[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starter Typing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7
File: 2016-05-20.jpg (272 KB, 900x686) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-20.jpg
272 KB, 900x686
Disregard all the proposed evolutions so far. Regardless of what they look like, what type do you want the gen 7 starters to be?

Pic sort of related, I want them to stay pure (although grass/flying seems kind of obvious)
>>
Pure is best, especially for Litten. If he becomes fighting I will kill myself.
>>
>>26623211
Pure sucks. Dual-type allows them to be more creative with the designs.

Fire/Dark
Grass/Flying
Water/Fairy

Dark/Fire/Fairy are the types of Yveltal and Xerneas, oddly enough.
>>
>>26623211
Grass/Flying

Fire/Poison or Fire/Dark

Water/Fairy or Water/Fighting
>>
>>26623211
Fire/fighting is the only way to not make it trash, so fire/fighting is fine with me.

Faggots need to stop thinking EVERY unused type needs to be filled, otherwise you end up with a shitty bloated dex like gen /vp/
>>
>>26623245
nice try at trying to start an "implying owls are bird meme" with that fire mention
>>
>>26623241
Yeah that is true design-wise, but I am too afraid gf's gonna fuck it up (like with another fire/fighting.

>>26623241
My nigga
>>
>>26623245
>>26623274
Whoops.

Meant Dark/Flying/Fairy.
>>
Grass/Dark or Grass/Ghost
Fire/Ground
Water/Fighting
>>
Fire/Rock
Water/Fighting
Grass/Flying

that way they will have a reverse type trio
>>
>Grass/Dragon
>Fire/Dragon
>Water/Dragon
>>
>>26623377
So essentially a better version of what DPPT tried to do? Nice double dubs by the way.
>>
>>26623211
I don't care how the typing is, as long as Litten doesn't turn out to be another waifu bait starter like braixen.
Hell, I'd take the barashit battlecat fake over waifushit.
>>
>>26623407
we got a gay
>>
>>26623384
Fire/Grass
Water/Fire
Grass/Water
>>
>>26623391
Yeah. I mean Litten has a bomb and brimstone motif going on. So it would make sense for him to be Rock Ground or Dark. Rowlet already has his second type, flying. Rock is the only potential type for Litten that interacts with Flying in any way. We don't know too much about Popplio to make any educated guesses, but from Fire/Rock and Grass/Flying, Fighting would complete the triangle and it could be neat for a clown theme.
>>
>>26623211
fire/rock
grass/ground
water/fighting?? (I don't know)
>>
File: image.jpg (121 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121 KB, 500x500
>>26623417
You'd better watch your tongue, boy, before I chop it off and send you packing back to the plantation.

Now I don't want you to accuse me of being a homosexual because I don't want furry waifushit as a starter that will make people automatically think I'm a furfag waifushitter, y'hear?
>>
>>26623211
Grass/Flying
Fire/Dark
Water/anything but pure
>>
Fire/Ice
Water/Poison
Grass/Electric

Absolutely no logic behind this
Just chose at rando
>>
File: Cj9ngm7UoAAS9oC.jpg (29 KB, 500x743) Image search: [Google]
Cj9ngm7UoAAS9oC.jpg
29 KB, 500x743
>>26623476
It's worse, nigger. Now people will think you're in it for the Furry Husbandos that can sit on your face along with many other Bara fetishes and i'm sure they'd be right.
>>
>>26623211
Fire/Fighting

Fire/Fighting

Fire/Fighting
>>
>What I want:

Grass/Flying
Fire/Ground
Water/Dragon or Water/Electric

>What we'll get:

Grass/ Flying
Fire/ Ground
Water/Fighting
>>
>>26623211
Purely just what we want for their final evo typing?
Rowlet grass/flying
Litten fire/poison
Popplio water/fairy
>>
>>26623518
Btw, better if it was Water/Electric.
>>
>>26623476
Listen here fag, you never once hinted at furry in your post, faggot. Gaybag, you actually said you're more accepting of bara. Which is a fetish for buff men. Fuckin pillowbiter.
>>
Alright, let me run this down so you retards can understand.

The reason it's almost always fire/fighting, is because F/Fi is an absurdly good typing, and is literally the only way to make it not shit. Fire is a poor typing, but an excellent offensive typing. You match one offensive type with another fantastic offensive type, and it's good. Emboar is bad, due solely to his stat spread. Both Blaziken and infernape were OU in their release games, and both continue to be good pokemon in their respective tiers.

Water is almost always pure water because water is a broken offensive and defensive typing. Adding any type to it besides ice or flying makes it absurdly strong. So, as a counter measure to this, it's almost always kept pure water. Take a look at Swampert and Empoleon. Both were PREMIER Pokemon in their release games.

I don't know why they don't have more fun with Grass, though. You can barely add any typing to it that would make it absurdly good. Grass should have had way more variety than it has, but who knows why.
>>
>>26623633
For an offensive pokemon, speed, ability, and movepool matter more than typing. Typhlosion doesn't suck because it's pure fire, but because it has shit stat distribution, shittier movepool, and the shittiest hidden ability.

