[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemon Sun/Moon Gym Leaders
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 1462919404557s.jpg (7 KB, 250x148) Image search: [Google]
1462919404557s.jpg
7 KB, 250x148
1. Normal-type
2. Water-type
3. Electric-type
4. Fire-type
5. Flying-type
6. Ground-type
7. Ice-type
8. Dark-type

Elite Four: Dragon, Fairy, Steel, Psychic
>>
>>26613119
And your reasoning is...
>>
>>26613119
W-Well, it's a good speculation?
>>
File: untitled.png (39 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
39 KB, 275x183
>>26613119
>Dark gym
>ever
>>
>>26613119
But what's their theme OP?
>>
>>26613167

Well, just to get the Elite Four out of the way, I had ten types to deal with after the eight gym leaders, and I simply chose the four most powerful types that sprung up in my mind. As for the gyms themselves, I based my decisions largely off of the overall environments more than anything. At least for the most part. Here it is:

1. Normal: Concerning the first gym, it's almost always have been the Rock-type, with the Starter Trio, Flying, Bug, and Normal typings having all had exactly one run through at some point in time or another. I figured that depending on how early we are to face the first gym leader on the first island, we might end up just facing a simple normal-type gym leader so that we wouldn't have to worry about unfair type disadvantages so bloody early (depending on the starter chosen)--think the first gym in BW2.

The next three gyms are on the second island, and depending on the order in which we are to engage with said gym, could appear in any order. I'm just assuming the order in which we are likely to arrive is all.

2. Water: That hotel with all the Water-type Pokémon seems to indicate that it's gonna be a Pokémon Gym, and just like in recent games, none of the gyms will look identical. Even if the hotel in question is not the gym, I think it's pretty much a given that we're gonna get a water-type gym at some point anyways.

3. Electric: You could possibly substitute this one out for either Grass or Ghost-typing depending on your fancy--since you could look at either the lighthouse, the woods, or the cemetery as a clue. Consider it a hunch more than anything (though wouldn't ghost-type gym make a great deal of sense for a Hawaii-based region?).

4. Fire: Volcanic activity on this island seems to give this one away as well--and since Hawaii is big on volcanoes, I think this one too is a given.

More on a separate comment.
>>
>>26613119
I'd like to see the first gym be dragon type.

>Resists all the starters STAB
>early enough that dragon rage is absolutely lethal
>qt little lizards
>>
>>26613417
haha but then no one could beat it!
>>
>>26613394
Continuing from where I left off, heading on to the third island where we complete our remaining badge-quest. Again, this is assuming the order is indeed accurate:

5. Flying: That tall tower--while most likely not a gym--probably stands to reason that it's probably going to have something to do with the air. Dragon-typing is also a possibility if the tower does indeed hint at what the gym typing will indeed be. And if it is, it's probably going to be the final gym in the region (and could perhaps support another possible theory that the port cities might be the final gym on each island). Fighting is also a possibility if the tower is the gym (and even then, I'm only thinking this due to the Wutai Pagoda in Final Fantasy VII, and how the gym challenge could indeed pose a similar challenge).

6. Ground-type: There really isn't much to discuss with this one. The environment seems to fit this one, and it does seem a little too late for a Rock-type gym. What, being a barren wasteland and whatnot.

7. Ice-type: Usually, the region surrounding the town is what gives away what typing to expect--especially in recent games. But given the massive telescopes, it could also be a Psychic-type gym (though that's assuming that the telescopes are a part of the city).

8. Dark-type: There's something very ominous about that place given that it's locked up; it's dark and murky; it looks dangerous. I think this is the very reason why we haven't even had a Dark-type gym leader all this time since it requires a great deal of an evil and malicious atmosphere in order to pull off (like, say, another Giovanni-like situation with the evil team leader being the gym leader--the only difference is, we will probably wind up meeting him for the first time in that place.

And that's pretty much it. And yes, I do believe that Marshadow and Perfect Zygarde will probably both play a pivotal role in the postgame (similarly to that of the Delta Episode in ORAS).
>>
>>26613119
>>26613394
>>26613492
nice job autismo
>>
>>26613492
>I do believe that Marshadow and Perfect Zygarde will probably both play a pivotal role in the postgame

Perfect Zygarde maybe but Marshadow or whatever the third legend is never plays any role in the first games of new geneartion. They're just sitting in their caves and wait for future games
>>
>>26613443
>catch [bird]
>spam normal
wow
>>
>>26613316
If you insist. I'm just going by the likely gyms, so I'll assume all my personal predictions as well as my backup theories:

1. No matter what the typing might be--might it be based around the Starter Trio, Rock-type, Bug-type, Flying-type, or the predicted Normal-type--I think the gym leader here will be none other than that fat guy along with the Professor (which is probably going to be your main rival's father as well).

