[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fairy-Type Talk!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 20
File: season18_ep26_ss01[1].jpg (94 KB, 578x327) Image search: [Google]
season18_ep26_ss01[1].jpg
94 KB, 578x327
Well, it's been a while. . . What d'you think about the Fairy type overall? I personally LOVE them, but I think A.) Bug should've resisted IT rather than the other way 'round, and B.) we gravely need more new cool pokémon with the type.
>>
Make play rough a tm. PLEASE!
>>
File: 1464808657498.png (538 KB, 1280x865) Image search: [Google]
1464808657498.png
538 KB, 1280x865
Iam underwhelmed with the quantity of the pokemon based on mythology/fae(who even approved garbage like Dedenne?) and the lack of physical moves. At least we got neat stuff like Florges,Xerneas,Diancie and they retconned inferior pokemon like Clefable,Gardevoir, and pic related into based Dragon checks.

The type alright in my book, but hopefully S/M would flesh it out more like Dark and Steel.
>>
File: k4YXuut[1].png (294 KB, 997x394) Image search: [Google]
k4YXuut[1].png
294 KB, 997x394
Reminder that these are all the non-legendary Fairy types we got that we got in gen 6 that weren't previously existing.

About half of them are good. The other half......Well I have faith that they can do better.
>>
Fairy type was a mistake
>>
The new fairy types that were introduced are very boring to me, but I like the Pokémon that got retconned into the type, so it's 50/50. I'm especially pleased with Azumarill getting Fairy type, though.
I think it at least has potential.
>>
>>26643589
Florges was great though(and the whole line as well). Should've been this gen's pseudo and not a crappy Sylveon(one of the worst designs in the franchise).
>>
>>26644136
gen6 pseudo is goodra not sylveon
>>
>>26643426
I like Fairies but like this guy >>26643470 said I wish we had more like Xerneas than just pink cutemons. Xerneas is actually my favorite box cover legend.

As for functionality,
I like that it's immune to Dragon. Stops them from muscling through via setup or raw attacking.
The Steel and Poison weaknesses seem fair for encouraging use of moves of those types, to especially try to help bring Poison back into the mix.
The Bug, Fighting, and Dark resists are fair, although I was initially skeptical of Bug being there since the most useful Bugs are Poison, Steel, and Fire anyway. But it's really nice to resist Bug since it gives a pretty solid answer to U-Turn and Volt Switch (since most Fairies have good SpD) and Fairies resist Mega Heracross who you'd need something like Lando-T or Gliscor for exclusively otherwise.
I think the things that resist it should be modified slightly though. Poison, Steel, and Fire should be changed to Poison, Fire, and Grass. Steel is a pretty OP type, so giving Poison that hard counter advantage would be nice. Plus, Grass seems logical to resist Fairy, and it could do with another resist.
>>
File: 1459993848732.jpg (141 KB, 900x782) Image search: [Google]
1459993848732.jpg
141 KB, 900x782
All they've done is made my dragon bros shit. They don't exist outside of that.
>>
>>26644136
Florges is ugly as shit, no idea why people like it. Aromatisse is ugly, too.
You'd think they would try to make them "beautiful" or whatever.
>>
Hate it, but not because I think it's overpowered or anything.

I hate it because everything it was introduced to do could have been done by other types who desperately needed a boost

>Dragons too plentiful and OP?
>need a type to effectively nerf them?
>should we use this Ice typing, which has been with the series since the very beginning with one measly resistance only to itself, and yet has always been one of the few strengths against Dragons?
>should we play upon legends of knights of yore, and have the Steel type be able to cut through their ranks like paper?
>WHY THE FUCK SHOULD WE DO THAT?
>just toss some pink shit at them; METAGAME FIXED!

Same applies to their strength against Fighting types: just hand its strength over to Poison (poisonous materials being deadly to a healthy body). As for Dark, I'm not really sure how strong the Dark type was, and if it really needed a counter so desperately. Just make Bug resist it (unless I'm wrong and it resists them already) and call it day.

Fairy is a useless type whose strengths should have been distributed to other, better types, in my purely subjective opinion.