Fire/fairy, fire/ghost, fire/ground, or fire/rock would kick ass offensively. Fire/dark or fire flying wouldn't be bad at all (think Talonflame rather than Charizard). I can't envision a fire/ice type but that would be great too. They don't seem to give dragon or electric as secondary types, but those would be good too.
>>
>>26623211
The only types Litten should be is
Fire/Steel
Fire/Rock
Fire/Dark
>>
>>26624364
>t poplio shitter
>>
>>26624347
Typing matters a lot, due to STAB. A pokemon can have mediocre attacking stats but make up for it by having powerful STABS. Just look at Greninja. His Ability allows him to have any STAB he wants, which matters a whole lot more than his average special attack stat.

As such, Fire and Fighting have some of the absolute strongest moves in the form of Flare Blitz and Close Combat.
>>
>>26623211
Pure sucks in every possible way, the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>26624426
Right. That's why rock, ground, fairy, would make good secondary types as well.
>>
>>26623211
>Grass/Flying
I was hoping for either Water/Flying or Grass/Flying this gen, so I'm happy with it as is.
>Fire/Steel
It needs to be done again since it helps the Fire typing a lot. I was hoping for a Fire/Steel Sheep with a hidden Steel Wool ability.
>Water/Fairy
I love Water types and Fairy types, so it makes sense. I would accept any of the typings combined with Fairy, though.
>>
Grass/Ground
Pure Fire
Water/Fighting
>>
Grass/Flying
Fire/Poison
Water/Fairy
>>
File: 1465056728564.jpg (11 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
1465056728564.jpg
11 KB, 259x194
>>26623377
>>26623391
>>26623456
Just thought of this while reading these anonsĀ“s posts but
>Reverse trio
>At first glance, the superior starter is now determined by speed
>However one of the trio is actually bulky enough to take a SU STAB hit from the fastest of the three and OHKO it in return
>The remaining starter has a sufficient attack stat to OHKO the bulky one but isnt as fast
>It gets outsped and OHKO'd by the faster starter
>Speed beats Power, Power beats Defence, and Defence beat Speed
>The trio is now defined by stats instead of typing
Ehhh?Ehhhhhh?
>>
File: detectivepikachudevitoheader.jpg (126 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
detectivepikachudevitoheader.jpg
126 KB, 600x450
>>26623211
WAIT.

Due to Littens lore of having oily fur and spitting flaming balls of oily hair, some thing that Litten's final evo will be Fire/poison.

Due to the typing leak, some people think that Rowlet's final evo will be Grass/ground.

This would put Rowlet's evo and Litten's evo at odds with each other, since Ground is super effective against Poison. Now, if we continue with this thread of the final evo's being equal to each other type-wise, then logically Popplio's final evo will gain a typing that is weak to poison and resistant to ground!

Something like...GRASS. POPPLIO'S FINAL EVO WILL BE WATER/GRASS. SCREENSHOT THIS POST FOR THE FUTURE!!!
>>
>>26623211
Grass/Flying
Fire
Water

I don't see why everyone wants to complicate things.
>>
>>26623211
Anyone who wants Popplio to become Water/Fighting are just cucks to the Fighting type. It's always boring and a Water/Fighting evo for Popplio will NOT save its design.

My hopes are Grass/Flying, Fire/Dark, and pure Water, but I've warmed up to the supposed typing leaks of Grass/Ground and pure Fire. I don't like thise two as much, but I wouldn't mind. Popplio getting a Fightinf evo would maje me hate him, even though I don't now.
>>
>>26623633
>fire is a poor (defensive I assume you meant to say because you the said its a good offensive type) type
Are you an idiot? Fire is the 3rd or 4th best defensive typing anon.
>>
File: PopplioWillBeWaterGrass.png (327 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
PopplioWillBeWaterGrass.png
327 KB, 1920x1080
>>26625221
Here you go, anon.
>>
File: toonlink.png (383 KB, 326x298) Image search: [Google]
toonlink.png
383 KB, 326x298
>>26623269

Honestly I'd be fine with Fire/Fighting as long as it didn't make it another Kung Fu guy. I mean, we have fighting horses so why can't we just have a regular cat that just so happens to be able to shoot aura spheres or some shit.
>>
>>26624517
My nigga
>>
Grass/Flying
Fire/Rock
Water/Fighting
>>
>>26627341

It certainly works with the typing they've been going with lately. I do think it's likely Litten is going to be a volcanic Pokemon too.
>>
>>26623241
>wanting another Typhlosion
>>
>>26627377
yup, the fact that it spits up fireballs screams volcano.

Popplio is the more questionable one should they go with those typings for the Litten line:
they could go pure Water as it already covers both of Litten's weaknesses or go Fighting to cover the Rock typing as well.

I'm leaning towards pure Water given Rowlet's signature move
>>
>>26627450
What signature move? Nothing ever said Leafage was a signature move--it's probably just a new low-power Grass attack.
>>
Water/Fairy
Fire/Fighting
Grass/Steel
>>
>>26627467
I'm assuming it'll have Leafage or some other Grass type move as its signature.
>>
I'll tiny anything as long as Popplio becomes anything but Water/Fighting. It will probably be bulky so taking away its ability to be a Talonflame check would really suck.

Give me bulky special attacking Water/Fairy with a good Ability like Serene Grace or something and I'm sold.
>>
>>26627503
Leafage is probably just a copy of Vine Whip since Rowlet doesn't look like it can use Vine Whip or Absorb

If they're keeping the trend from gens 5 and 6, the starters all get their own sugnature move
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.