[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MUH STALL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 6
File: lol.png (153 KB, 516x335) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
153 KB, 516x335
When will smogon ban it?.Seriously.
>>
Never. Plus they're trapped in a loop where stall will forever dominate, because only the winners get to vote, and the winners are ofcourse stall players who will vote to make sure stall remains unbeatable. Unless you're a stall player you shouldn't play Smogon.
>>
>>26641918
>no one else wins but stall
>what is wallbreaker
>>
>>26641960
Something of which all the effective members are banned which is why stall is unbeatable currently?
>>
>>26642111
This.
>>
>smogonscrubs banning their precious braindead playstyle
good one
>>
>>26642244
This.

It's been that way since gen 4, better get used to it smogoncucks.
>>
Why do Smogon sheep force their rules on people who just want to have a casual battle? If i want to use Swagger or ProNinja i should be able to without having to out up with a bitchfest.
>>
>smogon
>relevant
>>
http://www.smogon.com/articles/ou-stallbreakers
:^)
>>
>>26642411
Even if smogon didn't exist I still wouldn't fight a swagger user. You're a cunt for using that strategy and I don't need a stupid rule set to know that.
>>
>>26642625
auto DC against stall users. the world doesnt end. news reporters dont show up asking why. already in another match 1 min later.
>>
>>26642625
>you are a faggot for not playing by my rules
>>
>>26641901
What is the definiative stall team?
>>
>>26642638
That's exactly what anti smogon underagefags say though :^). We all know the great majority of anti smogonites are shinofags or younger who never played competitively in shoddy or netbattle.
>>
>>26642625
>he can't deal with swagger
smogonbabies everyone
are you aware that the game offers countless ways to counter swagger ?
you probably don't know since you can't use moves that aren't listed in your copypaste teams
>>
>>26642773
>implying
Antismogon underagefags are so hilarious, please keep amusing me.
It's the only silver lining of summer having started, undderage fags come here in flocks and they're retarded as fuck.
>>
>>26642735
>We all know the great majority of anti smogonites are shinofags or younger who never played competitively in shoddy or netbattle.
Ironic, there are barely any old players left on Smogon because it doesn't take long to realize why it's garbage, especially now in an era where competitive play has moved far past irrelevant fanmade rules. I'm one of them.
>>
>>26642773
Other than lum berry there isn't a way to deal with it efficiently
>>
>>26642786
Nice arguments you got here faggot
>unironically using the summer meme
>>/b/
>>
>>26642805
What are you playing then? Moondeer and friends: the Meta?
>>
>>26642881
>simulatorbaby thinks VGC tournaments are the only official meta
everytime
>>
>>26641901

If you can't beat stall, then you need to git gud
>>
>>26642901
What else is there? Mega-Mom, Garchomp and Gengar: The Experience?
>>
>>26642955
Competitive play has popular Pokemon, who'd have thought?
>>
>>26642599
see pic in
>>26641901
>>
>>26642838
switch out, magic coat, safeguard to name a few.
>>
>>26642411
>>26642625
As someone who plays in AG, Swagger and Protean are nowhere near as annoying as Dark Void
>>
>>26642625
Christ, and people try to tell me competitive Pokémon ISN'T a joke when the players are mostly idiots like this.
>>
>>26642625
Funny how nobody gave a shit about Swagger until Smogon said it was bad.
>>
>>26642838
I just make sure my pokemon doesnt have 31 IV in attack, and has no points into attack.

I then use a pokemon with decent def/HP, and focuses on special attack for its offense.

Swagger barely touches this pokemon.
(I have a few that follow this build, but most ppl have special sweepers with special defense, rather than special attack with normal defense. (I carry a few pokemon like this.)
>>
>>26643233
Who the fuck runs magic coat. It's broken because almost any Pokemon can learn it.
>>
>>26644014
but not any pokemon is good at using it.
>>
>>26643992
>I use this Pokemon.

