[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok so I was thinking about the QR code function of the rotom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: qr4.jpg (26 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
qr4.jpg
26 KB, 400x240
Ok so I was thinking about the QR code function of the rotom dex, and I was wondering what the point was. If everyone will eventually find every pokemon in the game anyway, then why worry about using qr codes to fill a friend's dex?

Then I had a thought.

In Animal Crossing, each world has a set of items that appear. Your game randomly selects between three of these sets when the world is created, and in order to get everything you have to go to other people's games.

What if Gamefreak is doing a similar thing with wild pokemon in Sun and Moon? With over 800 pokemon, it'd be difficult fitting all of them into the islands. What if, in addition to version exclusives, Gamefreak has certain pokemon that appear exclusively in save files, and in order to find the others in your game, you have to scan the qr code?

For example, say player A is playing Sun and finds a Pansage. He would not normally be able to find Pansear or Panpour. But players B (Moon) and C (Sun) can find them, respectively, so by sharing QR codes, the others become findable in game (possibly replacing Pansage?).
>>
>>26579839
There'll probably be qr code list of every pokemon within a few days.
>>
>>26579839
I would be okay with this. Thousands of people can continually scan the same QR code once it's posted.
>>
>>26579892
This. Just go online, problem solved.

Unless the QR codes are one-time only. Gamefreak's ultimate 'fuck you' to sites like Bulbapedo and Japanese Celebi making the Dex worthless.
>>
>>26579839
Well that would still make QR codes pointless because you'd still need trade for everything else. And the QR aren't even helpful for the Pokemon outside of your game cause there is no place to catch them.
>>
But it's only for the alola dex lol,that will probably have 270-300 pokemon in,so it isn't really a big deal.
>>
>>26579982
I think the idea is that they wouldn't be in your game until you scanned the QR code, which then let them be found.

It's still a little silly, because the nature of the internet allows you to just have something like this: >>26579892

Which is still fine, I guess. It allows you a way to register a Pokemon as "seen," like all those books and people who show you a rare, often Legendary, Pokemon since about Gen IV while continuing the whole social aspect of Pokemon. Still very odd as a new feature.

I wonder if this will be a way to get special giveaways or activate swarms or something?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.