[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Little things you want changed in the new gen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 11
File: Pause Menu.png (18 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
Pause Menu.png
18 KB, 256x192
For the love of God, please have in Sun & Moon the pause menu not be in all caps? Your name not being the same triggers my autism.
>>
Same.
Other autism trigger: IVs and HMs
REMOVE
THIS
SHIT
Muh Asperger goes crazy
>>
>>26615794
Name yourself in all caps. Problem solved Autismo
>>
Mass delete/release for pokemon please
able to skip egg hatching or make it shorter
Let pokemon who learned certain moves as their pre evo relearnable like egg moves are.
>>
>>26615843
Then you'll be the only character with a name that they shout.

> It's time to embark on your journey Hau and STEVE!
>>
>>26615829
HMs have sucked since day one. I don't mind being able to use pokemon outside of battle to do stuff like fly or surf, but does there need to be a move for it?
>>
>>26615794
Full autism ahead:
>Pokemon that follow you (It was in HG/SS, why they don't get back it?)
>Separate HM Slots
>NPCs accepts your "No" answer, but it don't affects the game.

And there is a big thing:
>I want more options to end game than becoming a Champion.
I bet a lot of people want, for example, become a Pokemon Professor or even Assistant/Contests Master/Pokemon Breeder/E4 Member/Gym Leader. Becoming a Champion is nice too, but I that random NPCs comes to you and fight for Champion title.
>>
>>26615878
I fucked up.
It should be: Becoming a Champion is nice too, but I MISS that random NPCs comes to you and fight for Champion title.
>>
>>26615878
I could understand why it would be hard to have Pokemon follow you because of the size of some of them. But at the same time, you can just restrict it so you can't have a Wailord do it.

As for being the Champion, they do need to have you become the Champion instead of just resetting it so you don't actually become Champion.
>>
>>26615794
Less random paths that lead to pointless things, like potions and Pokeballs.
>>
>>26615905
This, also bring back the item box. Or something like a chest at home you can put stuff in, custom boxes too. I hate carrying around a million hold items that I will never use but don't want to toss.
>>
File: 2az.jpg (576 KB, 2260x2177) Image search: [Google]
2az.jpg
576 KB, 2260x2177
>>26615845
>he doesnt inject
>>
>>26615901
I was surprised when in XY there was a huge celebration and everyone acknowledged it... but I guess that was also cause you Saved the world..
>>
File: 43897567890.jpg (33 KB, 704x396) Image search: [Google]
43897567890.jpg
33 KB, 704x396
>save slots
>fix the awful HM system already
>less clunky PC interface
>save slots
>bring back the cell phone system from gen II
>make pokemon amie more involved and rewarding
>keep contests and expand on them
>save slots
>less linearity (face gyms in any order?)

I also think it'd be great to have separate save slots.
>>
>>26615905
Yeah let's just have everything be one big straight line
>>
>>26615994
>less linearity (face gyms in any order?)
I was thinking this. Plus challenge them at their best with their best teams, like with HGSS. Have it canon like with Pokemon Origins that they use specific teams depending on how many badges you have.
>>
Also, gyms that actually look like Pokemon gyms! You go in and challenge the top 3 student trainers at the gym learning under the leader. The Gym leader then grants you your shot at his badge. I don't mind having puzzle rooms though, but have it be something seperate, similar to the puzzle house in RSE.
>>
>>26616024
To expand, I mean you have a real arena, with bleachers and in the back Pokemon (of the specific type), training in their habit made room. The water gym have pools and stuff for example.
>>
>you got 5 pokémon in your party
>catch a pokémon
>slot 6 is wasted
>it's shittier than expected
>bye bye? not right now
>where's the next pokécenter?

where's the problem to release a pokémon when i'm in the wild? there's none!

that should be changed
>>
File: 1460804388087.png (228 KB, 358x408) Image search: [Google]
1460804388087.png
228 KB, 358x408
>>26616029
I'd just like to see more gym variety in general. There's STILL never been a Dark type gym, and Poison and Ghost have just one each, the latter dating way back to Johto. I'm getting tired of all these Bug/Grass gyms.

