[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Solgaleo >Sun Legendary >Weak to Fire type >Lunaala
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 175
Thread images: 26
File: dumb.jpg (49 KB, 1020x384) Image search: [Google]
dumb.jpg
49 KB, 1020x384
>Solgaleo
>Sun Legendary
>Weak to Fire type

>Lunaala
>Moon Legendary
>4x weak to Dark type

Fucking why
>>
The Moon is more Fairy and Psychic's thing.
>>
File: retard registered.png (72 KB, 211x244) Image search: [Google]
retard registered.png
72 KB, 211x244
>>26589894
>The sun is made of fire
>The moon is made of dark
>>
>>26589906
>Cresselia
Psychic
>Lunatone
Psychic
>>
>>26589894
>sun isnt fire.
>literal sun and moon shapped pokemon are psychic and rock
>dark is actually evil
>moon is not evil
>space based pokemon are fairy or psychic.
kek
>>
>>26589916
No one said that, faggot. Point is, the sun is typically associated with fire while the moon is associated with nighttime/the dark. You're the retard here if you couldn't figure that connection out.
>>
>>26589894
Sun =/= Fire

It's like saying that Groudon should've been Fire type because lava and magma is hot.
>>
>>26589894
I understand why Solgaleo is part steel,but why is Lunaala part ghost?
>>
>>26589906
>>26589894
Plus ghost types have more to do with literal shadows than dark type ever did.

Steel is cause the sun makes metals.
>>
>>26589916
Underrated post
>>
>>26589954
This and the point isn't that they should have fire and dark as part of their typings, but rather that they shouldn't be weak to these typings because of how their basis is commonly associated with them.

A lot of underage retards in this thread jumping to conclusions.
>>
Dark type is Evil type in Japanese.

Why the fuck would the moon be evil?

Dark type has nothing to do with actual darkness, which is why Giratina for example also isn't a Dark type.
>>
>>26589961
Steel is probably because it's not literally a sun god - that's Volcarona's schtick

also Steel is sort of a Light type
>>
>>26589993
>retard still thinking Japan cares about america's name for the Dark type
>>
Why are people complaining about that and not the fact that they made Metagross again.
This was done twice already.

Now we have
Metagross, Mega Metagross, Mythic Metagross, and Legendary Metagross.

Just why?
>>
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 640x591) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 640x591
On the Pokemon site they call Solgaleo "the beast that ate the sun" which very well could be a reference to the alchemical symbol for the purification of metals
>>
File: 1463348223268.jpg (173 KB, 960x919) Image search: [Google]
1463348223268.jpg
173 KB, 960x919
>>26589984
Back to shittit with you.

>>26590003
>>26590015
See
>>26589954
>>26589993

The moon can be associated with evil if you want to grasp at straws. Bad things are always said to happen at night, werewolves transform on the full moon, vampires die from sunlight, the boogeyman comes out at night, more crime happens at night, the list goes on. The moon can EASILY be connected to dark type. At the very least Lunaala shouldn't be 4x weak to it.
>>
>>26590035
How could something that ate the sun be weak to a typing associated with heat?
>>
Your name is Cameron.
>>
ITT: People who think a type has to LITERALLY what that type is.

Just like all those Magma based pokemon that are Fire types, Mushroom based pokemon that are Grass, and non-draconoid based pokemon are Dragons, right guys?
>>
>>26590092
No one said that you fucking idiot. It doesn't have to have that typing, but being weak to that type makes no fucking sense. Holy shit summer came early this year.
>>
>>26590061
Again all those things you listed are part of Western culture.
>>
>>26590061
>Umbreon the first Dark type
>fucking relates to moon in it's name
>Darkrai which is a pure Dark mythic pokemon
>related to the New Moon in the cycle
>hurr durr Darks aren't related to the moon

Normal and Dark types belong to the moon
>>
>>26590102
>No one said that you fucking idiot

Yeah, except for all of these people:

>>26589938
>Sun isnt fire

>>26589916
>Sun is made of fire, moon is made of dark

>>26589958
>Sun=/=fire

>>26590003
>Why the fuck would the moon be evil?
>>
>>26590102
You just don't get it. A pokemon can be weak to a typing that's completely unrelated to the pokemon itself, like is the case with Lunala and Solgaleo
>>
The sun is not made of fire
The moon has nothing to do with darkness
>>
>>26589954
Maybe in your retarded mind. What kind of fucking headcanon are you making up?
>>
Maybe that's the point. We don't know what the story or their place in it is yet. It could be that they're fated to devour the Sun/Moon and the evil team is trying to rush them to it even though they're not ready...and then you come along and have the PRO TRAINER SKILLS to get the legendary to mega evolve/go primal/whatever and in this new form they have an ability that switches their weakness to Fire/Dark into a strength to it.
>>
>>26589960

What type are Shadow Ball, Shadow Claw, Shadow Sneak, and Night Shade?