Care to be specific shock Pokemon?
>>
>>26643992
You mean clefable?
>>
>>26643992
Woah epic strategy
>>
>>26643992
>>26643233
You sound like Verisify
>>
>>26644049
Literally who
>>
>>26644070
Holy shit you are a newfag, he's hated pretty heavily here

TDLR
An anti Smogon fag furry (he wears a dog collar) with a retarded fanbase that praises vgc. He has created "OP" sets such as curse heavy slam Wailord or Rain Dance Assaut vest goodra
>>
>>26643233
>Switch out
You fags keep saying that, but this isn't actually a thing that can happen. All the opponent has to do is lay down sneaky stones and have priority in some way, and you're fucked. Swagger, attack, repeat.
>>
>>26642735
>>26642805
I started Pokemon with RBY. I'm 30 years old now. Netbattle was my first foray into internet Pokemon battling. I was a member of Smogon for years, and was a part of their "back room" during gen 4 and tried to help shape their rules and policies.

I can say without a doubt that I reject Smogon now as a waste of time.

Back in gen 4, they began to see that the old way the game somewhat balanced itself in gen 1, 2, and especially 3 (not perfect, but stable with minimal bans) no longer was working. Namely, stall no longer seemed to work like it used to, due to the physical/special split.

The anointed ones and the elites got together and tried to break Pokemon battles down to thier philosophical core. Efforts were made to try and find objective criteria for making bans, item policy, and what OU "should" look like, while staying truer to the source game than they had been up until that point. Pages and pages of essays were written and the whole thing was toiled over for months... and do you know what they discovered?

Nothing. The only semblance of objectivity would be to just copy whatever rules Gamefreak or Nintendo had in the various games, and they couldn't stomach that! So they admitted openly the only logical alternative: they would do whatever they wanted until OU looked like THEY wanted, stopping short of a full "secret club" dictatorship in order to implement "suspect tests" and voting (with requirements).

By the time the leaders of Smogon were getting tired of the tedious fairness of democracy, and had begun making endless voting rule changes to speed things up and get the results they wanted, gen 5 was underway and I gave up on them.

Now we have wifi battling of strangers on 3DS, ranked and unranked, in multiple flavors like Singles or Doubles. Now hatching 5IV Pokemon and getting them EV trained and to level 50 takes only a couple hours at most, instead of weeks. We don't need Smogon anymore.
>>
>>26644112
if he is a youtuber, i don't care about those here. take redditfags, tumblerfags etc discussion back to their place.
i wish immigrants would stop pretending they are the oldfags for knowing outside memes. seriously, its why we on 4chan hate you guys.
>>
>>26643233

Swagger wasn't the problem.

The problem was the combination of Prankster, Swagger, Thunder Wave, and Foul Play on Thundurus and Klefki.
>>
>>26642111
trips don't lie
>>
>>26644126
unless enemy has prankster a fast spinner can negate this kind of startegy. this really limits swagger use from 'any pokemon' to 'prankster pokemons'
>>
>>26644206
in that case only ban this very set.
>>
>>26642244
Stall is way less braindead than hyper offense.
Playing stall gives me a satisfaction desu.
Forcing others to a 300 turn match only to have them lose makes me happy.
I know it's not nice, but it just feels good.
>>
>>26642599
Only Manaphy actually works, and even then it is match-up dependent. The set they listed still has a hard time breaking through Chancy as Rest is usually required. And if you have rest, you are going to be walled by other mons on the stall team.

Togekiss can't beat Chansey either as Heal Bell is only 8 PP.

Heracross loses to Clefable and bravest birb

TTar gets fucked by both Hippowdon and the fact that it actually has to hit 2 stone edges in a row to do its job.

Tornadus requires you to outplay your opponent to actually break the stall since it hits so softly. Against someone of equal skill it will get wittled down and eventually beaten by CB Weavile or a scald burn or just predicting the switch in wrong and getting toxicd.

Basically that article was written by stall shitters to give people the illusion that stall isn't easily the best playstyle.
>>
>>26644206
yeah, prankster is pretty hard to deal with in general, but those two are just fucking notorious. I also strongly disliked the protect/shadow tag/perish song bs
>>
>>26644223
That's impossible anon. We can't ban speed boost for speed boost Blaziken
>>
>>26644229
I coded a program just so i could switch control to it when battles get repetitive. The thought of people like you thinking they are stalling someone when all they fool is themselves is priceless.
well, keep living in your dreams anon. I'm not one to ruin other's fun.
>>
>>26644229
>How to stall 101
>Pick stall mon
>Put on healing item
>Use recovery move
>Use protect
>Repeat
>Not brainless
>>
>>26644278
what about the combo of all?
>>
>>26644229
I fucking can't write how angry this post makes me. If this is bait good job