>it's a tree
>it's a web
>it's trees
>it's a tree

>>26616086
I think the reason that isn't a feature is the same reason HM's have been such a pain in the asshole all these years. It's for the sake of the player not accidentally boning themselves into an area they can't escape.

For example, let's say you used Surf to get to an island. Once you're there, you release your surfing Pokemon, or it forgets how to use the move. You might be able to salvage the second scenario, but in the first, you're fucked if you don't have a backup surfer.
>>
>>26616139
Scratch that, I forgot about Fantina. Still, some types get way more representation than others. There's 17 of the fuckers, this shouldn't be an issue.
>>
>>26616139
Just turn all HMs into TMs so you can forget them and relearn them as needed and make the PC system able to be accessed on your watch thing, I don't get how these still aren't thing
>>
>>26616159
You also forgot about Roxie. But the point still stands, too many first gyms are rock, grass or something.
>>
>>26616165
I agree about HM's, though I'd prefer they'd just let you teach them to a Pokemon without NEEDING to have them keep it in their move list. Some HM's are just fucking shit, and four slots per poke isn't a lot to work with. I also hate that they're frequently mandatory; I shouldn't have to feel obligated to always have a water type in my team.

The portable PC thing sounds like a dream on paper, but it creates the issue I was talking about before. I guess they could just disallow you to release Pokemon from your overworld PC.
>>
>>26616139
sure, that explains why it doesn't work with hm-pokémon
but that could be solved with some kinda filter
>>
>>26615878
>Pokemon that follow you (It was in HG/SS, why they don't get back it?)
That was HGSS' kinda nice but kinda useless gimmick (should have been able to choose which Pokémon is out, not only the first one), it won't be back.
>>
>>26616267
Oh yeah, they could totally fix it if they were inclined to. Pokemon has so many glaring, easy-to-solve annoyances, it's incredible that they've stuck around for 6 generations. I remember /vp/ throwing a fucking fiesta when they confirmed TM's were reusable in Black & White.
>>
>>26616290
It will come back when the console finally has the power to run both the outworld and the high poly models that the pokemon have. Its more of a technical issue right now really.
>>
>>26616267
There actually already is a filter that prevents you from releasing the last Pokemon you have that knows a certain HM.
>>
>>26616338
Ehh, I dunno man. Now that Pokemon has shifted from sprites to a more realistically proportioned overworld, I don't think we'll be seeing the feature make a comeback. They'd have to shrink down or grow certain pokemon to ridiculous lengths to have them feasibly follow you around without complication. They'd also have to give almost all of them brand new animations, which would be a herculean task.
>>
>>26616010
I feel like this ties in with the problem with HMs.
>You need X HM to get past Y area. Beat Z gym leader so you can use X HM outside of battle
If they remove HMs from the game, it removes the linearity of the progression.

Having events based on how many badges you have, and gyms progressively getting tougher based on gym badges and stuff. That would be neat. Like on 1st playthrough, the 1st gym is using some shitter level 15 mons or something. Next playthrough, you do that guy last and he's rocking out with level 50 versions of the same pokemon (possibly more, though the idea of all gym leaders, rival battles (excluding 1st and maybe 2nd ones), E4 and Champ having 6 mons is gr8).

