[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is even the point of Middlemons? Especially among starters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Middlemons.jpg (55 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Middlemons.jpg
55 KB, 600x600
What is even the point of Middlemons? Especially among starters knowing that they immediately evolve into their stage 3.

Does anybody prefer Middlemons? I don't think so. . .
>>
>>26619554
Braixenfags do.

They have shit taste.
>>
>>26619554

I prefer Wartortle over Squirtle or Blastoise based entirely on aesthetics.
>>
>>26619583
My exact opinion, but with Ivysaur
>>
>>26619554

>Especially among starters knowing that they immediately evolve into their stage 3.

Uh, what?
>>
They show progression you shitter.

>what is even the point of gyms? Especially knowing that the player will immediately move to the next one all the way to the E4.
>the game should just give you places to train and you should grind up to E4 levels

That isn't how games work.
>>
File: tumblr_m5s8ovu4hW1qczibyo1_500.gif (412 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m5s8ovu4hW1qczibyo1_500.gif
412 KB, 500x281
There needs to be a path between the smallest form and the biggest form, that's how Pokemon lines work, at least most of the time.
>>
>>26619583
This. Wartortle is my favorite Pokemon, actually.
>>
>>26619554
>What is even the point of Gyms? Especially among the first 7 knowing that they immediately earn their 8th.

Does anyone prefer gyms 1-7? I don't think so.
>>
>>26619579
You're just jealous.
>>26619583
Exactly.
>>26619620
See.
>>26619642
This.
>>26619693
And this.
>>26619725
What? Dude, you fail. Each and every gym is a challenge, a puzzle to complete, and I definitely love some more than others, but they're all needed.
>>
File: dfdfssd.png (2 MB, 1440x1457) Image search: [Google]
dfdfssd.png
2 MB, 1440x1457
Starters have middle stages to showcase the sudden growth of a trainer's first pokemon from the professor.

This encourages players to work for more battling experience as the potential result would have your starter and other pokemon progressively change form after they receive enough experience.

>Especially among starters knowing that they immediately evolve into their stage 3.
Because not all players would spoil themselves the final evos of the starters. They exist to reward the player for continuously leveling up your middle stage starter and fully finalizing the growth of your first pokemon.
>>
>>26620032
>Replies: 9
>Posters: 10
nice try
>>
If it went straight from Squirtle to Blastoise, then it would be either...
1 it evolves early and it feels like you're done with it already
2 it evolves late, and for a long time feels like you're not making any progress
+ of course to not make it overpowered or underpowered in the middle of the games
+ 1. stage to 3. stage is usually a pretty big change, meaning it makes more sense to have something in between

OP, did you even stop to think for 2 fucking minutes?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.