[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://pokemon.gamespress.com/relea se.asp?i=2056 >"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1461898741839.jpg (168 KB, 1600x1456) Image search: [Google]
1461898741839.jpg
168 KB, 1600x1456
http://pokemon.gamespress.com/release.asp?i=2056

>"Besides showing the player’s current location and their next destination, the Rotom Pokédex also provides advice on where to go next, based on the conversations players have with other characters."

Pic related.
>>
>>26569950
>you could escape the friends
>but you can never escape Siri Rotom
>>
Is rotom the next navi?
>>
File: 1464790391321.png (307 KB, 815x608) Image search: [Google]
1464790391321.png
307 KB, 815x608
>>26569950
Great, now on top of everything we have rotom holding our hands, thanks gf
>>
Hopefully it'll be like Skyward Sword where it mainly gives you that kind of info when you actually ask for it. Would really suck to have it chime in to tell you where to go every time you talk to someone.
>>
>>26569950
>>26571122
>baaaawing about low difficulty
>in a children's game
You're not part of the demograph they need to cater to and never will be again, holy fuck, get over it and play something else. You know there's games intended for grown ups right?
>>
>>26571302
First off, if you're just gonna argue that it's a children's game, fucking leave. You have no point in being here.

Second, people are complaining because only recently have the games started hand-holding. Older Gens didn't give you an EXP Share at the beginning of the game, and it used to be opt-in (you turn it on), but now it's opt-out.
>>
>>26571302
>trying to catch Pokemon
"BLEEP BLOOP WAAAAA GO MARGARITA TOWN, TURN LEFT HERE"

>want to explore the route
"DING DONG FFFFFFFFFFFFF YOU'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY"

>just leave any city
"BZZT BZZT REMEMBER WHAT THE PROFESSOR SAID ABOUT HOW TO GET TO THE OTHER TOWN! WOULD YOU LIKE DIRECTIONS? NO? REMEMBER, YOU CAN ALWAYS OPEN ME BACK UP FOR MORE HELP DURING THE GAME!"

>set the game down for a second
"ERRRT ERRRT PLEASE PUT THE SYSTEM IN REST MODE TO SAVE BATTERY LIFE"

The demographic isn't mentally handicapped chimpanzees.
>>
File: absolute disaster.jpg (53 KB, 418x443) Image search: [Google]
absolute disaster.jpg
53 KB, 418x443
>>26571485
Don't forget
"BLIB BLAB BLOB WOULD YOU LIKE TO LEARN HOW TO CAPTURE A POGEYMAN?"
"BLARBABAP HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF A POKEMON CENTER?"
"BLOOPBLOOP IT'S DANGEROUS TO GO THAT WAY" [forces you to turn back]
>>
>>26571615
Like shit FR/LG gave you a great tutorial in the Teachy TV, but didn't force it down you're fucking throat if you knew what you were doing.

People seem to forget that.
>>
>>26571485
>YOU CAN ALWAYS OPEN ME BACK UP

Great, so it will only give random advice when I open it, just like that fairy from Bravely Default.
>>
>>26571485
Why not the opposite? Each island can be explored semi-freely without arbitrary roadblocks, and that's why they decided to put in a function to give players used to the pure linearity of most of the other games some direction?

>>26571165
>Hopefully it'll be like Skyward Sword

Yeah, I sure loved "beep boop there is a 97.333 percent chance that you need to open this boss door, just like the last three times".
>>
>>26571302
The demographic's the same as for Gen I, and those were actually challenging. Better bait, please.
>>
>>26571302
dumb argument since we are part of the demographic. they clearly know about the comp scene and the sheer amount of people around the age of 18-30 who still play the games.
>>
>>26569950
Wait, people don't like this feature? Really? Because there's been so many times where I play the game for a while, put it down for a while, pick it back up, and have no idea where the heck I was supposed to be going!
>>
Feature can be turned off in Yokai Watch, which this is clearly influenced by, so I'mma say you can turn it off.
>>
>>26569950
HEY
>>26570005
HEY
>>26570034
LISTEN
>>
Just turn it off.
>>
Don't be so pessimistic, guys. Maybe it'll just recall you of some important conversations, and only when you ask it?
Right?
...Right?
>>
>>26571832

Why did you ask Fi for help right outside the boss door? Are you stupid and can't figure out what to do?
>>
>>26569950
>You need a Rotom to activate it

Just don't fucking activate it.
Maybe since they're giving the option, they let you choose your own easy or hard mode.
>>
>>26571302
Okay, then tell me why ORAS was so handholdy compared to the original RS? That's just proof that the games are becoming more and more hand holding.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.