Issue comes with wild pokemon though. Can just casually progress through and wipe the first few gyms with ease 'cause you've been training on wild level 30 mons. Though in Alola could be easier to get around this by limiting access to next islands until you beat all the gyms on that island (in whatever order).
>>
File: 1456986293667.png (275 KB, 404x341) Image search: [Google]
1456986293667.png
275 KB, 404x341
>>26615794
eh
>>
File: 1465094629220.jpg (573 KB, 1387x2048) Image search: [Google]
1465094629220.jpg
573 KB, 1387x2048
>>26616540
They should stop the limiting bullshit and just have dynamically leveled gyms to always be a decent challenge. And give us a boat or a proper pokemon flying service so we don't have to waste battle move slots on map access.
>>
>>26616613
The HM's convey such basic actions pokemon could do that making a boat/plane service seems too unnecessary. You obtain fly, get the gym badge, and if any pokemon within your team is capable of flight, you should be able to do it whenever you want. Countless pokemon can cut a fucking tree or smash a rock so if anyone of them in your team can do so, you should have access designating it to a single mon and putting it's movepool on lock down. Actually teaching the moves as an attack should be completely separate. They can totally keep the linearity of unlocking HM's but add more convenience.

That's like having to replace a human's ability to talk with walk whenever you need to move.

Another question. Why the fuck are they all CD's?
>>
>>26616402
>implying that the overworld sprites weren't already shrunk/grown to ridiculous proportions in HGSS

Nobody cares about the ratio of the following pokemon to the rest of the world that much. at least not to such a degree that they'd rather there's no following Pokemon at all
>>
> Choose a Pokémon to follow you
> Save slots
> Hard mode
> Hard mode+
> Good looking starter evolutions
> Character customization
> Battle frontier
> Better gym rematches
> HMs don't use a move slot
> HMs not required to reach gyms
> A lot more TMs
> A lot more Pokémon
> Release Pokémon outside of PC
> Better multiplayer
> More specific global trades (shows stats, moves, look for specific things or types, etc.)
> Pokéamie is useful
> Better contests
> Less shiny giveaways
> Latios/Latias flying instead of map
> More stuff in the sky
> Steel, Dark, Poison, Ground, Psychic, Fairy, Flying, or Ghost gyms
> Double single types (Grass/Grass, 4x fire weak 4x water strong)
> More optional dungeons
> Less grinding
> Better breeding
> Pokémon riding or vehicles
> New type?
> Pokémon customization
>>
>>26616008
>being this retarded
Or you know... put useful items at the end of those paths or unique spawns.
>>
File: gVcxX9C.png (416 KB, 1024x535) Image search: [Google]
gVcxX9C.png
416 KB, 1024x535
>>26615794
I want the early regions to start you out with more than just bird, bug, and rodent mon.

C'mon, Gamefreak. Put these little fuckers to good use.
>>
>>26615794
>Side quests for fucks sake (at least one per city/town and some that require back tracking)
>Hard mode from the get go
>Story does not involve saving the world
>More in depth contests with its own Poke League equivalent
>Every other gym is either a double battle, triple battle, or rotation battle
>Mid battle evolution
>Visual saturation adjuster
>Too many things to list now
>>
>>26617659
Black 2 & White 2 kinda did.
>>
>>26617659
B2&W2 did a good job with implementing Riolu, Elekid, and MAgby early on, but I'd also like to see an ice area fairly early on as well. It's always towards the end of the game and by then, the ice types are typically outmached.
>>
>>26615853
>Steve

Well there's your problem.
>>
>>26617848
>>Story does not involve saving the world
Why does this retarded idea keep coming up? Everything else sounds good, especially having Hard Mode accessible from the start, but that one is just utterly stupid.
>>
File: Floccesy_Ranch_Summer_B2W2.png (25 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
Floccesy_Ranch_Summer_B2W2.png
25 KB, 256x192
>>26617870
>>26617906
I loved the Floccesy Ranch. Hopefully we can get a route like that in Alola.
>>
Honestly, maybe too much of what I want from Pokemon would just turn it into Shin Megami Tensei. Multiple endings, more story, an entire line of story depending on joining the criminal team and overthrowing the Pokemon League, a darker tone, that kind of thing. And I think the games would be better if they'd made the HM moves' on-field effects as items instead, like they were going for in the development of Gen1 before changing it. Only a few of them are worth using as moves, and it leads to HM slaves taking up slots in the party. But for relatively plausible things, if you're going to make the main game insultingly easy for little kids raised on instant-gratification phone games who would try to look for a button to buy levels if you made it too hard on them, at least have, like, a harder Master Mode available from the start for those of us who have been playing for most of our lives. And maybe have the rivals be less overbearingly annoying. They pissed me off in Unova and Kalos.
>>
S A V E S L O T S
A
V
E

S
L
O
T
S
>>
No more HMs. You want to Fly? Get a flying Pokemon. You want to Surf? Use your water type. Strength? Fighting type.

