[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kukui is the first professor that really emphasizes field work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: kukui.png (175 KB, 398x249) Image search: [Google]
kukui.png
175 KB, 398x249
Kukui is the first professor that really emphasizes field work and actually getting hit by pokemon. It's cool that he seems to have a different angle to his research. What's more interesting is his field of study.
Moves.

>Professor Oak of the Kanto region, who studies the relationships between Pokémon and humans.
This was a big theme of Gen 1, with the bad guys being bad because they mistreat their pokemon. It also ties to the conflict between nature and technology.
>Professor Elm of the Johto region, who studies Pokémon breeding patterns.
This was the first generation to feature breeding. Pretty important.
>Professor Birch of the Hoenn region, who studies Pokémon habitats. This is the first region to really try to make it seem like pokemon live in many different places. Also ties in heavily to the theme of land vs. sea vs. sky.
>Professor Rowan of the Sinnoh region, who studies Pokémon evolution.
Sinnoh featured huge amounts of evos to previous pokemon.
>Professor Juniper of the Unova region, who studies the origins of Pokémon.
This was a reboot so studying origins makes sense. Also all of the lore about original dragons and such.
>Professor Sycamore of the Kalos region, who studies Mega Evolution and change.
Fucking mega evolutions.
>Professor Kukui of the Alola region, who studies Pokémon attacks.
Why moves? What could possibly change?

I'm calling it right now that double type moves like flying press, and moves with far more varied effects will be far more common.

Not only that, but Marshadow will be a fire/dark type, with a fire/dark signature. This move would be 4x effective on both box legends. The story likely will revolve around Marshadow and the evil team attacking the box legend.
Given that Mars is called the fire star in Japan it makes sense that they saved fire for him in the trio now.
>>
>>26602126
Kek the mars mon will be fire type and the sun one isn't
>>
>>26602126
Nice theory OP. I like it.
>>
>>26602126
>Kukui is the first professor that really emphasizes field work and actually getting hit by pokemon.
No, that would be Birch, stopped reading right there.
>>
10/10
>>
>in postgame Kukui becomes the Main Move Tutor, allowing you to teach moves to Pokemon simply by abiding the Golden Rule of /vp/ with more Pokemon Caught giving you better moves
>If you catch all 720+ including Megas and Non-Spinda Formes he lets you teach Crabhammer to Mew
>>
>>26602126
I am hopeful that this hints at the Johto starters getting signature moves just like the Kalos starters. What do /vp/ think would be good signature moves for the Johto starters?

Would Meganium be more viable if it got a signature move that sets up Reflect AND Light Screen simultaneously?
>>
>>26602126
>the pokémon representing the planet with a shitload of iron will be made out of fire
>the pokémon representing the fucking sun is made out of metal
i love it
>>
File: Myuu learn every move-1.jpg (63 KB, 411x704) Image search: [Google]
Myuu learn every move-1.jpg
63 KB, 411x704
>>26602239
>>
I can't wait for Marshadow to be revealed as an NFE ghost.
>>
>>26602304
If anything people would just use Smeargle for it.
>>
>>26602347

Solgaleo

-
This Pokémon was first seen in the trailer for Pokémon Sun & Moon and adorns the box art for the Pokémon Sun.
Since ancient times, Solgaleo has been honored as an emissary of the sun. It is referred to with reverence as "the beast that devours the sun." Solgaleo's body holds a vast amount of energy, and it shines with light when it's active. It has a flowing mane with a remarkable resemblance to the sun.
>>
>>26602126
Maybe it could also have something to do with the increased use of moves/abolishment of HMs in the overworld. I read a fan theory that said each type of move could have a different effect (grass moves cut grass, rock moves crush stones, etc). That's something I've wanted to see for a while
>>
>>26602193
kek
>>
what is this. an actual thread with reasonable ideas and not just shitposts?
>>
>>26602593
too bad it's pretty much dead
>>
>>26602126
>actually getting hit by pokemon
>still getting hit
So he haven't got gud? What a scrub.
>>
I would like to see actual double type moves. Flying Press doesn’t count, as it is a Fighting move that also deals Flying damage, it doesn’t gain STAB from Flying.

Old moves would be revised (Fire Punch becoming Fire/Fighting, Fire Fang Fire/Dark, etc), and double STABS would work like Adaptability.

But I can see at least 2 problems with this, it would too complex for the intended audience, and that we don’t need Scald being even more broken gaining Fire as a second type.
>>
I just remembered that HMs are also moves.

If there are significant changes in move's mechanics, maybe the old HM problem will be somehow solved at least.

I’m not holding my breath for it, though.
>>
Double type moves sounds like an awful gimmick. We don't need any crazy new mechanics like that, just a solid fucking game. We already got shitty mega evos last gen
>>
Moves will now be divided into close, mid, and long range attacks.
>>
>>26602126
And I thought S&M was just an unfortunate coincidence!
>>
>>26603213
That's stupid. All physical attacks would be close range
>>
>>26603307
False, Earthquake, Bullet Seed, Rock Blast and Stone Edge are all long range physical attacks
>>
>>26602126
Yellow/blue diamond will stnchronyze one pokemon of your party, teaching him a 5th move (called synchro-move?) and showingn how your avatar and your pokemon are synchronized
>>
>>26602126
Didn't the person who "leaked" Lillie (she could have been guessed from the concept art though desu) say that the crystals were used to unlock hidden types?
Solgaleo's signature move sounds Steel/Fire.
>>
>>26602126

>using the name Marshadow

The fuck
>>
>>26604612
>Didn't the person who "leaked" Lillie
What?
>>
>>26602193
Did you play Gen 3 bud? He's studying Poocheyna in the field and then one tries to bite his ass
>>
>>26605307
Apparently some leaker guy said "there will be a girl with a sun hat" even though we had a screen cap with a girl with a sun hat when he said that
>>
File: totolaugh.gif (21 KB, 150x160) Image search: [Google]
totolaugh.gif
21 KB, 150x160
>>26603281
kek
>>
>>26602149
>>26602224
>>26602593
Thanks anon

>>26602193
>>26602746
kek

>>26602304
If anything should get megas they should.

>>26602771
I think they'll keep it fairly limited in this gen. Certainly less disruptive than megas.
>>26602877
I'm hoping for HMs to not ruin main game experiences too
>>
He just likes getting hit because SM, get it?
>>
>>26602746
How the hell do I nohit Solgaleo? I always miss time my blanks and then my energy sword runs out of ammo.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.