[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would somebody who hates X, Y and ORAS care to explain to me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 18
File: XY-logo.jpg (35 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
XY-logo.jpg
35 KB, 400x400
Would somebody who hates X, Y and ORAS care to explain to me how exactly you think game freak fucked up so bad?
I really never understood the hate, I thought they did a fine job.
>>
File: 1448565155665.png (113 KB, 397x407) Image search: [Google]
1448565155665.png
113 KB, 397x407
>>26615425
Don't particularly hate the game but am more disappointed with the results in general. The games have areas that are unfinished, the graphics are far behind (even when comparing to other 3ds titles), the handholding/lack of difficulty modes, and Megas given to Pokémon that were OP without them further increasin the power creep.

Also salty of no mega Flygon and Battle Frontier.
>>
>>26615425
My main gripe with it is im overleveled all the damn time. Ignoring anything its not even challenging. I played through Black 2 for the first time 3 weeks ago and struggled. Then i replay X and its a cakewalk. That said i dont hate Pokémon XY.
>>
>>26615461
The difficulty and power creep have always been problems with pokemon. Why XY in particular?
I'd say the graphics are great as well, particularly the pokemon models.
>>
>>26615425
I'll do my best

>Characters
They did a 180 from Plat/HGSS/BW/BW2 and have no characters leave their gyms asides from Korrina and no one progresses, Shauna still wants memories, Tierno still wants to Dance, Trevor still completes his Pokedex, and your rival does their thing.
Lysandre and Diantha are the worst at their jobs too you never see each of them or have a motive for what their doing and never appear

>Causalizing
First off EXP share by default being on. You create 350% more exp than you should have. Look at your teams in this game, Tierno has 3 battles, one with a single corpfish, then a double battle with that, and then 6 and a half badges later he has his last battle with 3 Pokemon with no Pokemon with 4 moves then you never get to see him again
>>
I wouldn't say hate, but I was just really disappointed by XY & ORAS.
3D models and a 3D world are so great, I know the framerates and jagged pixels are awful but this is exactly what I imagined a Pokemon game should look like when I first played Red when I was little.

But aside from that, everything feels handed to you and there are just so many fewer areas to go explore on your own that aren't a part of the main story. It all just feels horribly railroaded, with people constantly telling you what to do or where to go and not much deviation from those places of interest you're forced to go check out.

I just want to feel like I'm adventuring with a team of monsters and figure things out for myself again.
>>
>>26615461
>>26615477
Not OP but many of those "flaws" are shared by all the games.
Not to mention

>and Megas given to Pokémon that were OP without them further increasin the power creep.
Straight up ignoring half the fucking megas being given to weak or unpopular Pokemon

>I played through Black 2 for the first time 3 weeks ago and struggled
This isn't even a good point, i can say i had the opposite experience and my opinion would have just as much value.

>>26615511
>But aside from that, everything feels handed to you and there are just so many fewer areas to go explore on your own that aren't a part of the main story. It all just feels horribly railroaded, with people constantly telling you what to do or where to go and not much deviation from those places of interest you're forced to go check out.
Or this for example. Shared by BW and BW2 but no, in this thread it's a XYORAS exclusive.
>>
>>26615501
>unimportant side character doesn't have a good team
who cares
>>
>>26615461
>the graphics are far behind (even when comparing to other 3ds titles)
Did you even played XY? The graphics are great desu.
>>
Comming straight from gen 5, XY was a a step down in terms of...

Rivals
Story
Challenge
Music
Tutors left out again
Champion and E4 not having a hard mode
Champion just plain sucks in general
Evil team sucks
Random locations that you can't visit like the various power pants in the desert.
Almost nonexistent postgame things to do outside of breeding, friend safari, and the maison.
(ALL OPINIONS NOT FACTS)

I have few if any issues with ORAS.
>>
>>26615524
>lalala i cant hear you: the post
>>
I actually really liked XY overall, and parts of ORAS, but they definitely had their flaws, the foremost of which is that everything feels kinda rushed and incomplete, especially in regards to inaccessible areas, the story, certain important characters, some of the dungeons, Zygarde, and the post-game. So yeah, a lot of stuff. 7th Gen be damned, we really needed Pokemon Z to save Kalos's reputation among long-term fans, and it just feels like Game Freak choose to cut their loses and run instead.

Megas were (and are) another controversial aspect of the games, both because of power-creep and because it prevents a lot of Pokemon who really need vanilla evolutions from receiving them.