2. If the Water-type gym is indeed a Hotel, then it's probably going to be a Gentleman of some sort--likely a rich and prim manager, though there are other positions that could potentially fill this role. And if my theory about the gym in the port town being the final challenge to complete before clearing out the island, then a man of his refined upperclass stature would make perfect sense to represent the gym. Plus, it gives him an excuse to snub your challenge right away because you're such a lowly riftraft or what-have-you.

3. This gym is probably going to be located where the lighthouse is located. And if it's an Electric-type gym, it's probably going to be some sort of engineer. But given the location of the cemetery as well as the woods, its also possible this gym could be a Bug, Grass, or Ghost-type. So if I'd have to guess, I'd say the gym leader is probably going to be some sort of spiritualist. If that's the case, you might not be able to fight him right off the bat since it does seem a little too early to be fighting a Ghost-type gym leader. So, Engineer or Spiritualist--likely a tribal spiritualist if that's the case.

4. I have no idea what the gym leader theme for a Fire-typing could be if the Bug/Grass/Ghost guy happens to be a tribal spiritualist. But if it's an engineer, then it's probably going to be a tribesman of some sort.

More later.
>>
>>26613443
That's why you get a free Togepi egg in the first town, and it knows Fairy Wind as soon as it hatches!
>>
>>26613594
Continuing on, I'm going to finish off the second half of the gyms.

5. Again, I'm predicting a Flying-type, though it could also possibly be a Fighting or Dragon-type. Now with the Flying-type, we could possibly see a situation where our gym leader actually challenges us to a Sky Battle, and that tower in question might actually house Lugia or Ho-Oh in tribute to Johto (both also happen to be Flying-types). However, I think the theme will be largely remenicent of the Pagoda in Wutai in Final Fantasy VII, and you can only challenge the gym leader by reaching the top floor. This could also possibly serve in that each trainer on each floor will be far stronger than your typical gym trainer, and that could serve as the ultimate challenge in getting yourself ready for the Elite Four--meaning more trainers to fight in a row, though you could at least leave to look for a Pokémon Center--provided, of course that you can even find one.

6. Ground-type: Archeologist. Enough said.

7. The only two realistic possibilities here are Ice (region) and Psychic (landmark). And I'm predicting too that the Moon Dial will likely be located here. This could also explain how it could be so cold in this particular location in Alola yet so warm in that particular location in Kalos (compared to that of the other surrounding areas in both cases). The gym leader could also be related to Olympia and actually know a lot more about the nature of the Sun and Moon Dials in question.

8. Once again, the ominousness of this place likely suggests a Dark-type gym leader, and that the gym leader in question is probably the head of the evil team once again. And the theme? Given the fact that a Dark-type gym had been unprecedented throughout the entire history of Pokémon, who knows how the gym will operate, or how the gym leader will operate too for that matter--even if my theory happens to be correct on who the gym leader could be, we still don't know what his goal will be.
>>
>>26613559
Which is exactly what GF wants you to think. They are unpredictable bastards now, remember?
>>
>>26613732
Not that unpredictable though. By using Marshadow already in Sun and Moon story they lose the surprise later on and that wouldnt make sense. Nothing we saw about Sun and Moon so far is that surprising except for Rotom Pokedex - but thats probably just a gimmick
>>
>>26613747
Speaking of which, just what exactly would Marshadow even look like, anyways? I'm looking all over in the clouds of the art map of Alola, and while I could see Ho-Oh and Lugia (and possibly even a form of Zygarde), the most that I got is that whatever Marshadow is, it's probably a malicious and destructive entity.
>>
File: 1464669031756.jpg (172 KB, 950x950) Image search: [Google]
1464669031756.jpg
172 KB, 950x950
>tropical region
>no bug/grass gym
>>
>>26613996
Why not Bug and Grass Elite 4 members instead? We already got Bug and Grass gyms in Kalos.
>>
>>26614006
I'd be OK with that too.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.