>>26644191
You're fucking with me right? He's made fun of the most here maybe behind Tamishii
>>
>>26644299
People find away anon. Look at the undress battle situation, they keep on tweaking it, because it's something you can't beat it's mess
>>
>>26644303
take youtubers discussion OUT. immigrents forcing their culture are the worse kind of immigrants.
>>
>>26644303
It's not bait.
I know I have a problem, but it's not like I'm really hurting anyone.
If they don't like it, they can just forfeit.
>>
>>26644278
Which is bullshit btw
>>
>>26644329
when you make the metagame shift to always have to prepare for a shitty fucking team that takes 20 minutes up, it totally ruins the possibilities that people could be running. its a cheap tactic that makes us all bored
>>
I really don't get why they love Stall so much, at least the Mods do anyway.
>>
I'll stop playing by Smogon rules when someone makes better tiers

Which so far haven't been done. Smogon's aren't great but it's better then VGCucks
>>
>>26642625
What a fucking baby. Fuck off you cunt.
>>
>>26644340
I have fun, isn't that what matters in the end?
>>
>Stall Team on showdown
>Waits for the timer to go to 10 seconds
>>
>>26644230
You don't blow your load all at once. You have to play pragmatically with your stallbreaker since it's the thing that opens up your win con.

>>26644230
The list of things Togekiss can't beat on stall comprises only nonstandard options. They are Taunt Talonflame, Jirachi, Zapdos, and SpDef Excadrill to name a few. Unaware Clef is the closest thing on standard stall to a wall for it, and that's only by PP stalling all Air Slashes.

Adamant Mega Heracross can break through Clef with a bit of prior damage since Rock Blast has a chance to 2HKO. But Clef isn't seen that much nowadays since ABR stall is the most common team, which Hera obliterates.

LO Torn-T does not hit softly. It's what I use and I beat stall pretty easily unless they happen to have a Zapdos.
>>
>>26644346
VGC doesn't ban whole moves and move-set/ablitiy combinations apart from OHKOs

So no Smogon are not any better and there are tons of people who could come up with better rules but Smogon is a cult that has pretty much taken over the Pokemon community.
>>
>>26644352
>If other people are trying to have fun then too bad because making everyone else bored is fun for me
Are you actually 12
I can slightly understand using stall from a competitive stand point but you should honestly consider suicide
>>
>>26644352
i guess if you think you're the center of the world, sure. you must have won many 'participation trophies' as a kid.
>>
>talking about smogon
>on 4chan
>>
can we all note the distinct difference between stall pokemon and entire stall teams? because having a check for a stall pokemon or two is doable, having a check for a whole fucking team and all of the gimmicks in meta... or you lose... is miserable
>>
>>26644381
>muh sekrit club XD
>>
>>26644371
VGC tournaments results all look the same because there is almost zero effort is balancing

But I suppose if you like seeing the exact same team over and over again (mind you even more then smogons teams somehow) then by all means enjoy it
>>
>>26644360
How in the world does Togekiss beat Chansey? Between Softboiled and Toxic, Togekiss runs out of PP for Air Slash or Heal Bell.
>>
>>26644377
I'm the center of my world.
>>
Smogon just wants everything to be like Gen2, Stall wars and leftovers on everything
>>
>>26644354
Now that is just Showderp tier funbro tactics.

I actually ladder faster with stall since I win more, don't have to think as much (so I can plan turns faster), and get more quits so my games are usually shorter. It is only when matched up against other stall that my games take longer.
>>
>>26644416
>How in the world does Togekiss beat Chansey?
>+6 0 SpA Togekiss Air Slash vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 193-228 (30 - 35.5%) -- 26.4% chance to 3HKO
this.
All you need are two flinches in a row, a 36% chance.
>>
>>26644432
>+6

