[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
did u rike it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
File: 1464896077129.png (3 MB, 2102x789) Image search: [Google]
1464896077129.png
3 MB, 2102x789
this is looking like the most comfy looking pair of games yet
>>
>>26585681
Agreed op. Unless I need to fucking use HM's every fucking place I go.
>>
>>26585681
It's a tropical region, it's not going to be comfy at all.

Looks like a good adventure though.

>inb4 people try to say tropical settings can be comfy, and try use fucking Hoenn as an example
>>
And empty.
They sacrified a lot of details to fit these 3D models.
>>
>>26585712
But Sinnoh was comfy.
>>
>>26585732
It can be both anon.
>>
>>26585732
>tropical cant be comfy
the fuck? are you just a sinnohfag projecting hard, or have you been indoctrinated by cold harsh mother russia or something
>>
File: badabing.jpg (134 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
badabing.jpg
134 KB, 1280x720
>>26585681
It's like i'm playing Vice City again...
>>
>>26585897
>>26585914

I'd like it to be comfy. Comfy games are my favorite.

But games with tropical settings seem to focus more on the adventure, and less on the comfy. We have already seen this before, with Hoenn.

So I doubt Alola will be different.

If I am proven wrong, I'll be happy though.

Also;

>are you just a sinnohfag projecting hard, or have you been indoctrinated by cold harsh mother russia or something
It is true I like Sinnoh, but I also like Johto too. I like games that have a very strong comfy atmosphere to counter the adventure. Tropical games tend to lean heavily on the adventure side of things. Which is cool. Can be fun. Obviously too early to say, but I think Alola might be the best Region to date.
>>
My only complaint is, like in Unova and Kalos, and unlike Hoenn/Sinnoh the vegetation seems to change too abruptly in my taste. It just screams NSMB forced diversion over an actual diverse region that actually has realism to it
>>
>>26585681
Its comfy in its own right, but my preferred type are colder climates like Sinnoh.
>>
It does look comfy
I kinda wish they held back SM for the NX now
>>
File: Parfume Palace Gates.jpg (33 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
Parfume Palace Gates.jpg
33 KB, 400x240
>>26586351
Actually, I think Alola looks fine in that regard. MUCH better than Kalos, which was admittedly a mess of environments.

The only weird area in Unova was the volcano in B2/W2. At least it was connected to Undella (the beach town) and nowhere else. That helped secure it's "realism"

The Desert Area after Castelia, that you're probably thinking of, is fine though. It had an In-Universe explanation (Kyurem fucked shit up) and is the best Desert area in any game, so it's completely excused. Unova also had vastly changing environments do to the Geography and the Seasons. Think of it like a hugely compressed USA. Lots of different environments, from deserts to volcanoes, to metropolis's, to forests, but all in one country.

Alola seems to have a much more fluid mesh of environments. Icy area at the top of the mountain, for example. Whereas Kalos would have a desert, blizzard, and swamp right next to each other.

Kalos is the only Region that the environments didn't fit together, I think. The sad thing is they were probably just rushing to showcase as many different environments in the 3d engine, while forgetting that they would make much more memorable games if the environments and geography of the games was more distinguished. Like how Hoenn is tropical, and Sinnoh is more northern themed.

Unova had seasons/geography/lore as an excuse, and worked because it was the first time we had a Region with so many environments. It was one of the themes of the Region. Kalos was just a mess. I think history will not be kind to Gen 6 at all. A messy Region that will prove to be unmemorable, watered down games due to Masuda's retarded idea to compete with Mobile games, and then an embarrassing set of remakes.

The sad thing is, I really enjoyed my time in Gen 6, or at least, with X/Y. But I just cant deny that the second half of the Kalos Region was a mess. I think, from the map we have been given, that Alola will be a much more natural feeling Region.