Ghost, not Dark.

Ghost has always been the type related to darkness/shadows, while before the Physical/Special split, Dark had absolutely nothing to do with darkness and was just "evil", and even now, Darkrai and its signature move Dark Void are the only Dark-type Pokemon/moves related to darkness.
>>
>>26590125
While I dont care about these typings, saying that the pokemon have nothing to do with those typings is retarded.

How people havent realized that typings cover a wide range of themes is beyond me. Just because the sun isn't LITERALLY pure fire, doesn't mean it wouldn't fit under that typing.

I mean, it's not like there's a move that specifically buffs Fire moves by summoning strong sunlight or anything, right?
>>
>>26590061
Yeah no, asian places consider the moon a pure an pious thing. It's why so many fairy moves are moon related.

And why darkrai is dark, he's the absence of the moon.
>>
>>26590121
>getting your feelings hurt at VP becausr you have never read a book
>>
>>26589894
What you fail to understand is that Solgalo and Lunala aren't the physical embodiments of the sun and moon themeselves like Dialga and Palkia are the embodiments of time and space. They're called emissaries of the celestial bodies. They even say Solgaleo devours the sun, which doesn't make much sense if Solgaleo is the embodiment of the sun. Same goes for Lunala. If it were the embodiment of the moon, it'd be a Fairy. But because it's more of a representation of the night that comes with the moon, it's a Ghost.
>>
File: .png (16 KB, 630x96) Image search: [Google]
.png
16 KB, 630x96
>>
>>26590125
>>26590165

>Solgaleo
>Sun pokemon
>Sun is associated with heat
>Fire is the only type associated with heat
>Sun historically has been considered a ball of fire, science has only disproven that recently
>Solgaleo can devour the sun, but for some dumbass reason his typing makes him weak to it

>Lunaala
>Moon pokemon
>Moon associated with nighttime
>Nighttime is associated with darkness
>Nighttime is also associated with evil and misfortune
>Other moon related pokemon have had the dark typing

>completely unrelated to the pokemon itself

Holy shit, what an idiot.

>>26590152
Didn't read the thread? Fucking retard.
>>
>>26590183
>forgetting Dank pulse
but still you do have a point that Ghost is just as legitimate if not more so.
>>
Solgaleo's typing is open for debate, since Fire/Steel would've made a bit more sense.
But is Lunala and by extension in any way associated with "Dark"? Dark type is literally the Evil type, why is the moon evil? Also, I look outside on a clear day in the morning and see the moon in the sky. The moon doesn't just suddenly appear at night nor is it in any way exclusive to it.
>>
>>26589894
The moon has just as much to do with Dark as the earth.
>>
>>26590213
I'm illiterate so let me correct myself.

Solgaleo's typing is open for debate, since Fire/Steel would've made a bit more sense.
But how is Lunala and by extension the moon in any way associated with "Dark"? Dark type is literally the Evil type, why is the moon evil? Also, I look outside on a clear day in the morning and see the moon in the sky. The moon doesn't just suddenly appear at night nor is it in any way exclusive to it.
>>
>>26590213
>But how is Lunala and by extension the moon in any way associated with "Dark"? Dark type is literally the Evil type, why is the moon evil?

Read the thread and you'll get an explanation. The connection is not that hard to make.
>>26590206
>>
>>26590211
>>26590183

>Using english names as evidence

Dumbasses, the both of you
>>
File: Ghost and Dark moves.png (215 KB, 2868x1348) Image search: [Google]
Ghost and Dark moves.png
215 KB, 2868x1348
>>26590211

Dark Pulse isn't really "darkness", it's just bad thoughts manifested into an attack.

