[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New chapter is out http://club.shogakukan.co.jp/book/d etai
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 11
New chapter is out

http://club.shogakukan.co.jp/book/detail-book/book_group_id/341/

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?651144-August-Plot-Discussion&p=18044141#post18044141
>>
Ugh. Adventures has been a trainwreck ever since BW1 end.

Kusaka is going on fucking suicide watch with how fast GF has been pumping games out. Multitasking BW2, XY, ORAS, with SM to come must be a fucking nightmare, and the plots of all arcs have suffered greatly in quality because of it.
>>
>>26632784
did they die?
what is this
>>
File: Sapphire shows off her Cloyster.png (394 KB, 450x560) Image search: [Google]
Sapphire shows off her Cloyster.png
394 KB, 450x560
>>26632818
They disintegrated. They were in the disortion world follow by the sinjoh ruins witnessing the creation of the dragons. Also found the mega evolutions at Kanto.
>>
>>26632812

the only good saga was RS. the rest is shit. people like it becuase muh arbok in half and muh tajiri blessing evn though he must have never ead more than the first chapter
>>
>>26632861
Talk about a fucking copout. They outright died.

I guess Kusaka wasn't expecting this shit to last long enough that Gen III would actually get remade and he'd have to revisit the characters.
>>
>>26632784
Good fucking riddance. Complete disgrace to the original Maxie and Archie from RSE chapter. Kusaka couldn't even be bothered to write them the same as he did back then.
>>
goddamn, PokeSpe is such shit right now.
>>
>>26632784
>Hokage
Literally Naruto.
>>
I quite enjoyed the amount of great Fug faces in this chapter.
>>
>>26633257

of course you did meme shitlord
>>
I haven't been paying attention. Did they say where they got new Blue and Red Orbs, since the originals were destroyed to make the Ruby and Sapphire in the FRLG chapters?
>>
>>26633310
Yes. The Ruby and Shapire had reformed into their original Orb forms, and they stole them back from Bill.
>>
>adventures isn't edgy they said
>>
File: 1461085909336.png (52 KB, 279x165) Image search: [Google]
1461085909336.png
52 KB, 279x165
>>26632945
>not enjoying the glorious manzai infused chapter of DP
>liking the arc with the worst dexholders
>>
>>26633543
you know what? I can't even defend it anymore.
>>
>>26633547
I only liked Ruby, Sapphire is a 12 y/o girls self insert and Emerald is literally who
>>
>die due to the strains of using the red/blue orb
>souls or whatever gets sent to the distortion world somehow
>make it back to the real world through portals
>die again the same way
>>
>>26633609
Ruby's irredeemable shit after ORAS anyways.
>>
>>26632987
The best part is they didn't even accomplish anything, so they were brought back through a huge asspull with completely backwards personalities for nothing.
>good writing
>>
>>26632784
>Oh wow. So it seems that Archie and Maxie were the real things after all. After they 'died' previously, their consciousness entered the Distorted World. At one point, they became one (that probably explains why they had an interchange of personality). When an opening to the Distortion World was created (the time Giratina entered it after the Sinjoh events, which proves that ORAS takes place after HGSS), the two heard a calling from Groudon and Kygore. Somehow the took form as humans again in Kanto, obtained Mega Evolution (it doesn't explain how) and the rest is history. In this chapter we see the two of them disintegrating because time is up.

>Nothing much regarding Giovanni, Red and Blue actually. Giovanni simply points out that with the combined efforts of the titans they barely managed to destroy a small asteroid, which means they obviously can't handle the bigger one. Ruby and Sapphire manage to figure out that Rayquaza needs to Mega Evolve. And Zinnia returns.

Giovanni feels like an after-thought, why is he here?
We haven't even seen any of the Hoenn Gym Leaders (Norman aside), yet for some reason the Frontier Brains got a cameo despite not even being in ORAS.
>>
>>26632861
>May these last few chapters
Kusaka must have been holding back a fap while drawing all of this. that kind of thing helps lewd creation.
>>
File: why.png (9 KB, 85x109) Image search: [Google]
why.png
9 KB, 85x109
Christ, PokeSpe went down the shitter even further.
>>
>>26633609
Ruby is one of the biggest Sues along with Yellow and Platinum.

Have you forgottent that fucking deus ex machina Celebi
>>
>>26634248
Yellow's at least cute____, and Platinum did get a bit of character development.

