[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished ORAS: Delta Episode -Zinnia is cute. Would have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1
File: Delta.png (177 KB, 1024x980) Image search: [Google]
Delta.png
177 KB, 1024x980
Just finished ORAS: Delta Episode

-Zinnia is cute. Would have new beginning with/10.

-Game May is so superior to show May and possibly if not definitely the BEST girl in the entire Pokemon game series. Every interaction you had with her just blew me away and I loved it. She's too damn cute.

-Rayquaza was super cool and seeing him Mega Evolve for the first time in story was GREAT

-Deoxys' appearance was amusing and fun. Loved it. Just tentacles coming out of the triangle and then BAM it's Deoxys.

Also
>that final battle with May HNNNNNNNGGG
>Sky Pillar's music

Honestly my only complaint with the entirety of the endgame was that the E4 and Champion battles were bland as fuck which was a little disappointing given how great I thought the XY one was.
>>
>>26584382
Oh, almost forgot the lore. I LOVED that they expanded more on the Pokemon universe and connected it with the other regions like they did in XY. God I fucking love Pokemon's lore and world building
>>
Those fucking retarded shoes tho
>>
>>26584415
Just took a look at the shoes. They're kinda dumb I guess? The Mega...whatever she had was weird. And I didn't like the way they made her all animalistic in her battle intro. That was lame. Everything else was cool though.
>>
>>26584382
>the E4 and Champion battles were bland as fuck which was a little disappointing given how great I thought the XY one was
Nigga what? XY had the worst E4 and Champion ever.
>>
>>26584443
You saying you would wear those fucking things in public?
>>
>>26584452
Those rooms though. That presentation was so good!
>>
>>26584443
That animation IS basically Zinnia, bruh. Crazy, hot, fucktard from nowhere.

If you value your sanity, do not bring up her musk.
>>
>>26584462
I'm not a sandals guy, so no. But to each their own I guess.
>>
I'd take Battle Frontier over the entirety of the Delta episode.
>>
http://pastebin.com/6iXDxAcf

Not smut, a point by point breakdown of Zinnia's character, free of charge.
>>
>>26584467
On the off-chance you're not a child or baiting, I'll say that the Kalos League presentation could be good if the battles actually lived up to the build-up. Kind of like the climax of the game's plot too.
>>
>>26584517
I'll agree with that. What was it about the E4 and Champion Kalos battles you found offputting?
>>
>>26584517
Well for example i played with the exp share off and ended up very underleveled. The elite 4 was pretty tough and Diantha's Gradevoir destroyed my team. I dont think they're bad at all.

They're just not balanced at all if you play with the exp share on
>>
>>26584535
>E4 members only have 4 Pokémon
>Diantha's team is a joke
>they never get tougher or add new Pokémon to their teams after your first Hall of Fame
The godawful Battle Chateau rematch system doesn't count.
>>
>>26584512
All of that sounds completely plausible, however, I didn't read that much into it and just enjoyed Zinnia for what she was, or at least how I perceived her to be.
>>
>>26584582
>ended up very underleveled
That's literally the only reason they could possibly give anybody trouble. Compare this to Platinum's Elite Four. Even if you were somehow overleveled in that game, those teams and especially Cynthia will still give you a run for your money.
>>
>>26584588
So you prefer the Elite Four to have a decent challenge individually and not as a whole being "The Elite Four"? I assume you want the Champion to be a proper challenge as well and the coddling provided by the EXP Share put a damper on that?

I myself was thinking something similar when I battled Steven and Glacia. Surely they could have given Glacia other Ice pokemon than two pairs of the same, and Steven being practically all steel made him more fitting as an Elite Four and not a Champion. It's one of the reasons I had a lot of respect for the Gen 1 Champion and Diantha in the sense that I felt her team was varied enough to make it feel like she had a Champion team, but not a Champion personality. Steven held a lot of responsibility as Champion of his region, or at least that's how I felt he was portrayed to behave. Diantha was as fleeting and unimportant as I've ever seen a major character, or at least that I can remember.

Truth be told I also thought about how I wished they'd give the E4 members a bit more screentime across the region as to build up their character and make them a little more fun to face before your Champion fight.
>>
>>26584535

1: They were easy as shit. They had 4 pokemon each, didn't have megas despite perfect megas existing, and none of their pokemon were noteworthy. Seigbold's Gyarados was one of the strongest things there, and not because it was particularly good, either.

2: The only memorable member of the E4 was Wikstrom, and even then only as "knight guy". Or Drasna to people who want to have sex with her.

3: Malva was supposed to be a shock, but was so poorly implemented that a good chunk of players never even knew who she was.

4: Seigbold. Fucking Seigbold.

5: The gen 5 E4 structure, which means the elite four becomes easier as you beat them instead of harder.

6: Diantha is the easiest champ to date. Part of it is many shared weaknesses, part of it is a fairly frail team, and part of it was her Aurorus, Gorgiest, and Gxxdra being literal dogshit.