The fuck?
>>
>>26644416
>>26644458
Nasty Plot
>>
>>26644458
between rest and heal bell, chansey can't kill it directly so you can nasty plot up.
>>
>>26644469
>>26644470
Sure man but that's only if Chansey isn't running calm mind. I mean while we are talking about shitty sets that don't work
>>
>>26644352
I think you're a sadist
>>
>>26644517
Chansey doesn't run Calm Mind. If you ever see one that does, you're at the bottom of the ladder and you can breathe a sigh of relief you're facing a retard.
>>
>>26644517
>I mean while we are talking about shitty sets that don't work
Huh? Since fucking when is Stallbreaker Togekiss a shitty set that doesn't work? God damn I hate fucking faggots that don't know shit but try to talk anyway.
>>
ok but why don't you guys just ladder up with stall and start taking command of changes. if you're number 1 on the ladder, ppl will listen to you. if there are a dozen of you in the top 20, then even more can listen.

instead of whining about the system, abuse it to make the changes you want.

alternatively you could just play UU.
>>
>>26644600
Every tier has a stall person on top.
>>
>>26644664
yeah man, skarmory is really fucking up the 200 metagame
>>
>>26641901
Hoopa-U should be unbanned to take of stallfaggotry.
>>
>>26644664

1) source
2) still more fun than OU because most people in UU recognize stall as cancer and usually don't run it, though crocune is never going away despite how absolutely terrible it is.
>>
>>26644728
It has been posted several times on this board. look for yourself.
>>
>>26644728
His source is probably that user pokemonisfun topped several tier ladders (not sure if it was all the standard tiers) with stall a little while ago. It was before Quag and Amoong got put in OU, since he usually used Quag.

And many people recognize stall as cancer. It's just that in OU you have the most useful stall mons courtesy of Skarm-Chan availability.
>>
>>26644664
Only because lower tiers have much smaller playerbase and their best players are all tourneyfags who refuse to ladder. OU leeches so many defensive mons and leaves so little good ones in lower tiers that it's not possible to make a consistent stall team that doesn't abuse lower playerbase quality and 90% of teambuilding in those tiers going towards being as anti-offensive as possible.
As for why stall is so absurd in OU ladder - with only 6 team slots it's not possible to simultaneously cover all offensive threats your team may struggle with and pack enough wallbreaking power to break through stall teams. Even on higher ladder most people opt to forgo the latter and forfeit against every stall team they encounter for sake of having any fun, as the alternative of being weaker to offensive threats would make them autolose even more games. Teams that do not autolose to majority of offensive and defensive teams are extremely hard to build. If you don't want to copypaste them, you'll have to use multiple wallbreakers and hope to outplay your offensive opponents on every single turn to win.

Do you think extending lineups to 7 Pokemon slots would fix it? Or something like "bring 10, have 2 banned by opponent, pick 6 out of remaining 8, then team preview"? The matchup situation is honestly pretty cancerous and the only other solution would be banning M-Sableye to completely kill the concept of using (semi-)stall in OU.
>>
>>26644841
The answer to both offensive teams and defensive teams is fat balance. It's what I use on the high ladder and do well with. Of course every team has some glaring flaws, but how you cope with that is what makes you good.

At the same time, I don't think Mega Sableye is that much of a problem even if it is the face of stall. What I have a problem with is Chansey. Considering it walls over half the game, it's a real chore to break.
>>
The issue with stall is that without a dedicated stallbreaker like CB Tar, TG Mana, LO Torn to some degree, you can lose the game at team preview because it can be straight unwinable between players of equal skill.
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 640x360
>>26642805
This.

I was playing singles competitively during (late) gen 3 and gen 4 and dropped out after I realised the ban slippery slope is only going to get worse from now on. I also hated their conscending attitude towards the cart players (despite playing almost exclusively on net/shoddy myself) and the mod/badged user circlejerk that turned even the nicest threads into their personal chatrooms.

Nowadays I play occasionally on Battle Spot and in IRL tournaments (not VGC though since there arent any where I live) and honestly I like it better that way. I don't even have a need for their strategy dex and guides anymore since I can mostly figure out everything by myself anyway.
>>
>>26644157
>couple of hours
Not for me, anon :^)
>>
>>26644417
probably why people don't like you, myself included
>>
>>26644600

>UU is effectively last Gen's OU
>Almost every UU mon is viable in OU in some fashion due to this

I wonder how possible it would be to assemble an OU team entirely out of UU components and not have it suck?
>>
>>26647550
It's 100% possible. I've used my UU team in OU high ladder before and did well with it.