Ruby regressed from Emerald to ORAS.
>>
>>26633665
Wait, if this Archie and Maxie are the real ones, then who are the Admins? Did they just recruit new ones and give them the old ones' codenames? Why fucking bother?
>>
>>26636094
Kusaka is heavily autistic and needs to feature absolutely everything from the games including remakes no matter how irrelevant or forced it may feel. Don't you know that he also makes sure to showcase every single new move at least once?
>>
Reminder the only good parts of PokeSpe were RGB and DP
>>
>>26636178
>not liking GSC
>>
>>26636178
>RGB
>good
>joke battles
>Pokémon Tower's full edge in an otherwise comedic romp
>mystical badge power fuses the legendary birds together in an ungodly abomination
I can forgive some things since the games barely had any material to work with, and a few ideas were cool like TR-affiliated gym leaders (particularly anything regarding Blaine and Mewtwo) and even the evolution-switching Eevee, but those other things were shit.
>>
>>26633665
>At one point, they became one

That's gay
>>
>>26636221
>Liking idiot static designated heroes Gold and Krys

Because starting out with a full team is such a great way to develop a trainer, right?
>>
>>26636706
>implying characters like Gold with negative trait that don't get "fixed" by the end are bad characters
The meme that a character needs to be a completely different person by the end of a story needs to die. And Pearl was pretty much the same character too.
>>
>>26634060
For this reason the ashnime still exists
>>
>>26636809
Let me rephrase:
>Liking idiot designated heroes who take things for granted and tend to have everything handed to them
>>
File: tumblr_ngnbemhASB1rou9aio1_1280.jpg (133 KB, 600x811) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ngnbemhASB1rou9aio1_1280.jpg
133 KB, 600x811
>>26636353
Absolutely<spoiler> lewd</spoiler> and <spoiler>confirmed canon.</spoiler>
>>
File: 1310478936313.jpg (50 KB, 290x307) Image search: [Google]
1310478936313.jpg
50 KB, 290x307
>>26636809
>dynamic characters
>a meme
>>
>>26636809
>all characters have to be robots without any inner life
>>
>>26636893
>Liking idiot designated heroes who take things for granted and tend to have everything handed to them
I think you missed the idea behind Gold's character then. Because his motivation was to actually prove himself to not be a spoiled kid that got everything handed to him.

Crystal had some flaws due to being introduced so late, like having her pokémon caught off-screen beforehand. She wasn't given much special care after being properly introduced. Also are you forgetting that Platinum had three of her pokémon handed to her in quick succession?
>>
>>26636938
Dynamic characters themselves aren't memes. But to think that a character is shit because their personality doesn't change over the story is.
>>26637018
I didn't say that. Gold showed of a wide range of emotions.
>>
>>26637053
>Because his motivation was to actually prove himself to not be a spoiled kid that got everything handed to him.
Well, he sure did a bang-up job with that then. I like the whole part where he went from "irresponsible, idiot kid that gets away with everything" to "irresponsible, idiot hero that gets away with everything". At no point throughout both GSC, Emerald, and HGSS did he ever come across as anything but spoiled and irresponsible to me, and Togepi warp evolving because of Gold screaming he believes in it to calm Arceus's rage felt completely out of place.

>Also are you forgetting that Platinum had three of her pokémon handed to her in quick succession?
Are you forgetting that she could not use these three Pokemon until long into the Platinum arc, and that she had earned them by personally befriending each of the gym leaders who gave one to her? None of that she took for granted, nor was it simply handed to her because she's the plot-mandated hero. That's the difference.
>>
>>26637304
How is Gold irresponsible? He takes situations very seriously when something big is on the line. Sure he used some cheap tricks at times, but usually for the greater good. What did he do that you feel went so unpunished?
Not going to defend HGSS. I'm talking about GSC.

>None of that she took for granted, nor was it simply handed to her because she's the plot-mandated hero.
How? I can't seem to remember her showing any sort of appreciation for getting them after the initial "thanks". In fact the three of them felt more neglected than most of Crystal's pokémon. Also they were handed to her because she was the plot-mandated hero.
>>
>>26632784
What was the actual point of bringing them back? Did they do anything at all? Did they even do anything remotely evil? This has got to be one of the worst cases of character neutering in the series. They should have just stayed dead.
>>
>>26637728
I want to say that it was because Kusaka has an incredibly urge to showcase all redesigned characters, but the lack of gym leaders kind of disproves that.
>>
>>26637728
There was no point, it was just shit writing.
>>
File: xy vol 3.jpg (173 KB, 477x750) Image search: [Google]
xy vol 3.jpg
173 KB, 477x750
>tfw already invested in the XY manga and bought the first 6 mini-volumes of the English release individually