But I'm also a Bug Catcher fag who's very much salty that they resist her favorite typing for absolutely no fucking reason.
>>
File: Mismagius ice cream cone.png (346 KB, 640x555) Image search: [Google]
Mismagius ice cream cone.png
346 KB, 640x555
>>26643426
I love Fairies, they're my second favorite Type after Ghost. Hoping that Mismagius gets a re-typing in Sun and Moon to be both.

Diancie and Florges are love.
>>
>>26644280
This is the best reply in this thread, honestly.
If I can add one thing is that the pokémon retconed to fairy via mega evolution should have been retconed in their non mega forms as well.
>>
Fairy is officially mandatory for all of my teams along with ghost. I like both the cutesy and trickster aspect of it.

Celebi should go back in time and make itself grass/fairy

And there needs to be more ribbon-based fairy moves. But not pure brute force physical attacks, Sylveon can't do anything with those.
>>
File: 800px-Gaston_Bussière_Nymphe.jpg (240 KB, 800x1220) Image search: [Google]
800px-Gaston_Bussière_Nymphe.jpg
240 KB, 800x1220
>>26644309
>Florges is ugly as shit, no idea why people like it.
Because its literally a forest Nymph creature. Whats not to like?
>You'd think they would try to make them "beautiful" or whatever
Shit taste detected. For a forest fairy in a non human form, the design is very well excuted.

>>26644306
Haxorus and Hydreigon were struggling to stay OU in Gen5 anyway. With the existence of versatile, broken ass motherfuckers like Latios and Garchomp, I wouldn't be surprised that they couldn't make dragons that were more broken then them.

>>26644369
Should've been a Psychic type. Literally a ghost with a witch motif
>>
I have no strong feelings either way.

I do want to see some that aren't cutesy or pink in the future.
>>
>>26644309
It's what one would call, "classically beautiful". It's the sort of thing you would see depicted in a painting on your grandmother's wall. It's honestly very well designed even if I think it looks a little off-putting.

I name mine Dr. Seuss.
>>
>>26644344
Buffing Ice and being made weak to Steel honestly makes sense, but Steel is already a great defensive type, it doesn't need to be a dragon slayer offensively too;that's a bit too much.

And Gamefreak despises Ice types with a passions so, y'know.
>>
>>26644498
The Florges line is definitely the best designed fairy types even if Sylveon is my favorite. It's the most traditional pixie design out of all of them, it makes you think about its relationship to nature when it doesn't automatically have a grass dual typing, and there's not a hint of pink on them.
>>
Copied from the wikipedia about fairies
>Proponents of this theory claimed to find support in the tradition that of cold iron as a charm against the fairies, which was viewed as a cultural memory of invaders with iron weapons displacing inhabitants had only flint and were therefore easily defeated.

So yeah now you know why fairies are weak to steal, gf did their mythological research for this
>>
Can someone help me please i need a Keldeo please someone help me
>>
>>26644588
Keldeo is weak to Fairy, mate.
>>
>>26644566
I getcha; it was more just an example of another typing that could have been used against Dragons. I'd personally prefer it for Ice to have been made the prime Dragon slayer, and actually make Steel's strength against it more useful due to the increased usability of the Ice type, thereby pushing both typings (along with Rock, maybe, as well as Fighting, which would in turn bring out the Poison types; it's a vicious cycle like that).

I genuinely don't get what they have against the Ice typing. It's like the creator's parents were killed on the Titanic or something. DON'T BE SO COLD, GAMEFREAK!
>>
>>26644588
>>26643253
This is where to ask.
>>
>>26644575
literally everyone knew that from even before the type was even confirmed you dumb faggot
>>
File: 198.png (387 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
198.png
387 KB, 500x499
Fuck fairies, there's no reason the dragon killer type should be SA on fighting and dark and be weak to two of the least common attacking types.

Pick related, a bro I can't use anymore because moonblast distribution is retarded.
>>
>>26644605
Just to finish dex please
>>
>>26644649
>Umbreon the Moonlight Pokemon
>It can't learn Moonblast
Honestly what the fuck, its the same how Espeon is classified as the Sun Pokemon yet it can't learn Solarbeam
>>
>>26644649
Of course you can use Umbreon. It's still a terrific mon. Clefable's Moonblast doesn't even do 40% to the SpD set.