Battle-wise, though, I feel the games have never been better.
>>
>>26615501
Cont, I don't know why I stopped there

No rematches, of any kind. And if you say battle Chateu, if you use those level ups or down it becomes their level up movesets. Diantha and you rival are the only 2 people in the who game with 6 Pokemon. I do Bw2 N Iris All of the Elite 4 Ghetsis Colress Cheren Bianca Hugh Alder and Cynthia. It's like they forgot we can play smart and we like games with difficulty. NO ONE IN THE WHOLE GAME USES ITEMS BESIDES MEGA GYRADOS AND GARDEVOIR

>Story/Postgame
Jesus Christ this fucking story man. It's a shitty rehash of DP, and it wasn't even a good story in the first place.
>They steal electricity
again
>Villian wants to reshape the whole world in his own image
Again
Although they use the legendary as a battery which is different.
You only see admins once before the final place admins in every room, and I can't tell you their namesakes playing these games 3 times.

I do like the looker story line

Battle Maision is hands down the most bullshit postgame facility we've gotten. In DP the head of the tower we knew as Palmer our fathers rival. I seriously thought they were going to do this for Serena because everyone says her parents where good trainers. The HaxMaison has the most bullshit RNG drop after the level 60 I've ever seen. That's it, Looker+Hax Maison that's it for postgame
>>
>>26615532
>Literally your rivals don't have a complete movesets

They seemed to do that for Bianca/Cheren/N

Then who has a good moveset anon?
>>
>>26615425
I didn't hate the game but here are a few of my complains.
>Random unused places (power plants)
>Nonthing to do post game.
>Rivals were piss easy
>The space between 1st and 2nd Gym was great, then it was not even 100 yards and you get another.
>The big bads plot was stupid.
>The gyms were piss easy
>No hard mode
>Some pokemon feel stiff.
>>
The problem is that they spent all that time modeling the Pokemon so they have stupid high polycounts on a system where you can't even appreciate it. As a result, everything else suffers and it shows.
>>
>>26615606
> can't remember the admins

Yeah this too. I could remember Ghetsis, N, Colress, Anthea, Concordia from BW/2. I literally can't name any of the admins from XY...Not sure if it's the lack of caring, them looking boring, or the fact all of the girls looks so samey.
>>
>>26615575
>i can't respond properly so i'll act like a retard: the post
>>
>>26615633
That's why Alola should (hopefully!) have more effort put into everything else, all that modelling work is done.
>>
>>26615524
You may be right about Gen 5 having those problems first, but I didn't play Black+White2 until after I beat XY, so gen 6 was my first exposure to the new hand holding and rail roading game aspects.
>>
>>26615578
If anything, X&Y feels like a beta game, like it was the test run for a 3D model/world game.
>>
>>26615575
Yes, that is what you just posted. Why are you quoting yourself?
>>
>>26615425
>I really never understood the hate

It's a /vp/ meme
Go outside of here and you'll see Gen 6 is loved
But /vp/ is full of Unovabortions who try to make people forget about how bad Gen 5 was by constantly shitting on Gen 6
>>
>>26615425
Every gym leader battles with only has 3 pokemon.

the random route trainers offer up more of a challenge.
>>
>>26615477
Did you try desactivating the exp all, cretin?
>>
>>26615614
>rivals
>s
But your only rival is Calem/Serena. While i won't defend Calem/Serena having 3 Pokemon with 3 moves(WHYY) Cheren and Bianca both having a Lick+Leer monkey before postgame is just as bad.

>>26615639
>Anthea, Concordia
If anything it's you who doesn't care if you manage to forget XY's admins while remembering these two literally whos that do absolutely NOTHING but speak a small paragraph in both games they're in.
>>
>>26615630
sounds like a normal pokemon game then
>>
>>26615703
Yes.
>>
>>26615425
The amount of Handouts are atrocious

MEGA Kanto starter
MEGA Lucario
Lapras just after being able to surfacing too!
Forced Snorlax encounter
(On a bridge too after being woken up with a Pokedex WOW!)
Fossil
Box Legendary

That plus your starter and you don't have to catch and single optional Pokemon in the game. You can tell how little they think of you

Plus they've changed HM's to just fucking things people hand out.

>Surf
Serena you might need this
>Fly
Here you go nobody! (Champion)
>Waterfall
thanks friend! Shauna

I've played the game 3 times and I don't remeber where you get Strength or Cut

>Grace, you mom
Does nothing, doesn't go
Got your award ceremony, heal your Pokemon, can't call them, doesn't hold money, can't give you items, doesn't do contents. She's just there

She's the perfect example for X and Y characters

Dexion and Sina
>HAHAHA
they don't even have official art
>>
Route 9
>>
>>26615710
Then what the fuck are the admins names anon? There's 4, why not condense a story onto 1-2 of them? They just keep adding more
>>
>>26615710
>If anything it's you who doesn't care
...That what I said...well meant to say. Didn't convey it well enough.
>>
>>26615535
>Music

Dude what?
Gen 5 had the worst music

If you think that this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50cPOgYCLXw

is better than this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf-F8EGblKA

