[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gen 6 Mons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7
File: gen 6.jpg (293 KB, 1212x1348) Image search: [Google]
gen 6.jpg
293 KB, 1212x1348
post your X/Y teams - bonus points if all are from gen 6.
just started X yesterday and looking for some recommendations, just arrived at the palace and team atm is Frogadier, Fletchinder and Pancham
>>
Honedge family is great, especially if you're just looking to beat the game
>>
My first xy team was

Delphox
Venusaur
Hawlucha
Klefki
Sligoo (didn't know how to evolve it till postgame)
Malamar
>>
>>26627025
First X team:
>Greninja
>Talonflame
>Swirlix
>Aurorus
>Dragalge
>Aegislash

It was one of my favorite in-game teams I've had.
>>
>>26627025
The starters, Heliolisk, Smogonburd, Skrelp, Pangoro, Espurr, Tyrantrum, Hawlucha, Honedge, and Gxxdra are all pretty good for a playthrough.
>>
When I go thrpugh a new gen I always use the new mons. This was my first Kalos team:
>Chesnaught(Bowser)
>Clawitzer(Klawber)
>Heliolisk(Summer)
>Pangoro(Breaker)
>Tyrantrum(Rampage)
>Pyroar(Simba)
I know my nicknames suck but oh well.
>>
>>26627025
First Y Team:
>Greninja
>Aegislash
>Gardevoir
>Garchomp
>Crobat
>Blaziken
>>
is it still not possible to cheat gen 6 guys or did the cheaters find a way since I last payed attention
>>
>>26627025
>Greninja
>Pangoro
>Pyroar
>Dragalge
>Noivern
>Aegislash

Biggest disappointment was Pangoro. Too slow and killed by every threat and not always capable of netting an OHKO.
>>
>>26627025
X was my fun copy, Y was for business. Played X first to enjoy the game.

>Greninja (Starter)
>Blaziken (Powerhouse)
>Venusaur (HM slave)
>Shiny Doublade (Tank/Trophy)
>Drifblim (Fly Slave)
>Hawlucha (Just a cool partner to have)

I was a nice run. That team got lost in a Bank mishap, but I'll always remember the fun times.
>>
>>26627025
I always try to use Pokémon introduced that generation. My Y team:

>Sylveon
>Aegislash
>Tyrantrum
>Dragalge
>Talonflame
>Chesnaught
>>
Bampu
>>
>>26627025
Greninja
Barbaracle
Klefki
Trevenant
Malamar
PurpleDinosaur

Still waiting for GameFreak to keep Soaring as a permanent option so I don't have to have a flying type on my team again.
>>
File: 1453946902876.jpg (73 KB, 600x534) Image search: [Google]
1453946902876.jpg
73 KB, 600x534
>>26627025
First X team:
Delphox F. (Ophelia.)
Meowstic F. (Yagi.)
Blue Florges F. (Titania)
Pangoro M. (Piccolo.)
Noivern M. (Beat.)
Aegislash M. (Pillow Talk.)

I try not to have overlapping types, but got attached to my Meowstic so kept her around.
>>
Chesnaught
Greninja
Probopass
Sigilyph
Charizard
Dragalge
>>
>>26627025
My autism compels me to use current gen Pokemon when I go through a game for the first time, and I try to avoid overlapping types.
>Greninja
>Talonflame
>Gogoat
>Heliolisk
>Meowistic
>Aegislash (Actually wasn't planning on using one, but I ran into a Shiny one)
Overall all my members got to shine at some point, didn't have any jobbers.
>>
>>26627025

I am looking for a team. I tried for a Wonder run, with pokemon I have never used... But I kept getting Ralts/Starters/Garbage/Level 40's and even 2 legendaries and a shiny
>>
Is Pangoro really that bad? I was planning to use him in my new Y playthrough.
>>
I only had two gen 6s on my team...
>Greninja (Tom)
>Pyroar (Marie)
>Venusaur (Jean)
>Salamence (Sylvie)
>Lucario (Honoré)
>Ampharos (Olivie)
>>
>>26630849
I personally didn't run into any issues using a Pangoro on one my playthroughs. You just have to remember it's pretty slow and plan around that.

The only Kalos Pokemon I remember having an awful time with in-game in all my playthroughs is Aurorus. Really wanted to like the thing but it was almost always useless.
>>
>Greninja
>Talonflame
>Heliolisk
>Gogoat
>Klefki

No sixth Mon. All in all my team has immunities to 7 different types, psychic, ground, ghost, water, grass, poison and dragon. The team was a joy when fighting against friends who were also playing through at the time.

Wish there was some more selection though.
>>
My X/Y team was
Delphox
Sylveon
Noivern & Shirley
Trevenant
Blastoise with mega stone
Pinsir without its stupid post-game mega stone

Blastoise was tacked on. I wanted to use one of the new grass/ghosts so Venusaur couldn't stick around. And I couldn't be assed to find other water types.
>>
File: pokemon x hof.png (113 KB, 650x396) Image search: [Google]
pokemon x hof.png
113 KB, 650x396
Went in completely blind. Looking back the team was rather disappointing, except for Vivillon who turned out to be the unexpected black horse of the team.
>>
My original team in Y was

>Chesnaught, Meowstic-F, Noivern, Aegislash, Azumarill, M-Manectric

When I recently replayed it with X

>Delphox, Slurpuff, Dragalgae, Pangoro, Kabuki Furfrou, M-Abomasnow

I don't really have an ideal team for Kalos.
>>
first team was

>Chesnaught
>Charizard
>Pangoro
>Aurorus
>Aegislash
>Goodra

It was a good team. If I had gone full Gen 6, I'd have used Pyroar instead of Charizard.
>>
File: download.png (39 KB, 256x168) Image search: [Google]
download.png
39 KB, 256x168
Just beat Diantha with this team last night. Tried a run with no starters, pseudos, or megas. If you're going for Gen 6 only, I highly recommend Heliolisk and Hawlucha. Great typing, great stats, great bros. Krookodile nearly beat Diantha single handedly.
>>
>>26631115
>I'd have used Pyroar instead of Charizard
Pyroar sucks ass in-game. You made a right decision not to use him.
>>
File: Pokémon X Rerun Ruhmeshalle.jpg (57 KB, 663x409) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon X Rerun Ruhmeshalle.jpg
57 KB, 663x409
>>
>>26631172
Oh, good.

