[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Megas are not canon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6
File: Shinkuro_shokan.png (141 KB, 575x558) Image search: [Google]
Shinkuro_shokan.png
141 KB, 575x558
So, where were you when Megas got discontinued?
>>
>>26606605
Deep down inside your mothers cervix.
>>
>>26606605

If you really think they're scrapping Megas, you are fucking retarded.

They've never scrapped battle mechanics before, and they're not going to start now, especially after they've already made over 40 of them.

There's no turning back, Megas are a permanent part of the franchise now.
>>
Why is the filename synchro summon?
>>
>>26606666
Where's his keystone then?
>>
I have no problem with them messing with old Pokémon designs, but the mechanic itself was not well planned.

I hope they change it, even if they reuse the designs, if synchro really happens they will have a chance to make it something more than "press here to become stronger"
>>
>>26606685
Up your ass
>>
>>26606668
Because the anime hinted at it with Ash Greninja.
>>
File: 1452400882809.png (213 KB, 442x341) Image search: [Google]
1452400882809.png
213 KB, 442x341
>>26606685
It's not the main mechanic this game.
Ths bracelet is for something new.
>>
>>26606716
Maybe you get a keystone bracelet post-game.
>>
>>26606685
Won't be given to him until postgame.
Hopefully.
>>
>>26606605
Maybe you can change bands and only have 1 mega/synergy evolving pokemon at a time?
>>
>>26606666
There is a turning back. If GF decides they don't want to focus on new designs for old Pokémon, they could just handwave it as something that only happens in gen 6 universe.

And if they come up with a new kind of evolution, they could start announcing it as something even better than megas and then act as if there is no need for them.
>>
>>26606685
Right there, that gemstone doubles as a keystone and for synchro.
>>
>>26606666
>sky battles
>>
>>26606818

Not a mechanic, just a different type of battle.
>>
>>26606666
They scrapped even the safari mechanic, they can remove whatever they want.
>>
File: Cheked.jpg (36 KB, 500x433) Image search: [Google]
Cheked.jpg
36 KB, 500x433
>>26606666
these digits

hey there satan
>>
>>26606835

Safari zones are not a mechanic
>>
File: Pepe feels good man.png (133 KB, 354x363) Image search: [Google]
Pepe feels good man.png
133 KB, 354x363
>mfw Megas are discontinued and are forever isolated in the dump fire that was Gen VI
>>
>>26606800

If you honestly think Game Freak is going to drop Megas after all the money they made off of Charizard and Lucario fanboys, then I don't know what to tell you, except that you'd be a horrible businessman
>>
>>26606605
Gamefreak aren't dropping megas, but I have a feeling they are going to somehow incorperate it into this synergy stuff. Maybe like Pokken you have to fill up a gauge by attacking other Pokemon in order to go mega?
>>
>>26606818
>worked exactly like regular battles but limited to flying pokemon
For all intents and purposes they were single battles anon. That said we don't actually know if they're gone yet, after all they were technically in ORAS in the soaring wild battles.

Anyway once something that's actually game changing is within the game there's no removing it at any point in time because not only does it go against the philosophy of pokemon it would take a whole lot more effort on their part to remove it.

>>26606835
You do realise the Safari Zone has only been in half of the generations so far right? Come to think about it I think the majority of games didn't have the Zone in it anyway.
It's pretty likely that it won't be in S&M too considering it wasn't in ORAS, the remakes of the game that brought it back.
Anyway what I'm trying to say that it was never a consistent feature to begin with.
>>
>>26606863
>hating gen VI

Sure your favorite gen is gen V :^)
>>
>>26606881
>Implying removing them now erases profits already made
Megas lost the novelty factor. Making more and more of them now won't sell as much as something fresh. Watch as we get a "Synchro Zoroark Sun/Moon" instead of a new mega in the next trailer.
>>
>>26606949
>Megas lost the novelty factor

If you think anyone gave a fuck about the novelty factor, you are sorely mistaken

They didn't, they just wanted their Charizard/Lucario to go Super Saiyan and wreck everything
>>
>>26606807
This, in the new chapter of ORAS Special, Emerald got his key stone transformed into a stone that is similar to this
So we can asume that this stone will accomplish the same purpose as a Key stone
>>
>>26606905
This.

They can just change how megas work without removing them completely.
>>
>>26606973
Yes, and now there is no "super sayan 2" for them. If nothing new comes, they will just be forgotten again.
>>
>>26606949
Yeah no, megas are still an extremely popular concept and rake in the money like there's no tomorrow especially for their big hitters like Charizard, Lucario and Mewtwo.
Also if Synchro's act like customizable mega pokemon like it's implied in the anime it'll be extremely hard to market them as well as mega Pokemon.

