[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Solgaleo is “the beast that devours the sun.” It is based
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: Pokémon.full.1999819.jpg (2 MB, 992x1353) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon.full.1999819.jpg
2 MB, 992x1353
Solgaleo is “the beast that devours the sun.” It is based off of the medieval depiction of a lion devouring the sun which is an alchemical symbol for the purification of metals. The lion is supposed to represent Mercury and the sun represents Gold. Solgaleo is mercury after dissolving/mixing with gold.

Azoth is the alchemical equivalent to Mercury and is one of the essential concepts of Alchemy

In his book Transcendental Magic, Eliphas Levi wrote: "The Azoth or Universal Medicine is, for the soul, is supreme reason and absolute justice; for the mind, it is mathematical and practical truth; for the body it is the quintessence, which is a combination of gold and light. In the superior or spiritual world, it is the First Matter of the Great Work, the source of the enthusiasm and activity of the alchemist. In the intermediate or mental world, it is intelligence and industry.

>alchemical symbol for the purification of metals
>intelligence and industry
>Psychic/Steel

Now can you all stop complaining about Solgaleo not being a fire type?
>>
>>26619320
They just put out a lion pokemon; it even had a female counterpart. Too little too late.
>>
>>26619406
no
>>
>>26619320
Thanks for posting this for the 100th time
Too bad it's just your retarded head canon and no one cares
>>
>>26619541
Solgaleo being a fire type is more head canon than mercury and gold lol
>>
I'm fine with Solgaleo being Steel/Psychic.

What's pretty retarded is that they didn't even give it an ability that allowed it to resist Fire, meaning that the Pokemon emissary of the Sun literally cannot take the heat. It's just Metagross in every respect.
>>
>>26619570
Where did I put in my post that I think it should be fire type?
>>
>>26619660
Didn't say you did bruh
>>
>>26619320
Hahahahahahahahah he thinks little kids give a fuck/know about this GTFO faggot

GF fucked up and you know it stop sucking GameFreaks dick fire/psychic make more senses
>>
>>26619320
This thread died because even Op knows
Gamefreak fucked up
>>
>>26619926
Nah. It's perfect as it is.
>>
>>26619320
This
>>26619541
100th? Eh, who cares about that ? Head Canon? This actually makes a ton of sense, so I doubt it's head canon.
>>26619622
Isn't Bronzor capable of having an ability that resists heat?
>>
>>26619699
Little kids, especially in Japan, definitely know what Alchemy is.
>>26619926
Nah. It died because you asshats killed it.
>>
So, its coloration is supposed to be based on an astronaut suit?
>>
people saying solgaleo shouldn't be weak to fire because it represents the sun are full of bullshit. if it were fire type it would be weak to water and the sun being weak to water makes LESS sense than the sun being weak to another sun.
>>
>>26620436
It's based on fight fire with fire
>>
>>26620506
exactly my point. i think the only people really upset and not just shitposting are firefags and metafags.
>>
MOMENTO MORI, WHEN THE NINETH LION ATE THE SUN.
>>
>>26619699
>this little kid can't use google to look up all kemmy
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.