Dark Void is the only Dark-type move that involves any darkness.
>>
>>26590183
>Dark Pulse
>NIGHT Slash
Cool I guess
>>
>>26590031

So we can't have more than one Pokémon of the same type? Fuck you.
>>
>>26590243
Modifying Eastern mythologies to fit with your Western way of thinking. Can you be more ethnocentric?
>>
>>26590265
>Dark Void is the only Dark-type move that involves any darkness.
>Night slash

Ok
>>
>>26590282
This. I get a boner for new typo combos but that doesn't mean that previously used ones are off-limits... especially one that hasn't even been used that much.
>>
>>26590286

>The user slashes the target the instant an opportunity arises

>The Japanese name つじぎり (Crossroad Killing) refers to the way in which some samurai would test new swords in feudal Japan, known as Tsujigiri. This was by hiding in wait by a road (typically a crossroads, thus its literal translation) and waiting for an unsuspecting commoner (i.e. lower class, and so with far fewer rights than the samurai class) to pass by. He would then strike to kill, and in this way learn how well his new sword could cut.

No darkness involved, it's just slashing the opponent while their guard is down.
>>
>>26590243
I can make the connection, but that doesn't mean that every Pokemon associated with the moon HAS to be Dark type. Honestly, if we're going discuss this following exactly the same logic the Ghost typing (in fiction ghosts generally only come out at nighttime) as well as the Psychic typing (in Pokemon associated the cosmos) makes perfect sense.
>>
>>26590249
>>26590249
>Japanese names all still have shadow in their name except for Night Shade
You arrogant fucking moron
>>
>Umbreon the first Dark type
>fucking relates to moon in it's name
>Darkrai which is a pure Dark mythic pokemon
>related to the New Moon in the cycle
>hurr durr Darks aren't related to the moon
>>
>>26590313
>but that doesn't mean that every Pokemon associated with the moon HAS to be Dark type

The point isn't that Lunaala should be dark type, ya dingus. The point is that is shouldn't be 4x weak to dark type.
>>
>>26590249
>シャドーボール Shadow Ball
>シャドークロー Shadow Claw
>かげうち Shadow Strike
>ナイトヘッド Night Head
How does this debunk his claim about Ghost having a relation to darkness/night?
>>
>>26590367
>>26590180
>>
Sigh...does every legendary Pokemon have to be psychic or dragon?
>>
>>26590380
But how could they devour the very things they'd be weak to? That makes no sense.
>>
>>26590382
We had Xerneas last gen, and it's been a few gens since the box legends were Psychic
>>
>>26590403
bruh did you stop reading the post halfway through? and that's just one way they could solve it. they're a creative studio.
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 480x270
>>26590078
Fuck
>>
File: 1464243681760.png (256 KB, 518x726) Image search: [Google]
1464243681760.png
256 KB, 518x726
>>26589894
>the sun is orange/yellow
>the sun is millions of degrees Fahrenheit
>the sun emits heat
>the sun can literally set things on fire
>not a fire-type
Why has there literally not been an interesting heavyweight legendary since Gen 3?
>>
>>26590414
I read the whole thing, but I don't care about how they could fix it. That's relying on a whole bunch of hopes and assumptions that we have no evidence for. As far as we know right now, these are their final typings. You can hope and guess all you want, but that doesn't make it so. If it turns out to be the case, I'll concede. But until then, the typings make no sense and Gamefreak fucked up.

Also, GF is not a creative studio. Sorry to burst your bubble. This is yet another reason that I don't assume that there's some depth to the types that they chose. I'd just chalk it up to retardation.
>>
File: Autism_Speaks_Logo.jpg (12 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Autism_Speaks_Logo.jpg
12 KB, 400x400
>>26589894
>muh logical patterns in pokemon!
Sorry your video games aren't as realistic as real life...
>>
>>26590457
well you manage to be more cynical than me which is an accomplishment at least
>>
>>26590473
I'm not being cynical. I'm going based off what I know. You are basing your points entirely off of an assumption. Occam's razor, dude.
>>
>>26590494
Yeah man it's called speculation. You are being pretty cynical and rigid in your stance, I'm just suggesting possibilities without a "I know for a fact they'll screw this up" attitude that you are espousing.
>>
>>26590562
I never said "I know for a fact they'll screw this up", you dick. I said there's no point in excusing the shitty typings under the baseless assumption that they'll fix it with some story related crap. I'm not defending their typings by pulling a justification out of thin fucking air, I'm arguing against them based on what we already know - like any logical person would do.
>>
>>26590614
I'm not saying necessarily that they'll fix it like the suggestion in the other post, but when given the full story context it will probably make more sense at least why they are weak to the type that intuitively they wouldn't be weak to. It definitely is a more reasonable stance than GF being retarded.
>>
>>26590206
Solgaleo isn't the Sun Pokemon and Lunala isn't the Moon Pokemon.
>>
>>26590115
You mention Darkrai, but Cresselia is also a moon legendary is Psychic-type. Also, Darkrai is the New Moon, aka the time of the lunar calendar when you can't see the moon at all. It's practically the moon's absence.

