[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys, I want to train it. Does it worth the effort?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 166x144) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 166x144
Guys, I want to train it. Does it worth the effort?
>>
>>26632016
>Does it worth
What's with all the dyslexia on /vp/ today?
>>
>>26632016
>>26632016
For in game, no.

For competitive, yes.
>>
Great competitive Pokemon. Roost is nice but I prefer two entry hazards
>>
>>26632038
It's either one user who posts too much, or a lot of users, who are ESL because I see this a lot on this board. Or maybe they think it guarantees replies because the poor writing is le ebin maymay?
>>
>>26632534
I did not knew it was wrong. I learned english after portuguese.
>>
>>26632643
know*
>>
>>26632016
Does not taste good but great source of iron.
>>
>>26632448
>Prankster
>Taunt
>>
>>26632686
By that logic, you should never use hold items because knock off exists.
>>
>>26632016
in 6v6 yes. Skarmory is one of the better walls, who can set up without much fear from anything calling itself a physical attacker. A lot of people carry magnezone specifically just to deal with Skarm he's that much of a nuisance.

in 3v3 Battle Spot? not so much. 3v3 is a lot more focused on hyper offense so getting the hazards down isn't really worth it when the meta over there just focuses on laying down the raw damage.
>>
>>26632686
>>26632740
Or use Fighting-types because Ghost-types exist.
>>
>>26632643
You got most of it right. The "does" should just be "is." To answer your question, Skarmory is one of the best walls in competitive play.
>>
File: 1464886108155.jpg (114 KB, 616x447) Image search: [Google]
1464886108155.jpg
114 KB, 616x447
>>26632643
That's what I assumed, English as a Second Language. As long as you're trying your best, it's fine. English is tough and most English speakers don't even try to learn a second language.

Pic for board relevancy.
>>
Skarmory is second best flying type.
>>
>>26632016
You mean "Does it warrant the effort?".
>>
>>26632016
Skarmory is really good in a certain role. Its stats and types make it a really strong defensive pokemon, and its moves help it support your team. But, if you want to use it as an attacker, it's not so good.
>>
Alright, I gotta ask you guys an off-hand question; its driving me nuts lately...

Is EV training best used for emphasising a pokemon's strengths?, or better used for compensating for their weaknesses?

And should I stop leveling them up at lv.50 or wait to train them after lv.100?
>>
>>26633591
Depends on the pokemon. Typically, you want to boost their strengths. If you have a fast physical sweeper like Weavile, boosting its Attack and Speed to 252 is a no-brainer. If you have, say, Blissey, which can shrug off special attacks naturally, you might want to raise its physical defense.

Also, I'd say it's probably better to stop training at 50.
>>
>>26632016
Bad news for you, you need to breed some Egg moves in it, also you'd like Defog and Counter on it if you want them. Skarmory is godly but a pain to obtain a competitive one. The last two gens helped a little with the TMs at least.
>>
>>26633777
Thanks much, is there a list of pokemon and their ideal ev's somewhere?
>>
>>26633933
Smogon has competitive sets for every Pokemon. There is no "best" set for a lot of Pokemon though. If it's a sweeper then you want max whatever attacking stat it uses and speed most of the time, but in some cases you don't need as much speed investment because having, say, 240 EVs gives it enough to outspeed everything that you want it to, allowing you to give it more defensive investment. Or, you want like 40 Sp.Def EVs to guarantee that it lives one Scald or something like that. Bulkier Pokemon can run any number of different EV spreads depending on what you want them to do. Defensive Pokemon usually want 252 HP/252 Def or Sp.Def, but sometimes you want them to outspeed something. There's a lot of theorycrafting involving EV spread, and your choice in EVs depends on the moveset the Pokemon is using and what role you want it to fill. There's always a trade-off.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.