You have serious taste issues
>>
>>26615535
/thread
>>
>>26615425
Rivals
>Their teams are a joke
>Their personalities are obnoxious
They stopped me at every single town and I got sick of them by the 4th gym
The Pokemon
>Only 72 new Pokemon
>Only old Pokemon had megas
I pride myself in using only new Pokemon whenever a new gen is released, and the small amount being introduced was bad enough on its own.
>>
>>26615710
No you actually have 4 rivals anon. The game tells you so. Fucking Face it, the games don't feel finished. The monkeys are just the type coverage mons I guess but their still trash
>>
>>26615724
RBY and GSC have more handouts

>box legendary is a handout
>Lapras is completely optional
bait

>Plus they've changed HM's to just fucking things people hand out.
Welcome to gen 3.
>>
>>26615744
>those awful squeals in the XY one
fucking hell I have them implanted in my brain. BW wins by a massive, massive distance. fix your taste
>>
>>26615744
Literally cheypicking

Everyone agrees it's the worst theme

If you thing this is bad you have serious taste issues https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OiNYhb543xs
>>
>>26615750
>The game tells you so.
Where?
>>
>>26615724
>Forced Snorlax encounter

Hated it so much
This kind of shit would've never happened in Gen 1
>>
>>26615744
Anon again opinions not facts. If you enjoy XY's music more I can respect that.
>>
>>26615744
You're kidding right? Team Flare had this high pitched thing that was like nails on a chalkboard. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tlDYJaCO8I
XY is also home to the worst gym leader music in the series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWpCQ-t6RLU
>>
File: Route3XY.jpg (158 KB, 1077x318) Image search: [Google]
Route3XY.jpg
158 KB, 1077x318
They hyped it up to be this massive 3D game with digievolutions, Pokemon riding and customisation. But in the end it was just all very shallow except the customisation.
>>
>>26615760
You can't not catch the legendary anon what don't you understand? They don't trust you that you have a Pokemon that can surf.

RBY
>Handouts
What the fuck anon the Lapras was purposely under leveled to the point of being useless in game

What does GSC give you? Togepi....?

In gen 3 you get them from people for doing things like Strength breaking those rocks in the Whismur cave, you get dive from the champion to check out The teams hideout. You're retatded
>>
>>26615724
You get a snorlax encounter, a lapras, a fossil in rby and frlg and a box legendary in every ither game. People give u HMs in every other game. Are you just fucking stupid?
>>
>>26615724
>>Grace, you mom
>Does nothing, doesn't go
Yeah! remember all of the things the other moms did?
>>
>>26615769
>Everyone agrees it's the worst theme

Yeah nah
It has to be this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvHVAk2DjS8

A champion battle theme that sounds like a fucking contest hall/department store background music...
I swer battling her felt like I was in Lilycove for the rooftop sale
>>
>>26615803
Go to your award ceremony for all of Kalos that was on TV. Fuck off actually defend her she doesn't help you in anyway in the game
>>
>>26615807
You basically described every single mom in the series.
>>
>>26615806
That video has 3x times views as Diantha's theme. Plus I was trying to sound like you too anon
>>
>>26615812
Does she heal you? No

Save money? No

Give you items? No

Participates in things outside of home? No

Able to be called and ask advice? No

She stays in the same place adding nothing to your journey
>>
File: 640px-RainbowroadMK7.png (459 KB, 640x384) Image search: [Google]
640px-RainbowroadMK7.png
459 KB, 640x384
>>26615806
>good theme
>pumps me up for the match
>literally rainbow road pokemon edition

Sorry senpai I can't relate
>>
>>26615814
>That video has 3x times views as Diantha's theme

Really faggot?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpgQa-TOk0M

Are you new to youtube and the internet in general?
Several videos of the same theme exist, you just happened to see two that fitted your agenda
>>
The part that so many people praise XY the most about, the stretch from the 1st gym to the 3rd, is probably the most annoying part for me.
Maybe other people enjoy being stopped by their shitty friends before they even have a chance to enter a town, but not me. Although, I think Reflection Cave was probably the only enjoyable part of XY's main game, but Kalos as a whole was very boring.
As for the Kalos Pokedex, it lacks both quality and quantity, I didn't even bother with the starters, boxed Froakie immediately.
None of this would be nearly as bad if the only post-game to speak of wasn't just the Looker side story.
The only decent thing about XY is that it's enjoyable to nuzlocke with the wide variety of wild Pokémon.

I don't even need to say anything about ORAS, the only things it has over Emerald are DexNav, which is a great feature, and soaring.
I would've paid half price for it, but not a full $40 pricetag for a game that's worse than the games it's supposedly remaking.
>>
>>26615797
I actually like the final release, it's more Poke-esque.
>>
>>26615500
The difficulty this time was flat out ridiculous. I never felt a sense of urgency. I also felt disconnected from the characters.
>>
>>26615820
B-but she used to Rhyhorn race! She used to be awesome!
>>
>>26615798
>You can't not catch the legendary anon what don't you understand?
I don't go and call Reshiram and Zekrom handouts. You have to catch them. They aren't given to you. It's retarded to call them handouts.