As a side not, here's my brothers team from his first play through of Y:

>Greninja
>Venusaur
>Talonflame
>Heliolisk
>Furfrou
>Tyrantrum
>>
I beat Y a while back with this team;

Gyarados, Charizard, Florges, Aerodactyl, Gardevoir, Trevenant

I destroyed the shit out of the E4. Currently playing X, at Shalour City, and my team is;

Delphox, Pidgeotto, Gardevoir, Venusaur, Dunsparce, Absol

Trying to level Pidgeotto right now, since I'm at the third gym. I REALLY want to use Carbink, just because I wanted to use a fairy other than Florges, but Carbink is so damn weak.
>>
>>26631148
>Hawlucha
yes
>Heliolisk
He has a good movepool but training him as a Helioptile was an absolute pain in the ass. Died to everything and had trouble dishing out any real damage himself (fucking Parabolic Charge and it's 50 BP). Once he evolves and learns some better moves he's pretty decent though.
>>
X team:

Delphox
Vivillon
Hawlucha
Sylveon
Haxorus
Ampharos
>>
File: First.png (113 KB, 661x405) Image search: [Google]
First.png
113 KB, 661x405
My first run.
>>
>>26631233
>training him as a Helioptile was an absolute pain in the ass
Oh yeah, I kind of blocked that from memory... I was desperate to get a Sun Stone because of that. But once it evolved, it was awesome.
>>
Chesnaught
Pyroar
Florges
Heliolisk
Goodra
Mega Blastoise

Delphox
Meowstic
Hawlucha
Dragalge
Diancie
Avalugg

Greninja
Talonflame
Pangoro
Tyrantrum
Gogoat
Clawitzer

I probably liked the first team the best, but my overall favorites to use were Chesnaught, Meowstic and Hawlucha
>>
My X team:

>Delphox
>Charizard
>Gogoat
>Tyrantrum
>Pikachu
>Golduck

Honestly there was a point early one where I wondered whether to play with a monofire team
>>
>>26627025
Has there ever been more out of place fossil pokemon?
>Tyrunt line is straight out of digimon
>Amaura line is straight out of littlest pet shop
>>
>>26631379
Tyrunt is okay, Amaura looks like a Neopet though. Useless as fuck too.
>>
>>26631379
>>26631407
I really wanted to like Amaura and Aurorus, but fuck they're so weak. Why did they make a damn long necked dinosaur with such pathetic defense? Tyrunt and Tyrantrum excel at damage, so why can't Amaura and Aurorus excel at defense?

Dumbasses at Gamefreak, that's why.
>>
>>26631379
>>26631407
I want to hate-fuck you through the mouth. They're both good looking fossils. Ice types will get justice some day. reee
>>
>>26631435
>wanting an Ice type to be defensive
>>
>>26631379
>>Tyrunt line is straight out of digimon
What the fuck does this even mean? Are you fucking retarded
>>
>>26631435
>defensive Rock/Ice

Ha! Great joke anon!
>>
>>26631435
Amaura/Aurorus sucks because she has a glass canon typing while having the stats of a slow defensive Pokemon.

In other words, she's like every Ice type ever apart from like Weavile and Mamo.
>>
>>26631541
Frosslass gets to be in Weavile and Mamoswine's lonely party at the top too.
>>
File: Full XY Team.png (13 KB, 262x138) Image search: [Google]
Full XY Team.png
13 KB, 262x138
>>
Delphox
Dodrio
Klefki
Dragalge
Avalugg
Venusaur
>>
>>26631541

Also Cloyster, although it manages to do the Defensive thing well too.
>>
>>26627025
I generally try to use only regional Pokémon, unless I can't do otherwise (like I used Ponyta and Rapidas in Platinum because I picked Turtwig).

My team in X was:
>Greninja
>Talonflame
>Heliolisk
>Tyrantrum
>Trevenant
>Noivern
>>
Chesnaught
Talonflame
Sylveon
Heliolisk
Clawitzer
Goodra

Goodra is a pain in the ass to level up if you get him when Goomy's first available, so I had someone trade it over early-on. I suggest putting something up on the GTS.
>>
Venusaur
Greninja
Blaziken
Aegislash
Sylveon
Goodra

Probably why I enjoyed X so much. Team was unusually OP, I didn't accidentally put a shitmon on my team in the first run like I normally do. I finished like 6 months after the rest of /vp/ only to find most of my team being in OU or Ubers without my intention.
>>
>>26627025
Greninja
Heliolisk
Dragalge
Aegislash
Trevenant
Charizard (Mega Y)

I wanted an all new team. But I need a flyer on my team and neither Talonflame nor Hawlucha interested me. So I went with Charizard since megas were new(I didn't know how overpowered they would be) and I had always chosen Blastoise in Kanto games.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.