[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2016 >Region based on the Hawaiian Islands that compose
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: 14630868912283.png (621 KB, 716x477) Image search: [Google]
14630868912283.png
621 KB, 716x477
>2016
>Region based on the Hawaiian Islands that compose the entire US State of Hawaii
>"OMG REGIONS SO SMALL WE'RE FUCKED"

>2010
>Region based on New York City and Eastern New Jersey
>No one freaks out worrying that the region will be "too small".

Good lord, so many of you people are fucking stupid.
>>
ur mum
>>
>>26587738
Black and white was based in new york? Holy shit.
>>
>>26587804
cuck
>>
People are probably just worried because Kalos was such a disappointment (to many of them).

I think the autists doing their map """"research"""" that is """"to scale"""" are completely off the mark. As we move away from sprites and chibi/bobblehead overworlds I think the map will become simplified.

I'm not too worried about the size of the region. I care about what the region has to offer. At this point, it is way too early to tell what this region will be like based on a goddamn map.

I guarantee some Anon will reply to this with """"to scale"""" image of a map and try to rationalize it. So to that anon, in advance, you didn't make the game. You're only speculating like everyone else at this point. Your opinion is just that. It does not mean it is automatically correct because you believe it to be.
>>
>>26587804

You're kidding right?

Did you think it was Shanghai?
>>
>>26587823
For me Kalos was an improvement compared to Unova, but Im still worried about Alola

Not really really because I think it will be smaller, but because I fear it will FEEL smaller because of the new overworld style
>>
>>26587738
the size of the real life regions has literally NOTHING to do with how the games scale it.

Kalos was a fucking COUNTRY but it felt smaller than Sinnoh.
>>
>>26587864

Precisely the point.

>>26587862

We'll see if locations that seem to "flow" contiguously into each other feel smaller than isolated towns separated by long footpaths that essentially leave most of the "land" seen in the map artwork completely unexplorable when actually playing the game.
>>
>>26587738

The player character is clearly visible on the map. Using a little bit of our brains tells us how small the island is in total.

Hawaii has 7 islands IIRC. There are 6 land masses on the map. Ill even say 4 to convenience you because two of the islets arent really significant. So lets say theres 3 more islands hidden by clouds, thats still less than half of Hoenn with TWICE AS MUCH WATER!!

XY was a letdown but if this ends up being another lazy cash-grab, fuck it Im done with Pokemon. This better have over 150 pokemon, megas not included.
>>
>>26587864

Thats probably because Sinnoh is the largest region in the series.
>>
>>26587823
Joe... Stop being a horses butt and go update Serebii with actual information that we want to see. Not the shit you dribble out these days. Or go shitpost pomfret.
>>
>>26587901

>This better have over 150 pokemon

That's not a reasonable expectation at all.

The only new region to have any number like that was deliberately trying to be a "Gen 1 analog" and a great number of the Pokémon were reinterpretations/updates of Kanto Pokémon.

If all the land mass visible in the map of Alola were clumped together, and the map zoomed in on slightly, there would be NO concerns that the region was too small, people are just freaked out by the water assuming the water is taking up space on the game map that would otherwise be additional land, and like someone said yesterday, People seem to be under the impression that the islands in Alola will be like the "mini-islands" in video games like The Wind Waker.
>>
File: 1463791645972.jpg (15 KB, 234x230) Image search: [Google]
1463791645972.jpg
15 KB, 234x230
>>26587960

>That's not a reasonable expectation at all.

Thats right, 40 new Pokemon with 40 megas is.

Fuck off you professional semen eater.
>>
>>26587981

>Someone disagrees with me.
>Jumps to absurd radical extreme that was never even brought up in the conversation.

You are a detriment to intelligent discourse.
>>
>>26587804

Its 2016 and people still don't know that Unova was NYC?

How could you play the game and not realize that?
>>
>>26587998

Its completely plausible.

Gen 2 was 100?
3 was @130?
4 was around the same?
5 was 150+?
6 was 69.

My point is theres gotta be something to get me interested in the game. If the region is small as shit and the roster is small, then what am I gonna do? Play the singleplayer then bikesim again? Thats fucking gay. I mean they got 3D down finally and the terrain is not on a grid like DQ. They can work on the substance for now.

Im keeping an open mind for the treehouse and other directs but as it stands theres no draw to it for me.
>>
>>26588095
>uses the word "gay" as a pejorative.

I'm not even that poster, but wow, go back to last century and play Gen I, you're obviously having trouble keeping up.
>>
>>26588063
Ah yes, the famous NYC desert.
>>
>>26588315

I was actually going to respond to >>26588095 nearly a half hour ago, but his vocabulary literally triggered memories of being on the playground in 5th grade and the "bad words" we'd use when the monitors weren't within earshot, and realized it wasn't deserving of my time.
>>
>>26587804
Shanghai actually, but Amerifats love to center thing around themselves
>>
>>26588328

Kyushu (Hoenn) and France (Kalos) don't have deserts either.
>>
>>26588349

Oh, you.

Would you like to imply that owls aren't birds or make mention of Tentaquil while you're at it?
>>
>>26588352
Hoenn is only "based" on Kyushu by the shape of the island, nothing more. Same applies to all games Gen 1-4.
>>
>>26588315
>triggered mentally ill home detected
>>
>>26587738
>based on NYC
You're stupid. The region was shaped like NYC and all the bridge spam bullshit but it also embodied the whole US macroregion in its map.
>>
>>26588352
>France doesn't have a desert
Neither does Kalos. No, a dry route doesn't count.
>>
>>26588386
[citation needed]
>>
>>26588386

>bullshit but it also embodied the whole US macroregion in its map

You don't at all realize the extent to which they went out of their way to directly parallel the parts of the game map that were adapted out of equivalent locations in NYC and east New Jersey.

The pics explaining it and links to YouTube videos about it have been passed around on this board since 2011, I'm not gonna waste my time explaining it for you.
>>
>>26588315

Back to tumblr faggot!
>>
>>26588604

>invoking Tumblr to look cool

Talking like an elementary school kid who overheard some bad words on South Park doesn't make you edgy.
>>
File: 1461392320089.png (68 KB, 479x455) Image search: [Google]
1461392320089.png
68 KB, 479x455
>>26588729
>>
>>26588352
>France (Kalos) don't have deserts either.

But it does
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dune_of_Pilat
>>
>>26587941
What the actual fuck are you talking about you goddamn mongoloid?
>>
>>26589190
>a beach
>>
>>26587960
Honestly I kinda hope we get a bunch of mini islands in addition to the main big islands.
>>
>>26588328
It's an abandoned construction zone.

Have none of you ever read The Great Gatspy?
>>
>>26588349
Ebic post my friend! +1 upvotes for you!! xD
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.