No part of Umbreon's name relates to the moon. "Umbra" just means shadow. Umbreon's always been a bit of an exception though: it's the only Dark-type that manages to conform to the false notion that the type relates to literal darkness rather than evil.
>>
>>26589916
Don't forget!
Going by Weabonese, they are asserting that the moon is made of Evil.
>>
Dark type is the "evil" type, not the opposite of light.

Also,
>applying logic to pokemon

Fucking eat shit logic fags.
>>
>>26589894
they're legendaries. who actually uses them for anything other than completing your pokedex.
>>
It's ok.
Marshadow is Dark/Fairy. There's a weakness triangle but it destroys them both regardless.
>>
>>26589894
Lunaala is weak to dark because the moon doesn't emit its own light, it relies on the sun's reflection to shine and not be engulfed by darkness.

That's why Solgaleo is made of shiny, reflecting steel. However, this makes it weak to fire, so Lunaala helps him by casting a shadow from time to time to let him rest. Hence the ghost type.
>>
>>26591499
>on the sun's reflection
whoops. Meant sunlight.
>>
>>26590878

The Pokedex does say that Umbreon hides in the dark for prey, so it still fits the Dark type's theme of being sneaky/dishonorable.
>>
>>26590267
Night Slash is literally the shadows of the night slashing through the target
>>
>implying there isn't fire on the sun

holy fuck is /vp/ this stupid?
>>
>>26590311
I blame the attack animation. It looks like the user is cutting its target with a shadowy slash in gens IV and VI
>>
>>26589894
>Why isn't Charizard a dragon type
>Why isn't Gyarados a dragon type
>Why isn't Stunfisk a water type
>Why isn't Groudon a Fire type
>Why isn't Tynamo a Water type
>Why is Lucario a Steel type
>Why is Jirachi a Steel type
>Why is Mr. Mime a Fairy type

We get these questions every fucking gen, I'm honestly not even surprised anymore.
>>
First of all the biggest issue is actually the fire vs steel typing to begin with. Though we aren't supposed to apply real life to the game, it's even canon that it's almost entirely unrelated to our world. The thing is... You have to wonder how steel became weak to fire.

Fire/heat can destroy everything, there is nothing on this planet that could retain its form if temperatures were as high as what the sun actually is. Metals aka steel in the pokemon world, would retain their form much better than any other pokemon. The properties of metal would also mean that heat is absorbed better due to density etc and essentially would be less effective at hurting whatever is beneath the layer of steel. The only problem is that Steel would retain and isolate the heat due to not having no convection (doesn't break up into a gas form to share the energy via surface area like steam). Meaning that it would fucking hurt for a much longer time if there are "organs" etc within a steel type pokemon.

TL;DR Metals retain and conduct heat, thus making heat effective against them in the long run. Even if everything else dies in those high temperatures.

So why is Solgaleo steel? Why is it weak to fire? Solgaleo is not the sun, just like how sundials aren't the sun. It's more like how we would sculpt something to do with the sun with solid materials. Solgaleo is more like a guardian, "sunsteel" being steel forged by the sun's heat. Lunala is in sort of the same, except being forged by the void or vaccum of space. Solgaleo represents the physical realm and Lunala represents the opposite of that. Black holes, vaccums etc, Lunala is in a sense colder than any temperature due to not having any conductive properties. This makes it the direct opposite of Solgaleo and the direct opposite of the sun.

Idk if that makes sense but this is how I see it.
>>
>>26592478
Also Lunaala is weak to dark (even though it's a void) because the dark type is more associated with being cunning, violent, sneaky, "evil", destructive etc.Consider a voidling or ghost to be more susceptible to evil behavior and possession, and psychics to have a fear of such behavior ans posession.