>They don't trust you that you have a Pokemon that can surf.
Evidently they trust you enough by making that NPC completely optional and missable, like i did. I didn't even know there was a gift Lapras until i saw it months later on Serebii's XY page.

>What the fuck anon the Lapras was purposely under leveled to the point of being useless in game
They don't trust you that you have a Pokemon that can surf.
Not mentioning the Hitmon, ALL the starters in Yellow, the free Eevee, TWO fossils...
GSC gives you ANOTHER free Eevee, a super Dratini in Crystal, Crystal again giving you babies of Pokemon that can potentially break the game.

Anyway it's still handouts.

>In gen 3 you get them from people for doing things like Strength breaking those rocks in the Whismur cave, you get dive from the champion to check out The teams hideout. You're retatded
So...you're saying that...they changed HMs so they're a thing that people hand out.
>>
>>26615887
Speaking of which, why the heck did they waste the time to actually put in they rhyhorn race track and bike race track if they not gonna use them for anything?
>>
>>26615425
I really liked XY
Kalos felt refreshing after the shitshow that was Unova
The only issue I have with XY is that there were too few new pokemon
>>
>>26615889
The catch rate for Zekrom, Reshiram, Edgebird and fairy deer are all around 45, which is close to like 10 times the catch rate of box legends from Gen 2, 3 & 4.

Because catching those 4 box legends are required for the story to progress, they practically are hand outs my dude.
>>
>>26615900
I'm sure the answer that GF would give would be to give the route some local flavor. I'm sure that the real answer is that they fucking ran out of time on a racing minigame and plopped down what completed assets they had.
>>
While I appreciate the Mega Evolutions for most Pokémon, as well as a good villain team, my internal beef would revel in the fact that Game Freak chose not to make a sequel or third version to address the elephant in the room for a majority of unresolved plot elements, like AZ, Malva's position with Team Flare, and Zygarde's true power.

I'm also slightly jealous that only Eevee got a cross gen evolution, but since Sylveon proved itself very handy in competitive play for most of Gen 6, I'll let it slide.

And I agree with a majority about how bad the difficulty is with those two games.
>>
>>26615945
Same here, them having to make a new 3d sprite for every previous pokemon made me understand though. There's no excuses if Sun and Moon has the same amount of new pokemon though.
>>
>>26616059
I forgot about one thing that trigger my autism. Why they didn't introduced a Dragon-type Eeveelutions along with Sylveon? These types are counterparts like Espeon/Umbreon and Leafeon/Glaceon.
>>
>>26615872
This. I feel like I'm the only one who finds friends apart from your actual rival in these games annoying as fuck. I couldn't stand Shauna.
>>
File: tips katana.jpg (165 KB, 1032x774) Image search: [Google]
tips katana.jpg
165 KB, 1032x774
>>26616155
>I don't like brown lolis
>>
>>26615500
theres low difficulty and theres just broken
>>
File: 1464508945441.jpg (44 KB, 302x582) Image search: [Google]
1464508945441.jpg
44 KB, 302x582
>>26616059
>CartoonFan1994
>>
>>26616203
>and theres just broken
Johto?
>>
>>26615425
>XY
>no one bar the champion has more than 3-4 pokemon before the game ends
>empty

What the fuck

ORAS I am pleasantly surprised by, but there's nothing like the old games.
>>
File: babby.jpg (117 KB, 352x259) Image search: [Google]
babby.jpg
117 KB, 352x259
>people complaining about the difficulty of pokemon when the in-game part has never been difficult during any part
>>
>>26616169
>not liking forced "cute" characters is edgy
>>26616221
>johto is broken meme
>>26616238
>I've never played Colosseum, Gale of Darkness, or Platinum and BW1's endgame
>>
>>26616266
The only difficult thing about Colosseum and XD were that your teams were extremely limited because of how the in-game was, what was hard about Platinum and BW1 endgame though I put countless hours in both and never felt like I was in trouble
>>
File: Pleased dennis.png (102 KB, 214x362) Image search: [Google]
Pleased dennis.png
102 KB, 214x362
>>26616266
>BW1's endgame
>After an intense match with N Victory is ours!
>Surprise Ghetsis out of nowhere
>Prepare to beat him to a pulp with my legend
>hax hydreigon proceeds to murder reshiram and the rest of my the team multiple times.
>>
>>26616287
>The only difficult thing about Colosseum and XD were that your teams were extremely limited because of how the in-game was
So, all of it? Gets you out if your comfort zone even harder than BW. As for Platinum, even if you have an Ice-type move, Garchomp can still be a bitch. Ghetsis's cheating ass also has his underleveled Hydreigon that will wreck pretty much anything you have in 2 turns. Of course, they're both easier if you pussed out and actually used the box legend.
>>
>>26616346
>Gets you out if your comfort zone even harder than BW
Yeah that's one of the reason why I liked those games but it's the only reason why they were slightly harder than mainline pokemon game and they're never going to make one like that

