[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is it better than Magic the Gathering? can MtG count as a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: chamada_torneios.jpg (91 KB, 550x309) Image search: [Google]
chamada_torneios.jpg
91 KB, 550x309
is it better than Magic the Gathering?

can MtG count as a monster collecting franchise?
>>
>>26623223
no and no
>>
>>26623223
It is better, but that doesn't make it good. It's like the flu being better than tuberculosis.

>inb4 some blue/white control player who also plays stall in Pokemon comes in to defend Magic.
>>
>>26623262
what makes it better?
got back into Magic this week because my brother wanted to play. Been thinking about going into Pokémon for a while now
>>
I actually think mtg is loads more fun, but every now and then I'll play pokemon tcg and have a blast
>>
>>26623223
Pokemon right now has no complexity at all. Mtg always tries to bring more stuff to the table every set, while pokemon has been stale for quite a while, especially at HGSS.

Play mtg if you like mixed play, pokemon if you don't like that someone beat you without even playing a monster, yugioh if you like combos.

And no.
>>
>>26624136
I loved Yugioh for its combos and building decks with goofy gimmicks. I left because they didn't know when to stop dumping complexity on top, and the way that top play depended entirely on a small handful of cards that rocketed in price every single time.

Would I like MTG? I've tried the Pokemon CG and didn't like it much. Just didn't feel right.
>>
>>26624136
>pokemon if you don't like that someone beat you without even playing a monster

Eh?
>>
>>26624404
In mtg, there are multiple decks that win without even interacting with your opponent. Burn decks literally plays damaging spells after damaging spells until they win or lose.

>>26624390
Mtg is much less complex in terms of text(compared to yugioh), since most common mechanics have a keyword for them, like "Flying" or "First Strike".
Every set they print out a small group of mechanics, so you don't need to learn dozens of mechanics that only a card or two have.
In formats where a large amount of sets are valid like modern, you need to have a vast knowledge about mechanics, since there are dozens of them.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.