Ghost = voids/phantoms/antimatter/emptiness
Dark = immorality/survival/destruction/chaos
>>
>>26591641

Our sun is 73.46% hydrogen, 24.85% helium, and the rest is oxygen, carbon, iron, neon, nitrogen, silicon, magnesium, and sulfur.
>>
>sun legendary weak to fire
lmao who got paid for this
>>
File: 383Groudon-Primal[1].png (781 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
383Groudon-Primal[1].png
781 KB, 1280x1280
>>26592737

>earth legendary weak to ground

lmao who got paid for this
>>
The only real problem with solgaleo being weak to fire is that it means he hates sunny day
And that he's literally fucking metagross
Jesus christ why
>>
File: 240px-484Palkia.png (71 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
240px-484Palkia.png
71 KB, 240x240
>"Spacial" pokemon has water type.
>>
File: dealwithit.png (84 KB, 932x297) Image search: [Google]
dealwithit.png
84 KB, 932x297
>>26589954
People here are really stupid, anon. Two days ago, fire was the obvious choice. Now "the sun is not fire, it is plasma" (ignoring fire IS plasma)

If they were Fire and Dark/Flying, there would be people saying Psychic would make no sense. Whatever GF chose, there would be people blindly arguing in favor.
>>
>>26592984
Hydrogen is the most abundant element in the universe.
>>
Legendaries were mistake, ever since gen 3. We don't need pokegods that govern space, time, life and death and shit like that, it's retarded and doesn't make sense. Also they have always been the lowest point of each and every gen since rse, look at how many worthless and terribly designed trash there is among 4 and 5 gens legendaries. 4 gen in particular, the shittiest gen incidentally, had to introduce Arceus, which brings completely hamfisted cosmology that doesn't fit at all.
Fuck that shit.
>>
>>26593012
t. butthurt Christian youth
>>
>>26593007
Should solgaleo be water instead of steel, since sun is made of hydrogen ?
>>
>>26592984

Diamonds are the hardest material on Earth, and pearls come from clams, which live underwater. That's why Dialga and Palkia have those typings.
>>
>>26592728
I feel like people here don't even understand what fire is. Those things you just listed? See how there's all that helium and oxygen? Those two elements cause nuclear fusion between themselves which is a chemical reaction, which also causes thermal and light radiation. Chemical reactions require less energy than they produce, all excess energy = heat and light = "fire".

It's not made OF fire, but it is ON fire. But there's so much fucking fire that it may as well be fire.

Also a note: Fire types in pokemon don't have to be associated with light either. The fundamental aspect of a fire type is actually heat and not light, even though usually they go hand in hand you don't have to see fire to be burned by something hot.
>>
>>26593031
Solgaleo is a Steel type because the lion who eats the sun is an alchemical symbol for the purification of metals.

I personally think it should be fire/electric because plasma, but it wouldn't fit the design.
>>
But why are either of them psychic...
>>
>>26593064
Combustion is different than nuclear fusion.
Fire isn't the same thing as being hot.
>>
>>26589894
Because solgaleo is not made up of/related to fire
>>
>>26593023
I'm agnostic, fag.

Also The Blessed And The Damned is a terrible splatbook for PTU, the writer got a ton of shit wrong about legendaries, the new mechanics are terrible and unbalanced, the fluff is retarded and the writing is pure cringe.
Nu-legendaries truly don't belong to Pokemon, go rot in the digimon fanbase if you need to masturbate about ridiculous powerlevels and stay in D&D containment if you wank to retarded cosmology and forced mysticism.
I'm mad.
>>
>>26593086

>Espeon (the Sun Pokemon)
>Starmie
>Lunatone and Solrock
>Gothitelle
>Elgyem and Beheeyem
>Cosmic Power

Psychic being used to represent space is nothing new
>>
>>26593067
You people keep stating this like it's fact, when we know nothing about its origins thus far. Why of all the options would you choose specifically a beast that "devours" the sun. That alchemical symbol reference probably has nothing to do with Solgaleo at all.

It's related to something much, much more obvious. It's steel because it was forged by the sun. That doesn't mean it has to be fire, or immune to fire, its creator is essentially fire. The sun is a god to Sungaleo, thus it looks like the sun as a tribute of respect. Just like how Man supposedly looks like god, but we aren't made of the same materials, are we?

