[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In English, Solgaleo and Lunala are classified as the "Sunne"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: sunne & moone.png (19 KB, 238x60) Image search: [Google]
sunne & moone.png
19 KB, 238x60
In English, Solgaleo and Lunala are classified as the "Sunne" and "Moone" Pokémon. Any idea why? The only references I've found that use these spellings are heraldric texts.
>>
>>>/s4s/
>>
AZ was a king. Maybe he's related to the plot?
>>
>>26620998
Maybe this is how they call their Moon and Sun?
>>
It's just an old spelling. I think it relates to the ties the legendaries have with alchemy, which flourished in a time such spellings were commonplace.
>>
>>26621065
What does Lunala have to do with alchemy?
>>
>>26621065
This is correct. They're the Nichirin Pokemon and Gachirin Pokemon in nip.

>The Nichirin is a round circle, typically red in color, and held by Nikko. The circular sun disc is also used frequently as the halo for deities like Aizen Myo-o and Dainichi Nyorai. The moon disc, the Gachirin (also called Gatsurin or Getsurin), is a perfectly round circle, typically white, meant to represent the full moon, a frequently used symbol in Buddhist painting and sculpture. It represents the Buddha’s knowledge and virtue and symbolizes the aspirations of sentient beings to attain Buddhahood. The Gachirin is a key attribute of Gakko Bosatsu, who is often shown in statues and paintings wearing a headpiece representing the moon or holding a circular form in the palm of his hand. In the Kongōkai Mandala 金剛界曼荼羅 of Esoteric Buddhism, moreover, each of the nine divinities is shown seated in the circle of a full moon. The Gachirin is also found often on Buddhist grave stones called Gorinto.
>>
>>26620998
Probably wanted to differentiate them from other Pokemon.

For example, Sunflora and Volcarona are both classified as the Sun Pokemon.
>>
its aesthetic
>>
>>26621011
>actually thinking they're going to follow up on the AZ plot
lmao
>>
>>26621080
It's body is made up of crescents and the symbol on its forehead also has crescents, which are the alchemical symbol for both the moon and silver.

Likewise Solgaleo has the alchemical symbol for both the sun and gold on its forehead, and is described as "the beast that devours the sun". A lion devouring the sun is a very common depiction in alchemy.
>>
>>26621111
N I C E Q U A D S
>>
>>26621111
the only correct answer
quads confirm
>>
ye olde english lad

the villains are alchemist that want to bring Alola to a new era through eternal day/night.
That's why there is a temple
That's why the obervatory on the top of the icy mountain (AlchemyVSScience)
That's why the fortress city
That's why Kukui studies moves (signature moves cast the eternal day/night spell)
That's why Lillie is important(Maybe she is a relative of the leader, i mean, white green-eyed in hawaii, obviously she is rich af or a outsider, maybe the first one and the villains are utterly rich)

Also maybe that bracelet is important for the lore, Male character has a yellow one (he represents pokemon sun) and the Female character has a blue one (represents pokemon moon)
>>
>>26620998
double-letter-with-an-E-at-the-end narushit spelling
>>
>>26621593
Don't forget the coolest detail. The villains are alchemist PIRATES
>>
I don't know; it just makes me want to pronounce the "n" in "sunne" and "moone" really hard, though.
>>
>>26621142
Gold and silver confirmed for virtual console
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.