Incentivize catching those damn Pokemon.
>>
>>26615853
I actually like them shouting my name
>>
>>26615994
>bring back the cell phone system
how can anyone even think of that
>>
Good gym rematches. So not those in XY.

A report option for GTS so you can report those bullshit trades like Diglett for Mew or Raticate for Zapdos level 1-10. Offering the other way around would be fine, though. Or just a general overhaul of GTS like >>26617503 said.

Hard Mode option from the start.

Fertile Nidorina/Nidoqueen (this bothers me more than it should).

No event legendaries or if they do, make us work for them instead of just handing them over to the player. And if we get D/P remakes this gen, Deoxysify one of their event legendaries. That gen has too many, one more or less won't hurt them.

A post-game battle facility with different kind of battles. Not just Singles/Doubles etc. but the Battle Frontier ones too.

Regions pre-Kalos felt more alive when there were multiple locations you could catch a certain Pokémon in instead of just one route.

>>26617659
This. Being able to get Togepi, Riolu, Budew, Magby and Elekid in the early-game was great.
>>
>>26618151
>Only a few of them are worth using as moves
Why not fix this part then
>>
>>26616139

There are two ghost-type gyms.
>>
>Horde encounter
>Use Thief
>Steal Pokemon 1's item
>Use Thief again
>Pokemon 2's item goes directly to your bag
>>
>>26618357
I agree, if they're going to keep HM's make them stronger so they don't become a waste of a moveslot
>>
>>26618599
I think they should just throw dancing men blockades everywhere and have HM puzzles all lead to optional rewards.
>>
>>26618390
I like this
>>
>>26618636
I pretty much agree with this. Making HMs not take up a slot always seemed like addressing the symptom rather than the main problem. The world/level design should be good enough that it doesn't involve arbitrary road blocks like certain boulders that happen to be smash-able, or certain trees that happen to be cut-able.

I would like better reasons for gating progress than what I've seen in the games though.
>"Don't come through here, I'm looking at these footprints!"
Fuck off nerd.
>>
>>26620417
I think the use of HM's outside of getting to the next major destination is what adds to the actual travel aspect of the game. There's nothing wrong with back tracking to that small body of water and surfing to get that one item. Makes the world feel organic. Without stuff like that it all feels linear. That and it's boring to have scripted obstacles. The game makes it your objective to get rid of them. If I can't get past this rock I'll go find the HM, defeat the Gym Leader and smash my way through. Completely reasonable. Although stuff like waiting for two kids to finish their pokemon battle is also a good obstacle like in Gold/Silver.

The items you get could totally be a lot better. I sure as fuck don't want more and more ethers and elixirs. Make them all hold items or TM's. Maybe stat boosting items or something worth selling for money. I don't want another fucking pokeball. That and generally making the use of HM's less constricting and limiting.
>>
>>26615794
Each type should get unique perks.
Mixed types would get two perks.

I would complelty reworked abilities too as they are shit.
>>
>>26620575
Oh I'm not against SIDE areas being locked behind some kind of HM progression, backtracking with new abilities is what makes Metroidvania games so engaging. Like the guy I quoted, putting optional rewards behind them is fine. They should definitely be Key Items or something though.
>>
Completly remake of items because there is too many items that serve only one purpose and thats stupid. Every item should have at least two different uses.
Example?
> Protector Boost Defence
> In game if you train Rhydon you would get a "Rhydon is curious about Protector in your bag!" massage.

