[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some recommended pokemon to use for Contests?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 400x308) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 400x308
What are some recommended pokemon to use for Contests?
>>
Smeargle
>>
Which contest do you want?
>>
>>26631224
All of them. I never took Contests seriously when I first played the games and only did Cool and Beauty. Just beat Master with a Jolly Swellow, now trying to figure out what pokemon are good for the other categories.
>>
>>26631252
Try the pikachu you get
>>
>>26631287
Playing Emerald, don't have any gift Pikachu to use. I could use a Pikachu, I just don't know what category to use it in.
>>
>>26631320
>Gen III contests
They seemed pretty hard to win IIRC

Trying to remember what 'mons I used. Think it was it was a Miltoic for beauty, Mightyena for tough, destiny-bond Gardevoir for smart
>>
Claydol
- Cosmic Power
- Ancientpower
- SelfDestruct/Explosion
- Secret Power

1st turn: Cosmic power
2nd turn: Ancient power
3rd turn: Secret power
4th turn: Secret power
5th turn: Explode

Wins every contest every time.
>>
>>26631195
when I was little I did swell with sweallow in cool

Quick attack
Aerial ace
any two filters like peck and wing attack

the tactic is to repeatedly use quick attack and aerial ace. If you have previously used aerial ace and are in first position or you used quick attack but aren't in first position use a filler move
>>
>>26631384
>They seemed pretty hard to win IIRC
Nah, you just have to max the contest stat and it's piss easy.
The real problem was making sure you don't mess up because of that shitty sheen mechanic.
>>
>>26631392
Neat, only thing that bothers me is the mismatched category types.
>>
glad this thread got made, I'm just now giving it a fair shake too in OR/AS. Frosslass will be easy to shuffle around beautiful themed tms for and actual serious battling tms. My cosplay Pikachu has all cool moves. And I got a corsala just for cute competitions.

My question is, is it important to only have moves that correspond to that contest, like all beautiful, all cool? Is there anything tricky about contests I need to know about?
>>
>>26631384
>not using the beautiful Claydol
>>26631392
I find that sunny day and fire blast(I think?) worked really well for beauty specifically
>>
>>26631824
I'd say have 1 move that doesn't correspond to the contest, sometimes you don't want to excite the crowd if it will just give an opponent all the bonus
>>
>>26631871
Sunny Day and any fire type move create combos iirc. Combos are pretty much required to do well.
>>
>>26631195
Maybe Milotic.
>>
>>26632187
I actually caught a Feebas once seemingly by random chance, but I didn't understand condition stuff so I didn't end up with a Milotic. Might put in the effort to get a Milotic this time around though.
>>
heres what i used:
Cool:
Pikachu Rockstar
-thunder bolt
-electro ball
-quick attack
-meteor mash

Cute:
Audino@Audinite
-baby doll eyes
-entrainment
-return
-disarming voice

clever:
Banette@banetite
-shadow ball
-sucker punch
-shadow sneak
-snatch
>>
>>26632337
Best way is getting one of the special berrys from the berry master's wife
>>
>>26632390
The cart's internal battery died so daily berries are a no go.
>>
Skitty/Delcatty are pretty much made for contest use.
>>
>>26633066
I'll try them for Cute then.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.