[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>for the first time ever, the **main** rival is the one that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: Sun_Moon_Hau[3].png (347 KB, 446x1280) Image search: [Google]
Sun_Moon_Hau[3].png
347 KB, 446x1280
>for the first time ever, the **main** rival is the one that always uses the starter weak against yours
>the rival that uses the one strong against yours is the "lesser" rival who you don't see or battle nearly as often

Thoughts? Could this be the future? A nice change of pace or hurr they casualized it?
>>
File: why would you do that.png (172 KB, 540x279) Image search: [Google]
why would you do that.png
172 KB, 540x279
>>26616805
OP, you should know better to ask a question on /vp/ that you already know the answer to
>>
>>26616805
Doesn't really matter if he has the one weakest or strongest to you, he would still be easy to beat either way, just like every rival.
>>
Idiot nerds will bitch about how this is somehow a "bad" thing. Games have moved on from "muh difficulty" being the main focus. Some people have lives and gotta keep playing without having to put effort.
>>
>>26616949
But they never were all that difficult. Now they are just pointless.
>>
>>26616805
We don't even know if Hau's the main rival

Shauna got more screentime and development than Serena but Serena's still the "main" rival according to most people
>>
>>26616805
I'd rather have Hau as the main rival. I hate "mysterious girl" type characters, and I'm worried they're going to push Lillie on the player constantly.

That's the one thing I'm dreading, so I'd welcome Hau being the only rival even if he picks the weaker starter. I'd beat him regardless so it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>26617164
There was never any confirmation that Lillie would take the stronger one. Or that she would be a rival at all, stop listening to hearsay.
>>
>>26616998
You are still gonna buy it and eat it up, faggot
>>
I love how everyone has yet to piece together we are now the gary oak of this sun and moon.
>>
inb4 the rest of his team is filled with unstoppable giganiggas and the only mon you can beat is his starter.
>>
>>26617513
So he's going to beat you?
>>
>>26617563
Now theres a plot twist
>>
It wouldn't be so bad on its own, but if the rivals show up like twice and have a team of 3 pokemon that are completely shit like in X/Y then it will be pointless in even having them at all.

tbqph if S/M are as bad as X/Y I'm taking another break from Pokemon. Because it's reaching the point where they play themselves.
>>
>Implying Lillie isn't the real rival

"Not fond of making Pokemon battle" translates to "Will pick the stronger starter to put you down faster."
>>
Such a terrible thread.
>>
>>26617872
"Lillie gets the stronger starter guys!" is a meme until we actually see it.
>>
File: trailer shot.png (378 KB, 551x322) Image search: [Google]
trailer shot.png
378 KB, 551x322
>>26617914

>Is right next to the protagonist instead of Kukui when the starters are given out

Just accept it.
>>
>>26618099
That's probably because she's his assistant, so she's helping with the tutorial explanations.
>>
File: 1462891035716.jpg (217 KB, 494x632) Image search: [Google]
1462891035716.jpg
217 KB, 494x632
>>26618142

>Tutorial for stater choosing
>>
>>26617914
she could get a starter and not fight with it you know, ever thought about that?
>>
>>26618256
The entire game is a tutorial.
They've all been.
>>
>>26618273
She could fight you and not use a starter at all, which is why we suspiciously haven't seen her in battle, because her team is all pokemon that have yet to be revealed, so they can't show it.
>>
>>26617164

I think it'd be nice to have a main rival that is female and somewhat try hard and is an actual competent trainer regardless of which gender you pick (since Serena turns into Calem if you play as female).

Of course, I also want things like the Elite Four having 5-6 pokemon each, gyms not having less than 3-4 pokemon, and random trainers not rarely having more than two pokemon.
>>
>>26618369

Also, I feel like we're due for a female villain as well. The leaders of the organizations are always male, I'd like to see a female villain sometime just to mix things up.
>>
Rival isn't even an officially-recognized term, at least not anymore. It's fanon. It doesn't mean anything, there's no definition for what it is.

"Main rival" listen to how stupid you sound. TPCi would sooner refer to all these characters as equal friends than "rivals". And they'd be right.
>>
>>26616805
Maybe he'll take both unpicked starters.
>>
>>26616805
He's your your rival, he's your friend

:^))))))))))))
>>
>>26616805
>Hau
>main rival
He's literally May/Brendan. The incompetent retarded neighbor.
>>
>>26617563
If the protag picks Rowlet and Popplio gets an ass load of ice moves it might happen
Still unlikely
>>
>>26618387
>Also, I feel like we're due for a female villain as well. The leaders of the organizations are always male, I'd like to see a female villain sometime just to mix things up.

AAAAAAAHH SJWS ARE RUINING GAMING AAAAAH
>>
>>26619713

Is this some kind of /pol/ double reverse false flagging, or just the usual SJW false flagging?

Either way Gamefreak would have to be very careful with a female villain. Try too hard and she'll feel forced, but don't try hard enough and it'll seem like her admins are the ones really in charge. Female Champions like Cynthia can get by with simple elegance, but a female team boss needs to feel intimidating. It's an uphill battle.
>>
>>26619625
Triggered much, doucherivalfag?

>hes may/brendan

He doesnt change genders if you play as the other gender :^)
>>
Pretty sure that Lillie's "Doesn't like Pokemon to fight" Is a facade. She definitely screams 'secretly evil'.
>>
File: update 5 pic 10_zps72m2tusy.png (81 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
update 5 pic 10_zps72m2tusy.png
81 KB, 400x240
Reminder that these two were Sycamore's assistants in X/Y.

You never fight them, or see their Pokemon, and they could have been removed entirely without affecting the plot.

What makes Kukui's assistant any different?
>>
>>26619910
Well they seemed to do a good job with the admin lady in HG/SS, even though there wasn't much to see and the other admins were just retarded
>>
>>26620364
She's "mysterious" and supposedly important to the story going by her summary on the website.
>>
>>26619910
I'd prefer a transgender leader, t b h.
It's gen 7, I think it's about time.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.