[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In theory, would a move that guarantees your next attack is a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: 1462990982360.png (299 KB, 500x708) Image search: [Google]
1462990982360.png
299 KB, 500x708
In theory, would a move that guarantees your next attack is a crit be OP?

If this was gen 5 or before where the multiplier was 2.0 I'd think so but not anymore.
>>
>>26644003
I think that would be interesting and not OP. Probably wouldn't get used much actually. It could open up some doors to new supports depending on its distribution and connection with baton bass.
It would make the anti-stallfags here happy
>>
Depends on the distribution. If every pokemon got it ala toxic it would be op. If a select group of shitmons and one or two half decent mons got it it would be fine.
>>
>>26644039
>If every pokemon got it ala toxic it would be op.
That's the plan.

Honestly a crit is essentially a 1 time 1 stage attack boost with the ability to bypass defense boosts
>>
>>26644003
Fuck no.

>>26644039
>If every pokemon got it ala toxic it would be op
hardly, it's a setup move for one (one) attack that's a lower multiplier than swords dance now.
>>
@26644155
dude what?

to the OP, not really, but if you can use it on another pokemon then yes
imagen double/triple battles were deoxis uses it on say chandelure or volcarona and they one shot the enemy team
>>
>>26644218
Newfag please go...
>>
>>26644003
It'd probably be a weak move made just under average with the crit boost but GF might be trikky about it and give it to mons with abilities like technician
>>
I kind of wish that was how Focus Energy worked, but guaranteed crits shouldn't really be that much of an issue, especially if you skip this turn for it.

It would probably never be used unless it can bypass Slowbro or something and +3 defense/special defense becomes more common. Even then I'd see like, Topsy Turvy become more common first.
>>
>>26644239
>giving (you) and attention to irnonic shitposters
>not using @ to bait newfags
its like you dont even 4chan its mostly a /co/ and /vg/ thing so its fine
>>
>>26644003
For singles, this would would essentially be a nerfed version of Swords Dance / Nasty Plot.

For doubles, this move is called Helping Hand.
>>
>>26645250
>after one swords dance you shit all over all defensive setup
wew lad
it would be situational as fuck, but there are situations where it would be better than just boosting your stats.
also move distribution is a thing...
>>
>>26644003
so focus energy?
>>
>>26644218
I came here to laugh at you.

>>26644058
it also ignores enemy def buffs and own atk debuffs.
>>
>>26644003

It wouldn't

Just look at moves like Lock on that gurantee's %100 accuracy

It's not worth it
>>
Would be nice with sniper.
>>
>>26644003
No
>>
What about an ability that guarantees your first attack will crit. Would that be OP?
>>
>>26644003
It would have a niche on wallbreakers, but Smogon would instantly ban it.
>>
>>26644003
...frost breath and storm throw?
>>
>>26644218
you mean like helping hand?
>>
@26644218
What the heck are you doing?
>>
>>26644003
It wouldn't be overpowered. It's main usage would be to deal with CM sets and other set-up stallers, which are cancer anyway.
>>
>>26651208
nigga the fuck?
>>
>>26644003
Imagine Chicken-chan getting dicked by that muscular body as the male protag watches.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.