Here's a UU team (not mine) that would succeed:
Cobalion
Jirachi
Gyarados
Chandelure
Sylveon
Mega Blastoise

You've got so many options.
>>
>>26644600
UU is the same dozen or so Pokemon just like OU, every Smogon tier is like that.
>>
>>26641901

>Go to Watch a Battle on PS
>Keep refreshing until you see a battle that's 1650+ ELO
>Every fucking time, either one or both of the battlers is using fat pink stall shit

Report to mods every time you see it. It's time to kick a kike's ass out of town.
>>
>each smogon tier has a total of 30 to 40 A ranked Pokemon
>if we include Ubers there are 6 regular singles tiers
>this means out of all 721 Pokemon a third or so are perfectly viable in one of smogons tiers

Why do you hate Smogon again?
>>
>>26642679

Chansey, M-Sableye, Amoonguss, Quagsire, Skarmory, filler (some people use really unusual mons in this spot like Weavile/Tyranitar).

Of course there's room for a little variety. Maybe a different bulky water like Alomomola, different bulky Grass like M-Venusaur or AV Tangrowth. The basics are always there though.
>>
>>26644229

You've just described an autistic person.

>But I am autistic!

I know, you faggot.
>>
>>26644340
>>26644343

They're like that one faggot in your group of friends who joins a fencing league instead of going paintballing or playing touch football. They probably think it's a refined, gentlemanly battle style, but everyone else knows they're faggots.

Except with stall players you can't just let them be faggots while the big boys have some fun. You have to interact with them when you're trying to have fun.

I've gone way beyond advocating a ban of a single pokemon like M-Sableye or something. I want a full-on stall clause to really fuck these autistic nerds who can't handle losing.
>>
>>26644299
Why make a complex ban when the simple banning of swagger achieves the same result, swagger isn't used in other situations and you are simply lying if you tell me otherwise.
>>
Smogon needs to ban Mega Sableye.

That would hurt a lot of stall teams.
>>
>>26642679
Mega Sableye/Shedinja/Togekiss/Talonflame/Seismitoad/Dugtrio caused a lot of butthurt and was depressingly popular since it was easy to play.

As for a more generic stall team, Start with Mega Sableye. Then add some stuff that deals with Clefable well, Like Specially defensive Talonflame with Taunt or maybe Heatran. Then throw on an Amoongus or Quagsire to shit on Azumarill. Round out your team with bullshit that can force switches and get hazards up, like Skarmory, Chansey/Blissey, and Jirachi.

There you have it, Sableye/Heatran, Amoongus/Skarmory/Blissey/Jirachi. You have all the most annoying shit on 1 team. you have Sableye with Fairy counters, you have your Skarmbliss core, you even have Jirachi for Flinching and Wish/Protect shenanigans, or even wish-passing to Heatran or Sableye. Sableye and Heatran burn fucking everything with wil-o-wisp/Lava Plume while your other guys sit back and wait for them to die.
>>
>>26650510

Too bad every stallfag in the community got reqs during the M-Sableye suspect to vote no ban.

When it's Shadow Tag they'll suspect that shit three times, even cheating to get the desired outcome. But I guarantee you we'll never so much as catch a whiff of another M-Sableye suspect. Or, you know, a Genesect retest. Or a Hoopa-U retest.

We're fucked until SM comes out.
>>
>>26644229
This must be bait because holy fucking shit
>Stall
>Not brainless

Literally all I need to do is use Chancey/Audino/Clefable/any other pink blob pokemon and run THIS set:
>Wish
>Heal Bell
>Toxic
>Protect
to get a stall going on. It's brainless, there's no strategy to it.
>>
>>26650582

Actually, it usually isn't just Amoonguss or Quagsire. They both check Azumarill but Unaware Quag is much needed for setup sweepers like Zard X in particular. Quag also deals with offensive Talonflame whereas Amoonguss can't.
>>
>>26644229

This

Hyper offense is literally

-Pick OUmons
-4 attack moves
-Mega stone, life orb or choice item
-Press A to win

I can see why people get mad at stall but if set up makes you mad, ban dragon dance swords dance and all the other statistic moves too.
>>
>>26650618

>What is a physical attacker

You almost had me
>>
>>26641901
How do those two names relate to stall teams?
>>
>>26650476
Stall players think offense it "Press Outrage = instant win"

Offense players think stall is "Press Will-o-wisp or toxic and fuck around switching nad using Roost for two-hundred turns = instant win"

The difference is, stall players think they're smarter because their games last longer and believe that the longer game makes it harder to play, when really it isn't since if they fuck up, they have 200 turns to recover, while if an offense fag fucks up they lose next turn since they only planned on the battle lasting about 12-20 turns at best anyway.