7: Diantha was poorly implemented in game. She had a chat with you once, then vanished, never to be seen again until the big moment. You might not even remember that you saw her once.
>>
>>26584652
>So you prefer the Elite Four to have a decent challenge individually and not as a whole being "The Elite Four"?
Gen V actually delivered both, which is one of the reasons XY had no excuse to fall flat.
>I assume you want the Champion to be a proper challenge as well and the coddling provided by the EXP Share put a damper on that?
Funny story, I actually used the Exp. Share for a bit up until I saw how overleveled I was at the second Gym just from catching lots of Pokémon and fighting every trainer.
>Truth be told I also thought about how I wished they'd give the E4 members a bit more screentime across the region as to build up their character and make them a little more fun to face before your Champion fight.
This would be good, and I'd hope Sun and Moon will do this, but I know better than to expect Game Freak to ever go above and beyond ever again.
>>
>>26584623
Oh come on i one shoted Cynthia's Grachomp with an Ice Shard for fucks sake. If you're overleveled and have trouble with Sinnoh E4 then you're just bad player unless you play with some seriously garbage pokmeon
>>
>>26584717
I feel like there's so much they could put into their games if they had the time and space for it all. I also feel like a lot of these problems could be solved by placing a main series game onto a console and actually taking time to flesh out how characters, environments, and story could work together to make one whole and complete "good" game, but putting all of that into a console would kill one of the things that make it great: being able to play on the go, but that's going into the game itself and not so much ORAS/XY

I look forward to what they have set for Sun/Moon and based on what they've done between ORAS/XY I feel like it could be building towards something really great. It doesn't seem likely given how things change between each gen, but who knows? Optimism.
>>
>>26584701
Legit I thought that team flare leader was the champion just based on how much you saw him, this was without actually reading his dialog.
>>
>>26584753
In any case, the Delta Episode and ORAS are the most I've felt for a Pokemon game by itself in a long time. Probably, ever. Normally I wouldn't even get close to these kinds of feelings unless I did a Nuzlocke run or something, so seeing how everything played out really surprised me, especially since 3rd Gen isn't my most favored of the gens
>>
>>26584786
In addition to that, the credist scene where they go over your journey and kept track of the Pokemon you used was REALLY GOOD. It surprised me a lot and had me reliving some decent moments in the game. Like I actually bothered to use a Nincada and a Ninjask in this game and it was a lot of fun and a little heartfelt seeing him pop up again from all his use early on
>>
>>26584738
>OHKO perfect Defense Garchomp with Ice Shard
What were you using, Mamoswine?
You say it like it's MY fault some of Sinnoh's bromons are shitmons.
>>
>>26584932
Abomasnow
>>
>>26584998
That explains it. Cynthia's Garchomp can still be a bitch with just a slightly underleveled team.
>>
My biggest complaints about ORAS are minor ones:

1. In the DexNav, a platinum crown is supposed to signify that you have obtained every possible pokemon that can be obtained in a region, yet you can get it without catching all of the pokemon in that region that are obtainable only by rock smash. So for example, in granite cave, if you get all of the normal pokemon and all of the hidden pokemon, but not Nosepass, it'll say you caught all the pokemon there.

2. Many mirage islands and many routes share hidden pokemon. With 721 pokemon out there, surely they could give each route a unique set of hidden pokemon...\

That said, Zinnia is rather cute. Also, many of the scenes are rather nice. I liked traveling into space on a fucking Rayquaza, and I also like just soaring around the sky every night looking for mirage islands.
>>
>Be me, dumbass kid playing pearl for the first time.
>Swagger on in to Cynthia's room, flauntin' my 3 properly leveled pokemon like a badass
>Make it to Garchomp
>Outspeeds Infernape, OHKO's with Earthquake
>Well that ain't right...
>Send in Machoke
>Dragon Rush almost KO's, Machoke dies from Rough Skin after a Vital Throw
>You have provoked my unyielding, INFINITE POWER
>Send in the muthafuckin' god of space.
>Garchomp ain't got time for Dragon Rush! OHKO's it with a crit Stone Edge.
>pause for a moment, taking in what just went down.
>play the revive/hyper potion shuffle for a few minutes, never making any progress. Garchomp racks up easily 20-30 kills.
>Run out of items.
>Garchomp finishes murderfucking the rest of the team.
>get sent back to the pokemon center in your first champion loss in Pokemon History.
>Ragequit for a week.

Fast forward over a decade

>Now you know why Cynthia dominating you just works.
>>
>>26585153
That was me with Steven. With Swampert being my main thing, it took a while to get through, especially since I had no ground moves. He made me love Cradily though.

I'm still bummed by no Battle Frontier but I can understand, honestly. Soaring, DexNav, and Secret Bases made for a mighty combo that made route 113 the very coziest.
>>
As mad as no BF made me, that Deoxys encounter was some of the raddest shit ever.
>>
>>26585153

>Rough skin garchomp

Hidden abilities weren't invented yet
>>
>>26585153
>Rough skin garchomp
Fucking Shinohfags making shit up. When will you realise your emo champ was shit?
>>
>>26584507
Hell no. Delta Episode was probably one of the best things. Totally saved ORAS for me (this and mega salamence), would love to play with zinnia !
>>
>>26584701
What's wrong with Siebold? He's the only one of the five with any challenge to him, and it's amusing to tell him Pokemon battles aren't art.
>>
>>26587086
I don't wanna rag on your opinion, but I hated every second of that episode. The only cool part was the set piece or riding Fug into space.

>>26584382
I also don't really remember much about game may. Maybe I need to rewatch those interactions
>>
>>26587521
this is something you won´t often hear in this board. "it´s ok if you don´t like it, for me she was one the best. The poster alone was fucking awesome"
>>
>>26584382
Dexnav, anon, one of the best features ever.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.