[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stat wise, how do we fix this beautiful creature
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: torterra.png (1 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
torterra.png
1 MB, 1600x900
Stat wise, how do we fix this beautiful creature
>>
Give it good defences, a little attack, and a good defensive ability.
>>
>>26644355
increase them
>>
>>26644396
This most likely, It would be awesome if Gamefreak went back to revised pokemon stats. I really don't want to have a mega evolution just to fix the guy
>>
>>26644401
/thread

But OP, if it gets a Mega that creates auto-Gravity (earth tortoise and all), it would be really good.

Only really walled by Grass and Bug by that point, which aren't hard to account for.
>>
It's fine. Unless you're Delcatty-level bad, you're fine.
>>
>>26644355
>95-109-105-75-85-56
It doesn't need fixing, its stats are fine for the role it's supposed to play. It could benefit from better abilities, but the real problem is that Torterra is completely outlassed by the current meta standards
>>
make it grass/rock
>>
Give him Schell Schmasch
>>
File: Torterra and Lucas.jpg (60 KB, 500x461) Image search: [Google]
Torterra and Lucas.jpg
60 KB, 500x461
>>26644355
Superior taste, OP. Best starter, best grass type, best mon. The solution when it comes to Torterra is just to minmax it more. There is no real reason to have 75 points dumped into special attack. Something more like
101/110/123/55/85/51
would make it a lot better. Not great mind you, but better. 101/123/85 defenses are pretty good, all things considered plus 110 attack with two 100+ BP STAB moves is pretty solid. It's not OU now or anything, but it's probably better than B rank NU like it is now. If you still wanted to improve it a little, shove 5 more into HP to raise its BST to 530 which is now average for starters rather than low. It still has a major weakness to ice, but everything has its weaknesses. Also, make its HA water absorb

>>26645553
>get rid of its niche in resisting quakedge
>giving it a weakness to fighting
>giving it a typing that makes much less thematic sense
nah
>>
What do you think is better competitively, a Tank or a Physical attacker?
>>
File: 1446785891823.jpg (196 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1446785891823.jpg
196 KB, 800x800
>>26644355
Bumping with more Torterra
>>
It's mega evolution gives it a ability that makes it immune to ice type moves.
>>
>>26644355
Its bretty good as it but if ya want to pump it to OU levels somehow, id say just tack on the offense and defense and it would be nigh unstoppable
>>
Give it a mega

Type: Keep it Grass/Ground
Ability: Thick Fat or Solid Rock
HP 95
Attack 109 > 134 (+25)
Defense 105 > 140 (+35)
Sp. A 75
Sp. D 85 > 125 (+40)
Speed 56

Give access to Spiky Shield and Rototiller
>>
>>26650105
>Thick Fat

Holy shit. That's not a bad idea. It'll be M-Venasaur tier with just the thick fat.

Build it as an offensive tank and slap on Rock Polish. Call it a day.
>>
>>26644355
>how do we fix this beautiful creature

Accept its inferiority to Serperior and Venusaur
>>
>>26644355
It's fucked anyway because it suffers from the "my strongest STAB has recoil and my base speed is shit" curse.
Possible solutions:
>Auto gravity ability like >>26644521 said
>Make its BST 535 like every other starter. Maybe some rearranging too. Like from 95-109-105-75-85-56 to 105-109-105-55-105-56
>Power whip, at least as an alternative.
>Leech seed, if it doesn't get it already. Don't remember, I'm a casual and I haven't played platinum in years
>>
>>26650105
Think fat fits it perfect and is stronger but thematically, solid rock fits best.
>>
>>26645586
It doesn't really have a shell like a turtle's.
It's more like an Ankylosaurus' back plating. Also, it's hard to imagine that breaking, with all the trees on it and everything.
>>
>>26650865
>Making it this obvious you're an underage faggot
Anyone who believes Torterra is an Ankylosaur is a fucking dumbass.
>>
>>26650157

No, it would still be weak to ice, just not 4x weak. M-Venusaur essentially only has two weaknesses, Flying and Psychic, the latter of being very uncommon. Thick Fat would only fully eliminate fire for Torterra.

Also anyone who thinks Solid Rock is a good ability should stop posting.
>>
>>26651394
look at the shape of its head, faggot.
>>
>>26650865
Literally does not matter. There's Pokemon without shells that can use it
>>
File: ankylosaurus-info-graphic.png (57 KB, 800x339) Image search: [Google]
ankylosaurus-info-graphic.png
57 KB, 800x339
>>26651470
Only because gorebyss and huntail had shells prior to evolving.
The only other one I think you could be talking about is Barbaracle, who actually is covered in shells do to barnacles using rocks as homes.

>>26651394

Turtles have long necks, shells covering their underbelly and no spikes

Ankylosaura have short necks, a top-covering half-shell, and spikes everywhere

Torterra has a short neck, a top-covering half-shell, and spikes everywhere.

This isn't new either.
Charizard went from a lizard to a dragon
Meganium went from a fruit to a flower
Sceptile gains Dinosaur features
Samurott went from an otter to a sea lion
Snivy looses its limbs when evolving
Chesnaught goes from a mammalian chestnut to what appears to be a prehistoric armadillo

Drastic transformations happen every generation
>>
>>26644355
Solid Rock would help a TON
>>
>>26651686
>turtles have long neck
Yes, good to see Blastoise makes use of it's long turtle neck.

The most distinguishing feature of Ankylosaurs, along with it's armor, is it's hammer-like tail. Torterra has a short tail, much like a turtle or tortoise.

Torterra's concept is clearly inspired by the World Turtle, hence the tree and spike-like rocks on it's back.

>Sceptile gains Dinosaur features
>prehisotric armadillo
MUH PATTERNS GUISE GRASS TYPES ARE ALWAYS EXTINCT AMINALS

Fuck off back to Serebii forums. Nothing about sceptile is dinosaurian except for the fact it's a big lizard. Sceptile is based off the leaf-tailed gecko, not dilophosaur or whatever else you've deluded yourself into believing.
>>
>>26654363
Blastoise never even resembled a real turtle. Because real turtles stand on their hind legs and have cannons on their shoulders. Look at turtwig then look at Squirtle.

Are you seriously going to tell me that they don't. I don't support the prehistoric snake thing with serperior, but these clearly are.
>>
>>26649686
It's a big pokemon.
>>
>>26655869
https://youtu.be/a29-cgHC_9o
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.