And I never had a problem with Garchomp honestly my Starmie melted him and I had a lvl 60 something Haxorous to deal with Ghetsis so that fight was easy
>>
>>26615425
I dislike the models on the pokemon as they looked like they were took with a flash camera
It was way too easy, Baby's first game with the exp.share and wondertrading(i actually really like wondertrade etc.)
I guess i am spoiled from pokemon B/W &B/W2 with their good story and plot. No plot in X/Y , kids sets out for journey yadayada. Ohh look bad gang , all severely underleveled and are easy to take down.
No post game but i guess that's fine as im just trying to complete dex.

Wouldn't say i hate X/Y as i spend money on it and it made EV and Ivs a lot more easier. 4-6/10
>>
>>26616387
Also constant Double Battles forced you to play a bit more tactically.
>lvl 60 something Haxorus
>overleveling
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>26615425
X and Y were decent games, but the soundtrack was pure bullshit. Not one track that was memorable. The scenery and new graphic engines and whatnot were great tho. Story was a little lacking too. Barely recognised the champion when I encountered her in battle. Call it cherrypicking but whatever it was ok, not really good imo
>>
>>26616440
That was pretty much the main pokemon I used because I hated most of Gen 5 designs, everything else I had was high 30s - low 40s.
>>
>>26616445
I really liked the Pokemon League theme and Snowbelle
>>
>>26616445
>but the soundtrack was pure bullshit. Not one track that was memorable.

Speak for yourself, fag
It found it much better than Gen V's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3XEUx4-76Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb-_MU2hKLE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhfrTlFhDA4
>>
>>26616346
The box legend is worthless against Hydreigon, it gets outsped and OHKOd. But I never understood why Ghetsis was so hard.

>first playthrough
>wanted a Hydreigon so badly I leveled up a freshly-caught Deino and force-fed it every Rare Candy you get in the main story to evolve
>one shot his because I'm ten levels higher

>second playthrough, not overleved as shit this time
>HJK his shit in with Mienshao

>third playthrough
>sweep his entire team with Lilligant

I've never had a problem with Ghetsis. You get like a billion different options to deal with that Hydreigon.
>>
>>26616445
Whoa there, friend. I can agree that most of the soundtrack was dull, but the gym battle theme was the most kickass thing.
>>
>>26616445
Get a load of this shit taster

The only thing I agree with if that the champion was garbage
She looked like shit (ewww short hair), didnt take part in the story and was weak as fuck
>>
>>26616524
>overleveled
then
>landed an inaccurate move with a fast glass cannon
then
>shit that never happened

>Ghetsis is EZ
Okay.
>>
>>26615425
I enjoyed XY a hell of a lot, but the difficulty was just sad. I remember the first time I played BW, hoo-wee, Ghetsis sure fuckin gave me a mad beat down. It took me so long to beat that asshole, and even before that! N gave me the hardest time, I remember Ghetsis fucking waltzed in like he owned the place challenging me to a fight, and I PANICKED. I wasn't ready, this Christmas tree ass PETA crier just stomped all over me, and I was legitimately scared. Luckily though, my team had somehow become fully healed by some kind of weird ass witchcraft, I don't fuckin know. Anyway, THAT is a good example of when to lighten up a bit and give your players a bit of mercy. XY was just a joke though.

Really, how many times did you ACTUALLY think you were going to lose a gym match? How many times did you have to abandon ship in the middle of a gym challenge to go heal up? Did the elite 4 truly feel elite? Did you feel absolutely any satisfaction when scooting on up to your very first Gen 6 elite 4 challenge?

This is where XY lacked. I remember buying the games on day 1, and I genuinely enjoyed them! I didn't think of these problems at first, I was just stoked to see the next evolution in Pokemon. Going back though, it's all clear as day. I know they're trying to compete with mobile games and all that, but cmon. Was there anyone who disliked the difficulty before? I know if we're getting literal then there's gotta be a few, but the vast majority loved the challenge. Heck, Cynthia, one of the most popular and iconic characters of the franchise was adored because of how downright powerful she was. She had actual intelligent AI, and 6 powerful Pokemon, each one more of a powerhouse than the last. And man! That Garchomp was a force to be reckoned with! To this very day, I always feel satisfied taking that fucker down.

But in XY? Your rival's Pokemon didn't even get 4 moves. The whole game just felt rushed. I hope S/M bring things up a notch.
>>
>>26616564
>he's never used Lilligant in BW
I feel bad. That Cofagrigus is total setup bait. Just Sleep Powder + Quiver Dance, then Giga Drain the shit out of his team.

