[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We're getting so much news this month. Treehouse, E3, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 250x250
We're getting so much news this month. Treehouse, E3, and corocoro. What a time to be alive /vp/.
>>
>>26600101
>CoroCoro

Nah senpai, you're getting June 2 video in magazine form and you'll like it
>>
>>26600178
Fuck off with this shitty meme
>>
>>26600101
I feel like we shouldn't get too hyped for Corocoro
While it may have new info, it likely won't be as big as the other two.
>>
File: shaq.gif (3 MB, 314x297) Image search: [Google]
shaq.gif
3 MB, 314x297
>>26600101
>>26600178
E3 seems to be the bigger platform for information this month. There will be new info AND developer stories, maybe even a trailer but that's extremely reaching.

I have to say this is possibly one of the better hype seasons of Pokemon
>>
>>26600178
Coro-Coro the self-proclaimed "main source of Sun & Moon" news is yet to reveal any substancial info on SM. In fact their coverage was last month was redirecting the readers to their irrelevant youtube channel that had an exclusive video of the same footage, just slightly mixed up. And I suppose a shot of Lunala's third eye.

Expecting CoroCoro to have anything more than clickbait announcements and coverage of past news is setting yourself up for dissapointment, especially when GF is going with a more "global" marketing scheme, mainly based on worldwide platforms like E3 and Youtube
>>
File: 1463881379952.gif (3 MB, 423x234) Image search: [Google]
1463881379952.gif
3 MB, 423x234
>>26600178
>>26600199
>>26600216
>>26600228
>spent hours in another thread explaining how wrong the "CoroCoro is dead" meme is
>A new one pops up
>>
>>26600190
>fuck off with this shitty meme
How about you do that first?
>>
>>26600250
It's been 4 months since SM was announced and 4 issues since then. While no one would expect anything relevant for at least February and March issues , if CoroCoro worked anything like <Gen 5 and Gen 6 it would've revealed something already

CoroCoro is shit now. Youtube channels and conferences are the future. Embrace it Mr. CoroCoro, or at least make your magazine worth getting
>>
>>26600228
>In fact their coverage was last month was redirecting the readers to their irrelevant youtube channel that had an exclusive video of the same footage, just slightly mixed up. And I suppose a shot of Lunala's third eye.
You do understand that the April issue was referring to the trailer we just got last month right? The April issue specifically said "an announcement the world has been waiting for in May", and look at what we got in May, a trailer with the words "what the world has been waiting for" within the first 5 seconds. They never said anything about the announcement coming from the issue itself. They never lied about shit in that issue, just people misreading shit again and not learning from mistakes. Don't go saying a magazine spread lies just because you can't read right.
>>
File: 1463393324534.png (144 KB, 322x363) Image search: [Google]
1463393324534.png
144 KB, 322x363
>>26600101
>>
>>26600268
>It's been 4 months since SM was announced and 4 issues since then.

There is a difference between announced and revealed. For example the NX is announced, but has yet to be revealed. Not a hard concept. Sun and Moon weren't revealed until May and CoroCoro didn't have shit on them, but neither did the issues from the months XY and ORAS were revealed. They aren't going to reveal a game in CoroCoro first like they did B/W because of the worldwide release. Same reason why the first month of CoroCoro for Gen 6 and now 7 show as little as possible because they don't want it to leak first. So far CoroCoro has worked no different from Gen 6 so far. The only thing different is that announcement did not equal reveal this time.
>>
>>26600298
Oh boy here come the semantics autists again!

Mr,.Jon CoroCoro, hen a magazine says "BIG NEWS NEXT MONTH STAY TUNED!!1" its only natural to assume they're talking about something next month. They are not outright lying but their wording is purposely ambiguous so they can have their readers check in next month for updates of the oh-so-great announcement. And that's basically CoroCoro's strategy: hyping shit up and revealing nothing, but choosing their wording in a way that autists like you do mental gymnastics all over mongolian shadow-puppeting boards

>>26600315
Why are you comparing SM to NX? Gamefreak Marketing =/= Nintendo Marketing. What are you even trying to accomplish here? Might as well go grab one of those Steam games that was announced 3 years before the launch by that logic
>>
>>26600330
>Using an example to explain a concept to neets like you
>comparing

Good fucking job missing the whole point of what I was saying. I didn't even compare the NX to Sun and Moon but of course you're just looking for ways to avoid acknowledging the evidence that completely proves you wrong.
>>
>>26600375
What I'm saying is that your comparison is completely irrelevant, because you'd have to go back to 2006 to find GF's last example of announcing something and then sitting on their asses for like a fucking year before doing anything else. For the record both in BW and XY, CoroCoro had actual info within the first 4 issues, unlike CoroCoro

Also your "worldwide release" point only hurts your point that CoroCoro is worth anything now, because if they're pushing for a worldwide marketing a Japanese-exclusive kids magazine has no place being a relevant source of news

I sure hope Mr.CoroCoro is paying you handsomely for all that shilling
>>
>>26600101

>nothing
>news

OP is a faggot.
>>
>>26600417
>irrelevant
How? CoroCoro was still important then.

>For the record both in BW and XY, CoroCoro had actual info within the first 4 issues

Yea no shit BW was revealed in CoroCoro and XY were reveled and announced at the same time. I don't see your point with this.

>because if they're pushing for a worldwide marketing a Japanese-exclusive kids magazine has no place being a relevant source of news

Just like how it wasn't relevant during XY and ORAS. You're point is completely mute.

I don't think you even understand why CoroCoro has news first. They always officially announce the news on CoroCoro'sl release day. It's never meant to reveal things first anymore it just happens to always get out early. GameFreak has never given a shit outside of the first reveal. You'd have to be dense to think they start giving a shit now.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.