The reality is that megas are here to stay as the merch seller and synchros will be the primal reversion of Sun and Moon.
>>
File: 1464957400371.jpg (110 KB, 530x525) Image search: [Google]
1464957400371.jpg
110 KB, 530x525
>>26606978
Forgot pic
>>
>>26606605
What if it is a move stone, and it allows to switch a pokemon's moveset during the battle with another predefined moveset?
>>
>>26607036
>light yellowish-green one
>exactly what we've got in S&M
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (49 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
49 KB, 1280x720
>>26606605
>Tfw I realize they're introducing synchro as a way to make megas without changing their model.
>>
>>26606978
Pic?
>>
>>26607058
Well we got a yellow stone and a blue one, I don't see why we wouldn't have other colors
>>
>>26606666
These are some nice digits.
>>
Maybe you can only get megastones until postgame, maingame shall only have "new mechanic".

Or, if SM take place years after XY, maybe they developed a device that allows mega evolution without megastones and adda new mechanic

Remember that mega evolution wasn't announced until weeks later of starters
>>
>>26607075
Here >>26607036
>>
>>26607070
Good. The designs where the worst thing about them.
>>
>>26607070
They seem rather lazy about the old models (like gliding salamence...). I wouldn't be surprised if they announce it as some new kind of mega with improved mechanics but the same models.
>>
>>26607058
>RB
>GS
>RS
>DP
>BW
>XY
>S&M

Where did the ampersand come from out of nowhere?
>>
>>26607038
That sounds boring as fuck.
>>
>>26606666
Quads confirm, megas shall be forever.
>>
I assume they're merging a few similar ideas to Mega Evolution all under Synergy Burst. Maybe nerfing the Primals in the process making them count as your 1 Synergy Burst per battle.
>>
>>26607123
I've always typed it as R&B, G&S, etc.
>>
>>26606605
They are replacing megas with synergy bursts that will cause pokemon with megas to mega evolve and others to just get stat boosts.
>>
>>26609492
I would be ok with this.
>>
you'll probably get plenty of mega stones early but they will be unrefined and unusable in the new bangle and will have to wait til late game to refine them
>>
>>26609492
That's just boring as fuck, though. That's such a cop-out.

Mega Pidgeot is amazing; easily a straight-up upgrade to vanilla Pidgeot's design in every way. Just giving more stats to the same old Pidgeot I've been playing with since 1998, especially with the bland colors and minimal animations of the XY models, is just a fucking mistake.

If nothing else, it preempts future Megas from being developed! Now there's no more fan speculation and hype. If everyone is special, no one is.

I wanted to live to see Mega Torterra one day... now "Ash-Torterra" might be flushing that dream down the toilet? Thanks, Gamefreak!
>>
>>26609713
It wouldnt take his mega away it would be like a placeholder until a mon without a mega gets one.
>>
>>26609848
But that's just a huge-ass assumption, sempai.
>>
>>26609492
I'd be happy with this, provided they kept making a good handful of megas each gen.

Competitively interesting item too, assuming the mage stat bonus just gets even distributed among the 'burst mode' (lol digimon) pokemon's stats.

>>26609713
Would you seriously not like to make whatever your favourite fully evolved Pokemon you have your ace, anon, regardless of whether or not Game Freak gives you a mega evo?
>>
>>26610262
Mega evolutions only matter because of status changes. The design is secondary.

But well, so are all the evolutions, right? It would be really lazy of them not to make any changes in the design. Even if it's not drastic (like Ash-Greninja), the looks do matter.
>>
>>26607111
Salamence never flapped its wings in the first place
>>
>>26606666
Screen cap this. Satan Quads confirm it.
>>
>>26610627
No, not that. A standing model is what I meant. Putting it to glide is an excuse to not properly animate it.
>>
>>26610714
It'd probably have less animation on the ground
>>
>>26610751
We don't know and gen 7 will not answer that question. But lazy for lazy, gliding in place is worse.
>>
>>26610805
>We don't know
Any more animation would drop the game to 5fps.
>>
>>26610845
You obviously have no idea what impacts in a game's performance. Increasing the number of polygons would make it slower. Changing the animations, wouldn't.

Pokémon uses comom vertex blending for animation, you can do watever you want with the underneath skeleton, it won't affect performance.

The worst it could happen would be the cartridge not having enough memory to hold all the animation frames (which are negligible compared to the model itself). Even then, that is unrelated to fps.
>>
>>26613375
>Changing the animations, wouldn't.
Ignoring the fact that we have proof that more animations cause the game to chug hard.
Just go and play any gen 6 game.
>>
>>26613471
>more animations cause the game to chug hard
Any examples because I can't think of any.
>>
>>26609492
I'd also be OK with this, as long as the stat boost is only slight, and it works on non-evolved Pokemon, like in Pokken with Braixen.
>>
>>26613471

Are you talking about attack animations? The lag there is to do with lighting/blend effects, not polygons.
>>
>>26613878
Not going to happen.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.