[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do games let you have access to legendaries from past gens?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 800x800
Why do games let you have access to legendaries from past gens? For example, why the fuck can you catch the lake trio in Unova? Why the fuck can you find Dialga and Pallia in Hoenn?

Why can't they just let the different games be fucking unique.
>>
i'll bite , the dex is alot and completing it is hard and GF is nice
>>
>>26628007
Fuck off fag.
>>
>>26628125
>>26628137
Lazy 15 year olds detected
>>
>>26628125
>shitting all over continuity and lore is nice because I'm a lazy fuck

t. you
>>
This does bug me, honestly. I guess it made sense sort of in Gen 3 and Gen 4, and because of how many games were in each of those generations (counting spin-offs that provided legendaries like Colo, XD, Ranger etc.) they still felt sparse and rare. OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire were a complete clusterfuck, though.

We can transfer from previous games and generations easier than ever before now. I really think that for a generation or two, they should stop cramming every legendary into a gen and make the older ones only available by events and trading up. People will still hack 100 shiny Lugia's anyway, but at least TRY making them feel less common
>>
>>26628007
They want all Pokemon accessible to everyone. I don't get the problem with them wanting that.

>>26628236
So far they've only done it with Gens 3, 4, and 6.
>>
>>26628262
>They want all Pokemon accessible to everyone

They already are, you don't need to shove them all into one game to achieve that
>>
>>26628262
They did it with 5 too
>>
>>26628269
With just the previous generation, you have a point there. Though for the ones that are only obtainable two generations before, the legendaries should be obtainable in the current gen.
>>
>>26628282
Oh, right, they did. Though I was thinking of the generations with all legendaries obtainable when I typed that, minus 1 since it was the very beginning.
>>
>>26628262
>So far they've only done it with Gens 3, 4, and 6
They probably didn't do it outright in Black and White 2 but I sure do remember them cramming an awful lot of unnecessary legends in there anyway, even if it wasn't ALL of them
>>
>>26628179
>continuity and lore
autism
>>
>>26628313
Sorry for giving a shit about Pokemon while browsing a Pokemon imageboard you dicknose freak :^)
>>
>>26628311
Latios/Latias, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Regirock, Registeel/Regice, Regigigas, Cresselia, and Heatran.
>>
>>26628323
no you give a shit about autism.

I give a shit about pokemon games. Not autism.
>>
>>26628344
Lore is inherently part of the games my boy
>>
>>26628356
No it's autism. Sorry but you're on the spectrum.

Being able to catch pokemon is a gameplay related thing, lore is an autism related thing. Kill yourself.
>>
>>26628363
Lore is inherently part of the games whether you like it or not lad
>>
>>26628363
>the plot of the game is somehow not part of the game

You're the only autist here
>>
>>26628363
I think you're just a little mad cuz I called you out on your dick shaped nose :^)
>>
>>26628007
>Why the fuck can you find Dialga and Pallia in Hoenn?

Hoopa
>>
In Hoenn it was Hoopa bullshit.
>>
>>26628179
heres a thought
maybe legendary pokemon arent single entities but are a species with multiple members spread out across the pokemon world so we can find them in different regions. you know, so you don't have to constantly backtrack through other games to just get one single pokemon.
>>
>>26628007
>>26628179
>>26628236
>>26628269
>>26628311
>>26628356
>>26628382
>>26628397

I'm going to say this right here: you're all dumb. Pokemon is first and foremost a kiss game made to make money. It capitalizes on the fact that people get hooked as kids and stay hooked forever. It makes sense that they'd want every one of these walking moneybags available in each new gen, because certain people are always going to want those mon and Gamefreak doesn't make any money off used game sales. Maybe you're like me and you've been playing 20 years and have a hundred thousand of these fuckers that you always will want to transfer up, they give you that option. But for every one of us, there's a hundred people that they want to rehook with nostalgia of catching Mewtwo, and a thousand kids who are only seeing Lugia and Dialga for the first time, who can't be expected to go and play two or three old games just to get them into the newest gen. You complain about lore and realism and immersion, but Gamefreak doesn't give a shit about that stuff outside of whatever current game it's on. At some point, you need to realize that Gamefreak is only trying to appeal to people like you on the lowest level because you're hooked already and will buy the games anyway and instead focus on potential new buyers or getting old buyers back.
>>
>>26629040
this desu senpai
>>
>>26629040
Kid's not kiss. Ducking autocorrect
>>
>>26628236
Why does a new player need to buy other games to catch legendaries? That's fucking retarded, like you.
>>
Kids want their legendaries, this thread has proof.
>>
>>26629056
Why should they get to have all legendaries in one game? That's even more retarded, like you
>>
To make completing the dex easier. It's not like you're unable to use those Pokemon if you trade them wither.

There's plenty of actual ways they make the games different with features and the game worlds themselves.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.