Also
>HJK
>inaccurate
Nah, it's fairly accurate. But if you do miss you're punished for it.
>>
>>26616564
>Ghetsis was a challenge because I suck at pokemon and anyone else who didn't think he was hard doesn't count

And Hi-Jump Kick is 90% accurate that's no inaccurate when 9/10 times it will land
>>
looking at what Sun/moon are shaping up to be, Gen 6 feels like one giant beta test.

I guess I can live with it if Sun/Moon are bursting with content
>>
>>26616568
>how many times did you ACTUALLY think you were going to lose a gym match? How many times did you have to abandon ship in the middle of a gym challenge to go heal up?

I've never had to do that against any gym I've ever fought in any gym and I've played all of them
>>
>>26615803
No?
Kanto mom: Heals you
Johto mom: saves you money, buys you gifts
Hoenn mom: I actually dont know
Sinnoh mom: leaves the fucking house and does contests
Unova mom: used to work in a pokemon centre, calls you and tells you about places
>>
>>26616618
You must've done some furious level grinding then.
>>
What's with all the little kids popping up and pretending X/Y were good now? Is it SM bringing them in?
>>
>>26616639
Not at all, every single gym only uses one type and usually right before the gyms the game gives you pokemon who are strong against that type. The only times a gym should be hard is if you intentionally limit yourself but playing the game normally they are a joke.
>>
>>26616655
I never do that shit. Getting the type strong against it just for that gym doesnt sound very fun.

I always play trying to beat the gym with pokemon I actually want/have on my team.

Sometimes it matches up like getting Ralts before Brawly but that's it
>>
>>26616669
Most of the pokemon I like have a versatile moveset so even if you don't catch the type it's weak against you can use moves it's weak against. Pokemon gyms have always been easy as fuck.
>>
>>26615425
X and Y was awful. I've never seen so much hand holding and flagrant shoveling of decent pokemon on your lap for nothing.

>Here's a starter
>Here's another starter from Kanto with a Megastone
>Here's a Lapras
>Here's a free fossilmon (that's actually good)
>Here's a Lucario, and a Megastone

And that leaves you with one slot for maybe an HM slut.

Oras was a remake so I really can't knock it for it's entirety. Again the only thing it suffers from is FREE SHIT syndrome like x and y but it's not as bad.
>>
File: gg.jpg (157 KB, 818x594) Image search: [Google]
gg.jpg
157 KB, 818x594
>>26616568
>But in XY? Your rival's Pokemon didn't even get 4 moves

That feels strangely familiar
>>
File: really.png (42 KB, 119x167) Image search: [Google]
really.png
42 KB, 119x167
>>26616709
>>Here's a free fossilmon (that's actually good)
>(that's actually good)
>>
>>26616644
Same reason why /vp/ started praising the garbage gen 5 after XY were announced despite having constantly shat on them since they were out
>>
>>26616709
>knocking XY for having one of the few good fossil mons
>>
File: 59.png (63 KB, 289x188) Image search: [Google]
59.png
63 KB, 289x188
>>26616655
Ah, I do the same shit as >>26616669 so that's probably it. I find the game more fun if I only use mons I like, as opposed to grabbin em just cus they'll be useful. We all like playing in our own ways, I guess! Doesn't change the fact that XY dropped the difficulty lower than the marina trench though.
>>
>>26616748
The difficulty was already in the marina trench though
>>
File: 250px-697Tyrantrum.png (54 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-697Tyrantrum.png
54 KB, 250x250
>>26616710
>one pokemon that has 3 moves
the rival's final team in XY has 3 pokemon that's have 3 instead of 4 moves
>>26616727
Obviously they chose the good fossil senpai.
>>
>>26616758
We all have our own opinions. I personally found Platinum and the final fights against N and Ghetsis to be a whopper of a challenge.
>>
>>26616771
>one pokemon that has 3 moves

Yeah but look at Arcanine and Rhydon's movesets...
>>
>>26616777
I guess that makes sense if you've never played another jrpg in your life and you were underaged while playing them but they really aren't a challenge if they weren't your first pokemon game.
>>
>>26616593
>using the best setup move
Well played.
>>26616598
>you're bad because you I said so
Didn't they buff the accuracy of HJK in Gen V? I've honestly never used a Pokémon with Hi Jump Kick in its learnset.
>>
>>26616794
Honestly yeah, I was underage when I played them, though it's not like they were my first rpg or anything. But isn't it a good thing if I found them challenging when I was younger? Kids these days coming into the series with XY find it a complete bore because of the difficulty levels.
>>
>>26616785
red and blue didnt really have much to work with regarding moves, not saying this is too much better but at least there was an attempt
>>
>>26616710
>Let's ignore the other Champion movesets in Generations 2-5
The difference is that Blue's movesets were lazily programmed literally 20 years ago, and more than 17 years ago at the time of X and Y's release.
>>
>>26616899
Lance was a huge pushover
Wallace was literally the shittiest champion ever
>>
>>26615651
I really, really hope that they reuse as many assets as possible from gen VI and focus on having better mechanics, puzzles, side stuff and postgame.