Really, stall people are worse. They have a superiority complex, but then again, seemingly everyone does these days. No one wants to admit they suck, ever. Everyone thinks they are a temporarily embarrassed champion who is only a couple victories form the top. I think I just hate competitive video game people, even though I love the game.
>>
>>26650710
>Implying most "competitive" players aren't dumb enough to fall for it

But fine, if you want options, read >>26650582
>>
>>26650728

Stall is literally chess

Offense is literally tic tac toe
>>
>>26642111
This. Look at the BL tiers. How many pokemon deemed "to powerful" for a given tier would work as Wallbreakers? How many of them are just shy of being able to effectivly wallbreak the tier above them? Is it a coincidence that BL 1 has Mega Heracross, Diggersby, and Terrakion, each one capable of smashing through the likes of Cressilia, Blissey, and Crocune, yet are suspiciously kicked upstairs?
As a counter point, how many wall pokemon are in Bl tiers? Exactly one, Shuckle in BL 2.

The recent drop of Aggron, and Kyurem Black are the only wallbreakers currently in the correct spots. Aggron won't last two months before going to BL3 with Sawk, I guarantee it. Kyurem Black is where it is only because everyone knows it is awful, and kicking it upstairs to Ubers would cause a riot.

I agree with a lot of the stuff Smogon does, Sleep clause, Evasion clause, all that stuff I live and breathe. But even I know that stall has a massive bias, and the movement of pokemon through tiers is sometimes in opposition to common opinion on the forums, yet in line with stall.
For Hoopa-U, as an example, the common opinion was that it was too much of a one-trick pony to warrant a ban. If Hoopa was on a team, it was wallbreaking, and broadcasted that loud and clear, yet it was kicked upstairs by a majority of those eligible to vote.
>>
>>26642786
I have never seen someone so bitchier and as much of an autist as you. I'm not agreeing with any side here but god damn dude, its a childrens game. Also instantly calling someone a child and saying oh great heres the summer fags without actually arguing using facts or other statements. leave. just go. No one likes you in real life and no one is going to like here. fuck off. I've been here since before /vp/ or tr as a containment board was even created. so go ahead respond with "NNNNnnnnnnhhhuh Fecking Summerfriends!?!?!??!!11"
>>
>>26650795
literally
>>
>>26650728

This. I have another theory that stall is objectively less competitive than other playstyles, or even just straight up uncompetitive on its own. And that's because when you draw out a battle for that many turns, you see a lot more hax. You'll be on the giving and receiving end of grits, freezes, parahax, etc.

Whereas in a hypothetical 15-20 turn battle between two offensive teams, it's entirely possible to go from the first to last turn without seeing ANY hax. Thus it's as competitive as possible, albeit not 100% competitive because matchup issues still exist. But it's still preferable. May the best combatant win, no hax. Maybe sorry for that inconsequential U-Turn crit on your Azumarill or something.

It doesn't even matter than the stall player can be on the losing end of the hax throughout a 100 turn battle. All that matters is it's more uncompetitive than other playstyles because simple statistics show that hax is more likely to rear its ugly head over a 200 turn match than an 18 turn match.
>>
>>26650885
>projecting this hard
Amusing. Bro, you're the one bitching. It's not my problem you have affective issues, go to a specialist.
>>
>playing OU

There's your Problem, OP. Playing the easiest regular tier. We don't take shit from stally teams in RU.
>>
>>26644157
I hear you, bro. Gen V and VI are retarded to me, but the ones bitching without reason and spewing memes are usually underage shinofags who didn't live the time when smogon was needed and thus have no respect for it as a concept.
>>
>ou
I am laughing at your shitty politics
>>
>>26650838
I don't follow your first paragraph. You act as though those BL mons can't break OU stall, when they can. LO Terrak can 2HKO everything on stall after Stealth Rock damage. LO Diggersby's only real counters in the game are Mega Slowbro and Avalugg. Adamant Mega Heracross can 2HKO everything on stall bar Clefable, but even Rock Blast does 44% min, which is to say it can 2HKO after rocks.

