[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
if you could chnge type effectiveness in the current chart, what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10
File: blank.jpg (194 KB, 1280x1440) Image search: [Google]
blank.jpg
194 KB, 1280x1440
if you could chnge type effectiveness in the current chart, what chages would you make?
>>
>>26585795
Ice immune to water
>>
Make grass not weak to and resisted by everyone and their grandmother, brother, sister, mom's dog and dog's sister
>>
>>26585803
That's stupid, because running water thaws ice.
>>
>>26585795
Psychic is now super-effective againts Fairy types
>>
File: nyeehh.jpg (50 KB, 512x397) Image search: [Google]
nyeehh.jpg
50 KB, 512x397
>>26585803
I don't know that a Water immunity is in order, but while we're at it, let Ice at least resist Grass and Flying. Maybe Bug, even, as it'd make a lot of sense, but I really really really don't think the Bug type needs any harm done to it.

Speaking of Bug, could Flying, Poison, and maybe Ghost not resist it? Also, it'd be neat if Bug resisted Psychic, the argument being that the mind of an insect may be too simple(?) to be affected by psychic influences. I don't know, just... just help all of those poor Bug/Poison types out. They need it.
>>
Fairy Immune to and super effective against all types except poison
>>
Ice resists ice, water, grass, dragon
Bug does normal damage against and resists fairy
>>
>>26585795
Fairy resists dragon instead of totally immune

Poison super-effective against Fighting, because that's what poison actually does in real life.

Fairy no longer resists Bug, because Bug needs to be better and why the hell does Fairy resist Bug anyway?
>>
give poison and ice more resistances

as of now there's zero reason to run a pokemon of those two types, since almost everything gets poison and ice coverage
>>
>>26585863
I think Fairy resists Bug because, in folklore, fairies repel insects.

But god damn do I wish the resistance was lifted anyways.
>>
>>26585849
>I don't know that a Water immunity is in order, but while we're at it, let Ice at least resist Grass and Flying

I agree with this.

>Speaking of Bug, could Flying, Poison, and maybe Ghost not resist it?

This not so much. Most grass types could use this insurance. I will meet you halfway on the Bug resisting Psychic part at least.
>>
>>26585863
It's also a common theme in lots of Chinese martial arts literature that the best martial artists are vulnerable to poison. It's seen as a coward's way out to beating someone more skilled than you. Should totally beat fighting.
>>
>>26585795
Dragon super effective versus water.

Ground types weak against fighting.

Electric types weak to steel and poison

Poison types immune to ice

Bug type SE versus rock and flying

Rock NVE versus fire

Flying NVE versus Ice

Ice SE against itself.
Ice resists electricity and Fairy

Fairy weak to dark, rock, and normal

Normal resists Dragon

Fighting resists Fire

Bug, Grass, and Poison all regain their gen 1 relationships to eachother.

Steel weak to grass, resists water, resists poison, and immune to fairy

Flying strong against poison

There. Now figure out how the meta balances out. I want to watch it happen.
>>
File: buster.jpg (87 KB, 514x663) Image search: [Google]
buster.jpg
87 KB, 514x663
>>26585830
>buffing Psychic
>>
File: vileplume.jpg (38 KB, 510x510) Image search: [Google]
vileplume.jpg
38 KB, 510x510
>>26585889
I'll up the ante and totally retract my Poison statement. I didn't really want to harm Poison at all anyways, much less give a weakness to my darling Vileplume.
>>
>>26585859
You really like the Psychic type ha?
>>
Remove ice's weakness to fighting and make it resist flying

