[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what the fuck were they thinking?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
what the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>26645280
Yikes
>>
I know, it's crazy.
Who the hell makes quality games in 20 fucking 10?
>>
>>26645280
I don't see your point. The fuck is your intention?
>>
"Lets make a game that will only increase in price over the years"
>>
>>26645280
>>26645285
https://youtu.be/VKpQgEyjNdM
First thing that popped into my head.
>>
>>26645280
Too bad the games had no actual upgrade story and gameplay wise. Copy-pasted Frontier is cool but hardly interesting if you already went through the Platinum one. Pokeathlon was cool but some of the minigames were so stupid. Other than that nothing outstanding really
>>
>>26645315
>story
My fucking sides, people like you exist?
>>
>>26645315
>upgrade story and gameplay wise
There was the Eucruteak dancers and all the 4th gen mechanics. But yeah, kind pointless if you already had Platinum, only worth for the nostalgia value, I guess most people who dislikes it here are hoennbabies
>>
>>26645280

Reminder that HGSS could just as easily have been a colossal fuckup like ORAS was thanks to LazyFreak, but wasn't.
>>
>>26645330
Oh yeah story is not needed ist all about catching pokemon and battling weak ass npcs. Cool huh
>>
>>26645315
the fact that they altered the story in ORAS is one of the major reasons why I hated it
>>
>>26645354
Correct, I'm glad you understand.
>>
>>26645280
What do you mean? HGSS did the original gold and silver justice. It demonstrated how good a Pokemon game could be.

Finished the elite 4? Hold on faggot, time for Kanto. A whole new region and revisiting the previous region. Throughout the story you get a deep sense of continuity and nostalgia.

Despite being spread out over two regions the game was well paced. That's even with the surprising amount of open end/world places to visit once you hit Kanto. Finally you get legendary hunting, rematches, and red for endgame all of which was hard as shit and made you work to overcome it. This was ONTOP of having Battle Frontier.

Why gamefreak didn't elect to continue the trend of revisiting regions and including meaningful endgame was dumb and disheartening. I was expecting it when I finished the original ruby/sapphire and got let down, hard.

As the games have been coming and going since then with bw, bw2, xy, and oras I still haven't felt as impressed with a gen or remake as I have been with g/s hg/ss.
>>
>>26645655
HGSS was really good if you just wanted a lot of shit to do.
>another region
>BF for those who didn't bother in Platinum
>Pokéathlon
>Balltism
>side quests everywhere
A shame about the Safari Zone, but if you're as autistic as me you can probably make use of it in a playthrough.
>>
File: INTENTION.jpg (34 KB, 425x340) Image search: [Google]
INTENTION.jpg
34 KB, 425x340
>>26645280
>>
>>26645346
Hoennbaby here. I liked HG/SS
>>
"let's remake the most flawed games to date and fix almost none of their flaws"

It was okay aside from that, did some nice things and additions though some were pretty lame like the forced Kimono Girls legend plot or dumbing down the Ruins of Alph or Suicune's story not being as climatic as it was in Crystal

At least it kept most of the Crystal additions
>>
>>26645695
This is exactly what I want to do.
>>
>>26645280
>Let's make some cash.
>>
>>26645359
fucking agreed.
>we are gunna shill Megas so hard we are going to alter the story of Hoenn
God i wish ORAS came out after black/white. It would have been perfect then.
>>
>>26645359
>>26647524
Am I the only one liking the primal form lore they have given them? Not overly fond of rayquaza's one though
>>
Is there a rom that fixes the available mons and level curve?
If HGSS had the availability of Crystal mons plus some added mons like Houndour, Murkrow, Slugma, Larvitar, and Misdreavus to Johto outside of the Safari Zone, and a better level curve than having Lv 6 mons after the second gym, they would be amazing.
>>
>>26645280
When will they finally release another pokemon game with two regions in it?

never
>>
>>26647630
No.
>people seriously bitching about them changing the absolutely brain dead rse story
It was the worst thing about the games. I honestly feel like they didn't change it enough to make it actually interesting.
>>
>>26645359
One of the reasons I want to like ORAS despite its flaws was I felt all the changes to plots and characters were massive, massive improvements over the original.

Shame Delta Episode's story and central character was the worst fucking shit.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.