Specially puzzles, god, I don't think they've had good dungeons since gen II. Mt. Mortar anyone?
>>
>>26615425
I don't hate them, but:
>No mega Flygon
>No Battle Frontier
>Shitty postgame (X/Y)
>Not enough new pokemon (also X/Y)
>>
>>26616628
>forgetting that based hoenn mom was the first to give you running shoes
Bad child.
>>
>>26616973
Plus she also heals you.
Gen II Johto mom is best mom, though.
>>
Is it just me or is there an obnoxious amount of trainers with only 3 pokemon or less in this game? Was there this many in the previous games. At least before when a trainer only had 1 or 2 youd be like oh shit this guy probably has something crazy, but now when they only have one its like a fuckin pidgey or something
>>
File: orasproblems.png (228 KB, 893x1200) Image search: [Google]
orasproblems.png
228 KB, 893x1200
XY was fine. ORAS was not.
>>
>>26615724
Dexion and Sina were the most confusing things in the whole game

Had unique models
Had THEIR OWN THESE
Showed up multiple times
Even had disguises

But meant fuck all in the grand scheme of things. The perfume palace Butler did more for you then they did
>>
>>26616984
Don't they all heal you anyway, aside from Johto mom?
>>
I don't "hate" XYORAS. There is just very little to do post game in both, more so ORAS. No battle frontier was the one big thing that got me, remaking a game and not also including that feature is just lazy as hell. I like the meta since fairies and megas have been added, but Megakhan and to a lesser degree Megamence almost make the concept not worth it.
>>
>>26615425
It's just "muh dificulty" fags who forget that every Pokémon game can be as easy or hard as you want it to.
>>
>>26616997
Not a single trainer has more than 3 actually. Except I think, your rival and Elite Four. You didn't notice that?
>>
>>26616864
Agreed, and there's nothing quite like throwing your serperior against a hydreigon :')
>>
>>26615425
There is no shit Pokemon game.
Pokefans just grew up.
>>
>>26617196
>you just grew up meme
Please be a shitposter.
>>
File: SgwOdKV.png (81 KB, 512x256) Image search: [Google]
SgwOdKV.png
81 KB, 512x256
>>26617098
>Not a single trainer has more than 3 actually.
?
>>
>>26615797
the final release is better nigger
wtf am I looking at on the left, looks like minecraft or some shit
>>
The sixth gen is by far my least favorite though to ignore the progress it did make would be wrong. The jump to 3D is huge and the online features like random trading were also a huge upgrade.

That being said, Gamefreak focused too much on making 3D battle and Amie models that almost all other areas of XY were the weakest we've possibly ever seen. Here's a few of my gripes
>Kalos is hugely forgettable, both the region itself and the characters inside
>Only 72 new Pokemon (I'd rather see new Pokemon than Megas. This was the biggest disappointment for me.)
>Roller skates were a good idea executed terribly
>Lumiose is the worst location in the entire franchise due to camera angles
>The simplicity of the game combined with horrible pacing. The first 2-3 gyms are awesome, and then you get the last 5 badges in the span of a few hours

I do think ORAS is a much better game, but not as good as it should have been. I wanted to see Hoenn reimagined in 3D. What we got was basically a copy and paste of the original region with updated graphics. I did like the new megas, the updated story, soaring and especially the DexNav, though
>>
>>26615425
Region/playthrough went very fast after the first two gyms.
Essentially zero post-game and shitty dungeons throughout.
Very little lore except for "magical stones to make pokemon evolve" that's essentially ended once you get to the third gym. And the huge AZ thing that was shoehorned in at the end and made out to be a "huge dramatic emotional ending", but only ended up being cheesy and out of the blue.
Team Flare turns up very sporadically and their goal doesn't make much impact or sense, big step down from BW.
Gyms are fuck-easy with few pokemon and all my pokemon ended up being way over-leveled with no effort.
Music was a letdown.
>>
File: 1298774867961.png (124 KB, 383x298) Image search: [Google]
1298774867961.png
124 KB, 383x298
>>26615425
May as well give this a shot too.

OK, OP. Imagine you had a fun time with like, I dunno, some ice cream cake. It was really good ice cream cake, and your parents got it really special as a way to surprise on being a little different than the plain chocolate cake they got you a year or so ago. It's either something someone enjoys or just passes on.