I used to use Umbreon as my Hoopa-U counter before the Specs set (which had Focus Blast) became popular, since it could take LO Drain Punches and such from it.
>>
File: 197.png (137 KB, 756x648) Image search: [Google]
197.png
137 KB, 756x648
>>26644690
I ran a defensive one in gen 4 and 5, maybe I'll try the SpD set.
>>
>>26643426
Needs more goblin fairies

It can be pink goblins. Also, Mawile.

Also ghost fairies. Lots of potential for cool mons.
>>
File: sluagh.jpg (77 KB, 632x471) Image search: [Google]
sluagh.jpg
77 KB, 632x471
>>26644730
>In Scottish stories, the Sluagh was composed of fairies who were thought to be the souls of evil people and those who died without being baptized. This malevolent swarm usually flew at night, fighting amongst themselves and hunting for victims. The unfortunate target would be lifted and dropped from great heights. The Sluagh also had a penchant for sadism, as they sometimes forced the victims to shoot at other people and animals with poisoned arrows.

Fuck I want this fairy now
>>
>>26644730
I would not at all mind seeing two Ghost/Fairies in S/M, like how we got Trevenant and Gourgeist.
>>
>>26644766
>>26644765
>>26644730

According to mythology, fairies could kidnap women, children or men and often replacing infants with Changelings.
>>
>>26644765
>it learns sky drop
>>
>>26643426

they need more "cool" looking ones.

But I think they're alright. It's good that Dragon got a bit nerfed, Hydreigon was too powerful for its own good.
>>
>>26643470
>mythology/fae
That's solely your own fault for being dumb enough to jump to that conclusion.
>>
>>26644779
>muh grimdark folklore
Fairy type clearly doesn't work that way, though. Why would you want another Dark or Ghost type?
>>
>>26644983
You stupid ass denial faggot. How in the living fuck is that dumb to posses that belief from a series full of mythology inspired creatures?
>>
I love the whole area around Laverre City. It's got the perfect vibe to it, they did a great job.
>>
>>26645841
My favorite part of the Kalos region. Just a super appropriate region to introduce fairy in general.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2 MB, 1362x1490) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2 MB, 1362x1490
>>26644136
>>26644309
>shitting on pokemon designs
A reminder to get a load of this and be grateful for what you have
>>
>>26643426
I would add Grass being unnafected by fairy as fairies would never destroy forest
>>
>>26644136
What color of the Flabebe line do you guys like the most?

The one I used in my X/Y run was yellow.
>>
>>26643589
all are good. normally I'd shit on dedenne but using the pikalcone to highlight a new mechanic is kind of a trend at this point (see plusle and minun, double battles) so I can't blame the little guy
>>
>>26644213
He means it became a Slyveon like now that it's UU florges is worthless
>>
>>26644405
?
>Mega Mawile
>Mega Gardevoir

The only one who didn't wasn't mono typed (Altaria)
>>
>>26643426
I want more fairy pokemon with cool designs. I'm a chick so of course I absolutely love them. I agree with you about bug resisting them. Them being strong against dragons was silly but I liked it cause we needed a type that was strong against dragon and the idea of a fairy beating a dragon is just really funny I like it. I hope there are more fairies in Sun and Moon and I hope they have more pastel colors other than pink to mix it up
>>
>>26644730
GHOST FAIRIES YEEEEEESSS
>>
>>26646050
vampire remote control is my favorite pokemon
>>
File: 1000px-SMTJackFrost.png (1 MB, 1000x1249) Image search: [Google]
1000px-SMTJackFrost.png
1 MB, 1000x1249
>>26644730

I say we get a Ice/Fairy jack frost pokemon.
>>
>>26643589
>About half of them are good.
That's really the most you could hope to ask for with Pokemon
>>
Fairy thread and no mention of best fairy mon?
>>
File: gardevoir_by_tartii-d2xkf19.png (556 KB, 883x1268) Image search: [Google]
gardevoir_by_tartii-d2xkf19.png
556 KB, 883x1268
>>26646730
Yea this must be fix'd soo...