To specifically target some random ass "alchemical" reference is way, way too out of the way. Like sure, if it happens to be this really specific reference that less than 1% of the population knows, then sure - but I think I'll keep with general mainstream ideas that are known by most of the educated population. Not to sound rude, but this image keeps getting reposted and conveyed as fact by those who support it.
>>
>>26589894

Becca everything since gen 4 is pure abomination
>>
>>26593095
I feel like you're confused, the sun is literally nuclear fusion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_fusion

You're right that fire is not the same thing as being hot, but fire is thermal radiation - which is hot. Though the fire type is literally called fire type and not heat type, it's the same situation as all the other types:

Fairy = Light radiation/goodness/morality
Dark = Evil/Destruction etc and OCCASIONALLY it means black/void of light
Poison = doesn't mean the pokemon is made of poison does it? It means it can be venomous or toxic etc.
Grass = is not literally grass? It's plants

So...?
>>
>>26593265
To be more specific about that link

There's an image of the sun and this description:
"The Sun is a main-sequence star, and thus generates its energy by nuclear fusion of hydrogen nuclei into helium. In its core, the Sun fuses 620 million metric tons of hydrogen each second."
>>
File: archie x sharpedo.png (1 MB, 1280x719) Image search: [Google]
archie x sharpedo.png
1 MB, 1280x719
The Sun is a star, as a star get’s hotter and hotter, it’s core is getting more dense, getting closer to the end of the star’s life.

In mythology, the Moon gives off the most power when it's full. When covered by darkness to create halves and quarters, it’s weaker.

I tried.
>>
>>26590265
>night daze
>night slash
>>
>>26590878
Umbreon's highly associated with the moon. Absorbing its light to evolve and moonlight causing its rings to glow, being one of the original mons to learn Moonlight...

Of course, there's more associations with the moon in the Fairy-type, but hey Lunala isn't that either for some fucking reason.
>>
>>26591795
They briefly considered making Stunfisk a Water-type before realising that Unova needed some more diversity. Can't remember if it was supposed to be Water/Electric or Ground/Water, though.
>>
I feel lunala should have been fairy/ghost. It would've been a new typing if my memory serves me right. Keep solagleo the same and both of them would be affective against each other. Each can hurt the other, but in the end there cannot be day without night and vise-versa
>>
What if they're not the representations of the sun and moon? Like, the ancient Alola civilization thought they were, but they're really false gods
>>
>>26593012
Pokemon never made sense to begin with you absolute retard, you're just bitching for no reason at this point
>>
>>26596381
This.
>>
>>26589894
We don't know the story yet.

From what I've seen of story speculation?

Daycat is the enemy of the sun.
Nightbat is the enemy of the moon.
>>
File: 1440124178757.gif (565 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
1440124178757.gif
565 KB, 180x180
>>26589894
>Legendaries
>>
I think they're weak to the types they were associated with on purpose
>>
>Liger Zero is Psychic type
>>
File: 249Lugia_OS_anime.png (80 KB, 731x566) Image search: [Google]
249Lugia_OS_anime.png
80 KB, 731x566
>Diving Pokemon
>Not Water
>>
File: lunaala.jpg (21 KB, 450x301) Image search: [Google]
lunaala.jpg
21 KB, 450x301
>>26589894
>>
>>26596636
MMMMMMMMMMMMMM BOYS
>>
perhaps they are not the laganderies of the sun and moon respectively, but you will need to work with sun and moon teams to stop those pokemon villians?

>>26596636
sounds like a good solution
>>
>>26590878
>No part of Umbreon's name relates to the moon. "Umbra" just means shadow.

