[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT we change an ability and/or 1 (and only 1) move to try and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: hitmonlee.png (39 KB, 254x227) Image search: [Google]
hitmonlee.png
39 KB, 254x227
ITT we change an ability and/or 1 (and only 1) move to try and make a Pokemon go up a tier.

Rules:
1. No huge/pure power, shadow tag, moody, or speed boost. OP as hell and makes it boring
2. No legendary moves (Yes, of course Arcanine would be better with sacred fire, but so would anything)
3. Added moves/ability should make sense/be within some kind of reason. For example, saying "Give Garchomp Dragon Dance" is sensible because it's a dragon type mon and it's actually kinda odd that it doesn't learn it (although this probably wouldn't put Garchomp in ubers, you get the point). Saying "Give Victini Dragon Dance" is not sensible in terms of why Victini would get that kind of attack. Abilities don't have to be quite so within reason but don't go full retard and give Charizard drizzle or something.

I'll start. Give Hitmonlee Swords Dance and Sturdy. That way you can do the Leichi Berry thing already done with endure in RU, and with Swords Dance and Leichi you should be able to sweep much better. Gets hurt by priority but still better than its current state, and you could give it mach punch anyway.
>>
Full Metal Body now makes fire type attacks do 1/4 damage
>>
Give Mew crabhammer
>>
>>26577586
>>26577553
Why you guys wanna be faggots and not do the point of the thread?
>>
>>26577469
Arceus gets Tailglow
>>
>>26577696
Not sure if meant to be a troll response, but I think this could actually get it banned from ubers. High speed, tail glow + 3 attacks/recover and 2 attacks could kill most of ubers, especially considering you could have any type arceus.
>>
Volcarona + Magic Guard
>>
>>26577785
That would actually be pretty good. I think you could say the same for a lot of mons weak to hazards. Maybe if Articuno had that as a hidden ability it could be useable.
>>
Sableye + Dark Void

:^)
>>
File: aerodactyl.gif (969 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
aerodactyl.gif
969 KB, 500x375
>>26577469
>Aerodactyl gets Brave Bird
or
>Aerodactyl gets Head Smash

if it can only have one it needs Brave Bird more, but it should really have both
>>
File: sweating.png (142 KB, 415x367) Image search: [Google]
sweating.png
142 KB, 415x367
>Sap sipper Mega swampert
>>
>>26577942
Honestly Aero is one that could reasonably just get aerialate.
>>26577935
I'll let this pass as sensible, since a lot bulky mons apparently get grass eater ability.
Flash fire scizor is the other one that is common in almost any ability, but it would make no sense.
>>
>>26577728
Probably Flying/Earth Power would be the best for 2 attack variants
>>
>>26577469
>one tier
how about nu to at least ou?
give archeops rock head and brave bird
>>
>>26578017
That's for covereage. Supereffective shadow ball could be nice, or t bolt. Flying doesn't really hit much in ubers for super effective.
>>
>>26578062
Okay to bump it up at least one tier.

Also yeah, kinda forgot about Slaking, Regigigas, and Archeops, the mons that have shit tier abilities that ruin what would otherwise be strong as fuck.

Really though, I do like this idea. It would definitely be at least OU, with EQ it could hit most mons in the tier for good damage. The lack of boosting moves might let it get walled, but it gets U-turn too. Yeah, this would probably be at least OU.
>>
>>26578076
True, but when you can get to +6 in 2 turns with the most consistently powerful Pokemon in the game, what you hit super effective sort of stops mattering

I only want Earth Power to nail various specific targets better
>>
>>26577969
well, yeah, aerilate double-edge would be a stronger flying stab, and return about the same, but slapping aerilate on everything is kinda boring as opposed to having a pokemon with rock head get some actual synergistic moves

this is true for most rock head pokemon, though especially for aeerodactyl considering both of its types get good relevant recoil moves
>>
>>26578112
Honestly I thought EP just for Groudon. Yeah, I suppose super effective wouldn't matter much. At that point you could go normal arceus (bonus points of having an item) and give it shadow ball. Hits everything.
>>
>>26578150
True. Aeirliate and related abilities are kinda OP. I feel like if a mon is a big representative of its type, it should be able to get it. Like Sylveon is the first fairy and it is an Eveelution which often get type related abilities, so that would seem like a fair one. Giving it to Altaria was just "how obnoxious can we make this?"

Also for a lot of mons the -ate abilities wouldn't make them that OP, just better. Dragonite is an example of one that becomes OP, however.

Here's an idea, any bug that had a worm form (so a fuck ton) can learn sticky web in worm form. That alone would bump at least the best of those mons up.
>>
Rampardos gets rock head

why the fuck doesn't it already
>>
Mega Gengar + Calm Mind
>>
>>26578238
Good point desu senpai.
Also, this is one of the mons, being a dino, dino is kinda like dragon, I could see Dragon Dance.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.