I like gardevoir, for me is best fairy type. Fairy type fits into gardevoir apperance but also doesent look like pokemon for small girls. Gardevoir looks more like female RPG mage.
>>
>>26643426
I like Fairy and hope Gamefreak doesn't cave to the mythologycucks. I want more silly cute shit like Slurpuff.
>>
File: Blue_Flower_Florges_anime.png (4 MB, 1905x1450) Image search: [Google]
Blue_Flower_Florges_anime.png
4 MB, 1905x1450
>>26646110
Blue is the best and even the writers of the anime sees it as best color
>>
Only people who don't like Fairy are assblasted Dragon fuckers and little boys.
>>
File: tumblr_nahcpk2rQ31qmzs97o1_500.jpg (151 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nahcpk2rQ31qmzs97o1_500.jpg
151 KB, 500x500
>>26646730
Yeeeee
>>
Fairies ate my mother.
>>
Why do you think it wasn't pure Fairy to begin with? You don't think they just...y'know...forgot it existed, do you?
>>
>>26650121
It makes more sense as Normal/Fairy than Jigglypuff, honestly. Though I agree they probably did forget about it for the XY retyping.
>>
>>26646176
Swablu should have been flying(dragon)/fairy
And Audino should have been fairy.
>>
File: cgu.jpg (224 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
cgu.jpg
224 KB, 800x450
>>26644765
>sluagh used dazzling gleam
>slaugh used charm
>slaugh used sweet kiss ◕3◕ ~<3 chu! (>.<)kyaa!
Poor sluagh-kun it's almost bullying to make it a fairy type.
>>
>>26650829
Who's this cute semen demon?
>>
>>26650822
I'm glad they finally dropped the whole "any Flying type needs to have it as their secondary type" nonsense in Gen 6. There's probably a mon or two that would have Flying as their primary type, had they done it sooner.
>>
>>26650859
Dookie Shitmamura
>>
>>26650714
>It makes more sense as Normal/Fairy than Jigglypuff
Are you fucking high? Its literally a non-alien equivalent of Clefairy.
>>
They don't like retyping legends, fine. They don't want to retcon things too hard, fine.

I will never forgive them for not making at least just Celebi Grass/Fairy. It has fairy wings. Time travel can be more easily explained with magical powers than with psychic ones.
>>
>>26650887
I'll kick your ass faggot
>>
>>26651029
I never said Jigglypuff doesn't make sense as Normal/Fairy, just Audino makes more sense as part Normal since it looks even more like a regular animal than Jiggly.
>>
>>26643589
Only aromatisse is bad
>>
>>26644998
The point is that fairies are mischievous. Think Whimsicott
>>
>>26643426
>Fairy as a type is broken AF. It needs to loose a SE and gain a weakness. The weaknesses it has are bullshit balance-wise.

>None of the Fairy-type pokemon we have gotten have been any good. Every single one of them worth using relies on a broken ability or move to get anywhere. Non-Mega Gardevoir and Non-Mega Diancie are the best Fairies without such an ability or move, for reference. Just try to use a Xerneas in ubers without Geomancy, or a Sylveon without Pixilate. Go on, I dare you.

>Fairy being "dragonslayers" fell apart almost instantly when things like Garchomp found a use for one of their spare moveslots in Iron Head or Poison Jab, and "The Button" is still in use today. At best, they are a nuisance to the dragons they were supposed to counter. The only dragons that really suffered from them weren't problems to begin with.

I agree with what the Fairy-Type set out to do. It grouped together a few pokemon that were awkwardly categorized (though it picked up more than a few weirdos), and attempted to "fix" the meta. That's fine, continuity of Granbul's weaknesses be damned. However, the type has been implemented terribly, and stands as a stark example of the problems with Gen 6. Power creep and broken gimmicks solving the somewhat unbalanced meta of the past by nuking it from orbit.
>>
>>26646110
red obviously. it's just good color coordination.
>>
>>26654832
yeah it stands out
>>
>>26646050
Yaaas. We can always count on you
>>
>>26652867
>this Pokémon is only good because it has the tools that make a Pokémon good
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.