Now, about a year later, your folks have forgotten your birthday. In fact, I don't think they so much as remembered. They remember theirs, though. They always remember theirs. So they don't buy you a cake. You have to buy one store-bought, and it's clear the cake is a little stale. A little underbaked as well. Clearly bargain bin. Some wax has leaked onto it and the 'Happy Birthday' is misspelled. It turns out the nice men who made the ice cream cake a while ago don't get to handle some merchandise.

So you buy it after it's finally your birthday, you take it home, and you try to scrape the wax off. You succeed, but now there's a strange gap in the middle of it. You eat it anyway and find out some retard decided to make one part filled to the brim with flavor while the other tastes like the driest fucking shit ever. After you finish the cake, you're left with a bittersweet feeling because of that last part.

That's what XY/ORAS is like with its mismatched Megas, power creep, lack of postgame, pitiful story fights, and it clearly being a tech demo for quite possibly a better game. I don't like it because we were used as fucking guinea pigs when they should have stopped fucking around and made Kalos worth looking at. If they do that in Generation 7, good for them. No really, good for them. I want to see Sun/Moon succeed.
>>
>>26617455
>food analogies
>>
>>26617479
Maybe you'd like it better if I said 'compare 2012 /vp/ to 2016 /vp/ because of the influx of halftards from reddit and tumblr'.
>>
>OP politely asks what problems people had with XY
>People post their opinions
>Thread immediately devolves into "nuh-uh your opinion is wrong" and genwar shitposting

I hate you so much, /vp/. Please just go back to arguing about consoles on the GameFAQs forums.
>>
>>26617498
I'd like it better if you just stated your feelings about the game without half-assedly comparing it to cake
>>
File: Pffft.png (21 KB, 662x453) Image search: [Google]
Pffft.png
21 KB, 662x453
>>26617638

Not surprised in the least, since one thing I've noticed is that people have really low tolerance of any opinion that isn't their own. Its like people have forgotten that the nature of opinions, whether right or wrong, is completely subjective and almost always shaped by personal thoughts and preferences regardless of how well researched it is...hence "opinion".
>>
File: feels goodman.jpg (50 KB, 475x360) Image search: [Google]
feels goodman.jpg
50 KB, 475x360
>>26617355
That's the thing though, if they're going to make more and more Pokemon, 3D models were inevitable, because making new sprites from scratch for each new gen would quickly become impractical. With 3D models, you can enlarge them, modify textures, add details and animations, but one you have the base model and basic animations done, 80% of your work is done, forever.

That's why I'm so looking to this Gen. Now that the large investment of 3D models has been made, they can ride off of that indefinitely and focus on creating more actual content. Just looking from the map of Alola alone, it seems like this may very well be the case.
>>
File: 1336351168269.jpg (16 KB, 370x323) Image search: [Google]
1336351168269.jpg
16 KB, 370x323
>>26617658
Fair enough.

I hate XY/ORAS because it's a tech demo sloppily shoved out onto the market because Sun/Moon is clearly the one getting resources since 2013. I hate XY/ORAS because this had a chance to be something whimsical. Stepping into 3D for the first time, having lore out the ass, and an evil team that has sincerely stopped fucking around would have been beautiful.

Instead all we got is a rushed, overpowered, near-pointless set of games with Megas for fucking Mewtwo, Rayquaza, and goddamn Garchomp. Great, why don't we just cut out the balance aspect and just give Arceus a Mega? No, better yet, give him a Primal so we can staple a Life Orb to him and make him break Anything Goes. What the legit fuck were they thinking? I wouldn't be surprised if Sun/Moon was a way to reset the status quo.

And to add to that, those bits of lore, this entire AZ stuff, it's the only reason to even play them to find out what the fuck you're in for for Gen VII or whatever. You can easily just look them up online and save literally 120$.
>>
The mechanical upgrades were enough to make me replace my entire Pokémon collection (battle mons anyway, not the living dex) but there's fuck all I can do with them since we have yet to get a decent post game.
>>
>>26615425
It's just really shit for a 3DS game which are full of gems. Literally any 3DS title is better than those games.
>>
>>26615511
>I just want to feel like I'm adventuring with a team of monsters and figure things out for myself again.
This, this is all I want. I'm so sick of all the hand-holding and linear routes.
>>
>>26615744
This is probably the first time I've been genuinely angry at someone's opinion on Pokémon
>>
>>26616307

>Didn't add Reshiram to party.
>Still curbstomped N and Ghetsis into the ground.

Was everyone else playing a difficulty rom hack?
>>
>>26616710
They fixed this in Yellow, you vile cretin.
>>
>>26617884
>Yellow
>mattering
>>
>>26616914
Lance was a pushover but he feels the most like a ~champion~ to me, alder as a close second
>>
>>26616710

>Using games infamous for their poor programming and design.

Stick to Fr/Lg since that was actually finished.
>>
>>26617896
Yes. It was made 17 years ago
>>
>>26616914
But he had 4 moves on each Pokemon though.
Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.