[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I know this game sucks because the rental pokémon are shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
So, I know this game sucks because the rental pokémon are shit and the battles are slow as fuck, but, putting this aside, why this game was criticized on it's release?

>inb4 console game thread
>>
>>26635120
>lists the reasons the game was criticized
>asks why the game was criticized
>>
>>26635120
You basically need the DS versions to do anything on it.
>>
Some people thought they were going to get Stadium, which they didn't.
Some people thought they were going to get Colosseum/XD, which they didn't.
>>
>>26635146
I don't think Battle Revolution was that bad, even with the reasons OP listed.
>>
I enjoyed it to battle online. I just wish there was something to DO in it, you know? Some sort of proper campaign or minigames or something.
A battle simulator by itself isn't worth it, I can battle just fine with my handheld game.
>>
early demos showed cool shit like destructable environments which weren't included in the final game
>>
>>26635120
In Pokemon Stadium, you and a friend could get drunk and fight each-other with rentals. I knew several people who played and enjoyed the shit out of that game without ever uploading their mons.

Trying the same for Revolution was pain. Battle Revolution was only an extension to hardcore pokemon fans. Casuals couldn't raise pokemon strong enough to participate effectively. This was compounded by the difficulty jump of later stadiums. There wasn't much middle-ground, either it was an OHKO fest versus NFE's, or struggling against fully evolved, perfectly raised mons with actual movesets and strategies.

Battle Revolution was not a game friendly to casuals, and suffered for that.

No Origin Form Giratina was inexcusable as well.
>>
>>26635120
I like the atmosphere of the battles, even if they were long as fuck.

>>26635191
The online mode was actually playable, something really uncommon to any Wii game. And they did a "random battle" mode, which they should have made in the actual portable versions.
>>
File: Mysterial.png (94 KB, 782x613) Image search: [Google]
Mysterial.png
94 KB, 782x613
>>26635120
there is no customisation for online play at all. Enjoy having your life destroyed by choice scarf Kyogre's

That said, it does actually have the most menacing fight in possibly the whole franchise, so I gotta give it credit for that
>>
>>26635231
>>26635221
So, are you guys saying this game sucks because it's actually hard? Even if the difficulty was something forced into it?
>>
It was rushed out for JP Wii launch but was supposed to be much more ambitious with a Colo/XD style story mode and more detailed animations and shit like certain moves causing arena destruction.
>>
I enjoyed the difficulty, but that is one of the reasons it didn't do well. The Stadium games gave an entire series of Gym Leader Castle Battles and cups that you could beat satisfyingly before they brought out the big guns in round 2. Revolution, they gave you the first stadium or two, then it was hit-your-pants hard from then on.

Remember, a lot of people don't even know that Natures alter stats. The game was structured around only Pokewizards. There was nothing here for people not ready to learn competitive pokemon battling.
>>
>>26635325
I just used my in-game Diamond team and I beat everything fine back in the day.
>>
>>26635120
What I really hate this game is that because of its poor reception we never got any more games for consoles until Pokkén.
>>
Who gives a shit.

It had trainer customisation and fantastic music. Anybody who hated it had poor taste.

https://youtu.be/SwlzjsrCz0Y
>>
>>26635283
posting trailer to support your post:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO4Lyc4NoFQ

>that discrepancy between trailer and final game
>>
>fucking around online with a doubles team of two Ditto, a Metapod, and a Magikarp on the foggy castle stage
>somehow manage to take out 3/4 of someone's team
>their last mon is an Umbreon that can only confuse my Magikarp
>they forfeit after a few turns of Splash
I laughed too hard that day.
>>
A)Unplayable by itself. You needed to have 4th gen games.
B)No patching to account for Platinum content so it got outdated really fast.
C)Less content then any previous console battle game.
>>
>>26635258

Only hard core fags which make up maybe 3% of the fan base could actually get anything out of what little content there was. That's the issue. Casuals could be carried by their improperly trained ubers for round 1 but it locks you into Round 2 once you beat it at which point the game becomes unplayable for them.
>>
>>26635347

For round 1 sure.

Try even getting close to unlocking the fight against the final fight with mysterio, let alone beating it with your in game team.
>>
It was the only pokemon hame where you can play as a bara

;-; they should include that in the main games
>>
>>26635732
I use my copy of Platinum on mine, are you sure you're not thinking of My Pokémon Ranch? PBR just doesn't have Giratina and Shaymin formes
>>
>>26635816

I said no patches to account for Platinum content. I:E those formes. Platinum just tells the game that its actually Diamond version.
>>
>>26635120
because it's just a glorified battle simulator, and not really much of a fucking game.
>>
the fact that this game got rushed
is that the reason we will never get another console Pokemon game again in the same vein as Stadium or Colloseum/XD?
>>
>>26635120
>the battles are slow as fuck

t. Gen Z that never played the game
>>
>>26635925

It was if you liked to use contact moves.
>>
>>26635925
was it Rollout that had a like 20 minute scene for it? Holy shit, I'm only remembering this now, so I might have the wrong move
>>
because it's completely devoid of content. you're required to use DP, and if you don't have those there is no game.
unfortunately even WITH them there's barely a game. it's a fucking glorified battle simulator slash tech demo. they made a bunch of plastic ass models mostly recycled from colloseum, and it was slow and boring. everything was wrong with it. everything. if your opinion of revolution isnt that it was shitty and devoid of content, you're an idiot and a shill.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.