Umbra, Penumbra, and Anteumbra are most commonly used to describe/highly associated with the shadows of eclipses unless you're on deviantart.
>>
File: hshs.png (76 KB, 252x235) Image search: [Google]
hshs.png
76 KB, 252x235
>>26590005
>steel is sort of a Light type
>>
>>26589961
The funny part of this is that it's 4x weak to Ghost, too.
>>
>>26590814
>pokemon sun and moon
>box art fucking legendaries

will you stop being retarded my guy
>>
Its supposed to be ironic
>>
>>26598536

>>26597833
>>26598308
>>
>>26589894

3rd Legendary who's supposed to rule them Fire/Dark confirmed?
>>
>>26591795

>Why isn't Luxray a dark type
>>
File: 1385968465169.jpg (35 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1385968465169.jpg
35 KB, 512x384
To be fair, part of the Sun's chemical makeup IS Iron.
>>
File: FUCK.jpg (50 KB, 492x493) Image search: [Google]
FUCK.jpg
50 KB, 492x493
>2016
>people still think Dark type has to do with literal darkness
>>
>>26598685
>dexter labratory
>>
>>26593064
Thank God! Someone with a fuckin' brain.
>>
>>26598707
Ergo Proxy
>>
>>26589961
It doesn't make all that much tho, so it's still fucking retarded.
>>
>>26593218
The official site states in its description of solgaleo that it eats the sun.
>>
>>26589894
Because DEEPEST LORE.
Note that the Psychic type is already associated with space in pokemon (sorry cosmicfags)

In addition to the obvious Sun/Moon resemblance:

Solgaleo represents an astronaut/human spaceflight.

>Psychic because SPACE
>Steel because goddamn rockets.

Lunaala represents a UFO/aliems.

>Psychic because SPACE
>Ghost because aliems are spooky, supernatural, etc.
>>
>>26589894
I think it's cool they gave them unconventional types, it was clearly an intentional choice.
>>
>>26589916
One half of the moon is literally called the dark side of the moon.
>>
>>26601114
You mean they intentionally designed them to be pieces of shit? I really hope they're trying to set us up for something that'll redeem them.
>>
Well the thing is we already have two Fire lions (Entei and Pyroar) so I'm glad Solgaleo isn't also a Fire type.

For both, the Psychic type makes sense (see Lunatone and Cresselia, also other space related mons such as Jirachi, Deoxys, Starmie, Beheeyem and Elgyem). The reason why they went with Ghost rather than Dark (Evil) is probably the same reason why Giratina is a Ghost type and not a Dark (Evil) type. Ghost is associatied with mystery, ominous, darkness, eeriness and all that (Nightmare, Ominous Wind, Shadow Ball, Shadow Force, Phantom Force etc.) whereas Dark (Evil) type is more so associated with thugs, bullies, unfairness, being mean, villains, playing it dirty, con artists, deception, deceit, fraud etc (Foul Play, Bite, Fake Tears, Nasty Plot, Payback, Punishment, Sucker Punch, Thief, Torment, Beat Up etc.)
Ghost fits Lunala's theme better than Dark does.
>>
>>26601227
And Fairy fits better than Psychic.
>>
>>26598536
They aren't the Sun and Moon Pokemon, you fucking retard. Check the official website and kill yourself thrice.
>>
File: image.jpg (210 KB, 640x490) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
210 KB, 640x490
>>26601260
>sunne
>moone
What does it mean?
>>
>>26601288
If you check the other languages, Italian makes them "solar" and "lunar", while at least 60% of the others talk about https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corona_(optical_phenomenon)

The descriptions doesn't call them sun or moon Pokemon, it says "the emissary from the ____" and "beast that ____ the ___" and that they look similar to the sun/moon. That's it.
>>
>>26601164
they look cool tho
>>
>>26601164
GF doesn't give a fuck about how good they actually are in competitive battling.
>>
>>26601355
Mega Audino 2: Electric Boogaloo?
>>
>>26601316
>Since ancient times, Lunala has been honoured as an emissary of the moon. Referred to with reverence as “the beast that calls the moon,” Lunala is constantly absorbing light and converting it into energy. With its wings spread to absorb the surrounding light and glittering like the crescent moon, it resembles a beautiful night sky. Lunala’s signature Moongeist Beam attack releases an ominous beam of light that disregards the target’s Ability.

