[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So who takes the starter that's strong against yours if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: 1464876284645[1].png (95 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1464876284645[1].png
95 KB, 500x500
So who takes the starter that's strong against yours if this ohana chipmunk fuck takes the one weaker to yours?

I mean, it can't be Lillie. Well I take that back, theoretically it could, but I kind of feel like that's not the direction they want to take her in what with the m y s t e r i o u s n e s s and whatnot. They're not good at subtlety. The website beats you over the head with it.

If she had the stronger starter, there was no reason not to show her using it, since they're all already revealed. She wasn't shown battling unlike Hau, so I am willing to bet her team is all Pokemon that are as of now unrevealed, so they can't show it yet.

Consequently, the reason why we haven't seen the stronger starter is because it belongs to a character that is as of now, unrevealed.
>>
>>26603285
>So who takes the starter that's strong against yours

Why your opposite gendered rival of course :^)))))))
>>
File: BAKA.gif (200 KB, 290x270) Image search: [Google]
BAKA.gif
200 KB, 290x270
Selena~
>>
>>26603285
the trailer showed him with Rowlet while the trainer has a Popplio. He's your official rival
>>
>>26603590
Watch it again homie. Other way around.
>>
Can't wait to wreck this filthy PoC
>>
>>26603600
oh

yeah you're right
>>
My money is on Lillie. She works with the prof. Why not her?
>>
>>26603285
lillie has an angry face in her official art
it'll be her
>>
>>26603669
Literally means nothing.
>>
>>26603285
No one, I hope.
There was never a reason to put the player in such disadvantage to begin with. It's a game children play ffs.
>>
>>26603689
Betting on this tb.h

For the first time in pokemon history, the starter stronger to yours will go unused
>>
Either the opposite gendered Player-character or Lillie.
>>
>>26603689
>rival with the weak starter is now the *main* rival like it or not
>the one with the stronger starter (if any) is the lesser one and isnt nearly battled as often if at all

Would be an interesting change of pace, and only salty douchebagrivalfags would be against it. There's no official definition of what a rival is any way. It's not even an official term.
>>
>>26603285
>>26603636
>>26603669
>>26603731
The official website states Lillie doesn't enjoy battling. It won't be her.
>>
>>26603778

>There's no official definition of what a rival is any way. It's not even an official term.

Blue's and Silver's trainer class.

Assholes like them are officially the only real rivals. Everything from Gen 3 onward is just a friend, with N as the full antagonist outlier.
>>
>>26603851
When I meant "official", I meant as in currently recognized by TPCi on things like websites or promotional materials.
>>
>>26603849
And Iori Yagami doesn't like violence.
>>
>>26603689
Bait.

I swept through all my rivals at like age six.
>>
>>26603849

Just like Team Plasma and N didn't battle because they were against using Pokemon, right?
>>
>>26603881
Six year olds today can't. They're not as smart as six year olds back then.

We need to make this easier.
>>
>>26603689
>>26603778
The rival doesn't need to be a douche, but he should prove to be a challenge. Giving them the weak Pokémon will guarantee you to steamroll past that fucker. When we were kids, we didn't mind that the other trainer had the stronger one, because it was fun to battle against it. What a shitty way to casualize the game even more.
>>
>>26603849
>>26603889
She'll battle somewhere down the line no doubt, but she won't use a starter. It'll be all Pokemon we haven't seen yet.
>>
>>26603891
You just don't use your starter to battle their starter, just switch out to Vileplume/Golem/Fearow against it.
>>
>>26603892
Then have their other Pokemon that ISN'T their weak starter be strong against yours. Their starter isn't their entire team. Calem/Serena for all their petty depression, changed Eeveelution depending on the starter you chose, so it's possible.
>>
>>26603916
>implying 6 year olds know how to catch a Pokemon
>implying they wouldn't just overlevel their starter until the game casually tosses them a Mega or Legendary
>>
>>26603967
The game shows you how to catch Pokémon.
>>
>>26603689
>>26603891
So we should let them get even stupider instead of challenging them to improve or allowing them to experience failure? Learning to try again when you mess up is a valuable skill for kids to learn, coddling them isn't going to help anyone. I still remember when I got my ass whipped by Brendan in that battle outside of Slateport the first time. Was a real wake-up call and finally beating him felt like an accomplishment to little-kid-me. Challenge is good and healthy.

On-topic, it'll probably be the unused character model rival ala Serena/Calem that takes the other starter, I just hope they're not as depressing this time around.
>>
>>26603285

Anon, he's our rival. Get over it.
>>
>>26603849
Just like Trevor and Shauna :D
>>
>>26603304
its obvs gonna be a May/Wally/Brendan relationship
where wally is actually good and not a piss fuck
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.