[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that Professor Kukui studies pokemon moves, meaning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: professor.png (125 KB, 253x599) Image search: [Google]
professor.png
125 KB, 253x599
Reminder that Professor Kukui studies pokemon moves, meaning we'll see a big change in how moves work in the game.

I'm guessing there will be more dual type moves, including the fire/dark Marshadow.
>>
>>26638327
>inb4 barafags ruin the thread
>>
>>26638327
>meaning we'll see a big change in how moves work
>implying professors do anything meaningful besides giving you your dex
>implying what they study isn't just flavor text

rowan studied the energy pokemon give off during evolution, juniper studied the origins of pokemon (iirc), but nothing that actually changed how the game works
>>
>>26638338
>>
File: Tyranitar calls in a sandstorm.jpg (108 KB, 800x702) Image search: [Google]
Tyranitar calls in a sandstorm.jpg
108 KB, 800x702
What are the best dual-type combinations for moves, theoretically?
>>
>>26638357
All of them had something to do with something the generation introduced though.

Rowan studied evolution because of all the cross-gen evolutions. Sycamore studied mega evolution because mega evolution was introduced that gen.

I don't remember the justification for the others but you get the idea.
>>
>>26638357
>Elm studies eggs
>we get breeding
>Burch studies pokemon in the field and how they behave/act
>we get abilities, terrain dependent moves and EVs/IVs/natures
>Rowan studies evolution
>mass influx of new evolution methods and cross gen evos
>Sycamore studies mega evolution in the game that introduced it
>>
>>26638357
4th gen had the highest proportion of previous evolutions in any game. It introduced new ways of evolving pokemon as well.

5th gen was a reboot, so it makes sense that the professor studied the origins. The plot also involved that original dragon stuff.
What they study isn't just flavour text, they function as the ambassador to the new generation. I can give more examples.

>>26638338
REEEEE
>>
>>26638384
Actually good question here. I know steel/fairy is technically the best defensive type.

Maybe a ice/electric since bolt/beam is so good together.

Normal ghost would be weird but cool as fuck
>>
>>26638419
Ice/Electric and Normal/Ghost wouldn't be the best offensive combo of a single move because there are types that are immune to one or the other (and therefore would be immune to the entire move).
>>
>>26638384
>>26638419
Apparently it's ice/ground, but this guy doesn't take levitate into account or average BST for offensive moves.

The best offensive combo that doesn't include ground is fighting/rock which could make for a really cool design.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/68643088

Normal poison is the worst dual type, unsurprisingly.

Otherwise I can't really think of what kind of big change they would make to pokemon moves.
>>
>>26638327
FIVE MOVES
I
V
E

M
O
V
E
S

/meta
>>
>>26638470
Isn't that just talking about two move, though? A single move with two types has different effectiveness than having two moves of the individual types. Ice and Ground is the best coverage because Ice can cover Flying types, but Ice+Ground can't hit Flying types at all.
>>
File: tumblr_o716i6TCjl1tg0go2o1_500.jpg (76 KB, 449x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o716i6TCjl1tg0go2o1_500.jpg
76 KB, 449x750
Did someone say Kukui?
>>
>>26638482

Or better yet the ability to have two sets of moves per Pokemon and switch between them at Pokemon Centers.
If the second set of moves includes HM moves, that Pokemon can use the move in the overworld even if it's not the active set.
>>
>>26638506
cuckui.wmv
>>
File: g9H4QPg.gif (3 MB, 696x528) Image search: [Google]
g9H4QPg.gif
3 MB, 696x528
>>26638327
>Professor Kukui studies pokemon moves
>Professor Sycamore studied Mega Exolution which led to said gimmick

It's obvious that the bracelets will add another dimension to Pokemon moves. Maybe the gimmick is activating Duel type moves for your entire team?
>>
>>26638502
A shit you're right, it wouldn't properly take immunities into account the way he did it.
Still gives us some idea.

>>26638550
That wouldn't change too much but it would be convenient.

>>26638720
Yeah that's possible. I've kind of just assumed the bracelets are mega stones with a new backstory and design, but given how prominent they are so far that's possible.
>>
>>26638506
if you, you're disgusting and sad.
if someone else, they're disgusting and sad.
>>
>>26638327
>scald is now water/fire
>punches are now part fighting
I'm okay with this.
>>
>>26638399
But ev and iv exist since gen 1
>>
Clearly you're not thinking of "moves" the right way.
Obviously this is hinting at a new dance mechanic that will be featured in these gsmee, much like beauty contests.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.