Also some itmes should be ONLY obtainable in one game and you need to trade with someone to get one.
>>
>>26620611
Uh, care to elaborate? The Ability system is pretty good as it is, I don't know what you mean by "perks" and how they would be any different/better than Abilities.
>>
>>26620665
Well shit my mistake. But yeah I wish there was more payoff to all the HM backtracking in pokemon games. Even if it was a hidden trainer with a stronger than usual team than the first time you were there or something.
>>
I just want the ability to play exclusively with the touch pad, and of course the d-pad. HGSS had the best control scheme because of this.
>>
>>26620683
By perks I mean stuff like we have now: Poison cant be poisoned. But wits better twists to make every type reallu unique.
here is a list I made a long time ago:
Normal - Most diverse and crazy movepools
Fire - Have + 20 % To Burn enemy
Fighting - Every fighting attack have +20% to lower defence
Water- Stat boost in water areas/rain
Flying- opponents special attacks - 10% accuracy
Grass- Auto heal in sun ( same amount as leftovers)
Poison- + 20% to poison enemy with Poison moves
Electric- + 20% to paralyze enemy with electric moves
Ground- Defence boost in sandstorm
Psychic + 10% to flinch enemy with psychic move
Rock -20% sp Defence in rain +20% sp defence in sandstorm
Ice- + 30% To freeze the enemy with ice moves
Bug- I was thinking about + 10% To poison/burn/paralyze.
Dragon - Best stats
Ghost Enemy moves -10% Accuracy
Dark- 10% to flinch enemy using any dark move
Ofcourse weather would be changed too to fix some problems.
>>
>>26620790
Looking at this set-up just makes me really angry that they never made a WiiU game with this same layout on the gamepad.
>>
>>26620683
>Pokebody- The ability that fits to that pokemon and is connected to its body ( like shed skin,)
>Poke power is individual, it can be almost any ability that fits to Pokemon. Thanks to this every Pokemon really would be diferent, and that would allow to use many diferent movesets.
And it will be not breedable.

Kids would have random Poke power too. That would encourage people to trade to get a Pokemon they want.
In addition there would be a guy... Let's call it Ability master that can change your Pokepower for heartscale or some other shit
or:
- (little unnatural)Pokemon have multiple abilities and gain access to them as they level up. Players can freely choose which abiity they want (if they've unlocked it via leveling). Some abilities are taught by tutors.
>>
Item storage
>>
Have a machine that let's you boost I.Vs in exchange for BP.
>>
>>26620821
The problem is that kind of generalizes all Pokemon of the same type and makes each individual one less unique as a result. Also not all Pokemon of a type would fit the same perk.

For example:
>Water- Stat boost in water areas/rain
This makes sense for pokemon like Lotad and plant-types that would like rain a lot, but not for cacti pokemon, etc.
>Ground- Defence boost in sandstorm
Similarly, this is cool for desert pokemon, but not all ground types live in sand habitats so it doesn't always make the most sense.

If they were all a lot more subtle and they existed in addition to the Abilities we have now, I could see it working. Types getting a slight boost to their respective status ailment is mild enough.
>>
The ability to turn off egg hatching animation while retaining ORAS's infinite bike loop. That why you can just get 5 eggs and look away for 5 minutes to hatch them.
>>
>>26618164

Never happening because then parents will only buy one copy for all their kids to share.
>>
Alternate sprites because it's boring to see the same sprites.
I want to see more Grass Pokémon to have the season gimmick of Deerling/Sawsbuck or black/white Ursaring to seem like grizzly/polar bear
>>
File: nlm2otd9tX1uoqrhso1_500.png (166 KB, 500x621) Image search: [Google]
nlm2otd9tX1uoqrhso1_500.png
166 KB, 500x621
>>26620973
I've seen a bunch of artist interpretations of regional variations for the same species of Pokemon. It's a really cool idea, but I doubt anyone at GF gives enough of a shit to put the effort into actually making it happen.
>>
>>26620821
ghost types are immune to trapping moves, grass types are immune to powders, fire-types can't get burned, electric-types can't get paralyzed, and rock already gets +spd in sandstorm...
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 557x479) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 557x479
>>26615794
>name all of my boxes
>"BATTLE BOX" is still in all caps
>>
be able to search the gts by "looking for" so you can see who wants your charmander or whatever the fuck

