemon playable. Heck, they can use the x and y models
>>
>>26648394
>I guarantee if you go on twitch at ANY time there will be less than 50 people watching Pokken Tournament.
Honestly that only means Pokken's player base is casual as fuck (mostly kids). If you go online you can still find matches in a matter of seconds.
>>
>>26645537
I think pokeman fans are just not fighting fans, they want like a gorillion fighters and moves.
>>
File: OP.png (2 KB, 140x81) Image search: [Google]
OP.png
2 KB, 140x81
>>26645537
Blunder of the Century
>>
>>26645537
Shits sold more then Street Fighter V, there is no way it's a blunder
>>
>>26645537
Wait till greninja DLC then itll be lively
>>
File: HNI_0059.jpg (10 KB, 226x141) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0059.jpg
10 KB, 226x141
>>26648758
>I just want all Pokemon playable
>just
>>
File: 1462674775553.png (989 KB, 600x844) Image search: [Google]
1462674775553.png
989 KB, 600x844
>>26647663
I'm in the same boat, I really would like to play it more.
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 1079x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 1079x700
>>26648758
>use the XY models
>>
They needed at least 50 Pokemon. They were way too lazy with this game. I was very excited when it was first announced but once I saw how many characters there were, I didn't care about the game at all anymore.
>>
>>26647108
I've not played it much, but...
>bigger roster with more diversity like add Toxicroak and a poison mechanic exclusive to him like FANG in SF5
>Add custom movesets, since it's Pokemon and all, like they have in Smash bros to add some more complexity to competitive play and make use of the source material
>Throw in small overworld in stead of a map and have a Pokedex helper instead of that annoying woman. I hate how the game feels like a menu, it's impossible to get immersed.
>Drop the "new region" shit and just have it be an alternative, singles battle style in the canon and go world-wide, using minor characters from the hand-held games as the bosses [fan-service]. It would be cool to feauture the Sinnoh helper guys and stuff, right?

The game has loads of potential and they should have made it back when Pokemon was a hot property. I had hoped it would sell Wii Us, but they just didn't invest as much as they should have in it.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.