Sorry for the essay
>>
File: Pokémon World Map.jpg (61 KB, 1280x569) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon World Map.jpg
61 KB, 1280x569
>>26586449
That being said, this fan-made map put Kalos generally in the middle of the PokéEarth, and it helps explain all the varying environments to an extent.
>>
>>26586449
I'm not talking about any specific area in particular, just that everything was more contained by gates etc in Unova than the other games. Not really sure how to describe it. It just felt more limited
>>
File: abrupt badland.jpg (1 MB, 1250x833) Image search: [Google]
abrupt badland.jpg
1 MB, 1250x833
>>26586449
>unova's desert
>"Kyurem fucked shit up"
Nowhere have I heard this. If anything Kalos' desert is the best because it's not really a desert. It's called the "Lumiose Badlands" and its lore is too much farming harmed the environment. Just because some desert pokemon are found there doesn't mean it's a desert. Also I feel that I should add that it keeps in tune with the theme of life/death because while nothing can grow there, it is still being used to generate electricity.
>>
>>26585922
>Fortree and secret bases aren't comfy
>dive doesn't have the comfiest music in the franchise
>running through ash to craft flutes isn't the comfiest side event in the series

Anon, Hoenn is very fucking comfy.
>>
>>26586525
Nah, water is not comfy at all
>>
>>26586525
Nah, ash is not comfy at all
>>
>Tropical
>Comfy
Yeah, no. Temperate and colder regions are comfier. It's a simple fact.
>>
File: Super_mario_sunshine.jpg (143 KB, 256x363) Image search: [Google]
Super_mario_sunshine.jpg
143 KB, 256x363
>>26585922
>But games with tropical settings seem to focus more on the adventure, and less on the comfy.
I thought pic related was pretty damn comfy
>>
>>26586525
Nah, Hoenn isn't comfy at all
>>
>>26586502
Are you retarded? He was referring to Unova's desert.
>>
>>26585681

give me the game now.
>>
>>26586458
You DO know that the pokemon world is the earth plus pokemons, right?
>>
>>26587395
Don't be a twat. In-Game dialogue says otherwise.

The Regions literally can't match up like our world.

Hell look at Alola. Half as many Islands as Hawaii.

Pokémon world is only loosely inspired. I thought this was common knowledge
>>
>>26586525
>dive doesn't have the comfiest music in the franchise
My fucking nigga.
Also chuckled at the "nah" shitposts.
>>
>>26586449
Unova was shit, take your nationalism goggles off murifat
>>
>>26587407
Hi, Richard
>>
>>26587407
>globes identical to earth shown
>there's on in your room in SM

inb4 maptist. I'm not a strict maptist but it's an alternate earth. The regions are not one giant continent.
>>
>>26586449
>B-but le Unova desert was justified because Kyurem fucked shit up

>>26586502
>B-but le Kalos desert was justified because Ultimate Weapon fucked shit up

Stop
Just admit GF done goofed
>>
>>26587675
Nationalism is gonna save Europe from the scourge of Islam, brudda. Stop being a EU cuck.
>>
>>26587677
Don't you fucking dare compare me with that fucktard
>>
>>26587675
I'm not American...
>>
>>26587704
Stop letting your mom post, she'll be scarred for life
>>
>>26587675
New York is shit, Unova is great.
>>
>>26586458
That map is un-canon as shit, I'm no real-worlder but I don't believe that dumb as fuck map either
>>
>>26588060
I said it was fan made you dingaling
>>
>>26585712
>still no HM items
HMs were antiquated in gen one
>>
>>26588064
Yeah, knee-jerk reaction. I've seen that map and one other map used by maptists too many times, I just go into default mode and call people who post it retards
>>
I like how the spaces look much bigger than in other games. Makes me hope there will be more exploration.
>>
>>26588082
I definitely don't think it's anywhere close to being canon. If Game Freak ever show a proper PokéWorld map, I doubt it will look like this.

I do however think it's well made and endearing in that a lot of thought was put into trying to make a game-accurate map, which is the only reason I posted it. The fact that Kalos was put close to Sinnoh, and below southern Unova would help explain Kalos's weird geography, as it fits seemingly perfect there.

But honestly, Game Freak has probably put zero thought into how all the Regions actually fit together. But hey, makes more sense than the theory that it all just matches the real world.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.