also permit a couple 'mon in the looking-for list (e.g. you can ask for either graveler or machoke, you don't have to arbitrarily pick one), but i'm more surprised the first change isn't already in the game because it'd make the gts a lot more usable
>>
I would like there to be a penalty when someone disconnects from a battle on purpose, kinda like in Pokken.

I don't have a clue as to how they'd determine whether or not it was on purpose, but people disconnecting when they're about to lose is annoying as hell.
>>
>>26621052
That suckle in the middle is cray cray
>>
>>26621296
I think you mean...
clay clay ;^)
>>
>>26615794
The lack of consistency annoys me. When learning a move there are 2 or maybe 3 different looking screens depending on how the move is learnt. Some buttons are in lower case while some are uppercase.

>>26620417
>The world/level design should be good enough that it doesn't involve arbitrary road blocks
But that's how most games work. Look at Zelda - most dungeons require a weapon obtained from a previous dungeon (eg hookshot).
>>
>>26620821
I like the idea but those percentages are way too high, should be 5% max.
>>
>group movement/searching function in PC
>HMs are now items
>makes IVs and EVs easily visible and tracked
>hard mode
>>
>HM moves increase in power based on the number of badges you have
>HM moves are only required once (use rock smash to clear an area and it remains cleared forever, surf to an island and complete a short quest to open a port)
>Gym leaders and trainers get stronger/more pokemon as you have more badges
>wild pokemon level with you to a certain point (when they stop leveling you know to move on)
>hard mode where items cost more, you lose more money on white-out and gym leaders 'cheat' (ground gym has a perma-sandstorm, thunder gym has rain)
>>
I keep seeing people suggesting a 'Hard Mode' but I'm not really sure how to properly make a pokemon game 'harder' without just raising levels or making it a grindfest.
>>
>>26623715
Turn off Exp Share, intentionally pick weaker Pokemon, there are plenty of ways.
>>
>>26615829
I actually like IV, that feel when I get a perfect 6 IV's are the best, even if having all perfect 6 isn't optimal.
>>
>>26623781
Good one feggit
>>
>>26615994
>save slots
GF will never do this. It would take away sales from people buying both versions.
>>
>>26623715
You could start by using better AI
The funny part is that it's implemented already but it's just never used in game
>>
>>26623715
Battle Maison AI, rival trainers can use items as well, every "good trainer" (ace trainers, gym leaders, etc) after 3rd/4th gym carries 6 pokémon, teams are balanced and Pokémon carry hold items...

There are lots of ways
>>
>>26615971
Because I'm not a degenerate
>>
>>26615794
All I want is the removal of HM's. Turn them into TM's and give us Key items.
>>
>not naming yourself: retard, shithead, oy vey or anything else for a cheap laugh here and there
>>
>>26623994
I'll never understand censoring in a game you play for your own personal enjoyment. At best you'll make some 10 year call their mommy when they complain about the Wonder Traded Scraggy called Nigger.

Actually wait that's an amazing way to shitpost all over the online. It's kinda reasonable.
>You will never send off your army of Perfect IV'd Scraggys, all named nigger, to a random lucky boy or girl around thee world.
>>
I kinda want a more story-heavy focus with a stronger foundation in its own lore. It seemed like they were improving on that front in Generations 3, 4, and 5, and then they went in a different direction for Gen6, to the detriment of the series. If not in the main series, because I know it would be controversial, then at least in a spinoff game of some kind.
>>
>>26622829
You can drag groups of mons in the PC already
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.