Give water a weakness to poison

Make fairy weak to fire or psychic
>>
File: nice_egg.gif (895 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
nice_egg.gif
895 KB, 500x250
>>26585795
>Bug deals regular damage on Fighting, Ghost, and Fairy types
>Bug resists Psychic and Fairy
>Poison deals regular damage on Rock and Ghost
>Grass deals regular damage on Steel types
>Ice resists Normal, Flying, Grass, and Dragon
>>
>>26585907
Most of these don't make any fucking sense. Changing shit just for the sake of the meta is a horrible idea, at least try to justify your relationships.
>>
Just came here to say that Anne is best girl.
>>
>>26585849
>make grass worse
We're trying to improve the type chart not make it shittier
>>
>Fairy neutral on fire
>Bug neutral on fairy
>Fairy NVE on grass and psychic
>Ice resists flying and dragon
>Bug neutral on ghost
>Electric SE on steel
>Poison SE on water
Also fire and water are immune to hail, all grass get a little bit of life restored in the sun, in rain their defence goes up but speed drops
>>
>>26585907
You're a fucking mad man
>>
>>26585909
Psychic is only good against poison and fighting now. Flying and fairy, the most ranpent types in Gen VI can take down fighting and earthquake everything that's poison. Also bug, dark and ghost moves are longer shit since Gen IV
>>
File: normal.jpg (143 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
normal.jpg
143 KB, 720x720
Alright guys how do we make Normal better? It's by far the shittiest type, even worse than Grass.

>weak to Fighting
>resisted by Rock and Steel
>no effect on Ghost
>Super-effective against FUCKING NOTHING.
>>
>>26586196
Normal type has Mega Kangikhan so it can fuck right off
>>
>>26586196
>normal
>bad
It just has a lot of shitmons with average stats
>>
Bug resists Fairy.
Ice resists Water and becomes neutral to Fighting.
>>
File: 2779268-137[1].jpg (76 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
2779268-137[1].jpg
76 KB, 960x960
>>26585795
>if you could chnge type effectiveness in the current chart, what chages would you make?

I'd make Fairy-Type moves ineffective against Normal-Types.
>>
Poison SE against Water
Psychic SE against Fairy
Grass resists Fairy
>>
Make Normal resist Fairy since most people don't believe in fairies
>>
>>26585795
Dark resist Fairy.
I just want to use Scrafty again ;_;
>>
>>26585795
Buff Ice by giving it resistances to grass, water, and dragon
Make Water weak to Poison
Take away Grass's poison weakness
Make Fairy weak to electric
Make rock neutral damage to ground
>>
>>26585795
ice resistant to ground and dragon
fairy weak to fire
>>
Like everyone else it seems, I'd buff the Ice Type significantly.

I'd make it super effective against Fire and Water Types, while giving it resistances to Water, Flying, Grass, and Ground.
>>
File: Chart.png (41 KB, 718x506) Image search: [Google]
Chart.png
41 KB, 718x506
Marked with a white dot everything I've changed

Poison and Ice buffed but not that much
Water nerfed
Fairy made a better defensive type and a lot worse offensive
>>
Ice should resist flying. There's absolutely no reason it shouldn't.

>>26586388
Also this, but only if Mega Kangaskhan is either retyped or nerfed, cus that'd be OP beyond belief.
>>
>>26586196
remove resistance to rock

thats it
>>
File: 1464821166639.png (11 KB, 340x466) Image search: [Google]
1464821166639.png
11 KB, 340x466
Ice win everytiem
>>
>>26585795
>Fairy is not very effective against bug
>Fairy is not very effective against psychic
>Grass is not very effective against ice
>Flying is not very effective against ice
>Electric is super effective against steel
>Electric is super effective against fairy
>Bug is super effective against fairy

Anything else?
>>
×4 weakness wouldn't exist

If a move would be ×4 effective against something, it gets reduced to ×3
>>
>>26585795
This image text is misleading and false. Getting struck my lightening in water would shock you less than being struck by lightning on land, it is still fatal for most people or you could drown after the shock. A fact that's not listed here is that you are much more likely to be struck by lightening while in the water than you would be on land. Not as a direct strike to your body, but as any point in the water or even on the ground near it would spread to you.