Fuuuuck. With Fairy's association with light, why couldn't they have thrown it onto Lunala?
>>
>>26590165

>making up

Autism?
>>
>implying the moon is evil
>>
>>26598505
>Flash Cannon
>Mirror Shot
>>
>>26597897
>>26601114
this. i don't see why everyone is so ass rattled about them being weak to elements they are associated with. there's probably a reason behind it and if not so what? that's what fucking pastebins are for.

also
>nothing can destroy the sun or stars, their only weakness is the passage of time (i.e. itself)
>literal shadows are the only thing that can make the moon black or disappear
>>
>>26593218
You make it sound design like the mythology behind the legendary especially in XY were common knowledge. Gamefreak doesn't care what people know, they want interesting themes.
>>
The third legendary for this trio is going to be Dark/Fire. Calling it now
>>
>>26602170
tfw marshadow is dark/fire.. mars.. shadow.. fire.. dark...
>>
>>26589916
>moon is generally visible at night when it is dark
>sun is extremely hot, sunny day provides a boost to fire type attacks
>>
>>26589894
>he thinks the sun is fire
>he thinks dark type literally means absence of light rather than evil

Go away
>>
>>26602330
>the sun isn't fire
my whole life i've been living a lie...
>>
>>26589894
Have you ever considered that maybe typing doesn't always have to with its subject? I mean look at Palkia, just what do Water and Dragon have to do with Space?
>>
>>26590035
Memento Mori
>>
>>26602469
dragon = god
water = serene
cosmos C serene + god
>>
>>26602532
By that logic its at least ok for Lunala to be Psychic Ghost since

Psychic can equal radiant and Ghost can be mysterious, two factors that have been associated with the moon for a long time.
>>
>>26590186
by definition of "fire", the sun is fire
the sun =/= steel
if it is steel, it would fucking die
sun fusion from hydrogen->iron? oh fuck it will fucking die

The sun is really just a big ball of gas acting as a giant nuclear reactor with waste energy tens of thousands folds (heat, light, photons)

Solageo's typing goes against everything against the sun, not being fire because hipster GF has to again fucking disappoint their fans again because of their retarded contrarian mindset.
>>
File: Green_lion_consuming_the_sun.jpg (96 KB, 450x612) Image search: [Google]
Green_lion_consuming_the_sun.jpg
96 KB, 450x612
>>26589894
>Solgaleo has the alchemical symbol for the sun and gold on its forehead
>Lunala is made up of crescents, the alchemical symbol for the moon and silver
>Solgaleo is described as the "beast that devours the sun"
>a lion devouring the sun is a common depiction of the purification of metals in alchemy
>translation team took this one step further and translated Solgaleo's ability as Full Metal Body, alluding to Full Metal Alchemist
>Litten also has an alchemical symbol incorporated into its design, the symbol for brimstone/sulfur, also called the "leviathan cross"

WHAT

DOES

IT

MEAN
>>
>>26602554
you are correct.
>>
>>26602598
the sun is the sun. if there were a sun-type you might have a point. fire is just one and arguably the most common elements to represent the sun but god forbid someone try to be creative and think outside the box, right? this game would literally be rbgy v. 7 if they thought like that.
>>
>>26601239
For what exactly?
>>
>>26603129
>Since ancient times, Lunala has been honoured as an emissary of the moon. Referred to with reverence as “the beast that calls the moon,” Lunala is constantly absorbing light and converting it into energy. With its wings spread to absorb the surrounding light and glittering like the crescent moon, it resembles a beautiful night sky. Lunala’s signature Moongeist Beam attack releases an ominous beam of light that disregards the target’s Ability.

You know how the Fairy-type's associated with light and how it's the closest we'll ever get to a Light-type, right? Moves like Dazzling Gleam, Light of Ruin, Moonblast, Moonlight... That's what I was suggesting.
>>
>>26603206
I forgot Geomancy.
>>
>>26603206
Lunala itself isn't the moon though. Its an astrological creature(Psychic typing being space associated) that seeks for the moon to us as a power source akin to Solgaleo being an astrological creature that attempts to eat the sun.
>>
>>26603258
"us" was a typo. I meant to say "use"
>>
File: 1458227224982.jpg (194 KB, 835x575) Image search: [Google]
1458227224982.jpg
194 KB, 835x575
>>26602641
>Full Metal alchemist
OMG this idiot think it has ANYTHING to do with fma

So many morons here that think occidental names like Dark type or the abilities means something

>Muh why Infernape doesn't learn inferno

Fucking idiots
>>
>>26590031
>forgetting bell metagross
Newfag spotted
>>
>>26603206
Gamefreak dug themselves into a hole with that shit. Orignally steel was the typing to have light based moves with doom desire and flash cannon.
>>
>>26602185
>marsh
>swamp
>water

Or

>marsh badge
>psychic gym badge

Calling it to be Water/Psychic now
Thread replies: 175
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.