Kyurem-B is far from awful, and has no definitive counter to handle every one of its sets.

Stall's bias is that there isn't real criteria for organizing a ban, since it's not like there aren't switch-ins or anything. Mega Sableye was suspected because in combination with Gothitelle, it was over-centralizing with people having to run obscure shit like Shed Shell Manaphy to try and cope. The reason M-Sab wasn't banned was that there was no real problem with it. But there is a problem with stall in general, of which it spearheads.

I'd rather have Chansey (and Blissey by extension to avoid a runaround) banned. Stall can go ahead and use Audino in its place, since that's simpler to deal with considering it doesn't outright wall half the game.
>>
>>26650341
Because the drones force their rules on people who just want causal battles.
>>
>>26651121
Is that the most fun lower tier? I've never tried RU, I mostly play PU.
>>
>>26651161
Post plat. outrage meta was pretty annoying too
>>
File: Darth Googly.jpg (128 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Darth Googly.jpg
128 KB, 1600x1200
>>26651272
>Smogon rules are only really enforced on Showdown
>Nowhere else
>You can play on card in whichever way you want
>You can even do so on Showdown, if you go for AG
>Le Smogon forces me to play their way
Try harder next time.
>>
File: HNI_0031.jpg (48 KB, 309x385) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0031.jpg
48 KB, 309x385
>>26645039
My nigger.
>>
>>26652395
What's a good online pokemon simulator without smogon rules?
>>
>>26652715
Pokemon online, I guess. But of course they'll have their own set of rules. And to be honest, you'll probably run into the same pokemon on either Pokemon Online or Showdown.
>>
>>26652395
I didn't say Smogon the site itself does but rather the people who follow their rules. Try using anything Mon or move banned by them and people chuck a hissy fit or just DC.
>>
>>26653152
You can't use banned stuff on Showdown anyway. At best you can be a dick and hax yourself to victory, but other than that...sure there are a lot of underagers on Showdown, especially in OU, but you can ignore them.
If you play on card and someone disconnects because you used something that's not Smogon OU, then, well, you've probably found a (man)child, or a sore loser. You can easily go on and just find someone else to play with. And as long as you don't turn on the in-game voicechat, you won't hear anything from anyone.
>>
Who cares about tiers or rules?
Just play whatever you feel like, that includes Swagger, Mega Fug, whatever. No one actually gives a shit, it's fucking Pokemon.
>>
>>26641901
>Playing with smogon ruleset

There's your problem. Normally, I'd say just play VGC, but that's it own shitfest right now. Sucks trying to play competitively and two formats are shit.
>>
>>26644229
I fell like this too, i just really enjoy having so long battles and i think its 100% worth the time, i find it fun and it makes me people happy. Honestly, just because you don't like stall doesn't mean they have to ban it, stall isn't broken, you can win if you aren't dumb.
>>
File: u wot.jpg (35 KB, 374x305) Image search: [Google]
u wot.jpg
35 KB, 374x305
>mfw i follow smogon on twitter
>mfw i see them post articles like "Best Pokemon to beat stall"
>mfw i still see faggots whining about how smogon loves stall
>>
>>26652715
Anything Goes
>>
>>26654617
I think the only rule still enforced there is Funbro.

That is a rule I think everyone can agree on.
>>
>>26641901
>PDC
>STALL PLAYER
No, you're an idiot
>>
Okay, here's a thing that could fix smogon:

Make a new tier between OU and UU: CU (Commonly Used).

The dead weight of OU and the top threats of UU go to CU, together with the BL1 mons, while some of the lower über stuff can drop down to OU. This way OU is a bit smaller and it's easier to prepare for stuff.

y/n?
>>
>>26654676
It's pretty easy to counter funbro though.
>>
>>26642625
Just switch out you stupid fuck.
Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.