To survive a lightening strike, you want to be near a sturdy structure or object that is substantially taller than you are, and ideally has nothing overhanging you like tree branches would that could fall after a strike breaks them.
>>
>>26585865
Poison's a pretty good defensive typing. Ice, not so much.
>>
Ice needs another resist, not sure what, maybe Water

more than anything though i'd make Hail give Ice types a 50% Def buff and a Hail speed ability like Sand Rush

seems like a better way of fixing the type than fucking with the type chart too much
>>
>>26585795
steel shoud do 2x and resist ghost and resist dark, since it's been used like that and in legends for eons.

poison shoud do 2x against normal for obvious reasons
>>
>>26589320
>Electric is super effective against steel

This right here, it's like conduction isn't even a thing in pokemon or in fantasy in general. All you would ever need is some weak eletricity spell and you would fry knight left and right, or at least disarm them

>impling game freak didn't throw the lore out of the window for muh balance
>exept for muh fairys and dreguns
>>
>>26585830
*tips fedora
>>
>>26589320

Look, I get that you're butthurt about Fairies, but do you really need to nerf them into the ground when they're not even particularly OP to begin with?
>>
>>26585795
Make Ice resist Fairy and Ice.

*Scald now deals Super Effective damage against Ice-types, but has the burn rate decreased to 10%.
>>
Just removing the Rock weakness for both Ice and Bug would be a sufficient buff so that remob le smogon ninja mineral weakness.

>>26589847
Fairy is arguably the best typing, there's just not enough good fairies to take advantage of them since most are shitmons. Look at how a mediocre mon like Clefable is suddenly amazing since it got its new typing.
>>
>>26589918
>tfw your ice type dies to sheer cold

Talk about bull fucking shit
>>
>>26586196

Make it super effective against Fairy
>>
>>26585795
I wouldn't change anything.
>>
>>26585815
Yes, but isn't most aquatic life highly susceptible to changes in temperature, especially cold
>>
>>26585803
where were you when aurorus became a grade-a suicune switch-in
>>
Make fighting not very effective against rock. It's literally the dumbest fucking shit ever.

>Punch rock
>Break hand
>It's super effective!

I know it's a reference to breaking blocks, but surely the place your mind comes to before that is punching rocks = seriously painful and not effective.

Steel too. I mean these are meant to be defensive types yet get fucked over by one of the most common attacking types.
>>
>>26589970
>le clefable meme xd
Although Fairy type did help it a little, what made Clefable good in OU were its stats and ability.
If fairy were really overpowered, all the fairies would be in OU.
>>
File: 1463924065452.png (260 KB, 413x409) Image search: [Google]
1463924065452.png
260 KB, 413x409
>>26588876
>ice <steel
>titanic
>>
>>26585899
i agree with this
poison needs a buff too
it has been the bitch of typing since gen1
>>
>>26585795
Make super effective moves do times 2 damage again, I am tired of 1.5 SE damgae leaving my oponent's fug with a sliver on ice attacks
>>
>>26586196
>implying a type that can hit almost everything for neutral damage is shit
>>
>>26591545
>most common offensive types

CC is really poorly distributed outsides of mons that get stab on it and being a fighting type in fairy : the meta is not great
>>
>>26591718
lol wot
>>
Ice resists flying and water
Bug does normal damage to fairy
>>
>>26591813
when gen V became a thing they made super effective move damage 1.5x

it used to be 2.0x stronger
>>
>>26591897
anon, you're thinking of critical hits
>>
>>26591645
Clefable has Magic Guard since Gen IV and very mediocre stats. The combination of immunity to hazards/status + just enough bulk to barely avoid 2HKOS is what makes Clef so good. And it can only fulfill this role because Fairy gives it useful resistances that allows it to avoid getting rekt by nukes/problematic attacks like Draco, High Jump Kek and Knock Off, forcing mons like Latios, Lopunny and Weavile to rely on their weaker secondary STABs. You can't even properly chip it with u-turn.

Most other fairies simply don't have the proper tools to take advantage of the typing, often times lacking reliable recovery (WishProtect a shit) or access to utility moves like T-Wave. We have yet to see how broken a 100 Basepower across the board fairy with a good movepool and a non-shit ability will be.
>>
Make water and electric effective against steel.
Make poison effective against water.
Make fighting, ghost and fairy no longer resist bug.
Make ice and grass resist fairy.
Make grass do normal damage to steel.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.