[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the johto starters are bland and shit they don't deserve
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: Johto starters.jpg (154 KB, 570x337) Image search: [Google]
Johto starters.jpg
154 KB, 570x337
>the johto starters are bland and shit they don't deserve megas
>HGSS is the most popular pokemon game next to BW2

?
>>
>>26619450
It's not popular for the starters.
>>
>>26619450
>>26619518
But I love the Johto starters, Brotodile and Cyndaquil are great. Chikorita had potential but it fell flat.
>>
>>26619545
Me too, love the Cyndaquil more than life itself... but they are fundamentally shit starters.

But they're not the reason why HGSS is one of the best games.
They barely factor in to be quite frank, HGSS just is a cohesively great game.
Lot of love went into it and it shows.
>>
I thought people want megas of them the most precisely because they have a lot of appeal but something about them feels incomplete in their final forms.
>>
>>26619518
Prove it
>>
>>26619582
>barely a factor
tell me how many people box their starter
>>
>>26619450
Both of these statements are true.
What are you on about OP?
>>
>>26619450
Only retards dislike them.
>>
>>26619591
Nothing feels "incomplete", they're just not good competitively. Gatr is decent, but the other two, especially Meganium need help.
>>
>>26619450
But anon BW2 don't even have good starters
>>
surprise! BW2 have shit starters too
>>
>>26619698
Wasn't what I was saying.

Are you saying that HGSS is great game because of the starters? Fair enough.

All I'm saying is HGSS was a great game for a lot of reasons. The starters just weren't a factor for me.

Again BW2 great game, but the starters are shit. Didn't majorly affect the game for me.
>>
>>26619698
>valuing a Pokémon more simply because you're forced to start with it
I don't think I've ever done a play through of a Hoenn game where I didn't box my starter, and I came very close to doing so when I played through X. I don't understand why people value starters so much.
>>
>>26619450
>THAT chikorita
Fuck you, justinrpg.
>>
>>26619450
Totodile and Cyndaquil are very loved, so I don't see the issue.

Chikorita is loved mainly as a cute shouldermon, you don't actually battle with it, but it still has fans.
>>
BW2 are the lowest sold Mainline pokemon games on most popular handheld lol
>>
>>26619582
>they are fundamentally shit starters
Maybe Chikorita, but Cyndaquil and Totodile are excellent.
>>
>>26619582
>fundamentally shit starters
What?
>>
>>26619450
The pokemon fandom is retarded, haven't you figured that yet?
>>
>>26619450
GSC and HGSS are beloved by genwunners because Johto is just an expansion of Kanto.
>>
Chikorita is fun to use, and the cuteness far outweighs its difficulties. Also it's pretty good for a grass type! Which is still shit, I know.
>>
>>26620042

>Gen 1.5
>>
>>26619450
>saying totodile is bland
uwotm8
Beside I doubt mega feraligatr overpower sheerforce feraligatr with lifeorb
>>
>>26619450
>the Johto starters are bland
Is this not the perfect reason for them to get Megas? Also fuck you, Feraligatr is top tier.
>>
>>26619936
It was also released when the 3DS was just starting to become relevant.

Being the 3rd subset of Pokémon games for the ds (4th if we count platinum), people might have gotten burned out.

That, combined with it being remarkably similar to BW for everyday consumers (basically the 3rd version always sells less effect) makes BW2, although a strong contender for best Pokémon game, a bit of a sales drop.

I mean it's Pokémon, it still sold like hotcakes, but in comparison to the others it was more like...lukewarm cakes.
>>
GSC/HGSS are not popular for the starters and BW2 despite being the best isn't that popular

No reason they shouldn't get Megas though
>>
>>26620051
Gen 2 fucking hated grass type, it's insane how useless grass is in it. Always pick chikorita for the ultimate fuck grass type rival team
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.