[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will we ever get a starter pokemon not modeled after real life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1462911990007.png (1 MB, 813x1185) Image search: [Google]
1462911990007.png
1 MB, 813x1185
Will we ever get a starter pokemon not modeled after real life animals?
>>
>>26639230
what animal is bulbasaur again
>>
>>26639230
no.
>>
>>26639245
Toad
>>
>>26639230

Chikorita? Sure Bayleaf/Meganium are dinosaurs but chikorita is juts a fucking bean with legs.
>>
>>26639254
but it isn't at all
>>
>>26639247
I don't see why.

Look at Eevee is a generic quadriped mammal not modeled after existing animals.

They coudl make animal starters based not exactly on real animals.

>>26639259
You're kinda right there, the first form looks just like a pear, but it eventually evolves into a dinosaur.
>>
>grass starters are prehistoric animals
>fire starters are zodiac animals
>water starters are animals with amphibious lifestyles
Safe to say no, OP.
>>
>>26639271
ah yes the prehistoric hedgehog and owl
>>
>>26639290
That hedgehog becomes a glyptodon you miserable waste of life.
Also we only know the first form of Rowlet, it'll probably become something prehistoric later on.
>>
>>26639352
it becomes a larger hedgehog, stop seeing things that don't exist.
>>
>>26639366
>has a shell
>"hedgehog"
Did you even go to school
>>
>>26639271
>fire starters are zodiac animals
Porcupines, foxes and salamanders are a part of the zodiac now?
>>
>>26639230
What is that pendulum effect even
why would you take a risky draw over popping one of your pals
>>
>>26639468
>blatantly disregarding the existence of charizard just to support their moronic response
>cyndaquil is called a fire mouse Pokemon in the pokedex
>pretending a fox isn't close enough to a dog to still work

Your intentional neglect of obvious facts makes me feel like I'm arguing with a creationist.
>>
>>26639529
Charizard is not a starter, charmander is, and zard was not a dragon at the moment of it's creation.
Mice aren't in the zodiac either, and they don't look like porcupines either.
Fennec Foxes are not the same species as dogs.

No, I'm not a creationist, I'm a scientologist.
>>
>>26639529
Don't get me wrong I agree with the first 2 but a fox isn't a dog
>>
File: the face of a dying company.png (143 KB, 242x283) Image search: [Google]
the face of a dying company.png
143 KB, 242x283
>no quotes on "perpaformal"
>>
>>26639271
>grass starters are prehistoric animals
This is always the silliest one. The Water one is just assinine, given how water types work in Pokemon, and the Water Weapon is of course just bait.

But the "grass starters are prehistoric animals" idea is especially silly because it's one of those things that sounds like an insightful idea. Until you think about it. And realize, due to how evolution works, literally every animal on the planet has a prehistoric antecedent. That literally would not exist if there wasn't. It's like saying "all animal-based Pokemon are based off of animals that have existed on earth."
>>
>>26639529
>pretending a fox isn't close enough to a dog to still work
It's not, though. You might as well say a Lion is a Tiger. They're both cats, but come on.
>>
>>26639566
>Scientologist? You know that's all made up right?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.