Well, at least I get to enjoy some Y butt.
>>
>>26633665
>can barely destroy a small asteroid
What the fuck their normal forms where punching each other with enough force that nukes looks like rubber bands.
>>
>>26633609
Emerald is better than both, he was actually likeable.
>>26636831
Fuck off and die for using this forced buzzword meme
>>
File: 1450670761722.jpg (81 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1450670761722.jpg
81 KB, 645x773
>BW2 is just doing whatever the fuck it wants with its retarded ass premise, tiptoeing around the one thing everyone actually wants to see: BW1 r e s o l v e d

>XY lives off of just showing Y's butt in sky trainer outfits and nothing else

>ORAS is complete retardation up the ass shitting on everything you loved about the RSE chapter while trying to connect everything into "deepest lore" territory with zinnia and stupid headcanons and twists (hurrr it was ZINNIA'S salamence that fucked ruby up W O W!)

>SM: R.I.P Kusaka just kill yourself you'll never catch up
>>
So for someone not following Adventures, are BW2/XY/ORAS three different concurrent manga or are the former two on hold while ORAS does its thing?
>>
>>26638520
Three concurrent manga either through magazines or through volumes, which has resulted in the quality of all three to drastically drop.

Kusaka is basically being run into the ground by GF's near-yearly release schedule. It was never this bad.
>>
>>26638536
I have to wonder why he didn't make ORAS a shorter arc, unless he's mandated to make it as big as the others.
>>
File: FUG.jpg (58 KB, 311x395) Image search: [Google]
FUG.jpg
58 KB, 311x395
>>
File: fuug.jpg (20 KB, 208x165) Image search: [Google]
fuug.jpg
20 KB, 208x165
>>
Yellow, G/S/C and Emerald arcs were best arcs.
>>
>>26638481
Eh, I consider XY pretty decent. Sure it's not fantastic but it's in no way awful.
>>
>>26638448
Kusaka doesn't seem to have a very good sense of scale of power. A Delibird back in GSC froze an entire lake full of Gyarados by itself, but two of the strongest trainers in the series were stunned 2 years later to see a Typhlosion and a Meganium make a small hole in the side of a ship.
>>
>>26638878
I've always chalked that kind of crap up to "evil begets power", so the villains are allowed to do much more impressive stuff. Back in GSC a Swinub's Powder Snow was enough to create a constantly-shifting, regenerating ice golem that only Entei's Sacred Fire could melt. In HGSS, that same Swinub's Powder Snow managed to damage Dialga. Same with Sird and the monster trio's mons.
>>
File: XYgals.jpg (97 KB, 500x720) Image search: [Google]
XYgals.jpg
97 KB, 500x720
>>26638481
>>XY lives off of just showing Y's butt in sky trainer outfits and nothing else

And this is a con how? Considering how the plot is featuring X, one of the worst faggot characters in the whole franchise, it's a blessing that Y manages to be both an active-leader character while also being sexy as fuck.
>>
>>26638923
That's true, though the heroes have had some pretty good showings too. See the dex holders blowing up a water Kyogre much bigger than the entire Battle Frontier.

Come to think of it, it's possible that Groudon and Kyogre became weaker because they're directly being controlled by people now, right? Didn't Cyrus need a Red Chain in order to bring out the Sinnoh legend's full power without nerfing it?
>>
>>26638997
Yeah, but that took the combined power of 3 Blast Burns, 3 Hydro Cannons, 3 Frenzy Plants, and 3 Volt Tackles.

Cyrus actually needed two Red Chains to control Dialga and Palkia, not just one. When the first was destroyed he overworked the second to get Dialga and Palkia to continue fighting, but that just left him vulnerable to Giratina. And it wasn't to bring out the full power, it was to just get them to fight at all, because normally they have no reason to. In Pokespe Dialga and Palkia are friends.
>>
>>26639158
Even dividing the total output by 12, it's still an absurd amount of energy produced for a non legendary Pokemon. Maybe someday I'll be autistic enough to calculate the exact amount.

I don't remember the DP arc very well, so I was just going by game canon there.
>>
I only just began reading PokeSpe from the very beginning recently and it's pretty cool. However, is this thread confirming ORAS to be universal garbage in all iterations?
>>
>>26632978
They did die, they never technically came back to life. They were using borrowed time and are certainly dead now.
>>
>>26639178
Someone already did, it's actually around the same ballpark as Delibird's lake freezing ie fucking gigatons per mon.
>>
>>26638935
Because I want something more substantial than cheap ass titillation.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.